clothing ,etc ? Sometimes, I think that we act so juvenile and I'm as guilty

as any other girl. Why do we do this ? Is it because we missed out on this

wonderful experience and we are trying to make up for lost time ? What are

your thoughts ?

JoAnne Wheeler

"I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Sara Jessica
03-03-2009, 09:51 AM
I don't find myself doing that so much. Sure, a comment or portion of conversation here and there about fashion, makeup or whatever but when I'm with friends, we're usually talking about life, family, gender issues (which don't necessarily dwell on the superficial) and even politics here and there. For the most part, I'd think this is just like other women.

I'd get utterly bored talking about makeup, clothes, hair, etc. non-stop over the course of a two hour conversation!

SarahPerth
03-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Maybe we do.

I remember what it was like just to have a forum and have someone to chat to about something so special to me.

You an get quite engrossed and just want to go into as much detail as you can or someone is willing to listen to.

If thats a 13 to 16 year old girl, well then Im guilty.

Tamara Croft
03-03-2009, 10:04 AM
:lol: on this board? oh yes :heehee:

nikki47
03-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Maybe we do have the same excitement as a teenage girl does,after all until we found this forum,we would probably lf we were lucky, have a supportive partner to talk to,but in my experience my wife supported me but didn't want to hear me go on and on about this article of clothing or the latest mascara i wanted,she understood my need for dressing but wanted me 99% of the time for me to be the man she married.So yes maybe i'm guilty of acting like those young girls and i can tell you it's so nice to come on here and talk about all areas of cding.I'm so glad i have a place like this to visit.

Nikki

Angie G
03-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Don't try to figure if out hun just have fut with it. It's good to go gaga now and then.:hugs:
Angie

Karren H
03-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Omg!!!!!!!!!

:D

docrobbysherry
03-03-2009, 10:51 AM
THAT'S one of the beauties of this forum! U can switch topics at the click of your mouse! From "pics posts", to sad, or inspiring posts, to dressing tips, to shopping sites, etc., etc.! :)

I would get bored silly, staying in one forum here, all evening!:doh:

Do ANY OF U do that?:eek:

Joanne f
03-03-2009, 11:08 AM
That's just an ugly rumor that someone is trying to spread around :wasntme:

Lorileah
03-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Let's see Lori came out in full force 12 years ago so...yeah, I am still working the teenage part. Luckily I got the legs for it

vivianann
03-03-2009, 12:20 PM
I hope I dont.

CharleneT
03-03-2009, 12:24 PM
We definitely do that ! I think it is a "phase" or stage of growth. I know I act very different now than a few years ago. I used to love to chatter about such, now some days but not so much.

Sadly, my bedrooom is still in the teenager phase: clothes everywhere !! Bathroom sink ... ah, let's not go there....

carolinebrookes
03-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Yes we do.......I sometimes still have the tantrums of 13 year old too!

MissConstrued
03-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Who's this "we?" You got a mouse in your pocket?

Marjory
03-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Ballistics, physics, weight lifting, martial arts yes, I could talk for hours about some of them.
Even politics and economics as well as cars. A long conversation about clothes... no.

Kate Simmons
03-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah, some of us wascally wittew wadies tend to be siwwy sawsages sometimes.:heehee:

Ashlyee Paige
03-03-2009, 03:09 PM
I think so, it really seemed to show in makeup application as well, I think when you discover youself there are growth phases as well, in taste and stlye of clothes, music you are trying to connect to your inner child so to speak. During the early teens girls are just discovering themselves and identity as well as physical changes, breasts are beginning to form ect. I know personally I am angry that I missed the female development years and sometimes think I am trying to relive them. I get angry and upset at fate sometimes because I so much wanted to do things in life that I will never be able to have now, I think we try to go back and it helps us develop our personality today.

Hali
03-03-2009, 03:38 PM
It has always been stop this do this with my GF, she once commented "you act like a 16 year old girl" why did she say that? it was the way i act when i see men or guys sometimes .........my walk will change and at the same time i try to hold on to her or stay close to her and some of the acts were just too much she had to comment.

carolinoakland
03-03-2009, 03:51 PM
I've commented on this many times. I feel that the female in me was put into a time capsule, and now she's been released back into the time stream to begin aging. That's why I feel like a 25 year old most of the time. Carol

tricia_uktv
03-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Yup. So what? Enjoy it

ggtracy
03-03-2009, 06:57 PM
I definately see my SO transform into a teenage girl whenever we are in the same room with another TG/CDer. listening to them oh and ah over the latest color of lipstick one of them has, reminds me of my high school days.

I guess its the excitement of being able to connect with someone else at that level. cuz I certainly do not get excited over lipstick anymore.

Nicki B
03-03-2009, 07:12 PM
IME, all trans people have to go through a 'teenage' phase to find their desired gender - it's just they mostly do it when they are physically older, which sometimes can be a little unsettling to those around them, particularly for MTFs.. FTMs often look younger (as men) than they really are, so it's less noticeable?

But it's perfectly normal.

O2B Barbara
03-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Sometimes I just want to be that teenager and experience the thrill of it all!

Gabrielle Hermosa
03-03-2009, 07:55 PM
...Why do we do this ? Is it because we missed out on this wonderful experience and we are trying to make up for lost time?

I think you just nailed it right there.

I'd say the answer to your question is a big YES. It depends on topic and subject matter though. Obviously some topics are more teen-oriented, or more likely to be seen as teen oriented - like lingerie, makeup, shoes, and the gratuitous (and fun) micro-mini thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92229). :heehee:

I never got to be a teen girl. In my teens, I was too busy being what society would have me be... well, that and a mental case.

So here I am now, hanging out with my cd friends, talking makeup, shoes, lingerie... even posted a photo of me in some lingerie in the risky business forum. I'm not getting any younger - better flaunt what I've got left, before it's up and left me for good, right?

So if I engage in teen-girl-like chat, I make no apologies for it, nor do I look down upon anyone else who does. What self-respecting cd doesn't enjoy some young girly fun? :)

Nicki B
03-03-2009, 08:00 PM
So here I am now, hanging out with my cd friends, talking makeup, shoes, lingerie... even posted a photo of me in some lingerie in the risky business forum.

Isn't that called 'learning from your peers' - which is exactly what adolescents do..

martha mars
03-03-2009, 08:22 PM
I did not mess out on having all may sister i went through it right with them yes and it was fun if i had it to do all over again i would be right there with them :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Ronni Seymour
03-03-2009, 09:12 PM
One word, YES!

Empress Lainie
03-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Ah yes, I remember it well. I have always felt like 17 inside ever since ummmm wellllll, nineteen(last century!)
fifty errrr uhhhh two!!

And I talk on the telephone for hours.......with my best gf!
A rare day when we aren't on the phone from 2am to 3am or later.

Hope
03-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Do we act like 13-16 year old teenagers when we talk about our lingerie, our hair styles, our make-up, our shoes, where to buy, how to co-ordinate our clothing ,etc ? Sometimes, I think that we act so juvenile and I'm as guilty
as any other girl. Why do we do this ?

It is because teen girls are just starting to explore all of this stuff - it is all new and exciting to them... it's all new and exciting to us as well... naturally our conversations - motivated by the same thing, about the same thing, will sound similar.

Talk to girls who have transitioned, they spend much less time talking about makeup and clothes.

Puberty is a bitch.

Thalia
03-15-2009, 08:17 AM
GGs don't post pictures of themselves and ask others for comments on nails, shoes, makeup or clothing. In fact, I don't think they do this amongst their friends either. I do find some of the comments juvenile but find I too fall into the same pattern of commenting. Maybe it's because so many of us don't 'go out of the house' and look for valildation among our piers.

PretzelGirl
03-15-2009, 10:32 AM
GGs don't post pictures of themselves and ask others for comments on nails, shoes, makeup or clothing. In fact, I don't think they do this amongst their friends either. I do find some of the comments juvenile but find I too fall into the same pattern of commenting. Maybe it's because so many of us don't 'go out of the house' and look for valildation among our piers.

You apparently haven't followed a teenage girl's MySpace page. Google PC4PC and W4W and you will find they post tons of pictures of themselves and look for positive comments from those viewing them. A new type of affirmation to feel good about yourself I guess. It may be in a different light that what is looked for here, but there certainly are similarities.

sallyjones
04-12-2009, 09:41 PM
a trusting SO will help you grow into a woman instead of just a teenage girl. but yes we all act like teenagers because we didnt get the years of experience.

Barbaraheels
04-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Like many teenage girls we are still learning about what works for us. The experience of being a woman is still fairly new to us so its natural for us to want to share and ask questions.

Persephone
04-12-2009, 11:59 PM
I think so, it really seemed to show in makeup application as well, I think when you discover youself there are growth phases as well, in taste and stlye of clothes, music you are trying to connect to your inner child so to speak. During the early teens girls are just discovering themselves and identity as well as physical changes, breasts are beginning to form ect. I know personally I am angry that I missed the female development years and sometimes think I am trying to relive them. I get angry and upset at fate sometimes because I so much wanted to do things in life that I will never be able to have now, I think we try to go back and it helps us develop our personality today.
:yt::iagree:

But in addition, not all, but many women do much the same in "real life."

When I'm with my GG friends, sure, we discuss everything from husbands and feelings to politics, but a lot of the discussions among the women I know focus on fat/diets/loosing weight, on detailed descriptions of new clothes or clothes seen on others, and on hair and makeup.

Watch two women in conversation over lunch and periodically you'll see one or both using their hands to indicate what the neckline on a dress or blouse was like, or moving around to show what she's thinking about for a new haircut or hairstyle.

The topics may not be as frequent or as intense as it was as teenagers, but clothing/hair/makeup/weight continue to be of general importance to women, and, in addition, those items are an itegral part of "female bonding."

Bev06 GG
04-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Hi Ladies,
This is a conversation that I had not so long back with a female friend of mine. She was saying how her fella (CD) acted pretty much the same as her 15 year old daughter when he was dressed and it was beginning to grate on her a bit. We both came to the same conclusion as you have all done.
On a personal note though I think you have to then add to that the fact that teenage women soon grow up to have responsibilities such as babies (not all I know) balancing family life with a career, periods and days when she feels pretty damned awful. All of these and more kind of makes you grow up pretty quickly and your teenage conversations about which outfit to wear, or what colour nail varnish to put on seem to pale into insignificance as they are replaced with more pressing things such as what time do the kids need picking up from football practice and will I make it across town to pick their sister up from dance class ontime, or what is that horrible rash on my child's face, is it something serious should I ring the doctor etc etc etc.
Before any of you say that men have these concerns too, yes I know but in male mode you dont act like 15 year old school girls. Whilst in femme mode you dont have to think about those kind of things you can just get lost in your own little world and be who you want to be and if you like remain in teenage mode. Interesting hey
Take care
Bev

sometimes_miss
04-13-2009, 03:36 PM
it because we missed out on this wonderful experience and we are trying to make up for lost time ?

I don't know if I'd act juvenile, but I feel that way (I've never interacted with anyone else when dressed as a girl, other than when I was molested as a kid). I've always felt like I was about 13, female, and waiting for puberty to make me the woman I was supposed to be. That feeling has never gone away, and at this point in my life, I don't think it will. But I live in eternal hope.

Missed out on that 'wonderful experience'? I think there are a whole lot of women who will disagree with you about adolescence being a wonderful experience.

pink femme
04-13-2009, 03:41 PM
In my mind I love swapping between a giggly teenager and a married woman with children. The giggly teenager because yes it is exactly what I wish my teens had been like and the married mum because then I have been a bride, been made love to you, been pregnant, given birth and felt a mothers love.

athensboi1
04-15-2009, 02:21 AM
I'm 19-- so I can chat like a teenage girl lol

Chloe Renee
04-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Yes we do. But what is fun is when you bring GG friends down to that level also. after about twenty minutes they notice.

Meghan
04-15-2009, 11:01 PM
It is because teen girls are just starting to explore all of this stuff - it is all new and exciting to them... it's all new and exciting to us as well... naturally our conversations - motivated by the same thing, about the same thing, will sound similar.

Talk to girls who have transitioned, they spend much less time talking about makeup and clothes.

Puberty is a bitch.

Smile. I totally agree. What is frustrating to me is the fact that the male side of me has developed over time, and has learned to work with the rest of the world and yes, of course, my female side.

Yet, the female wihtin me has only a few chances to talk about things openly so when she does come out, it giddy excitement and jibber jabber etc. It's like that side hasn't had time to mature...

Meghan

Deb The Brunette
04-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Don't try to figure if out hun just have fut with it. It's good to go gaga now and then.:hugs:
Angie

Now and then??....I'm like that all the time lol