PDA

View Full Version : Degree of Cross dressing scale

emmicd
06-22-2005, 12:26 AM
Just curious about the degree of cross dressing for other male to female cross dressers.

On a scale of 1 to 5 How do you rate your degree of cross dressing?

(1) Seldom, basically only on Halloween.

(2) Like to wear panties and maybe stockings underneath my male clothing only occasionally.

(3) Secretly underneath my male clothing and at home like to dress up fully, makeup, dresses, panties, etc. when no one is around. Still in the closet. Do it when I can but difficult due to circumstances.

(4) Need to dress up as often as possible. Have confided with family and do dress up in front of people I trust. However not yet ready to venture outside.

(5) Out and about. Have no reservations. I am loving being en femme both home and in public venues. Proud to be me. I am respectful of family and friends and seek respect as well.

I am # 3 on the scale.

After replying also write what cross dressing means to you and what types of clothes do you like to wear.

Thank you.

Emmi

Rachel Ann
06-22-2005, 01:15 AM
I guess I'm about a 3 as well. There is also the dicey business of whether, as a CD, you are also TG or not. Although I suspect that anyone 3-5 probably is.

What it means to me is helping my girl to be equal to my boy in my consciousness, heart and soul. We love and need each other, like brother and sister.

I'm still building my wardrobe catch as can. I try to dress age-appropriately.

Good thread. :) I wonder if others have fractional levels to report.

Stormgirl
06-22-2005, 01:20 AM
I was a 3 but now I am a 1

Rachel Ann
06-22-2005, 01:21 AM
I was a 3 but now I am a 1
awwwww :( I hope things get better for you, hon.

nicki
06-22-2005, 02:17 AM
sign me up as a 5

kimgkim
06-22-2005, 02:32 AM
I am a 3 and desire to be a 5 (working on that)
For me crossdressing satisfies a need however I am not sure where that need comes from.
Trying to dress my age now days prefer dresses that fo to just above the knee.

Sharon
06-22-2005, 02:55 AM
4.5?
I venture out fairly regularly, but I avoid anyplace with crowds. I also dress at every opportunity, however, I never dress in front of family, although several of them know about me.

Trish
06-22-2005, 05:48 AM
I'm a #4, but I only dress in front of my wife. By the way Emmicd, I grew up in Levittown during the 1960's. It's good to see someone else from that part of the world.

Wendy me
06-22-2005, 06:00 AM
ok theise thingy's never fit in to just one of them so .....3, 4, and 5...................

After replying also write what cross dressing means to you and what types of clothes do you like to wear.

ok not just like a fetish thing although in the begining i might of thought that but more over crossdressing has been my peace my balance the calm before and after the storm this is so mutch a part of me .....it makes me ...me...

types of clouthing i love all types short skirts ....dressess just abought everything...
just in the last year or so started getting into longer skirts and jeans......

Sally2
06-22-2005, 06:17 AM
Just curious about the degree of cross dressing for other male to female cross dressers.

(2) Like to wear panties and maybe stockings underneath my male clothing only occasionally.

(3) Secretly underneath my male clothing and at home like to dress up fully, makeup, dresses, panties, etc. when no one is around. Still in the closet. Do it when I can but difficult due to circumstances.

(4) Need to dress up as often as possible. Have confided with family and do dress up in front of people I trust. However not yet ready to venture outside.

(5) Out and about. Have no reservations. I am loving being en femme both home and in public venues. Proud to be me. I am respectful of family and friends and seek respect as well.

I am # 3 on the scale.

Thank you.

Emmi
i'm somewhere between a 4-5. I have a supportive wife :cool: and my daughter knows but no other family members. I have a select group of friends who venture out to safe restaurants on a monthly basis. Tonite is last venture until the fall. Trish I'm from your old neck of the woods. I dress as ladylike as I can. Never venture out to malls. i'm satisfied being a crossdresser. For me being fully dressed (make up, nailpolish, wig, heels,dresses (never slacks) is the ultimate fantasy come true. Sally2

pantylover1
06-22-2005, 06:34 AM
As for me 3.5 on the scale, My wife is very supportive and my daughter knows, however she has never seen me dressed. I'm at least in panties 99.9% of the time as the bear minimun :)

Bernice P :D

Katie Ashe
06-22-2005, 07:19 AM
3.5 would be mine. Family/job being the problem. I wear stockings almost 24/7 anyways.

Katie

jenniferluv
06-22-2005, 07:52 AM

I am # 3 on the scale.

Thank you.

Emmi
Good question Emmi. I am also a #3 on your scale although i am also close to a #4. My wife knows and mostly supports me and my daughter also knows as does my mother. My father would die as he is an extreme homophobic and crossdressing denotes homosexuality to him. as he would say, "damn queers!". Crossdressing is something i've done since i was around 5 or 6 yrs. old. off and on over the years except since the advent of the internet when i found that i was not alone. i now wear panties exclusively instead of the old "jockey shorts"--god how i hated those things! i still wear a t-shirt to bed -over my nite bra and panties-usually thongs. i wear thigh hi stockings as i do not like panty hose.-i do wear p-hose occassionally as the occasion dictates. i have several skirts and some wigs, some nice blouses too. i have LOTS of lingerie-my wife loves to buy lingerie for me!! i sometimes wear it to bed but not often. i may be closer to ts than cd since i always wanted to wake up in the morning transformed into a real girl. 30 years ago i might have gone through the transformation but i am just too old now (51) and have too many of the traits that old men tend to develop at that age-hair in all the wrong places etc,etc,etc. anyway thats me ---i wonder how many others feel the way i do? jenny

JoAnnDallas
06-22-2005, 08:01 AM
Guess I am a 3 1/2, since I have now gone out en femm, but my wife and family do not know.

Tristen Cox
06-22-2005, 08:24 AM
That's a big 4 for me.

Being who I am inside in materialised form. I dress as the girl I should have been. Pretty, young, and a bit sexy at times. I like showing my legs except maybe for when I wear a lovely long dress. But it's not really me. I like simple and comfortable. If it fits my mood I wear it. No real favorites. Ok maybe tights:p

LindaTS
06-22-2005, 08:48 AM
I would have to say 5 because I go out all the time during the day shopping, etc. but with reservation. I live in a very small town and no one knows about me except my wife. It would be a disaster if anyone ever spotted me coming and going. Oh well, that's the risk I have to take.

michellej
06-22-2005, 09:01 AM
I guess I'm a 3.5. I do wear thong panties all the time. So many to choose from and just so pretty. My wife does know, but wants me to dress in private. I'm able to go out and about only at home as our house is very private, and I have a beard. My favorite clothes are my mini skirts.

Rachel Morley
06-22-2005, 09:28 AM
I think I'm 3.5 at the moment. I do wear some fairly obvious women's clothes as a guy as well as my feminine underwear. I am working toward go out more. As for telling family.....well, the jury's out on that one at the moment. I'm not sure if the benefits outweigh the negatives. (the negatives being that not everyone is as accepting as my wife Marla).

The types of clothes I like are "classic chic" (twinsets and capris) and "fun and feminine" (flowery summer dress and cardigan sets...oh also strappy shoes and short skirts).

cdcheryl
06-22-2005, 09:44 AM
with certain rerstrictions, I dont usually wear womens clothes under mine because of my job so its only when at home and alone and i love pantyhose whenever i dress it is always pantyhose either with a skirt or a dress

Jenny Beth
06-22-2005, 10:00 AM
No question, 4.5. I dress daily and my wife is very supportive. My daughter is also accepting of this side of me and has been out once with me so far, we are currently planning an outing for all three of us. I have also come out to my wife's sister but she has not seen me dressed, I'm not sure if I want to push it that far but the fact she knows is enough for me. I get the greatest hugs from her when we meet so I know she is okay with it.

As for part 2 of your question...what does crossdressing mean to me? To me it's who I am, I just don't feel comfortable in anything male. I prefer the business woman look, attractive blouses and knee length skirts with matching blazers. But it's summer and not practical for all that fuss, right now it's women's shorts, tank tops and sandals........it's still me. Great post!

AnnaMaria
06-22-2005, 10:03 AM
I can't really say that I fit any of the set discriptions, but I think that I am somewhere between a 3 and a 5. My wife and mom both know about me and are fully supportive of me. And I do always wear girly underthings but I rarely dress when anyone is home simply because my kids don't know and I don't want to draw undo attention to it.
I have been out once during Be All and I did spend the entire weekend of Be All dressed, which was great. Wife said that I looked very pretty and she even helped with my makeup. When we get the pictures back I will postone or two. But over all I don't consider myself a cd but rather just tg and somewhere in the middle between cd and ts because I don't want to transition but I don't want to present strictly as a man either but rather androgynous.

huggs
anna

sara_also
06-22-2005, 10:13 AM
I would have to also say a three and a half. I dress at home as often as I want and do go out in public once in a while. However i am still in the closet when it comes to friends and family.
Sara

NylonMan
06-22-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm a 3 as well. My Wife knows, but would like me to dress only in panties and pantyhose. When I put a dress or skirt on around her, she is very uncomfortable. I think it's more of an insecurity, but she will never tell me that.

But I love wearing panties and pantyhose under my male clothes, especially in the winter.

Natalie x
06-22-2005, 10:25 AM
A modified 4. I'm not out to all my family yet (only my son so far) and not to many friends, but I have been outdoors and met strangers while in full femme.

I am pushing the envelope at work, started wearing a pale lipstick and pale nail varnish last week, now onto a very obvious nail varnish. Also now wearing slightly padded bra under my drabs, and only ever wear panties or a thong, my male underwear is gathering moths.

When I can dress in full, I like to wear dresses, or skirts and blouses, matching underwear, full makeup and wig. I like a little 2 inch heel on my shoes for normal wear and usually wear panty hose, although I have some hold-up stockings that I am longing to try.

Like Jenny, I would love to be young enough to go for the full transformation. I may still yet have a partial operation and maybe some facial surgery sometime.

Nice post, Emmi, thanks for starting it.

Love and kisses, Natalie

Kimberly
06-22-2005, 10:40 AM
I'd say in between 3 and 4.

I'm slowly coming out to those I love within my life (family...friends...) and the need to express myself is an essential part of my welbeing. :)

JocelynG
06-22-2005, 11:30 AM
I would be about a 4 1/2.I have been out dressed and confronted people but no where too public

lissa_cd
06-22-2005, 11:46 AM
on your scale I'm a #3. I have dressed and ventured out, actually during the day and to the most complete style possible. The problem is that I do is very seldom, hardly ever enough but it's what I can do and will continue to do...I love it whenever I get the opportunity to be Melissa.

Tiffy
06-22-2005, 11:47 AM
I am totally a 4.

Kisses, April

carson
06-22-2005, 11:55 AM
I'd say I'm a 3 minus. I love to get fully dressed, but I'm very much in the closet and have little opportunity b/c of such a busy home life: wife, daughter, work. But I certainly do not think I am TG as Rachel Ann suspects that those who who fall in your 3-5 category would be. I have a strong feminine side and enjoy expressing it, for my own satisfaction, through dressing in feminine clothing.

Julie
06-22-2005, 12:19 PM
I'm a 5 but with caution and still some inhibitions. I get read most of the time and all the time when I speak. I know the mainstream public is nowhere near accepting a man in women's clothes. Do one thing out of line and you could find yourself having a conversation with the local police. So to be a complete 5 you'd have to be able to pass, even when you speak.

I keep my outings mostly confined to TG friendly places and during the evening hours. All the exceptions have been early enough in the day that few people were out and about or at a time when kids were in school and everyone else at work (well, almost everyone else :rolleyes: ). The world isn't quite ready for me yet. :p

tifftg
06-22-2005, 12:47 PM
I would have to also say a three and a half. I dress at home as often as I want and do go out in public once in a while. However i am still in the closet when it comes to friends and family.
Sara

Like Sara I am a 3.5. I love going out enfemme when I am out of town. Family does not know. Trying to get there though. :)

eileen1969
06-22-2005, 02:03 PM
yup I am a 10! and know it girls! :p ;)

Stephanie Mancini
06-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Pencil me in as a confirmed 5, have no problems going out,my wife and sister are very supportive and i have a fantastic group of likeminded friends, like to dress in the smart classic style

Steph

Sigrid
06-22-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm a 3+.

I'm out to my wife and sometimes dress in front of her. I've been out for a long walk on along a public beach and am anxious to get out again.

I typically dress for comfort jeans or shorts, polo shirt or tee. This way I don't feel the need to change if I need to go out on errands.

gender_blender
06-22-2005, 02:57 PM

I just wear whatever I want and that in which I feel comfortable.

Charlie

Daniel
06-22-2005, 03:49 PM
I fit squarely into #3. And I plan to stay that way.

tiggr8
06-22-2005, 05:08 PM
Good question Emmi. I am also a #3 on your scale although i am also close to a #4. My wife knows and mostly supports me and my daughter also knows as does my mother. My father would die as he is an extreme homophobic and crossdressing denotes homosexuality to him. as he would say, "damn queers!". Crossdressing is something i've done since i was around 5 or 6 yrs. old. off and on over the years except since the advent of the internet when i found that i was not alone. i now wear panties exclusively instead of the old "jockey shorts"--god how i hated those things! i still wear a t-shirt to bed -over my nite bra and panties-usually thongs. i wear thigh hi stockings as i do not like panty hose.-i do wear p-hose occassionally as the occasion dictates. i have several skirts and some wigs, some nice blouses too. i have LOTS of lingerie-my wife loves to buy lingerie for me!! i sometimes wear it to bed but not often. i may be closer to ts than cd since i always wanted to wake up in the morning transformed into a real girl. 30 years ago i might have gone through the transformation but i am just too old now (51) and have too many of the traits that old men tend to develop at that age-hair in all the wrong places etc,etc,etc. anyway thats me ---i wonder how many others feel the way i do? jennyi'm similar but i hope my kids will never know... i'm a bit younger but i would not through a transformation ...hopefully it will skip a generation - it might save them a lot of heartache

girlintouch
06-22-2005, 05:49 PM
I say a 3.5 or 3 to 4 still kind nevous about other. I just take one day at time.

Sweet Susan
06-22-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm a three point five, as I do get out on occasion.

Adrianne
06-22-2005, 06:31 PM
For me i am a 3 as only my girlfriend knows, i have shaved all my hair of my body and my toe nails are painted all the time, wear women's underwear all the time.

Anna
06-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Im a 3 and i dont care who knows it! :) , as long as it isnt my Mother...God forbid!!

rexy
06-22-2005, 07:05 PM
for now i am a 3 but would really like to get out with other girls so maybe a 4.5, no one in my family would understand so i keep it from them love to wear panties and panty hose as much as i can most of time when not at work

Sindy
06-22-2005, 07:10 PM
I would have to say that I fall just shy of a 3. I do not wear anything fem under my male clothes, but when I do dress I tend to like to go all the way, makeup, nails, etc. I have never been out in public dressed but am slowly trying to gain the courage to actully get out and meet others at a tg/cd establishment. The problem is that most of these places are bars and I'm not that big of a drinker.

Now for what being a crossdresser means to me, I can't say that I can answer that. I do not know why I do it, it's just something that I like to do. I wear anything from jeans to skirts to dresses.

ronni
06-22-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm working my way to the top of your scale, Emmi.
At first, it was just trying on nylons, then heels.
Then, a skirt or dress.
Eventually, came the wig, makeup and jewelry.
Now I have all those things and hardly ever get to wear them!
You have given me new inspiration though, and I am going to do my best to climb this scale.
Thanks, Emmi

curlyalmond
06-22-2005, 07:23 PM
I dress as often as I can, but still deep in the closet. I dress fully when I get the chance, nails, wig, make-up, panties, bra, stockings, and a dress or skirts and sexy blouse. I'm comfortable at this level, but would like to dress more consistantly, but still a closet dresser. Shaved body hair and toe nails done all the time would be a great step, but difficult to explain to family memebers...

Curly xxx

alba68
06-22-2005, 07:24 PM
3 to 4. Only dress in front of my wife but have friends on the net who say they wouldn't bother if I was dressed when with them. Not got into make up yet, I'm waiting til I move into my own place. Not thought of going out just yet.

Katrina
06-22-2005, 08:43 PM
I think I rate: pi. Sorry...I couldn't resist. That's approximately 3.14 to non-mathematical types. I wear good stuff under my drab clothes most days, and my GF knows but nobody else does. When I'm home alone or with her, sometimes I get partially dolled up. She has never seen me completely dolled up though...

uknowhoo
06-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Definitely a 3!

Btw, thanks for the great thread. It's great to get to know the other girls a bit better, some of the others' responses have surprised me a bit (based on my recollections of their previous threads or posts).

Gypsy Sam
06-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Enjoyed this thread enough to respond. Amazed how much I relate to other postings here as so much as my own. Having enjoyed this hobby since I was 12, this website is a daily source of stimulation and enjoyment. Adding to my wardrobe has advanced since discovering this site. Reading the four and Five responses puts my imagination into overdrive. Enjoy getting to know all of you and hope to one day make your acquaintenance.

Gina Lima
06-22-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm without a doubt a 5! Being a girl feels right. I have never been comfortable as a man. I love to wear short skirts, tight tops and heels when I go out at night. During the day, it depends on the weather...Shorts or jeans with heels. At night, at bedtime, I wear bady dolls and satin slips or satin or silk pjs.

Sabrina1575
06-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Around 3.5, I have been out in public occasionaly (love to get out more) but no friends or family knows. Usually in dresses or skirts with high heels.
:hiding:
Sabrina

Stacie Stockman
06-22-2005, 09:45 PM
I dont where I am... I've been fully dressed only twice. sometimes I do wear panties under my male clothes, and sometimes sleep in a nightie. My family doesnt know but there's about 15 or so of my GG friends that do know and have seen my pics.

Jodeeuk
06-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Usedto be a #5 but now i dont crossdress any more, IM JADED

Ava Mouse
06-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Definitely 5 now. Though I have to schedule time to dress for both outings and at home due to family priorities...

I LOVE being out in public now. I get a few knowing smiles now & then, and WISH someone curious and polite would ask me about my little hobby... Being out and about is quite refreshing... I hope that when people meet/see me, they have more respect for us crossdressers...

samanthajay
06-22-2005, 11:54 PM
dont have the time to dress up allthe time and its not a good idea to wear panties undernieth at work for i dont want them to be smelling like grease. but i do go out fully dressed at lease once a week so i say about a 3 :cool:

samanthajay
06-22-2005, 11:56 PM
ava if they see you honthey would think yous a chick :D

Gemma Rhodes
06-23-2005, 01:54 AM
I am sort of a 3 but as I live alone can dress whenever I like, which at the moment is just about every evening and weekend when I am not going out.

However I hope to move on to at least a 4 very soon once I gain more confidence. I am planning my first outing very shortly and hopefully things will progress from there.

I try to dress as a woman of my age or slightly younger would and I have no interest whatsoever in the fetish side of dressing. I dress as it helps me to relax and relieve stress.

Lois82
06-23-2005, 06:01 AM
Guess I would be a 3 also but would prefer a 5. That is hard with a not so understanding wife :( .

Lucy Coleman
06-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Due to circumstances and the fact that we don't do hallowean round these parts i must now be a '0' :(

Lucy

Annabel Girlie
06-23-2005, 08:30 AM
Hmm. I don't really seem to fit the scale!

Often a 2 (specially at work - wearing pretty pink & white polka dot panties now under my drabs)

Sometimes a 3 - when my wife is away (who does not tolerate me dressing under any circumstances - so it has to be secret from her)

A few times a 5 - out dressed in the car for drive arounds, and several times I have tried on lingerie and girl clothes in shops

Annabel

Robingirl
06-23-2005, 09:35 AM
I am probably between a 2 and 3. I have all the clothing necessary, both under and over and am reasonbly good with make-up. My wife knows,and ignores it which I can accept, although I of course wish it was better then that. I dress fully 1 or 2 times a month. I have met one other girl who I think is about a 4.5 and loved it. I would love to dress and/or shop with other girls and take photos. I love the career/business woman look. I am 56.

danette50
06-23-2005, 10:08 AM
I live alone,So i can dress any time I want and usually do. I love skirts & nice tops or dress. I always wear a nite gown & panties to bed. As for why I dress, It give's me a better state of mind & very relaxing. I just started using more makeup & losing weight,So some day maybe a 5.

XOXOXO :love:
Danette

Fallen Angel
06-23-2005, 01:27 PM
im a five just luv to hang out at home ala fem or go out mostly luv to go out!!!!!!! xxoox

Deanna2
06-24-2005, 02:42 AM
I am interested to see how many 3.5's there are. That is about where I would put myself. I wear knickers, pantyhose and camis and paint my nails all the time and wear bra and skirt quite frequently, but I fantasize about being a 4. Maybe one day the fantasy will be realized.

BecomingBrooke
06-24-2005, 02:56 AM
for me

jamiepabicd
06-24-2005, 02:58 AM
hi ladies

i'd be a 2.5 as no one knows except you ladies. i wear lingerie under my clothes and dress up in that and a little more when home alone. can't dress at home now until schools reopens in fall...2 teenagers here coming and going.

jamie

BonnieJG
06-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Like to wear panties and stockings underneath my male clothing occasionally.
Like to wear a bra & panties all the time and I try to

Secretly underneath my male clothing and at home like to dress up fully, makeup, dresses, panties, etc. when no one is around. Still in the closet. Do it when I can but difficult due to circumstances.

Need to dress up as often as possible.

I dress up with my wife at night and sometimes when the kid's are not home

Ashleigh
06-24-2005, 11:29 AM
A 4! My wifey knows and I dress in front of her. No one else in the family knows though.

It is a NEED. Dress daily in mornings and evenings before and after work. Lately I have gone radical and in addition to my 18 hours a day in thigh highs, I have been wearing my 40B bra under loose fitting shirts to work and out and about to stores, etc. I think only once was I detected when someone suddenly patted me on my left shoulder blade and possibly felt the bra straps.

Andreia_Br
06-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Number 5. I won't just stay at home all dressed up and with no place to go. I like to go to bars or night clubs, but when I have the chance, I also do everyday stuff like go the supermarket or to a mall.

Rachel_740
06-24-2005, 12:54 PM
I think I'd put myself as a 5+++, having transitioned (if I'm still allowed to answer, being TG not CD). If I'm in or out, whatever I'm doing and wherever I'm going I'm en-femme and I love it :) . Never been happier.

I have no male clothing :thumbsup: and although I have loads of clothes (including ones I've only ever worn when I tried them to buy - in true female form :rolleyes: ) I am still building my wardrobe. Where HE struggled to buy clothes even when absolutely essential, I struggle NOT to buy new clothes (especially if I see a nice skirt).

What sort of thing do I wear?

Lets get the work thing out the way first. I wear jeans (life can't be 100% perfect), a top and if it's colder a jumper to work.

Outside work, I'm ALWAYS wearing a skirt. Usually longer length (calf length or longer). With the warmer weather and my legs being less hairy than they used to be (thanks to having them waxed and probably my hormones) I'm not wearing stockings at the moment. I have also started bringing my hemline up to a relatively adventurous level of the knee or slightly below. I usually tend to go either for black or shades of red/pink in skirts. I also have a couple of skirts in blue and about 6 in biege/camel/cream colours
I usually wear a fairly loose fitting tee shirt or long sleeve tee shirt, which comes pretty much up to my neck to hide any chest hair I may still have (again, this is improving tremendously though not due to waxing - you try having your chest waxed :eek: ). The last couple of days though, I have worn tops with a more open neck and the one I'm wearing at the moment (and have been out shopping in this afternoon) is more of a plunge neckline, almost showing my cleavage. Most of my tops are white/cream/shades of red.

I've had numerous peole tell me that I look good in reds and I love the colour as well.

I (usually) dress to suit my age.

All my family know and are comfortable with me. Mum and Dad are even going to come and stay nearby when I go for my op.

Anne

Jennifer in CO
06-24-2005, 12:58 PM
and we aint talkin about the weight kind!!
Somewhere between a 3 and 5 is where I have been to currently am. Twenty five years ago I passed easy and freely as a tall woman at 6'1 135 lbs (somewhere around here is a pic of me at the beach with my wife...and Im the one in the string bikini!!). Now, at 6'4 and 210 lbs it aint so easy. Funny thing is tho...now I care less about who see's me. So Im out and about less as a lady, but dressed more often than not in casual womans clothes. Other than my wife and the Aunt who created Jennifer, no one else knows nor needs to...

Jenn

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-24-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm like 2.4.

Tristen Cox
06-24-2005, 02:28 PM
I think I'd put myself as a 5+++, having transitioned (if I'm still allowed to answer, being TG not CD). If I'm in or out, whatever I'm doing and wherever I'm going I'm en-femme and I love it :) . Never been happier.

I think you're over-qualified ;)

Rachel_740
06-24-2005, 02:38 PM
I think you're over-qualified ;)

OK :cry:

Tristen Cox
06-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Oh stop! I as kidding :kissing:

racquel
06-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Mostly a 4 with touches of 5.

Rachel Ann
06-25-2005, 04:39 AM
... being TG not CD ...
I hate to quibble, dear, but it's important to me. The last time I checked a CD can be TG, or not. I'm a CD with no plans to take hormones or anything, but I definitely consider myself to be TG - even if "low end".

But I certainly do not think I am TG as Rachel Ann suspects that those who who fall in your 3-5 category would be.
I'm sorry carson, I guess "probably" was too strong a word. I just meant a trend, not an absolute thing. But it's still entirely an individual perception, as it ought to be.

I guess I'm about a 3 as well.
Upon reconsideration, I guess I'm a 3+. I like Katrina's pi! I do belong to a nice private club with changing rooms, a big well-lit makeup room, and an area for photos, as well as a lounge area. I go there every week if I can. So I guess I'm not entirely "closeted".

hugs

Rachel

anisha_cd
06-27-2005, 03:15 AM
i guess im at no. 3 now but hopefully moving on to 4 one day :)

Jo_2s
06-27-2005, 03:25 AM
Just about a 3.5 , if you include my wife knowing, and asking the mens chainging room lady at M&S if I could try on a skirt. :rolleyes:

FionaAlexis
06-27-2005, 03:50 AM
I'm more than 4 not the quite the full confident 5.

I go out quite regularly 2 -4 times a week in the daytime but I 'm not sure that I totally confident enough to interact with people in all situations.

Fiona xx

Mandy Salamander
06-27-2005, 04:21 AM
guess i'm a 5,,mostly,,i dress daily,,go out regularly en femme,,and pretty much everybody knows,(except for a few neighbors who actually think i'm a girl,/they've only seen me from a distance,20 ft or so, and we've never really spoken except hello),,but this just isn't possible, and i'm completely closeted at work,, though certainly suspect,(long nails,hairless arms/body and ponytail) i basically just avoid the issue.

JenniRose
06-28-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm not sure where I fall on your scale. I guess we will have to go with a 3+. I am definitely a 3, and while I have not told any family or friends, I do, on occassion go out en femme.

Most of the time this is in the evening, and often when I am travelling for work, but I am usually out without drab two or three times a month.

So call me a 3 - 5.

JenniRose

kymmieLorain
06-28-2005, 07:47 PM
MMMM hard for me but 3.5 I wear panties 24/7 and lingerie to bed dayly. I do dress in fem cloths around my wife. I have even changed to a dress or skirt while out 4 wheeling.

Kymmie

Vivian Best
06-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Like many of the girls I feel that I'm a three. Would like to be a four. Maybe someday.

Vivian :cry:

samanthajay
06-28-2005, 11:01 PM
im a five just luv to hang out at home ala fem or go out mostly luv to go out!!!!!!! xxoox
and your so passable

samanthajay
06-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Number 5. I won't just stay at home all dressed up and with no place to go. I like to go to bars or night clubs, but when I have the chance, I also do everyday stuff like go the supermarket or to a mall.
good for you andria :D

samanthajay
06-28-2005, 11:04 PM
OK :cry:
awww tristen be nice

Tristen Cox
06-28-2005, 11:05 PM
Kiss my!......Oh sorry folks I meant Sam :D :eek:

samanthajay
06-28-2005, 11:10 PM
kiss your ..... what baby ;)

emmicd
07-03-2005, 11:47 PM
I indicated earlier that I am a 3 but am going out casually dressed in femme clothes with an androgynous look. Today at a family barbecue I was clearly wearing womens slacks and a womans shirt. It really took nerve on my part. No one really took notice and I received compliments from my sister and a female cousin saying I was wearing a very nice outfit! Made me feel really good. Maybe next year I'll go in a beautiful sundress but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm taking baby steps. My wife liked my outfit also. She said I have nice taste. Now that really made my day!

My son just threw water baloons at me and all his cousins and got my pants soaked! Aren't kids precious!

We had a great day!

Happy 4th of July!

Emmi

Clare
07-04-2005, 01:58 AM
Well, i'm definately a 3 and moving towards a 4!

I regulary dress in lingerie, although i find it hard to get matching undie sets because my body's top half is so big, pantyhose, bras & camisoles, and try a little subtle makeup sometimes for my drab look as well as full makeup for en-femme.

I am moving toward dressing almost always in female clothing at home (now i'm pretty much single) and also will commence wearing womans business clothing such as pant suits to work when i get my new office job (soon i hope!).

My seperated wife is in denial based on lots of hints about cd'ing (she knew i wore hose, but for the wrong reasons), and nobody else, family or friends, knows about Christine, so i hope that when i get to my new home location (Canberra - Australia), i can open up and meet other cd'ers through organisations and the like. You never know your luck in a big city!

I have been outside dressed as female, both in daylight and in evenings, but with no makeup or wig etc. Just testing my courage and conviction about being outdoors, and haven't really been outside since (about 10 yrs).

The next year or so should see me develope more so as a CD, but will i become TG, i dont know at this point. My recent relationship breakdown has brought out the crossdresser in me more than at any time in my life.

But i do know that i will NEVER go back to stopping corssdressing for anyone again - its just to hard on the soul to keep hiding it!

Christine.

Tasha Norval
07-04-2005, 02:38 AM
I might be a 4 if not for the fact that I have few people to trust in. Plus, living on a campus puts me in the position where being caught by anyone would mean having to face them for the whole year or more. I'm not up to that.

psdibe
07-04-2005, 05:45 AM
I think I with most of the girls. I am a 3 to 4 depanding on the day. I wear panties very often under my boy closes. I have girls jeans and shorts that I wear all the time. I would like to dress more often but my wife who knows is not very excepting. She lets me dress but is not comfortable with it. I have started to get dressed in the morning while we both are getting ready for the day but I still have not had the courage to put on a bra in frontof her, my prblem. ANyway I think the numbers for me come and go. As one post stated when we first come out to our wifes, we go hog wild tehn the numbers go up and down.

Does any one understand what things cause us CD's to have these numbers change as much as they do or is this change just me/
I would love to hear from everyone.

Jenny Rose
07-04-2005, 08:22 AM
3 working on 4. My wife knows but doesn't want to see me or know any details. She accepts that I buy clothes and gives me time alone from time to time. I thank God for that at least. But it is not just the clothes I'm hiding from her -- I'm hiding part of me and I want that to change. I am working on showing more of the fem side of my personality to her in small ways.

Teddie
07-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Toss me into the 3.5 group. My wife is very supportive. I'm in panties 99.9% of the time, even to the doctors. And, I've gone out twice, but want more.

BethCD
07-04-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm at 3.5. Panties always, dress at home evry day to some degree, skirt, or dress. Wife knows and accepts. Have not told anyone else yet, altho I think kids have suspicions. Have gone out a few times daytime.
:Power: Beth

CharleneCD
07-04-2005, 11:00 AM
I have thought long and hard on this one. I will put myself at 4.5, working my way up to 5.

I'm dressed in fem clothes 90% of the time and I go out dressed androgynous on a regular basis now. My long painted nails make it impossible for me to go total drab, and I am totaly happy with that.

Tristen Cox
07-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Toss me into the 3.5 group. My wife is very supportive. I'm in panties 99.9% of the time, even to the doctors. And, I've gone out twice, but want more.
And the other 00.1%?? :p

emmicd
07-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Charlene,

Sounds like you had fun at the pool party your wife created a thread about. So you're definitely a "5" and you probabaly felt like a "10" walking around in the sexy one piece.

Good for you and Bunny!

Emmi

cyancd
07-04-2005, 10:16 PM
I'm a 4.....

emmicd
07-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Hi, Cyan!

Welcome, Don't be shy! If you wish to you can write an intro in the member introduction. All the girls are very helpful and good listeners. This is a great site. I'm relatively new here to and felt comfortable enough to create some threads. I enjoy seeing the responses.

Good Luck!

Emmi

emmicd
07-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Tiffany,

Of course! The scale is subjective. You're higher than I am. I still am a 3! I would like to try to venture outside but have way to many concerns. Also my family and work obligations are top priority. My Cross dressing needs will always take a back seat to my top priorities! However I still will dress up when ever I have a chance but only at home and when it's quiet!

Emmi

Tristen Cox
07-05-2005, 12:17 AM
Does 3.5 count? :D
Better than a 3.4 :p

DawnRodgers
07-05-2005, 01:45 AM
Most definitely a three with a few excursions to four and five.
Crossdressing means to me being totally within my feminine side. Being and looking like the woman I picture myself to be. Acting and reacting as a woman has given me total happiness and comfort. I certainly feel like a total woman and would happily live out the rest of my days in feminine mode.
I drtess as I would imagine myself to dress if I was a woman. My clothing and makeup are such that I could freely walk around and likely pass - and indeed I have. Outfits and makeup are, what I consider as tasteful but definitely convey total femininity.

NICOLETV
07-05-2005, 02:21 AM
I'm A 5,i Go Out Regularly 2 Times A Week,go Out With Other T-girls Here In Myrtle Beach,we Go To Dinner And Have Not Had Any Negatice Response,including Our Servers Are More Than Helpful.crossdressing To Me Means Being Able To Dress In The Clothes That Feel Natural To Me,i Wear Anything That Is Suited For My Age

emmicd
07-14-2005, 10:31 PM
I am starting to dress more and more and also venturing out more in an androgynous way. May even go out in woman's pink trousers and blouse. Not yet going out in complete femme but don't feel the need to do that. Also wearing femme pants now more than ever in wife's presence.

So maybe I may progress to a 4!

Emmi

Melissa Ryan
07-16-2005, 05:23 AM
I had to get into this eventually. I would put myself at a 4.5. I dont dress every day. When I do, I like to "go the whole hog" and be me for a cople of days at a time.A lot of my friends know & are just fine. However, my Mum, Dad & brother would go down the gay path &then I would be even more to blame for world events!
I absolutely just LOVE flowing skirts & dresses. The way they flow around your legs is just so.......YUMMY!!!!!!!......I kinda feel that I can wear trousers or jeans any old day, but skirts & dresses can only be worn on Melissa's day/s!

Thanks for asking! We should do lunch!......Melissa......

MarinaTwelve200
07-16-2005, 10:25 AM
I suppose I am a 3, and THAT is usually good enough for me. Ive discovered that CD is (for me) just a way to ocasionally "get away from my self"---what better way to "escape" one's identity then to temporally become another person --and of the opposite sex?

Why 'take a vacation from myself?"? Well, I have discovered that I can leave ALL my "tensions" and "responsibilities" with the OTHER persona and really totally relax if only for a few hours. There is another affect too---there is also a "thrill" to violating a psychological "taboo" or deeply seated 'fear of identity loss"---and escape without harmful concequences.
I think that it is related to the popularity of horror movies---to expose ones self to "fearful or deadly situations" but really being SAFE in RL. Also wasn't it Churchill that said of his wartime experience "The greatest of all THRILLS is being shot at to no effect" ?

Indeed there are different reasons in different people for CD. I think the FIVES do it because thery really want to become women or think they are. Us Threes and below (barring adverse circumstances) are usually into it for other reasons, such as Psychologocal/social "release" or for the THRILL of violating a pwesonal fear or taboo., etc. I make no judgements here I am for what ever makes any of us HAPPY.

MARINA TWELVE

cosmolovesph
07-23-2005, 01:16 PM

Thank you.

Emmi

Well, I could and am 1 THRU 4

What do i like to wear?
Pantyhose, Heels, skirts, dresses, bras, ear rings (must be clipon's thou), make up....

To me it's a release and "comfort" clothes to me, while still somewhat erotic/"Taboo". I do go out occasionally but not so much to places (except around Halloween normally) but to gas stations, parks etc...

Phillis
07-24-2005, 06:07 AM
I woud rate myself as a 4. I have a couple of roommates, one male one female and I dress in front of them. I like wearing short skirts with camisoles, also various size cup bras. It depends on the outfit I want to wear. I run around the house usually fuly dressed. Have not ventured outside yet. Not brave enough. But I will wear panties under my male clothing though.

CJFMix
09-09-2005, 01:08 AM
...for over thirthy years now .
So it's defenitively a 5 .

-Crossdressing is , for me , a mean to express myself !!!

-Theese days , I dress more sober/casual/conservative .
Mostly , over the knee skirts & tights with patterns on them .
I like to collect tights . I may have up to 75 pairs .
Some are with small stripes , large stripes , with squares ,
or lozanges , different fishnet , whatever is has dots , lines
& patterns , I go nuts .

Debbie Kong
09-09-2005, 01:37 AM

I feel like a 4.3. Have confided with family and some friends and have gone out to T friendly places but am not confident enough, or convincing enough to be a true contender.

Debbie

Zenda
09-09-2005, 02:40 AM
I've been a 3ish for a while, but I've been a 5 on three occasions in the last year - all big straight social fancy-dress nights. Way to go - not many people guess who you really are and those that do generally don't respond negatively at all. And I was all-girl from the stockings up. At the last Ball, half of a girl couple I know told me she thought I made a better woman than she did. Is that the ultimate complement or what? All love

Lisa Golightly
09-09-2005, 02:42 AM
Hi 5!!! :)

paulacd
09-09-2005, 02:47 AM
I'm a 3 to 4. Dress up as often as possible and feel comfortable with my gf seeing me like this - luckily she's accepting of this (although not overly enthusiastic). Been out a couple of times to fancy dress parties and that was a major buzz for me.

I'd love to move up to defcon 5 though and get out on girlie nights out on the town, although only in 'safe' venues.

Paula.

eleventhdr
09-09-2005, 04:37 AM
As i have often stated here i would dress a lot more as Suzy given thee right time and place. Oh well!. Suzy!.

Sophie_A
09-09-2005, 05:34 AM
I was only a 3 till the other day and become I think about a 3.4, so almost a 4, I long to be a 5 and a go shopping.

joanna_j
09-09-2005, 06:38 AM
I have been out and about more than a few times in the past. Some of my family members know, but have never seen me dressed as Joanna. I do love dressing whenever I get the chance. I have had the pleasure of being Joanna for more than a few days at a time, and also have dressed with and for a gg friend of mine. When I dress I do go all the way and enjoy every minute of it.
Jo

Elizabeth
09-09-2005, 07:14 AM
Hi girls,

I am a most definite 5+

I dress full time and have not been in boy clothes for an entire day for over a year. I did have to make a few court appearances for my divorce, but I was only in boy clothes for a few hours each time. In fact on my last appearance where I was sworn in, I got a few chuckles from the audience when I raised my right hand to be sworn in and revealed my brightly painted pink fingernails which had been previously unseen under the Petitioners table.

http://elizabeth-alive.com/raven051305023a.JPG

I am now married to a totally supportive wife along with my oldest son who is 18 and my second oldest son who is 13. I live totally in the open. Two of my sisters and two of my brothers, which is half my family, are supportive. I have one brother who broke ties with me over it. My father is dead and I am estranged from the rest of my family.

I have been totally accepted in my community. I am treated great everywhere I go. The bank, the grocery store, the post office, my doctors, the schools. You name it. All my kids are accepting including my oldest daughter who is 22 and my youngest son who is 11. I am living my life dressed as a woman, even though I am far from passable. It seems I am accepted in my gender role despite my inability to pass.

Living the good life and wishing the same for all my sisters out there.

Sorry for writing a book.

Love always,
Elizabeth

Vaerise
09-09-2005, 07:21 AM

Only the bra stuffed with some padding worn under the clothes, just to make me feel as if I am not missing something.

MsEva
09-09-2005, 07:34 AM
I guess I am about a 3.5. My wife knows about my dressing and is pretty cool with it..my SIL knows too, and she is ok with it. I dress totally when feeling fem...several times a week...and have been out several times by myself for drives and walks. I don't really enjoy it when only partially dressed. I go for the full immersion! :rolleyes:

HaleyPink2000
09-09-2005, 07:41 AM
Well lets see.
I dress at home when no one but my Wife and I are here.
I go to TriEss meetings out.
I drive home dressed from the meetings.
I go shopping and try on at stores.

I'd say a 5 HUH?

Haley:)

Cheree
09-09-2005, 08:09 AM
Please put me down for a firm 3. Thank you! :p

Carlacd
09-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Between a 2.5 and a 3. The wife knows, has bought for me, but lately not very approving for some reason :( . No one else knows, maybe a friend might of guessed i wear some lingerie, sort of hinted i did :rolleyes:

bobbipoet
09-09-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi all - (my first post)

I think that this is a pretty good scale that covers the spectrum, but I think there are actually more defining points for the categories - at least for me, because I was in them for a while.

The first is the "zero" category - someone who only fantasizes about crossdressing - maybe did so as a child, but then "does it" only in fantasy, reading stories, living out fantasy scenarios in their head, poring over lingerie magazines, etc. I think there are LOT more guys in this category than most people think - probably some of the "guests" who read this forum without registering are in this category. (I was in this category in college and afterwards for years).

The next is somewhere between the 1 and 2 categories you have. This 1.5 category would be someone who dresses partially while alone, with the purpose of getting off - then cleans up and puts everything away - and they feel (probably) guilty or confused later. In this category, its someone else's (wife/girlfriend/mom/aunt etc) clothes, mostly lingerie, not skirts and blouses, and definitely not wigs and makeup.
There's a lot of people in this category too, but they don't wear things under their male clothing, probably.

So the 1-5 scale is pretty useful, but we might need a couple more numbers.

Also, I think there are certain distinct "transition points" that mark different phases, that might be helpful with this scale. Some people might move from one category to the next when this events happen.

The first transition is wearing feminine clothes without having to jerk off. The feeling of having them on becomes the purpose, not getting off. This is a fairly significant change, I think. After this happens, it becomes comfortable to wear nice things under your male clothes - or stay dressed for a while.

The second transition is buying your own clothes, not going to someone else's. Once this happens, I think the experience changes significantly from a purely sexual indulgence to an exploration into your self (selves?). This is a much different experience than one focused on sexual stimulation only.

Anyways, that's been my experience - and I would say I am now a three - having been through both of the transitions I mentioned above.

suit
09-09-2005, 09:00 AM
your scale does not cover the lowest area enough for me !
and i noticed almost none rate them selfs lower than a 3 .
and that from my point of veiw is great as I can use this a as yardstick for my intersts/obsessions in womens wear. I think I would rate about .50~1.5
that should squew the avarage LOL! have fun :)

MaylinJane
09-09-2005, 09:28 PM
I'm a 4. I dress everyday, even wear my panties and sports bras at work. But never been out. Still working on passing.

CammyT
09-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Aloha Girls,
Hmmm.... 2.75. I don't wear fem under male clothes. If I dress, I prefer totally dressed, all or none for me. Bt it sounds intriguing, even a bit naughty.

Now look what's happening, maybe I'll try it one evening. Nice black lace thong under my 501s. Actually, some GGs actually wear 501s. This could get interesting!