PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite way of dressing?

Elisa
03-05-2009, 07:51 AM
As the title says, I want to know more about what people look for when they dress, and by that I mean what do you look for in the end result.

Personally I aim for cute and cuddly, or a more everyday look, as that is what makes me feel more feminine, rather than sexy.

My favourite "sets" at the moment is a knee length dress with half length arms, combined with black tights (I find that these hide my manly feet very well, and saves me from shaving my legs to achieve the "look")
Or a pair of jeans with a long top.

Amanda.D
03-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Hi Elisa,
At present, I am into 'smart casual'. This is more age approapriate and will allow me to 'blend in' better when I get to go out shopping. I also find that skirts and tops are easier to fit than dresses.
Hugs,
Mandy

Amy Hepker
03-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Dressing my age is very important to fit in and be accepted. I am about 35 in my Female persona, but my body is 53, they clash at times.

Wendrme
03-05-2009, 08:22 AM
I like to dress for lunch at the country club with my dear friends. Perfect make up, white three inch pumps, the perfect yellow sundress with white polka dots, a Doris Day chin lengh bob, pearl necklace and earrings, undies no one can see but they know they cost a fortune, a little white pill box hat and white cotton gloves over my scarlet nails, a nantucket basket purse with little flowers on the lid. Picture me siting on the veranda at the club with my three GG friends, taking my lipstick out of my purse and refreshing my lips as they watch with interest and approval.
I go for class, nothing outlandish, just womanly.

Elisa
03-05-2009, 08:32 AM
I like to dress for lunch at the country club with my dear friends. Perfect make up, white three inch pumps, the perfect yellow sundress with white polka dots, a Doris Day chin lengh bob, pearl necklace and earrings, undies no one can see but they know they cost a fortune, a little white pill box hat and white cotton gloves over my scarlet nails, a nantucket basket purse with little flowers on the lid. Picture me siting on the veranda at the club with my three GG friends, taking my lipstick out of my purse and refreshing my lips as they watch with interest and approval.
I go for class, nothing outlandish, just womanly.

Even though that's not my style, you make me wish I had the skill, knowledge and patience to have that much attention to detail. :)

Marjory
03-05-2009, 08:40 AM
As the title says, I want to know more about what people look for when they dress, and by that I mean what do you look for in the end result.

Personally I aim for cute and cuddly, or a more everyday look, as that is what makes me feel more feminine, rather than sexy.

My favourite "sets" at the moment is a knee length dress with half length arms, combined with black tights (I find that these hide my manly feet very well, and saves me from shaving my legs to achieve the "look")
Or a pair of jeans with a long top.
I like the black tights and coupled with a pair of plain black flats very^2 few people notice what you have on your feet. The preference is black suede with opaque tights under jeans.

TGMarla
03-05-2009, 08:43 AM
I look to present myself as an elegantly dressed woman. I look for dresses that gather at the waist, have long sleeves (guy arms!), aren't too low cut (not good at cleavage!), and portray style, grace, and taste. I like my heels to be 3 to 4 inches. I prefer my hemline to be either just above or just below the knees. I enjoy having nice nails, long hair, and meticulous makeup. I like earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and often an ankle bracelet for that extra feminine accent.

Geez, now you made me want to go and dress up! :battingeyelashes:

tamarav
03-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Since I dress everyday, I dress for the occasion. Typically, for work I dress as any other hair stylist would dress, only cleaner and neater... (only a hair stylist can say that about other stylists..) Honestly, some of the stylists I work with dress more like boys.

If I am going dancing, I wear what other girls would be wearing, but with taller heels.

these are typical looks for me... any more questions?

JoAnne Wheeler
03-05-2009, 09:07 AM
I like to dress the most in clothes that are dressy enough to go out or to

go to work - I try to make every article of clothing compliment the rest -

including shoes, hair style, make-up and jewelry

JoAnne Wheeler

MsJanessa
03-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Guess

Chari
03-05-2009, 09:32 AM
My age appropriate attire always depends on the event or occasion, but always presented as an elegant classic woman! I do have those "party moments" and dress abit more "showy and with more makeup" for it's all for a fun time out! Mostly I enjoy wearing fitted outfits with all the lingerie, jewelry, makeup, and hairstyles that allow me to "blend in"!

Jess_cd32
03-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Guess

I'll second the "guess"

Elisa
03-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Geez, now you made me want to go and dress up! :battingeyelashes:

I want to too.. But sadly I'm 4 weeks away from those pleasures still.. :)

I don't go out dressed at the moment, but I don't mind going shopping for womens clothes, so when I get home, I'm gonna add even more items to my wardrobe, and in case I'd need an excuse to go shopping, I have been away from my clothes for 5 weeks by then, so if nothing else, I can just pretend I feel sorry for myself. :P

kym
03-05-2009, 10:05 AM
i go for an understated sexy look with knee length skirts and dresses and simple tops that can be either done up sexy or just your average everyday housewife depending on what size chest i want. Always wearing hose and either flats or 3 inch heels with a 70's style wig at the moment and natural looking makeup unless its night then i vamp the face up a little.

nikki47
03-05-2009, 10:07 AM
With me only dressing at home,i love to dress in tight skirts and blouses,sexy lingerie and my 5inch heels,i also love my makeup and usually thats very glamorous.

Nikki

Karren H
03-05-2009, 10:26 AM
I try for a classy style.... Doesn't always come off that way... Ohh welll....

beenherelongtime
03-05-2009, 10:37 AM
when i was young, i naturally tought sexy was the way to go, as i matured so did my "out look", i tried to emulate every classy woman i saw, by that i mean if there was a woman at work that i thought dressed very nice, i would look for clothes that fit her style. i never had the chance to dress "up" (gowns etc.) but i would have loved to do so.

docrobbysherry
03-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Sublime, sexy, silly, sensual, ridiculous, childish, mature, youthful, stylish, tasteful, tasteless, comical, casual, classical, fabulous, sensational, and subdued!:brolleyes:

But, I'm TRYING to expand my looks, really!:straightface:

Tracii G
03-05-2009, 11:37 AM
I go most often for the casual everyday look tight jeans and nice tops.
Sometimes I go the more office /semi dressy look.

Sasha Anne Meadows
03-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Since I dress dawn to dusk at home I favor practil clothes like jean skirts and nice comfortable tops.

Kate Lynn
03-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Womens skinny jeans,low rise flair or bootcut jeans,flats or heels,with a drab looking womans top,my wife calls it camoflauge.

Kate Lynn
03-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Since I dress everyday, I dress for the occasion. Typically, for work I dress as any other hair stylist would dress, only cleaner and neater... (only a hair stylist can say that about other stylists..) Honestly, some of the stylists I work with dress more like boys.

If I am going dancing, I wear what other girls would be wearing, but with taller heels.

these are typical looks for me... any more questions?

You always look so nice.

Joanne f
03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
I do not try to look or dress any way i am a free spirit an individual i just dress how i feel at the time ,

xAnne_Mariex
03-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I tend to dress in a comfortable but quite young/trendy style, i'd say I dress in a way most 23 year old girls would dress.

Jennifer Marie P.
03-05-2009, 02:11 PM
I dress as a elegant and classy woman. Dresses and skirts from knee down nice earrings, bracelets,necklace and sometimes an ankle braclet for that special femmine touch.

Malori Cross
03-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Just sweaters/tunics and jeans for me, and recently, panties.

I'm not trying to pass. I just like feeling feminine and let the world wonder. I have seen people do double-takes and it's evident they can't tell which gender I am, which is fine by me.

I've still got a full head of hair, which I have cut "unisex." I shave just about everything (with women's formula shaving cream). I don't have any real strong urge to do a full femme look, as many of you do (so well!). My CD'ing's pretty tame & it suits me.

Lorileah
03-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Looks like I am the only one who dresses like the girl your mama warned you about. I want the attention :)

Tommie T.
03-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm mature but not old.Prefer skirt and sweater or blouse.On special occasions a dress.Love low cut tops to show off my breasts which are small but perky.Always try to look well put together even if a little younger than my actual age.I admire well dressed women and that is my goal.

bikiniguy
03-05-2009, 07:07 PM
I like to dress for the beach in bikinis. It makes me feel feminine and sexy.

BLUE ORCHID
03-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Depending on my mood like it was said above if I see a well dressed lady
I will try to match her look and style with my overflowing closet
shoe rack and wigs stands.
I am spending my way to the poor house I will be the
best dressed bag lady there. LOL
.................................................. ...........ORCHID

beckyturner
03-05-2009, 07:35 PM
i like short skirts basque stockings and suspenders, with 4" heels

linnea
03-05-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm looking for a comfortable style in everything that I wear. I don't want to be flashy or dull. I want to be attractive but definitely not ****ty. My general desire is to be pretty.

NicoleScott
03-05-2009, 09:00 PM
I like my makeup overdone, with long thick eyelashes, heavy black eyeliner, and deep red lips and nails to match. I like straight hair with bangs, glittery jewelry, and very high heels. I like my makeup to be as perfectly applied as possible, and every hair in place. Much, but not all, of my dressing is home alone. I've been to a favorite tg-friendly club and dress the same way. It's my femme identity. I really don't feel as pretty any other way. No matter what others think of it, I like it.

sherib
03-05-2009, 09:09 PM
My favorite way of dressing is to be very feminine. Will dressed, short skirt or dress, not to short. Or a nice business suit or pants suit. The colors would be black pants or skirt with a red, pink or white top. But always showing off a nice figure or nice legs sitting on top of 4" heels. Unfortunately I am at the age where my dress must more low key.

Ronni Seymour
03-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Most of the time, an everyday shopping look, for that is the time and occasion I usually get a chance to dress.

Tora
03-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Classy DRESSES, maybe a skirt & top. Pants, I can wear anytime. With Berkshire matte-opaque-pantyhose, I can cover the man legs. Short heels or flats. Six foot before shoes. 58 trying to look 45 to 48.

Kathi Lake
03-05-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't go for the "too sexy" look or anything "fetishy." I like the classics. I love Talbots for their clean and unassuming lines and colors. Usually, I dress age-appropriate, so as not to draw any second glances. Blending is good, eh?

Lately (over the last week, in fact), I have bought some more "trendy" clothes. The store owner has a body like mine - tall and lean - and said that I could pull off some more interesting looks, and to get out of my shell. Earlier this week, I bought a top and sweater. Today I bought a pair of skinny jeans and an incredible top. I even wore them out of the store.

So, I guess my "look" is now my "looks." Flexibility is good.

Kathi

Sakura Rini
03-05-2009, 11:03 PM
i try to listen to the little girl inside of me and dress cute, young, childish and sweet.

Yvonne York
03-06-2009, 03:20 AM
For me, got to be sexy, and even tarty. Love my red bras, sexy knickers, silky chemise, suspenders and stockings. And my girlfriend loves me in them :)

Mistybtm
03-06-2009, 03:27 AM
I dress sexy for the most part but at times i go for the ****y look realy all depends on my mood.:D

crazybiker
03-06-2009, 04:32 AM
Well i guess i could say i'm very into the preppy kinda hot look. So far i only have a short black skirt that was given to me by my roomie, and thne a button up top from American Eagle. I dont really know any other way to put it than that.

crazybiker
03-06-2009, 04:33 AM
I'm 19, turning 20... so its easy to pull this stuff off for my age.. he he he!

sometimes_miss
03-06-2009, 08:13 AM
I'm stuck in female adolescence; I wear cheerleader uniforms, 'junior' department style dresses and skirts (some preppy plaids and sweater sets), and teen age style party outfits. My wigs are all longer straight style hair. I have absolutely no desire to wear 'age appropriate' clothing, and have no desire at all to look like an older middle aged woman, much less like and older middle aged man dressed like an older middle aged woman.

kellycan27
03-06-2009, 12:12 PM
I dress every day. For work I am required to dress in a consevative fashion. Knee length skirt,blouse,hose,heels,dress, business suit.At home I like my jeans, a tank top or sweater, shorts. going out... dress for the occassion.

Cary
03-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Eventhough I only dress in the house, my goal is to dress just like a GG around my age(35). I love the colder months, because I can wear nice sweaters and jeans with boots. It started as a fetish, now it's evolving into being like a GG. I have so many clothes now, I think I'm going to venture out soon. If I shave my facial hair, I might just pull it off on a night trip.

Joanne Curl
03-06-2009, 05:05 PM
I like to dress age appropriate. I also like to be neat and well turned out. Even if it's a trip to the grocery store, I don't want to stand out but I do want to look well put together.

Senban
03-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Well I have a wide wardrobe and I can put an outfit together for most circumstances and occasions. Here's some pictures of the kind of thing I generally wear though (I actually have the items in these photos).

Tal'Aura
03-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Jolan Tru,

I prefer everything that is simple, black (or dark at least), and tight. I am a minimalist, so I truly hate lace or any other unnecessary ornaments.

Alessandra
03-06-2009, 05:44 PM
I prefer to wear summery dresses most of the time that have some cleavage and are above the knees but in the winter i like to wear tights and a winter dress or skirt. i dont wear make up very often since i dont know how to apply it and take it off without a trace left.

dilane
03-06-2009, 06:14 PM
I like to dress up, and like to project an upper-middle class vibe.

When out and about (not formal dinner or dancing), I usually wear a skirt and some kind of knit top.

Skirt is knee length plus or minus an inch. Too short = too young for me, and not as flattering, imo. Too long, looks less attractive, why would I want to cover up my legs??

Knit tops hug the body, are curvy, and feel snug. I don't own any button down blouses.

I usually wear some kind of heel, from 2 to 3 1/2". Stilletto heels are harder to walk and dance in. I'm 5'8", so that doesn't make me all that tall.

For formal occasions (dinner date or dancing), I'll wear a dress. One of my favorites is a Ralph Lauren silk print I got for 75% off. Or I'll wear a fancier skirt (with lace or silk), and a lacy or sparkly top. Guys like black lace or sparkly tops -- it seems I get asked to dance more when I wear those items.

Black hose if I'm wearing black or black background, otherwise nude.

My sweaters are unusual and feminine designs. It doesn't get cold enough here in LA to invest in a coat.

I always line my eyes. For daytime, a bit of shadow and earth tone lipgloss. For nighttime, dramatic shadow and red lips.

-- Diane

Jess_cd32
03-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Looks like I am the only one who dresses like the girl your mama warned you about. I want the attention :)

"I'm the girl your mother warned you about", I had that as my signature for a few days here once:heehee:

Karen564
03-06-2009, 07:52 PM
These days, I very content in my comfy jeans, a nice sweater top and my boots, (High heeled boots of course), some jewery, painted nails, some lipstick, a spash of heavenly perfume, and of course my VS undergarments, which I cant go a day without those..
But it's not what I wear that makes me feel womanly anymore, I guess I dont need the clothes anymore, although I would never give them up, but I have reached a new peak in how I feel inside, and I love it. :daydreaming:

But when I DO get all dressed up, I perfer to go like this as an example.. because hey,,,, I'm not dead yet!! LOL, http://www.secretsinlace.com/images/uploads/208_793_thumb.jpg
And I'm ordering these stockings ASAP once I get some cash in my purse, so watch out world,Purrrrrrr ..

Karen

erin8042
03-06-2009, 08:42 PM
I love that girl next door sexy look. a Cute jean skirt and tanktop. Of course i don't look good in it though. Right now, I don't go out, so I go with what I want to look like in my head.

Tasha McIntyre
03-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Fave outfit is my denim mini and a casual black top, but also love my little black dress :daydreaming:

Billijo49504
03-06-2009, 11:52 PM
At age 62, I just hope to look like I'm not dead!!:tongueout Actually I like a nice skirt and top, nothing risque, but tastful. Or jeans and a nice sweater, depending on the tempature....BJ:drink:

Elisa
03-07-2009, 08:26 AM
I'm getting some nice ideas for when I get home now.. :) I can't wait.. Only 3 weeks and 4 days to go.. And I'm not even allowed to count yet. :P

deja true
03-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Umm...Hot suburban mom who takes care of herself...:D

Two kids in college, daughter in massage therapist school.

So maybe I dress a little younger than my age, but my son's roomies think I'm cute (but not the gay one, he thinks I'm a bitch!)...:)

Watch the 'Kardashians' and 'Wives of the OC' for style tips!

And read In Style and Mirabella, too (but just for the articles, you understand...LOL!)

Teri Jean
03-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Personally I like skirts and dresses but have bought a fem jeans and tops for this upcoming summer. Now I need to get some shorts. Sexy can be conservative and yet have a desirable end result. Also being 60 has some influence. Keli