PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing happened on the way to the thrift store

MELONI1
03-07-2009, 12:16 AM
I decided to go shopping at some of my favorite thrift stores today. Went into the first one, barely in the door when a guy stopped me and looking me square in the eye said, "We have a wedding gown just your size." I did a double take and mumbled "thanks". Funny thing is that was what I was going in to look at.

gretchen2
03-07-2009, 12:23 AM
That is funny, I had an experience today too. I went into the local drug store in drab and bought some hair thingys, at the check out the young woman said to me that I would like these and that they are my color. I told her, that’s what I want to hear?
Did you buy the dress?

Billijo49504
03-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Well did you buy the dresss???????BJ

Teri Jean
03-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Meloni, I didn't have that happen but I had wanted to get a LBD for myself and had looked through a lot of the stores and on line. Well my sister-in-law suggested I check out one of the thrift stores in the area and sure enough hanging in a display was the dress I was looking for. Now here's the best part it was my size and for $3. Made my day and huggs to my sister-in-law. Keli

JoAnne Wheeler
03-07-2009, 08:43 AM
FATE can be a wonderful thing

JoAnne Wheeler

MELONI1
03-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Unfortunately none of the wedding dresses were my size. I went to 3 other thrift stores with the same luck. Left my name at one and the young clerk is going to give me a call if she gets any in.:)

Jess_cd32
03-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Nice! Hope you found one.
If I walk into our local GoodWill store they say "your SO's over there":brolleyes:

lisalove
03-07-2009, 03:55 PM
I went to a church garage sale today. I didn't see anything I liked, so I left. But on the way out, one of the ladies working there says to me, That there wasn't any guy stuff and to come back in June when they will have guy stuff. I said yes I know, but I still didn't find anything I liked. She looked at me with this confused look on her face. I just smiled and gave a wink and walked out the door.
Then i went to a thrift store that just recently opened, I bought a pair of denim capris and a pair of ladies sunglasses. The guy working there, said your girl will like these. I then said I know, and put the sunglasses on and left.

Teri Jean
03-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Lisa, way to go girl. There is nothing like a little shock and awww. The lady probably thought about that for awhile and the guy ........ well he will also be scratching his head. Haha Keli