PDA

View Full Version : I just don't fit!

jruiz
03-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Yesterday, I was taking some pictures of myself dresses to post them in the pictures gallery. When I saw the pictures, I was so disappointed by the looks.

Arms too masculine (although I was covering them), my hands, my torso (too broad on the top)... I just decided to erase the pictures and not upload them. I didn't feel happy about that.

At night, I went to the Gym to my spinning class. Of course, there is a mirror. I was in my guy's clothes, and I just looked myself as too thin and quite feminine. Maybe not feminine, but just petite. I didn't feel happy about that.

I'm short (between 5'6 and 5'7), slim (150 lbs, 11% body fat).

I just feel I don't fit in either mode. Maybe it's all in my head. Have you ever had the same feeling? How do you deal with it?

TommiTN
03-06-2009, 08:18 AM
I think probably most of us have had similar feelings. The thing to remember is that GGs come in all shapes and sizes and have all manner of "flaws" such as large hands/feet, broad shoulders, etc. You are being too hard on yourself. Just relax and go look at some women. You'll see what I mean. A lot of us would kill for your measurements. Go have fun and stop worrying!

:hugs:

Megan_Okana
03-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Ive felt like that many times. But what gurl isnt scared that a pic is going to turn out bad. Try taking a pic of a GG when shes not ready, they hide and cover up. Its just part of being a gurl so dont be so hard on yourself. we all feel like that :hugs:

TxKimberly
03-06-2009, 08:21 AM
I doubt it's much consolation, but you have lots of company, to include myself. Too masculine for a woman, to femme for a man - can't win.

Michelle S
03-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Yesterday, I was taking some pictures of myself dresses to post them in the pictures gallery. When I saw the pictures, I was so disappointed by the looks.

Arms too masculine (although I was covering them), my hands, my torso (too broad on the top)... I just decided to erase the pictures and not upload them. I didn't feel happy about that.

Hands can be hard. I don't know if you plan to go out en femme, but for photo's try posses that don't show them. Look in clothing catalogs for ideas. I have small hands and am lucky in this respect, but I do have broad shoulders. I cannot make them smaller, but I wear hip pads to balance them.

At night, I went to the Gym to my spinning class. Of course, there is a mirror. I was in my guy's clothes, and I just looked myself as too thin and quite feminine. Maybe not feminine, but just petite. I didn't feel happy about that.

You can be masculine without looking like a linebacker. Where do you buy your guy clothes? I know there are specialty shops for big & tall men. Are there similar shops for petite men?

I just feel I don't fit in either mode. Maybe it's all in my head. Have you ever had the same feeling? How do you deal with it?

Of course everything is in our heads. That's what brains are for: perceiving & thinking. Google "body image". There are many sites on dealing with body image issues.

Babette
03-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Jruiz, please don't be so hard on yourself. Taking self portraits with a camera can be one of the most challenging types of photography to do well. If you have every had a professional photo shoot, then you will remember how the photographer is always tilting your head, repositioning your body, or fussing with something. Why? Because they can see all of the little details from the camera's viewpoint just before pressing the shutter. See, that's why so many self portraits are less than stellar.

There are a lot of ways to minimize less desirable features. The right kind of clothing has much to do with it.

I doubt there are many CDs, GGs, GMs TMs, or whatever, that are 100% satisfied with their look. From the sounds of your personal description, you have a lot of positive attributes.

Don't despair and I wish you the best of luck.

Babette

JoAnne Wheeler
03-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Very few of us can really achieve that look - I know that I can't - Sometimes

I become so dissappointed, frustrated, envious and sad, all at the same time,

because when I look at the pictures posted on this website and FORUM, I

wish that I could look like that and I want so bad to look like they do, and the

reality of it all is that it is not going to happen. No matter what I do to try

to change my appearance, losing weight, etc, I know that I will NEVER

look like some of the Stunning Beauties on this Website (they know they are).

Coming to that realization, I know that I am and will always be a Crossdresser

and that I have to dress frequently and all I can ever acheive is to try my

best to enjoy my creation of the best Feminine Lady (JoAnne) that I can

with what I have to work with. And that is what all of us should try to

accomplish. Not every Crossdresser can be lovely as a fashion model, but

then, neither can real GGs. Just try to be the best you can and enjoy your

transformation into Feminiity - that is just my opinion.

JoAnne Wheeler

kathrynjanos
03-06-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm gonna jump in on this complaint - I'm 6'4", 230 lbs, and that's all a nice beer belly. I could lose it if I exhibited any self control, but I always "will get to it tomorrow." I used to be 180 at the same height, so I really hate my body right now, and it looks nothing if not thoroughly masculine. So, quit you're griping! And I mean that in a semipositive manner.

That is, you're in a far better place than many of us. So go out there, look for inspiration, and deal with it. You'll figure out some ways to get it right.

jruiz
03-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Thank you all!

I know that women come in all shapes, but they don't usually come in man shapes :brokenheart:

Maybe I'm being too hard with myself. I'm just a bit frustrated. I wish I could find a petite guys store. I haven't find it yet.

I'd love to go out dressed, but I don't think I should. I care about passing, or at least not being so evident and be ridiculed.

Kim: you don't look masculine to me! Your pictures are awesome.

Maybe I should go back, take the pictures and ask for some recommendations from you...

kathrynjanos
03-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Pictures help. There are some ladies here who have some extensive experience in helping to hide masculine features. If you haven't tried yet, I'd recommend trying some makeup. Get a gf or female friend/relative to help you with makeup. I think you'd find it's not nearly as bad as you think. Once I put on makeup with my gf's help, I found that my face is a lot rounder than I thought and since I have big blue eyes, they really pop with some mascara and eyeliner.

"My crush with eyeliner..." :daydreaming:

jruiz
03-06-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm gonna jump in on this complaint - I'm 6'4", 230 lbs, and that's all a nice beer belly. I could lose it if I exhibited any self control, but I always "will get to it tomorrow." I used to be 180 at the same height, so I really hate my body right now, and it looks nothing if not thoroughly masculine. So, quit you're griping! And I mean that in a semipositive manner.

That is, you're in a far better place than many of us. So go out there, look for inspiration, and deal with it. You'll figure out some ways to get it right.

Hi Kathryn,

Not sure about what "semipositive" means, I guess that the same as "seminegative"...

I don't mean to annoy anyone with my post, I'm just being honest and it's just the way I feel. I understand that I'm in the middle, and this is what really bothers me. All I know is that I still can't get a decent look.

Some gurls here are much bigger/heavier than me and have great results. It's not just a matter of size, but a matter or shape.

Actually, I find that the most passable gurls around here are the ones that are very skinny or that carries some additional weight. And actually, I think that the larger ones are the most convincing ones. But again, too skinny or too heavy will not be healthy for me and will not make me good look as a guy.

Maybe I just have to work harder selecting my wardrobe. I'll try to post my pictures and ask for some help. Stay tuned...

kathrynjanos
03-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi Kathryn,

Not sure about what "semipositive" means, I guess that the same as "seminegative"...

As in "quit bitching." And the reason that's as much positive as it is negative, it comes down to "You'll never get anything accomplished griping about it."

I think it's appropriate to invoke Rocky Horror here: Don't dream it, be it.

I whined a lot at first (I whine about everything), saying that I am too tall, I have too big of feet, my shoulders, my stomach, my big... well, we'll just suffice it to say, big man all around. :eek: (I kid, I kid!)

First thing's first, if you're worried about your arms, you need to draw attention away from them. Sleeves for example, but you can go with some attractive 3/4 sleeves. Also, a good way to deal with arms and broad shoulders is learning to walk like a woman, with your shoulders thrown back. Also, learn how women move their bodies, from the hips vs the shoulders, as I recall.

There are a thousand tips out there, but makeup, walking, and some other subtle mannerisms do more than looks. Practice those, then work on clothing.

Where do you live? If you live in a city that is at all GLBT friendly, you won't have much of a problem. Typically, you're best off going to places like second hand stores because few of them have an issue with you trying on tons of clothes and not buying anything. That way you get a feel for what is what.

Not all of these tips may be 100% accurate, but it's way better than nothing, and you get something to start with.

jruiz
03-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Pictures help. There are some ladies here who have some extensive experience in helping to hide masculine features. If you haven't tried yet, I'd recommend trying some makeup. Get a gf or female friend/relative to help you with makeup. I think you'd find it's not nearly as bad as you think. Once I put on makeup with my gf's help, I found that my face is a lot rounder than I thought and since I have big blue eyes, they really pop with some mascara and eyeliner.

"My crush with eyeliner..." :daydreaming:

Well, the concerns I expressed before have to do with my body.

With my face it's even worst :sigh:

My 5 o'clock shadow shows at 10am. I had professional transformation makeup once. It freaked me out a bit because I looked too alike my sister, but I still could recognize myself (not a great disguise).

When (if) I go out, my strategy with my face will be to cover the most (sunglasses, wig styling), while trying to use the best beard concealer/foundation available to smooth the face.

kristinacd55
03-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Anytime I've taken pics of myself, there's disappointment. Perhaps if I went to a makeover place, that may change!

kathrynjanos
03-06-2009, 09:40 AM
My 5 o'clock shadow shows at 10am. I had professional transformation makeup once. It freaked me out a bit because I looked too alike my sister, but I still could recognize myself (not a great disguise).

You could try facial waxing. I've never done it, but that should give you at least two days of smooth face, and it'll come back much finer.

With the professional transformation though, I think you're going to recognize yourself, as would anyone who "expects" you. But for those who don't, like people on the street, it's a different story.

TSchapes
03-06-2009, 09:46 AM
I know on another thread, people have issues with RuPaul's Drag Race program, but this thread brings it to mind.

The last episode aired, the drag queens had to dress women that were very masculine, they were all marshal artists of some sort, and they themselves said they didn't care for the girly stuff.

You should have seen the results! Wow, it can be done, there are lots of tricks. Dark colors on top with light colors below to minimize the shoulders, etc. I wouldn't let little things like what you mentioned get in the way. If you get a chance to see this episode, it may be inspiring.

-Tracy

KimberlyS
03-06-2009, 10:52 AM
You only need to fit one place. Yourself.

Count me in the middle of being feminine and masculine. As along as I can remember I have always been in the middle both physically and mentally. I have just learned to accept it over time. Screw the masculine male and feminine female stereotypes.

I am a male with many masculine and feminine attributes and physical characteristics. And I like to clothe myself in both masculine and feminine clothes.

kim
gender rebel

MJ
03-06-2009, 11:02 AM

Give me a break . I'm 5'8 fat (245 lbs more body fat than moby dick )

And I'm full time... and i thought my self esteem was low :brolleyes:
just do have fun and if your not happy with your look then change them thats the right of passage girls have ...

Billijo49504
03-06-2009, 11:06 AM
I think you should do as I tell a lot a people, go to the grocery store or the mall, to see all the different body types of GG there are. Trust me, they all aren't 5'6" 110 lbs and 36 24 36. If they were, stores like Lane Bryant wouldn't exist...BJ

kathrynjanos
03-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Kimberly, that's all well and good, but some people aren't happy with that. Why is it that everyone has to be sunshine and roses, thinking that if you accept yourself, how can anyone else not accept you?

"If god is with us, who can be against us?"

If that works for you, that's fine, I do respect that. Don't take it the wrong way. :)

What I am saying and what I mean is that some people, myself included, no less than perfection is acceptable. I don't mean that we need to pass until the clothes come off, necessarily, but we want to be the best we can be.

But why does everyone assume that because they are happy with whatever they can do within reason, that everyone else just needs to find that? It doesn't work for everyone. I'm not saying you can't find your happy place, but that's far from the same for everyone, as you know. For some, that's fitting for others' point of view, too.

tamarav
03-06-2009, 11:19 AM
I think every single girl on this forum can relate to your comments on not looking like a girl or seeing your male parts show through. I do a fair number of makeovers and find that even when I do different techniques than my client uses, I still see what they don't see and they see themselves so much better than when they do their own makeup.

It is all in the eyes of the beholder. When I look at my pictures, and I take a boat load of them, I always see the things that I wish I could hide or minimize. When you are talking to a car guy about his or her car and the first thing they say is, "its really dirty right now, or I need to do this or that". When the car looks like you could eat off of it and you would die to have one like it. See any similarities?

We are our own worst critics, just like women. I hear these statements everyday from gorgeous women who just complain about having too flabby arms, or hair not thick enough, or being too tall or too short or too skinny (OK not that one usually) but you get the idea. I have a stunning client (and I have a really good eye for beauty, just like you!) and she is always wanting to look better. I told her once that 99.99% of the guys out there would drop to their knees at any request she made of them and she started crying. Sheesh. We are just as bad. We don't recognize that even though we are unique, we are still doing a better job than most, and a lot of women.

So, lighten up on yourself. Look for the good parts rather than the things you think are obviously bad. Or, get your eyes checked...

Your flawed sis,

Tami

beenherelongtime
03-06-2009, 11:20 AM
as someone once told me, "if we put everybodys troubles in a basket and then had to choose, we would pick our own back out". i would love to have your problem as my dressing could have been enhanced many years ago.

Lorileah
03-06-2009, 11:35 AM
:yt:what Tamara said

I just don't show the pictures that make me masculine. :)

But as I have said before, most of us would not pass close inspection anyway. If you dress anytime after puberty (but before the late golden years) you will have male traits. You can't fight build after things are set. Your shoulders are there, you might get hips but your pelvis won't be the reason (fat distributes in certain places), your hands won't get thinner. So we use smoke and mirrors. Show off your best feature and play down your flaws (been said a hundred times before). I like my legs so heels and short skirts draw attention from my shoulders. I make the shoulders balance with a corset to make my waist thinner and hip pads ( I really need a butt though). We are all magicians in some manner. Distraction and being able to get people to see what they WANT to see.

As the wizard said "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" In this case pay no attention to the man under the dress.

TxKimberly
03-06-2009, 11:40 AM
. . . Kim: you don't look masculine to me! Your pictures are awesome. . .

Bless you but . . .
I don't post all of my pics - just the ones that flatter me. lol

There are always going to be those that are prettier than we are and most of us are going to envy others. As an example, I'm not at all femme as compared to this Tgirl:
http://profiles.yahoo.com/u/GAISY7J3XYWGTD5OXM3L5J4LRU
I'll never come close to looking like she does, but oh well . . .
In the meantime, I'll continue trying to enjoy the cards I was dealt! ;-)

Carly D.
03-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Dress the part.. I'm a guy.. I'm not going to look like a girl(in my eyes I never have and never will).. but if you dress to best that you can as fem as you can, then that's you.. it is in the eye of the beholder.. I have a few pictures that I look fem in.. but as I said I don't see a woman in my pictures of me dressed up, but rather I see me dressed in a dress or skirt heels and hose.. whatever.. I know you will be told by others that you will look good or even great as a female but the cold hard truth is you may never see it.. and I think there are others here that don't see a female in the mirror/pictures either..

Karren H
03-06-2009, 11:48 AM
I know how you feel... Being stuck between two genders.. Not quit fully fitting into either.. But I do as well as I can with what I have.. The art of the illusion!! Got to wear what makes you look as fem as you can.. But I'd die to be that short and that thin!! I'm 5' 9" and strugling to stay at 175...

Sophia de la luz
03-06-2009, 11:49 AM
With your heighth and weight, I would suggest weight lifting. Not heavy, bulking programs, but light, conditioning programs. I've been very happy with just such a program helping me reshape and tone. Muscle is sexier than fat, both in look and feel.

jruiz
03-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Thank you all for your replies.

Somebody recently posted a link of a web page that has a table (grid), with pictures of people (male and female), for different heights and weights.

For example, you can look 5'7 and 150lbs and you will find pictures of people with the same "dimensions".

Does any of you remember this post and the link?

jruiz
03-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Sorry for being so lazy, a quick google search and here it is:

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.shtml

According to this, I should look like the people shown in this page: http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/506-150.shtml

I wish I looked like any of the girls in this page!

However, I look similar to the guy pictured for my height and weight... Maybe with bit bigger arms and head :sad:

Jess_cd32
03-06-2009, 12:18 PM
For most of my life I was at 155 lbs. and at 6'1", or 5' 13" as Diana would say:heehee:, I was never really happy with my appearance either.

It could be just you, it could be the wrong type of clothes etc... .
It doesn't sound by your stats that you should be disapointed though.
Don't forget also, when alot of us do pics, we use the editor, I know I do.

Finally I'm happy now with my appearance since hitting into the 170's lb. range. Next time edit and work with your pics.

kathrynjanos
03-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Eeep, this chick is my height match, they don't appear to have anyone in my weight range:

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/604-160.shtml

She's a knockout as far as I'm concerned. My height and that kind of body build? Ooooh... :daydreaming:

I am in LOVE! :love:

jruiz
03-06-2009, 01:03 PM
And my point with the link is: it's not about height and weight... It's a matter of shape

Sigrid Cutie
03-06-2009, 01:06 PM

Hi Jruiz,

i know the feeling, i'm also between 5'7 and 5'7 exactly 170Cm in the decimal system,
and i weight a bit more than you 170lbs, and like you some times i look at my self all dressd up and do not think i'm feminine enough," looks wise" but then i change outfits or do some more mkeup, you know change a bit what i'm wearing, and then i take a look or take some pics and there it is, i get the look and feel i want, meaning i look just as any other girl.

try that and let me know if it helps you.

wish you the best.

Sigrid...

Kate Simmons
03-06-2009, 01:10 PM
I tend to take the premise behind the Sci-Fi show "Quantum Leap" seriously because I know it's the person inside that counts and not the external appearance.:)

MssHyde
03-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Hi I just wanted to say, to me I always look like a boy in a dress.

when I was child people thought I was a twin girl to my sister,
(when I had My hood up)

one night I spent several hours on my hair set it, (it was down to my shoulders) doing what I could to look like a girl.
later that night, I took a motorcycle out and rode it.
I was going too fast, I hit a deer doing 85 MPH.

I broke my right leg very bad. I used to be proud of my legs.

I spent two years on crutches, a cast for over a year and a half. (made my arms huge)

Now I have to cover my legs.

I still had very nice hair. 9 years ago I was bit by a tick, I contacted Lyme disease. I lost too much of my hair I loved so much.

I didn't want to live with out a nice head of hair.

enjoy what you have when you have it. things don't always get better.

I had a lot going for me. I missed the moment.

Sometimes I felt Like God was trying to stop me from trying to be a girl / woman.

I'm sure this don't help, but count your blessings with what you have. (things could be worse)

jruiz
03-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Hi MssHyde,

Thanks for sharing your heart touching story. You're right, we should be thankful for all blessings we have.

Tasha McIntyre
03-07-2009, 12:14 AM

Don't be too tough on yourself. When I get the camera out I can take 100 photos, and end up keeping only three or four. They just don't seem to capture what appears in the mirror. Not all of us can gat a trained photographer using suitable lighting and post shoot photo shopping.

Wow, and the problem is?????

Try covering your percieved deficiencies.

I'm 6 ft 2, 190 lbs and about 12% bodyfat. I use long hair to try to cover the shoulders, and usually wear long sleeves. I photograph from the knees up with the camera at roughly eye level.

Take a series of photographs from different heights and angles / persepective. Work out what look you like and take it from there.

Good luck

Tash :)

Ginawithin
03-07-2009, 01:24 AM
I doubt it's much consolation, but you have lots of company, to include myself. Too masculine for a woman, to femme for a man - can't win.

Don't think you could not pass? There is nothing masculine about you. You our by far in the top ten girls in the whole group. Your look always is a joy to look at. We look down on ourselves as looks but Kim your two thumbs up.You and others give us something to work to. It can be done!!!!

Gina

Daphne Renee
03-07-2009, 09:59 PM

I know how you feel. I have often felt the same way. I am short for a guy about 5'5 , 5'6. I think many of us are or would be happy with just being passable as a woman. When I say passable I dont mean in the super model kind of way either.
Very few if any of us on here would pass a close up inspection. Just try to live your life the best you can. No one is perfect.

Ronni Seymour
03-07-2009, 10:45 PM
First thing's first, if you're worried about your arms, you need to draw attention away from them. Sleeves for example, but you can go with some attractive 3/4 sleeves. Also, a good way to deal with arms and broad shoulders is learning to walk like a woman, with your shoulders thrown back. Also, learn how women move their bodies, from the hips vs the shoulders, as I recall.

There are a thousand tips out there, but makeup, walking, and some other subtle mannerisms do more than looks. Practice those, then work on clothing.
I'd like to second that!
For instance, something that helps me is that I try unobtrusively to catch my reflection in the windows of the stores in the mall, when I'm out. This helps me to monitor my walk and movements in order to refine them into a more feminine manner.
Little things can add up to take the focus off of our less feminine attributes, and our deportment is one of them.

Oddlee
03-08-2009, 02:07 AM
I'm 6'1" and about 175 lb, which is to say tall and slender. I look like a swimmer - narrow hips and somewhat broad shoulders. It's difficult for me to look like something other than a man in women's clothing. As others have said, clothing that diminishes or accentuates appropriate areas helps. I tend to wear tailored skirts, that give a hint of hips even though I don't have much in that area. The point is that I have known women of similar shape... I was in a master swimming group for a while, which included a woman who was shaped much like me: narrow hips, broad shoulders... except she had real boobs... So, it probably comes down to confidence in the image you are trying to portray.

Lee

Claire3
03-08-2009, 02:10 AM
we are who we are and its simpler just to make the most of what weve got and appreciate it

StephanieC
03-08-2009, 08:35 AM
I'd like to offer two suggesions:
1. Try not to be so impatient.
This is not an exact science. Have fun trying things and try to find ways to share that look and get feedback. Perhaps it's a matter of self-confidence?
2. Relish the small things.
When you see a particular look you like... When something you did turns out well... No one knows these things overnight...they develop over time

Good luck and have fun discovering.

sometimes_miss
03-08-2009, 09:16 AM
"if we put everybodys troubles in a basket and then had to choose, we would pick our own back out".
Uh, no. There are degrees of bad, some problems are worse than others. In my recent discussion with a cousin, telling her about my molestation and all the other horrors throughout my childhood, she couldn't imagine what it could have been like; her big problems were choosing a hairstyle, clothes, which college to go to, and which boy to go out with. Sure, everyone sees their own problems as terrific obstacles and feels tormented making decisions, but there are different levels of misery in life. Still don't believe me? Well, try this then: Having difficulty picking out a nail polish color isn't the same as picking out an artificial limb. Sure, both will have an impact over how people will see us, but on vastly different levels.

TGMarla
03-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Pictures lie, my friend. You will never be completely satisfied by any picture you ever take of yourself. Like everyone else here, I see a guy in a dress in every picture I take of myself. No matter what we do, no matter how hard we try, we still see the guy.

I get lots of feedback on my pics. Most of it is a very pleasant gushing over how pretty I look, or how gorgeous my dresses are. I love it. But when I look at those same pics, I see a face that's too fat, no waistline to speak of, broad shoulders, beard shadow, no butt, skinny legs, and hands with big fat sausage fingers that are a dead give away that I'm a guy.

Like Kimberly, I'm way too femme for a man, and way to masculine for a woman. So we do the best we can, and enjoy our feminine time as well as we may. Don't be so hard on yourself. The reason you don't look like a woman when you view yourself, is because you're not a woman. You see the man that you really are peeking through all the time.

Me too.

amy canada
03-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I wish I was 5'7 and 150 lbs! I'm 5'9 and around 220 lbs and even if I got down to 180 or 190 lbs, I'd be a lot happier, as I'd probably fit into regular women's sizes (L or XL).

And there are some really beautiful women on that Height/Weight chart who are at bigger weights. It just goes to show you that anyone can look good at any size.

Ashlyee Paige
03-08-2009, 11:56 AM

I am the exact same size and everything seems to fit clothes wise, you are your own worst critic :> with that size you can go fem or drab with no probs. I am getting down to 135 but am 150 right now and it works good.

Fabiana.rj
03-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Well, we are crossdressers, we try to live in both masculine and feminine worlds. Sometimes, I feel like my looks are always a compromise. Even when I'm in a suit, I don't look like all that masculine and when I'm in a dress, I quite sure, I don't look like all that feminine, but that's the path I chose.

What I could do to look my best was losing tons of weight! I was very obese a few years ago, but I knew I had change my life style, not just for my crossdressing,but for my health in general. Nowadays, I try to exercise as much as I can and eat with moderation. Other thing is practice my make up skills every moment I can. You can hide a lot of your masculine features with make up well apllied.

These days I'm trying ways to mask my broad shoulders, but that's something much more difficult to achieve...

Rachel Morley
03-08-2009, 03:12 PM
I can't really add much to what others have said other than it is true, that while in some respects with your body shape and size you have a lot going for you, but then again, we, as with GGs and CDers alike, will always want to look prettier than we perceive we are. What Tami said (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1636125&postcount=21) made a lot of sense to me.

Unfortunately what you are experiencing "goes with the territory" when you are a crossdresser. When I take pictures of myself at varies times and I then download them, I'm always quite anxious as I first view them, and I absolutely cringe at most of them :sad: I bet I only post less than half of what I take.

Your last comment:

I was in my guy's clothes, and I just looked myself as too thin and quite feminine. Maybe not feminine, but just petite. I didn't feel happy about that.

What's wrong with being a feminine man? Maybe I'm different, but I love that about myself :) It helps tremendously when I'm in girl mode, both in how I look and how I act. (btw I'm 5ft 4" and 130 lbs)

AvaDawn
03-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I feel the same, I'm not big enough to fit in with the guys but not small enough to fit in with the girls =/ your not alone there

Celeste
03-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Don't throw out your old pictures,it's through them that you will achieve improvement.Sometimes I'll go through my old ones and get a lift,seeing the improvement since then.Old pics also helped with determining what applications of makeup,shading and poses best suited me.Keep in mind that many of the girls here worked for years with photo sessions and took thousands of pics to get that handful of keepers.

Barbara Dugan
03-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Count me on the too way femme for a guy and too masculine for a girl Club. I am 5'9'' and 145 lbs at the moment I know I don't pass and never will but I try to look the best I can and what satisfy me. I think you are too fixated on looks and perfect proportions and missing the opportunity to enjoy yourself and I have to tell you sometimes we look better of what the pictures show:hugs:

sky0629
03-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Hi there,
yes most of us are there, i'm very un-shapely thin, i say body shaper and a dress that flares at the bottom to match your shoulders and give you an hour glass figure )( <----- long sleeves and finger nail, makes your finger look longer and thin, and for breast forms don't go to big don't want to over power your waist, balance grasshopper. and a 3 or 4 in heels will give them leg some lenght and don't worry about leg musles chicks work out too and there sexy. thats all i have right now and i'm sure your being to hard on yourself. be cool Sky

jruiz
03-09-2009, 09:41 AM
I am the exact same size and everything seems to fit clothes wise, you are your own worst critic :> with that size you can go fem or drab with no probs. I am getting down to 135 but am 150 right now and it works good.

It's flattering to have the same size as you! Your pictures are great, but somehow I don't look like you :sad:

If I get to 135 I'd have to lose muscle mass, and I guess I'd look more feminine. But this is something that the male me wouldn't like