PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have gotten laughed at while dressed in public?

Jesse69
06-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Today as I was driving home I saw a man with a beard wearing a long skirt over whatever he was wearing. Well, as I watched him walk to "wherever" he got laughed at. Does this happen to all you other crossdressors while wearing something feminine?

Donna Delite
06-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Jesse- Although I've never been out in public don't you think the reason he was laughed at was because of the beard and the wearing of the skirt over something else. That sounds more like a circus act than cd'ing.

Maria2004
06-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Yes I was laughed at once on my first outing, refered too as a weirdo once last month, but that was done softly behind my back, once they passed the 6'-3" brunette (in heels) with the shiney chrome pink claws :)

Holly
06-21-2005, 11:06 PM
A few smiles, yes. Laughter? Well, not while I was within earshot, at least!

nicki
06-22-2005, 02:23 AM
Being out and about,,,of course i have "overheard" the soft giggles and whispers. Mainly from women,, but when your 6.2 in heels and wear size 2 to 4,,it puts them in a sad state,,,makes me stronger and it all balances out !

Wendy me
06-22-2005, 06:15 AM
i am shure it has happened but i never heard it ,......but then again if i was worryed abought what people thought i might never get out of bed in the morning.....

mand
06-22-2005, 07:15 AM
Laughed at ?.........................I'll tell you the biggest culprits, Teenage girls ......they can spot a tranny, at incredible distances, they know you are there without even looking, it's like a built in tranny spoting radar they have.

They have a natural instinct for tranny spotting :rolleyes:

However they mostly just have a little giggle to themselves and I usually give them a little smile and they usually smile back after that, but actually had someone laughing at me ...............not that I've noticed.
I'm sure it will happen one day though :rolleyes:

love mand xxx

CharleneCD
06-22-2005, 11:10 AM
I must agree with Mand about the teenage girls. They turn their heads put hand over mouth and giggle. I have never been laughed at yet. At least to my face.

windycissy
06-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Teenage girls ......they can spot a tranny, at incredible distances

Right you are, Mand. Teenage girls have "tranny radar" on this side of the pond too.

Although my "batting average" in passing as a woman is quite high, nobody goes four-for-four in the All Star Game (apologies to you Brits for the baseball analogy) and I have been pointed out and giggled at occasionally. The one time I "packed for two" on a business trip to London, I was all decked out in a blazer and kilt on Regent Street, feeling pretty until a guy yelled out above the crowd, "It's a f***ing man!" Never look back. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Amelie
06-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Yes,,, I sometimes get laughed at.. I used to get more laughs when I was younger,, then again I don't know if it was because of being dressed in fem or my hair cut like a mohawk.
Amelie

Jenny Beth
06-22-2005, 11:42 AM
I can't say I've been laughed at....giggled at yes, again teenage girls. But I don't find it threatening, more like comical because they are learning real quick that there are all sorts of lifestyles.

AngelAshley
06-22-2005, 12:36 PM
Teenage girls have "tranny radar" on this side of the pond too.
You know, I think this migh have something to do with Pheromones. They're basically chemicals emitted from the body that are subconciously picked up by others - I think there's a few different types but the main one is sexual attraction. So if you're giving off male pheromones, and a female picks them up, she will subconciously know you're a male - no matter how feminine you look.

tifftg
06-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Through years, I have been laughed at a few times, not too bad, just it was obvious. But lots of understanding as well. Most salespeople are professional, not sure what happens after I leave. But I dress for me, not them.

Tiff

Kiliee
06-22-2005, 01:13 PM
I have been laughed at in public mater of fact it was in a gay bar. I was sitting there having a drink and just watching the guys and one came up and asked me if I was a girl, I told him that I was a man and liked to dress like a girl he turned to his friend and started to laugh just because as he put it I looked like a girl and he did not want me in the club. I did get some poetic justice though about teen min. later he and his friend got kicked out of the club for laugh at me. That night I got a room at the motel and enjoyed myself and some other people I got to know at the club and I now go back when money allows.

mariej
06-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Jesse- Although I've never been out in public don't you think the reason he was laughed at was because of the beard and the wearing of the skirt over something else. That sounds more like a circus act than cd'ing.

Sorry donna have to disagree. A very popular member of the Northern Concord club in Manchester UK used to dress fully apart from her beard and pipe.No one regarded her as "a circus act" Each to her own girl each to her own.
L&P
Mariej
xx

Julie York
06-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Whilst dressed in my duck outfit I have been laughed at.

And I just want to be taken seriously.

heathr1
06-22-2005, 05:19 PM
while waiting at the checkout to pay for a lipstick.

I dropped it and she picked it up.

Handed it to me and laughed at me.

Fallen Angel
06-22-2005, 07:55 PM
i9ve had a few comments made, it doesnt bother me it goes with the territory

Karen Goetsch
06-22-2005, 08:24 PM
Mand,
I don't think any one will laugh at you, You are to attractive from what I see from you pictures.
Karen G

Olivia
06-22-2005, 11:47 PM
I had two little girls, age 4-6 i guess, point at me while i was wearing some black, kinda blocky-high heeled sandals, "look, he's wearing girl shoes," Their grandmom kept ushering them on down the aisle. It was me that wound up laughing. later girls, Olivia

samanthajay
06-22-2005, 11:58 PM
not once and i have been in public places though late at night :D

rachel-u-sissy
06-25-2005, 06:17 AM
i was driving dressed as i do alot on a country road,stockings,heels,mini,white blouse,cardigan i passed two girls riding horses,no problem but round the corner ther were road works and a red light i could do nothing as the girls came along beside they had a good look and laughing i pulled away to the shouts of pansy ..sissy

Deidra Cowen
06-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Got laughed at while playing pool last night while clubbing. Hopefully they were laughing at my silly femmy sytle of playing pool rather than my appearance. ;)

I winked at them and smiled. One of the guys winked back at me and I just kept on having fun. We were at a place not know for tgirls and i think our little group got a lot of people's attention. :eek:

Imogen_Mann
06-25-2005, 02:08 PM
I got laughed at in a shop once, not dressed but buying footwear. The sales guy at the desk wanted to know "if they were for me" and I pointed out that, yes !...I was buying for me, because if I had been buying for my cat... I'd have bought two pairs, as she has four furry little fuc*ing feet... and then I asked if it was a private joke between him and the other sales assistant, or if he'd like to call his manager into the conversation too ?... and he shut the hell up and sold me my sandals.

Lesson.... If someone laughs with you, enjoy. If they laugh at you, SLAP them if you can... or yeah, just keep walking.

XX

Jayme.

Jenny Beth
06-25-2005, 03:02 PM
One of the reasons teenage girls have "tranny radar" is that they are very fashion conscious. They tend to inspect each other and older women for flaws and when we come along there's no fooling them. Girls want to be prettier than the next one so they are on the lookout for competition all the time. Now before the GG's jump on my case, these words came from my wife....I'm innocent...please don't shoot me! But it does stand to reason that for most of us who have been laughed at it was by teenage girls.

Maria2004
06-25-2005, 03:13 PM
I got laughed at in a shop once, not dressed but buying footwear. The sales guy at the desk wanted to know "if they were for me" and I pointed out that, yes !...I was buying for me, because if I had been buying for my cat... I'd have bought two pairs, as she has four furry little fuc*ing feet... and then I asked if it was a private joke between him and the other sales assistant, or if he'd like to call his manager into the conversation too ?... and he shut the hell up and sold me my sandals.

Lesson.... If someone laughs with you, enjoy. If they laugh at you, SLAP them if you can... or yeah, just keep walking.

XX

Jayme.

That was "brilliant" Jayme :lol: I'l have to add that one to my "tongue fu" repertoire. :thumbsup:

AnnaMaria
06-26-2005, 09:50 AM
While my wife and I were at Be All this year we had to make a trip to the walmart for some things. It was the first time that I had been out in public dressed other than to make the trop to Chicago for the event and I didn't hear anyone laugh while I was out. I know that I got several looks and I am sure that a few were probably looking hard but I did my best to not notice the looks. I was scared out of my witts the whole time but I got through it and I am actually looking forward to the next time that we get the chance to do something like that again. But after meeting so many lovly girls at Be All and spending so much time with them I realized that it really doesn't matter what other people think as long as you are happy with who you are and how you look.

huggs
anna

KELLYANN
06-26-2005, 11:48 AM
had a makeover. all girled up went to a local night club, had a great night with many [sisters] back to my room and decided to go for breakfast at dennys across the street. waitress took my order, and while waiting a couple across from me could here HIM say thats a guy his wife or girlfriend told him too shut up and dont say anything. thought i was passable but not on that night :)

Like2BAspen
06-26-2005, 12:02 PM
I just bought a corset and matching outfit and walked to my car all curvy it was getting dark I was going out and some guys kept walking by my car. The doors were locked. I was talking on the phone. I had them going Those looks were not laughs. They may have been wondering how much I charged though. LOL

KELLYANN
06-26-2005, 12:09 PM
exceelant jayme made my day go girl does kitty look good in pumps?

emmicd
06-27-2005, 12:38 AM
I have to echo the same sentiment. Before I was married I tried to go out dressed up en femme a couple of times when I was free of family responsibilities and a bit more daring.

I walked around the mall in a pretty dress and wore the full femme ensemble, wig, shoes, makeup and jacket. For a good part of my outing things seemed cool. I even had an elderly man hold the door open for me. I was riding high. But then I really tried to be daring.

I went shopping in a Mandees to see what cute dresses and jeans I could buy. I was very naive because I didn't realize how easy teenage girls could detect a cd/tg. I was spotted and the girls giggled as they said checkout that guy wannabe girl over by the dresses.

I was composed and smiled. They smiled back and said nice dress!

So it wasn't too terrible.

However I didn't by a dress that day nor did I go out en femme after that experience.

Now when I buy dresses it's always in male mode.

Emmi

Jodeeuk
06-27-2005, 12:52 AM
I probably have been laughed at, believe it probably happends to all of us, but often enough becouse when I did dress femme I made such a effort mostly I got compliments, I got asked why by a few people, as Im such a large person, I dont think I fooled anyone ever, i was followed in my car by a known, guy that never would go inside the gaybar, but would propose to people outside,me included, he wouldnt take no for a answer he followed me in his car as I was driving home I stopped at a traffic light I walked backed to his car and smiled, he rolled down his window when I smilled at him, and as he did I punched him clean in the face, I didnt want a guy like that knowing where I lived.

Sara Kat
06-27-2005, 01:13 AM
If I could go out and look like my avatar I don't think I'd have any trouble. ;)

8fingers
08-29-2005, 07:45 PM
I've definitely gotton numerous giggles from teenage girls While walking through the mall. They usually go out of their way to pass me again for a second look.

A couple weeks ago I was walking through the mall wearing black thigh highs, garter belt, pink thong and pink bra under a tight purple t-shirt and short black skirt when I hear some laughter behind me. Some teen girl comes right up to me, squeezes my breastform and asks if they were real. I said no. I'm pretty sure they got some pics from their camera phones.

Sweet Susan
08-29-2005, 08:26 PM
I once dressed up in a very sexy, low cut black dress, high heels, black nylons and went to the store to pick up some photos I had taken of myself. While thumbing through the photo packages looking for mine, a guy kept saying, "miss, miss, oh, miss" At first I didn't know he was talking to me, so he kept saying, "miss, miss, oh, miss." I heard him, looked out the corner of my eye and saw two construction types standing and staring. I turned and looked right at them and in my best Froggy voice (you remember Froggy from Lil' Rascals), I said, "Whatcha need, pal?" Their mouths dropped wide open and I walked very nervously to the register. When I looked back at them they were hardly able to stand up they were laughing so hard.

cindybarnes
08-29-2005, 09:02 PM
It was a group laugh I guess, maybe 6 of us girls in the elevator during SCC here a couple years ago when a 20ish girl and boyfriend/hubby got on.
The guy was quiet and smiled, but when the girl started to giggle someone started joking with her about how we dont bite or something and she was in tears laughing. Not a mean laugh tho and Im sure everyone there had a pretty big smile going by then too :)

Other than that I havnt heard any lauging while out but thats probly because when I do go its to TG friendly clubs or resturaunts and you have to dressed realy silly to get laughed at *S*

Cindy

Mary M
08-29-2005, 09:18 PM
You know, I think this migh have something to do with Pheromones. They're basically chemicals emitted from the body that are subconciously picked up by others - I think there's a few different types but the main one is sexual attraction. So if you're giving off male pheromones, and a female picks them up, she will subconciously know you're a male - no matter how feminine you look.
is there perfume that can counteract that?

ooxx

Laurie Ann
08-29-2005, 09:53 PM
I agree with Wendy Me I am sure people have laughed at me behind my ample backside. I have not noticed nor have I cared at 6'1" and 215 without heels which I always wear I am hard to blend in.

Rachel Morley
08-29-2005, 11:51 PM
At the moment, I haven't had any problems. I do try to blend in as much as possible regarding my look and movements. Certainly, to my face, no one seems to suspect anything. However, what happens when I've left the immediate area....who knows??

Sally2005
08-30-2005, 12:05 AM
This got me thinking about the few times around halloween when I went out.
Biker chick - fake tatoos, large ballons for breasts, lots of makeup, large party - got many complements, almost no one recognized me and all the girls wanted to talk to me.
Blond babe - wore black mini dress, blond wig. Walking through the parking lot to party, got wolf whistles and laughing (like, holy cow can't believe those guys did it). While at the party walking up stars someone behind said, something like check her out and their friend said I think shes a guy because of the large shoulders (sigh), but there was some discussion after about are you sure? Later at the party some guys in lumber jack costumes asked to take pictures so they could say thet had dates. That was funny.
Just a sun dress - went out on the town. Turns out my friends didn't all dress up. While waiting to go in a bar, two tourists in front of us started talking to me. I answered in a male voice but we kept talking, then maybe 5 minutes later, one guy said are you a guy? We all had a good laugh. Inside the bar one of the servers told me my dress was out of style by about 10 years (not sure where that came from)...my gf was upset a that since it was her dress I was wearing. :-(
Miss Piggy - I think I passed because I got odd looks and laughter when I used the urinals in the boys room.
so... laughed at, not really, laughed with yes and it doesn't all really count for a real passing test since people expect it and are probably more tolerant on halloween.

Toni
08-30-2005, 01:39 AM
Hi Girls,

If you want to be laughed at then just go out dressed like a big daft tart and you'll soon turn heads. If you don't want to be laughed at then DRESS YOUR AGE - it couldn't be simpler. Personaly I haven't been laughed at but I have been wolf whistled at and I loved it!

Tristen Cox
08-30-2005, 10:52 AM
How many of you have gotten laughed at while dressed in public?

I've gotten laughed at for being undressed in public. But that's a long story and I was pretty drunk at the time :rolleyes:

Rachel_740
08-30-2005, 12:43 PM
I've been laughed at 3 maybe 4 times in the 18 months or so I've been going out dressed but the last time was a while ago now and I'm being called 'love' or 'dear' a lot more often, which tells me my looks are improving (can you imagine a guy calling another guy 'love' or 'dear' - only if they're gay).

Having said that, I still think I've got quite a long way to go.

Anne

Maude
08-30-2005, 01:36 PM
I laugh at myself !

m

Katie Ashe
08-30-2005, 01:44 PM
My first time out: head shaking, few smiles, a little pointing. But keep in mind I shaved before and had no foundation on. Over all it was a good time. No one bothered me.

Rachael Warren
08-30-2005, 02:11 PM
I got laughed at last week, I was walking to a bridge to cross a river and a bloke on the other side of the road pointed at me and started shouting and laughing with his mates.

It confused the hell out of me, I was dressed in my ordinary drab! I concluded it must be my earrings, because I couldn't see any other signs. I just shouted back Yea Yea, and walked on.

There wasn't any body else near me or anything else in the direction he was pointing. Weird.

If Teenage girls have tranny radar, do drunken thugs have reverse tranny radar? :rolleyes:

Rachael. :)

Barbguy
08-30-2005, 03:47 PM
the one time i was laughed at i was walking threw a walmart store and everyone kept laughing i thought how can everyone tell i'm a guy and then finaly 1 lady told me miss you skirt is stuck in the back of you hose.wow and thew was a couple times i did hear giggles teen age girls they can tell some how. and there has been times with the wife my shorts were down enough to see i was wearing panties or can see bra thew the shirt who cares i dress for me not them i give them reson to laugh not bich :) as long as there laughing i know there injoying there self never had any trouble and i've been out a lot dressed fem good luck

TVStevie
08-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Teenage girls ......they can spot a tranny, at incredible distances, they know you are there without even looking, it's like a built in tranny spoting radar they have.

They have a natural instinct for tranny spotting :rolleyes:

Wasn't Ewan McGregor in that movie? ;)
I've not been out fully dressed, but I do remember someone noticing my underwear - I had a tight pair of (male) jeans on and, presumably I had a VPL because I can still hear a guy walking behind me saying (at the top of his voice) "That bloke's got women's knickers on!", as if I was fellating a goat or some other similarly heinous act. I was quite young at the time and wanted the ground to swallow me up, to be honest, but my wife just said "Ignore him, just keep on walking". I did and, lo and behold, I survived the experience. It did put me off of the idea of going out dressed up in the future though, so I tend to wear french knickers/tap pants as these can quite easily pass as boxers under my jeans.
I don't have the guts to go out fully en femme and I certainly wouldn't pass even if I did, so I just don't go there. Hat's off to those of you that do - maybe I'll give it a go one day, but I'm just not there yet.

womanatheart
08-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Well??? it is all part of the territory! Many of us will not pass, inspite of our best efforts. We have noses, eyebrows, foreheads, shoulders, arms, hands, mannerisms, chins of men.. not of women - dramatically different.
To answer the question -yes, I have been laughed at. Even today - sort of. I was coming down the escallator of a mall and a group of cosmetic people was re-entering the mall after their lunch break and as I passed the group of 6, one, turned and looked at me, with the others looking too. Obviously, taking note of me!
No quite laughed but noticed.
But, after that earlier event today and meeting more people helping me me on my look, I take those 6 instride. I am a realist enough to know that inspite of my 100% effort and desire, many will "read me", but there is another group, who reads me and will 'accept me'. So, I am not discouraged my 'reading' today inspite of my best efforts.
This CD thing is part of me. I certainly would not want to offend anyone, but I want to be accepted as much as I can. I will continue later tonight.
Hope this helps.
Love.
Stephanie

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-30-2005, 06:35 PM
Have I gotten laughed at? Not to my directly to my face, but I'm sure it's happened.

Awhile back, I was outside a restaurant with a group of girls and nearby in the parking lot were some giggly teenage GGs, who undoubtedly were giggling at us. We just smiled at them.

As Stephanie said, it comes with the territory. Mostly when I'm read it's more like the stare held too long, or some abrupt whispering. But I act like I deserve respect, and so far I've gotten it.

As for your guy with a beard in a dress, overt gender-bending like that is going to draw a lot more attention. Either he's enjoying it, or really oblivious or just doesn't care.

TV_Allie
08-30-2005, 07:00 PM
My second time out, (I've only been out twice), I got a little over confident, and got read big time by a car full of teenage males, as I stood at a crosswalk waiting to cross. One guy yells out as they pass, "f***ing fag". :eek:
Got my heart going......
Other than that just the normal stares..
I did get a couple of nice little coy smiles from an elderly lady at a mall and a young women salewomen at a bed and bath store.
I believe it's part of the territory......

Mistress Frillee
08-30-2005, 07:51 PM
A passing motorist yelled at me once " you look like a girl you faggot!" once when I was out jogging. I had on womens short shorts, shaved legs, ankle socks & my hair in a ponytail........... I guess I looked like a girl from the back

Billijo49504
08-30-2005, 08:19 PM
A beard and a skirt, what ever floats your boat. I was in guy mode, and went to ajust my bra strap, with out thinking, the lady behind me in line at the grocery store, just giggled.

Sweet Jeanette
08-30-2005, 08:47 PM
I, ----Have done things, --You would not believe!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

8fingers
08-30-2005, 08:56 PM
I, ----Have done things, --You would not believe!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lets hear it! :thumbsup:

Rachel Morley
08-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Yes, I know....I've already posted in this thread but.......

I'm being called 'love' or 'dear' a lot more often, which tells me my looks are improving.
Well, not "love" but twice when I've been out en femme I have been called "honey".

One guy yells out as they pass, "f***ing fag". Got my heart going......
One time I was driving and I got what appeared to be a very annoyed guy in a truck say "f***king faggot" to me. I have no idea what upset him. I wasn't even en femme, but I was in feminized male mode. Although I didn't think I was wearing anything particularly girly :confused:

Rachel Ann
08-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Today as I was driving home I saw a man with a beard wearing a long skirt over whatever he was wearing. Well, as I watched him walk to "wherever" he got laughed at. Does this happen to all you other crossdressors while wearing something feminine?
Well, a beard IS pushing it! I haven't been laughed at (that I know of), although I've gotten the hairy eyeball, among other funny looks. Good thing I'm immune to that! :)

Ibuki_Warpetal
08-30-2005, 10:08 PM
I've never been out in drag but I've been laughed at by people wearing what I thought was normal at the time.

People can't control what they think is funny looking. (:

Sweet Jeanette
08-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Lets hear it! :thumbsup:

It's all in my posts. ------Way back.

Tristen Cox
08-31-2005, 02:27 AM
Ahh yes such progress this world has made when idiot @$$holes still can't think outside the box and at least call you something original. *sigh* Sorry about that. They'll get what's coming to them, prolly pulled for a DUI later on after they saw you :rolleyes: Don't let them get to you. Not worth your time over their wimpofied insults. ;)

parris james
08-31-2005, 02:38 AM
I have lived my life without fear soooooo... If anyone ever tried to hurt me I would take care of bussiness, On the otherhand if someone called me a F****y or what ever I would ask them if they wanted a B**w J*b :eek: Its my nature to be fearless. I also understand those who feel intimidated. Come to Florida and dress with me, no one has the guts to mess here :D

Deborah
08-31-2005, 02:40 AM
I have lived my life without fear soooooo... If anyone ever tried to hurt me I would take care of bussiness, On the otherhand if someone called me a F****y or what ever I would ask them if they wanted a B**w J*b :eek: Its my nature to be fearless. I also understand those who feel intimidated. Come to Florida and dress with me, no one has the guts to mess here :D

Seeing that your a cop i'd gladly hang out with you lol. No fear.:D

Just make sure you bring your gun and a radio for backup lol.

FionaAlexis
08-31-2005, 03:07 AM
No, I have never been laughed at.

Yes, teenage girls and young women are more perceptive - but I think they tend to focus on others their own age. I've had no problems with teen girls.

Fiona xx

CJFMix
09-01-2005, 01:05 AM
I think I have a different story , then the preceding ones !!!

I hope , that nobody will get mad , because , in life ,
we've got to work with the tools we have .

Me , it's my built !!!
I have large shoulders , large arms , on a large trunk ,
on top of a thin ass and thin legs .

I could never pass for a woman . Not even a female body builder .

But , at the age of 17 , I could'nt fight the impulse of showing off
outdoors , wearing pantyhoses & skirts . (thirty years ago)

Then , my outings became more and more frequent ,
to the point to be fulltime CD from 27 to 31 years old .

Been to restaurants , movies , bars , concerts ,
took the bus out of town , 1/2 hour drive to visit a girlfriend ,
where she lived for a year . Just , anywhere I wanted !!!

Because , I wear casual clothes , with such an ease ,
maybe , was I laughed at !!!
So what !!! I didn't care !!!

The most agressive reaction : once (at 19 years old)
A tourist walking behind me shouted :
HEY !!! Can't you wear pants ???

But sometimes , I've got compliments !!! Mostly , from women !!!

Overall , the main factor why I never had any trouble
with going public while crossdressing , is ,
the city where I live is very tolerent towards minorities .

I'm asking , to all crossdressers of the world :
not to be shy to go out , in public .
It's time to get visible .

megan163
09-01-2005, 01:12 AM
I've been out alot more recently and have actually not encountered the teens or anyone else ridicule. I used to be so paranoid and try to dart behind posts in the store when someone was appraoching. Now, I walk confidently and don't feel so self conscious. And I've walked right close by women, teens and guys of all ages with no problem. I've worked some on my makeup and dressed conservatively but I think it's actually more due to the way I carry myself.

Vallari
09-01-2005, 04:20 AM
ON my first real outing to an Olive Garden restaraunt I got laughed at. I could see out of the corner of my eye the staff giggling and pointing amongst themselves. Suprise suprise - they were college kids around my age .:rolleyes:
On the way out though an older female employee said "Have a good night ladies" and I thought that was cool.

On another outing at a Westgate Lanes my GF told me she overheard someone say "looks like I've found a fag to kill". So we left soon after that and I went home and changed and came back. I didn't get screwed over completely that time though, on my way out I pulled out one of my water baloon boobs and lobbed it at the front doors of the building, and when I returned back in guy mode I was a loud annoying a$$hole to everybody there except my GF of course! ;) :D And she got a kick out of it!

One thing I did notice from my expierences out and about, older women tend to be more tolerant and accepting of crossdressing. I try to avoid people my own age because I know it's generally a waste of time that leads to feeling discomfort, unless of course it's in a TG friendly area.

Lisa Golightly
09-01-2005, 04:52 AM
Not that I know of, but then I never really notice what's going on around me. Besides who'd laugh at a 6' 1" Xenaesque type in 5" heels and eyes of the Devil? Besides which the boobs confuse them... Is she a he or is he a she? :)

mchelle
09-01-2005, 09:03 PM
one of my early shopping times in Fredericks, i had used a note saying i was told by a mistress to wear panties and shop, the salesgirl was laughing outside the dressing room when she brought me something. but i didnt mind as i liked the humiliation thing.
most times shopping the salepeople were very helpful when i said i was shopping for me. and i dont wear fem clothes other than bra n panties when i shop as i couldnt pass

sue_donim
09-02-2005, 09:07 AM
No doubt I've been laughed at behind my back and I agree with others teenagers are the worst.

I know I don't pass(well maybe from a distance) but I don't really care. I am just being me. I regularly used to get looks in supermarkets especially at the till when I give them a credit card that says Mr. and I've heard the assistants when they thought I was out of earshot saying he paid with a male card, but so what.

Like mand has already said we used to have a member of the northern concord who had a beard and smoked a pipe. I havn't seen them since the NC moved from the rembrand't though.

I was once in a store and I overheard a GG saying to their partner "see she's not bothered" obviously her partner was also a CD but still in the closet.

Hugs
Sue_donim :)

Rachel Ann
09-06-2005, 01:26 AM
Sticks and Stones

MichelleGray502
09-06-2005, 10:46 AM
yes i would to have to say i have been laugh at as well over 'th years but never to 'me face. there is one time when i was in a longe 'bout 19-20 year ago in Victoria B.C. canada i was having a few drinks with a few other cder's that i knew at 'th time and there were 'bout 3 guys sitting at a table right across from us and all of a sudden we heard them saying those girls sitting right across from us were guys dressed up as girls. 'Th funny thing 'bout all this is that one of 'me mates got up and went over to them and said right them to you guys want to have a good with us good looking girls and i am telling you kid you not they all got up and just took off like a bat out of hell like i had never seen before. me mate did it just to see what would happen we had no attention on doing anything with them at all, but before she got up to go and talk to them she said these a**holes were going to give us a hard time more than likly so she took care of 'th problem before any worst could have happen you could say.

Anyhow 'th fun thing we ended up getting 'th last laugh after all in 'th end. and yes i would also have to argree that teenage girls are 'th worst as well.

JocelynG
09-06-2005, 11:38 AM
i have never been laughed at while dressed. Of course I wasn't wearing a beard during my outings. If I did get laughed at it would honestly probably hinder me from going out again anytime soon but not stop me completely. I'm sure I would get over it and go out again even prouder of who I am. I haven't been anywhere extremely public besides the local city park which isn't exactly full of people so I haven't been given the opportunity yet ;)

Donna
09-06-2005, 12:00 PM
I haven't been out yet and won't be for at least a year because I've just started! I don't care if I get laughed at - I even laugh at myself!