PDA

View Full Version : Your hair or mine?

janexx
03-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Do you have a problem with wearing a wig or does that suite you real well?

Can you go out with your own hair - if so how do you reconcile the drab you to the fem you?

I have three wigs - one is real hair but I dont have the skill to style it so it will be on Ebay soon. another a blond flick wig close to me hair colour when young and the third light brunet which for some reason I like wearing but know looks wrong. how do you get on?

I guess I must be lucky in that being an older member wehen I am getting near to needing a drab haircut I can restyl it - as below.

What do you do?

O2B Barbara
03-03-2009, 07:19 PM
I have been letting my hair grow for the last year. I did get a lot of ribbing at work at first but just tell folks it is for Locks of Love and tell them to join in. I usually wear it down, has a natural flip on the ends that I like. when working outdoors I can put it in a ponytail.

I have a couple of wigs but do prefer to have my own hair.

Anna_kissed
03-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Janexx, may I congratulate you on your hair--it looks fantastic--I have been trying to be able to swap styles like you---so far with limited success---but you have proven it can be done-Thanks.

AlanaRachelle
03-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Interesting. I am looking for a hairstyle that will suit me and my male host equally. Any suggestions?

ErikaLeigh
03-03-2009, 10:16 PM
<<<<< My own hair, I wear it both in a pony tail and just let in hang down naturally. I have had long hair for the last 20+ years and most dont care. And if they do I dont care anyway. :D Its now about 3 inches from my behind. :)

Jacquilynne
03-03-2009, 10:27 PM
I use my own hair . . . . I started letting it grow about 5 years ago. . .and get it trimmed to about mid back occasionally . . . right now its a little shorter as I had it Permed about a month ago. . . I've done this twice and my hair loves the Perm . . . lasts for about 9 months or maybe longer I can't remember ;)

Leslie Mary S
03-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Alas I would love to wear my own silver locks but there is this very thinning spot at the back of my head. It is not bare, but you can easily see my scalp. So I MUST wear a wig.

I have nine of them. From a platinum blonde (Marilyn Monroe - Some like it hot) to a very dark red shoulder length hair to a coppery very long style.

As of yet I have not bought a Cher wig. MY skin color just does not SEEM TO support it. Even with my small percentage (7.5%) of Native American heritage.

kellycan27
03-03-2009, 10:58 PM
I have my own hair, but i don't mind wearing a wig now and then to change my look. I don't do drab anymore, so that isn't an issue.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Some of us no longer have a choice - when I was younger, I had a lot of

Blonde hair - I wore it in a Curly "FRO" for over 10 years - I loved getting

perms while underdressed - but now, my hair is getting so thin on top that it

is impossible to try to style it or let it grow long. BUT, there a tremendous

advantage - it makes it a lot easier to wear a wig

JoAnne Wheeler

"I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Teri Jean
03-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Like JoAnne my hair is thin on top and now keep it in a buzz cut. Love the wigs and the possibilities. Keli

Kate Simmons
03-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Interesting issue really and one I have wondered about. It's a "no brainer" for me since I'm bald but in all honesty I sometimes wonder if some of the "girls" here who do have their own hair, keep it long and style it like a woman are not really TS. The same goes for those who get manicures, their nails done, etc on a regular basis. For myself, the wig is part of the costume or outfit and one usually complements the other. I don't think having my own hair for the character that is created would really work as the whole image is part and parcel of the illusion that is projected (and it is an illusion believe me, otherwise I would opt for SRS). The main difference between myself and some others maybe is the fact that everyone knows who I am up front and my intent is not to fool anyone, just to have fun being myself. In any case, I can appreciate why some would want to style their hair differently in both modes but have trouble grasping the true intention in doing that.

Shayna2008
03-07-2009, 03:33 PM
I have a wig (see avatar), but don't like wearing separate things (like wigs and fake boobs). I'm growing my hair out now so I can have my own long hair. I always fear someone coming up behind and grabbing my wig away. I'm trying to have more feminine features of my own now so I don't have to put on a whole ton of stuff to be Shayna. I think I'd feel more secure going out in my own natural hair.

Shikyo
03-07-2009, 04:17 PM
I never even had to think about getting a wig. Already before I had accepted what I am, I had started growing out my hair. By the time I had accepted my true self, it was already way over the shoulders. Even though I do not believe in fate to me this seems like a rather big coincidence.

Arianna: Not sure if I'd count, but I have always worn my hair girly, even at the time when I was not cross dressing nor accepting/understanding my transsexuality. For me it was more of a natural thing to do, both now and before, I enjoyed it at that time and I still do.

Leslie Mary S
03-08-2009, 01:56 AM
Since we are talking about accessories how many of you gals have different pairs of perscription eye glasses. I am thinking of getting a pair for my fem side. At present I struggle about without but when I have to drive or read, out come my "drab" aviators with tri focal lenses. I have tried contacts but can't easily get them in or out. My Optomitist said he had never seen anyone with as strong Eye Lids as mine. Even he had trouble putting in a set of test contacts.
So Gals, How many of you have drab and fem glasses?

Leslie

Claire3
03-08-2009, 02:14 AM
ive 4 wigs,only really wear 2 of them,they need styling.im no expert.another one on the way,seems a little hit and miss to me

Shikyo
03-08-2009, 02:47 AM
Since we are talking about accessories how many of you gals have different pairs of perscription eye glasses. I am thinking of getting a pair for my fem side. At present I struggle about without but when I have to drive or read, out come my "drab" aviators with tri focal lenses. I have tried contacts but can't easily get them in or out. My Optomitist said he had never seen anyone with as strong Eye Lids as mine. Even he had trouble putting in a set of test contacts.
So Gals, How many of you have drab and fem glasses?

Leslie

Got prescription glasses, but I only got one pair. I'd call it more feminine than masculine for sure. It has thin hingeless design and red edge tint and photo chromatic lenses that turn in sun to different shades of pink/red.

Lisa Golightly
03-08-2009, 03:52 AM
Oh, it's my hair :) Or should that be tangleweed ;) It looked lovely yesterday... Now... in the morning eeeeek!!!

I only use a wig if I'm doing something different... The last one was bubblegum pink... :)

Jess_cd32
03-08-2009, 04:04 AM
Oh, it's my hair :) Or should that be tangleweed ;) It looked lovely yesterday... Now... in the morning eeeeek!!!

I only use a wig if I'm doing something different... The last one was bubblegum pink... :)

Ditto all that, including the pink hair:doh:...my blonde is also a wig.

Fabiana.rj
03-08-2009, 08:30 AM
I use my own hair. Sometimes, people at work, makes a few jokes about my looks, but that's no big deal.

sometimes_miss
03-08-2009, 09:04 AM
As a teen, I had beautiful 'girl' hair. Now, I'm lucky I have any hair. For me it's a wig or it may as well be the Sinead O'connor look.
Glasses, I get mine from zennioptical.com. At eight bucks a pair, I have several 'girl' frames to pick from.

BeckiB
03-08-2009, 10:14 AM
I am a wig girl. I don't like having long hair in boy mode...it is just too much of a pain to deal with. Besides with wigs Ican change my hair on a whim...3 times a day! LOL

PretzelGirl
03-08-2009, 10:01 PM
I have long hair. I am finding it is a drawback in one way. It is hard to really make yourself look like someone else when "transforming". When someone puts a wig on, they usually get quite a different appearance. When you re-style your hair, you tend to look like the same person with an altered appearance.

sky0629
03-08-2009, 10:52 PM
I let my hair grow for the last 6yrs. i change colors all the time, head out to your nearest beauty salon if your into a color change. the girls are alway helpful in getting you into the color for you. but theres nothing with a hot blonde. letting your hair grow a couple more inches will also help in a style your looking for. i have a few friends that pull that drab look off into a chick style, short can done. Sky

Cassiecd
03-09-2009, 09:46 AM
I LOVE hair!

Girls are SO lucky they get to wear long hair all the time and feel that wonderful mane caressing their face and shoulders.

When i was younger, I could not grow my hair out because of my job. That is when I discovered wigs before I discovered cd-ing. Now that I am older, I dont have enough hair to grow out (damn the luck and timing!). But I do treasure my wigs the most in my girl gear.

Some I wear for the feel, some because they look more realistic and feminine. So yes, a wig suits me well. Love em!

jackieo
03-09-2009, 12:36 PM
I like having my own hair I can were it up down and almost any way I want.
Right now its a little short after cutting 6inches off the back and putting the rest height tie for my friends funeral in November but now its 5 months and its grown in but not as long as it was it will be there about September and I cant wate.
I can put in a small pony tail but that's it.
My wife offered to by me a wig but I real like my hair! It a lot of work but it lets me really lets me know what every GG go's though every day wake up and look like broom Hilda.LOL
jackieo

Angel.Marie76
03-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Generally I choose to wear my own hair, down and long most of the time, see here:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102464

I've had it long since I was in school, and have only cut it shorter once or twice, usually to apply for new work in places. I would LOVE to go with bangs or other decorative stylings, however, not being out F/T, I'm trying to be more careful about styling options.

I have worn a wig for Hallows before, and have been thinking about picking up a brunette with bangs wig as well, but all in time. I'd personally rather just keep styling my own for as long as it lasts. I've almost always had it back in ponytails for years when at work or otherwise, though as of late I've taken to leaving it down whenever I'm NOT in work or tossing it into a bun with a favorite two-prong stick, and even down when I am working. I have one woman in my department besides four other guys, and she has straight hair about the same length as I, if not an inch or two longer.