PDA

View Full Version : Trip Preparations

April Simmons
03-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Excited about my upcoming trip to Detroit, I am planning on trying shopping en femme and going to a club.

For my mall adventure I needed some more sensible shoes. Up until today all my shoes had four-inch heels. I had a meeting in the city today and on the way home I stopped at an outlet mall, where I am sure I would not run into anyone I know.

Dressed in a navy blue pinstripe suit (the guy kind) I made a beeline for the Payless shoe store. On my first attempt I was too nervous and had to leave. I came back later after having checked out a Winners, no shoes in my size.

On my second visit to Payless the lady in charge welcomed me back and asked what I was looking for, I screwed up my courage and said woman’s shoes, “running shoes’ ? she questioned. No women’s shoes, “what size and did you know it is the last day of our buy one get the second pair half off”. Well to make a long story short I walked out with a very comfortable two inch heeled pump and an open toed sling back also with a two-inch heel both in black.

No I didn’t wear them home.:heehee:

Hugs,

April

Paula T
03-03-2009, 12:40 AM
the first time but believe me it gets easier.:)

Karren H
03-03-2009, 07:37 AM
the first time but believe me it gets easier.:)
:iagree:

Check out Shoe Carnival sometime!! I've been seen walkig around there in a dark male business suit wearing pumps!! :).

Also in Detroit you might want to check out Janet's Closet... Great TG stroe so I've heard..

JoAnne Wheeler
03-03-2009, 08:16 AM
How were you treated by the SA when you told her ? what you wanted ? Did

she bat an eye or did she try to help you and make you feel at ease ? In

any event, I admire your determination.

JoAnne Wheeler

"I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

MJ
03-03-2009, 09:13 AM
trust me you will do fine sis. have fun

tricia_uktv
03-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Yay, well done April. To start off with it is the hardest thing. But certainly in the UK it is not a problem, I have always been treated well. And its amazing what you can actually do. It does get easier I promise, but the first few times are great fun despite (or because of) being tinged by fear. Go girl!