PDA

View Full Version : Birth Certificate & Driver License or State/Government ID

Ranae
03-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Lets start with the question about the birth certificate.

The conversation has came up a few times in the past weeks on wanting to get the individual states to change your "M or F" marker on your birth certificate after you have SRS, and I heard one even wanting to lobby to get the US Government to make a law for ALL the states to have your status marker changed on ones birth certificate when you start your real life test , living as the other gender.

Well, I don't believe it is the right thing to do is make it a law that anyone should change the male or female marker on the birth certificate. It is as it is titled "A Birth Certificate". I have never heard it called a "Living Certificate". It is the certificate that affirms your birth information at the time of birth. If at the point of birth you are born male then a "M" should be there and if you was born a female then a "F" should be there.

Now before anyone gets all twisted up, No I am not totally against have some visual change for the public to see. I do think an "Amended" Birth Certificate to go with your original. The original staying as it is on your actual record, And the amended form to be the Amended Certificate to show your current status. But, only AFTER complete SRS. If anyone needs to pull your Birth Certificate, then the only public one they would ever see would be the amended one. It is just like a death certificate should have the marker {M or F}as to your status at the time of death.

On the flip side I do think there should be a law to force the states to change your driver license or State/Government ID changed to match the gender you are living once you start your "real life test."

Once you start your HRT and living full time in the other gender you should be able to have your DL/ID match.

To have too live a period of one to two years of other gender and still have your "OLD" gender marker on the DL/ID is like, a slap in the face each time you would have to show it. Your DL/ID with the new picture and marker, would be needed to open credit accounts at stores, To open bank accounts, To purchase items with a CC , To get a passport, well, to present yourself in many fashions. This should be able to be done in the form of the life you are presenting your self in 24/7/365.

These are my thoughts and views on this and I now others have totally different views.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Well it sounds plausable - now if you could find a Congress man or woman to

sponsor it - how about BARNEY FRANK ?

JoAnne Wheeler

"I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Sarah...
03-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Hmmmmm. Ok. A reasoned approach you offer there. I might suggest my original birth certificate was wrong (dingbats - couldn't they tell? :battingeyelashes:). So it would be nice to correct it rather than issuing another document on top that leaves the wrong one still there. Which I can do if I meet some defined requirements (that don't necessarily include SRS).

It should be a personal choice for each of us within an open framework in my view.

Sarah...

carolinoakland
03-03-2009, 03:43 PM
You can have a dr fill out dmv form 328 in california after you change your name and get a new ssi card with the new name on it. Then the dmv will issue you a new license with the new name AND the new gender on it. I can't wait, the courts here are so backed up that while I filed and completed my publication requirement I didn't count on a four month delay just to get into the courtroom, rrrrrr. carol