PDA

View Full Version : Man in female clothing nabbed at Sun City hospital

maryjanecapri
06-22-2005, 07:49 AM
did anyone hear about this? what do people think? i'm not sure how i feel about it. i understand that he produced a false ID and, in this day and age, that can be pretty serious. but what makes him "suspicious" if he's just a crossdresser? am i missing something?

Arizona Republic - Phoenix,AZ,USA
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0621fakewoman-ON.html
Man in female clothing nabbed at Sun City hospital

Brent Whiting
The Arizona Republic
Jun. 21, 2005 05:38 PM

A Sun City man created no small stir Tuesday when he showed up at a
Sun City hospital dressed as a woman.

Kenneth Lee Hampton, 61, not only was carrying a purse, but was
decked out in Capri jeans and sandals and was wearing a bra and a
black wig, according to Maricopa County sheriff's deputies.

Hampton tried to sign up as a volunteer, but workers at Sun Health
Boswell Memorial Hospital got immediately suspicious, said Deputy
Doug Matteson, a sheriff's spokesman.

That's because the same thing happened Friday at Del W. Webb Hospital
in Sun City West, but the male in female clothing got away before
deputies could arrive, he said.

On Tuesday, Hampton was taken into custody after he presented
investigators with a false driver's license with a woman's name on
it, Matteson said. He was booked in a Maricopa County jail on a
charge of providing false ID, he said.

Deputies are at a loss to explain a motive, but Hampton admitted to
deputies he was the same man who showed up last week at the other
hospital.

Reach the reporter at brent.whiting@arizonarepublic.com or (602) 444-

JoAnnDallas
06-22-2005, 07:59 AM
If you notice he was booked for having a false ID, not for wearing female clothes. that has to say something. IMHO, he is may be kook. There are kooks in every occupation.

Tristen Cox
06-22-2005, 08:17 AM
This why illegal representation should be on everyone's mind when going out. You can dress how you want, that is not illegal(except maybe in Ohio.. kidding) But to claim you are someone you are not with false credentials will get you sent to jail everytime.

Katie Ashe
06-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Does this mean, when I do decide to go out in drab, I can be arrested for NOT looking like my License Photo? Assuming I'm not useing a home made ID.

Katie

Tristen Cox
06-22-2005, 08:27 AM
It's not about the picture it is about the name, number and legal info you represent on the ID. Say if you have a mustache, and suddenly shaved it off. You don't have to get a new license just for that right. ;)

orchard
06-22-2005, 10:20 AM
strange.
I think I would be embarrased about flashing my man id when dressed en femme. I can understand were the fellow was comming from.
poor old guy, jailed at 61 for trying to volunteer at a hospital.

Kimberly
06-22-2005, 10:58 AM
I just hated the language of the article!

"not only had a purse..." sounds very voyeristic and gossip-like, and the list of items just seems like he is represented in a negative way. "a bra" - OH MY GOD... that's what this article is about.

It's not that its an injustice he went to jail for trying to volunteer at a hospital, it's another "lets be shocked and offended at trannies again!!"

"but the male in female clothing got away" ... need I say more?? LOOK AT THE CONNOTATIONS, PEOPLE!!

maryjanecapri
06-22-2005, 11:24 AM
you also have to think about how overly sensitive this country (USA) has become about terrorism (and rightly so). people are so suspicious now that a man flashing an idea that is obviously not his becomes suspect of something horrible. no one stops to think the poor guy was probably just to scared to show his own ID.

Julie
06-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Hampton was taken into custody after he presented investigators with a false driver's license with a woman's name on
it, Matteson said. He was booked in a Maricopa County jail on a
charge of providing false ID, he said.

What I read here is this incident was under investigation and the individual was arrested "after he presented investigators with a false driver's license". The reason it was under investigation was because there was crossdressing involved. Why did the police get called? Because of crossdressing. Why were hospital employees suspicious? Because of crossdressing. In the article they mention no other reason for cause of suspicion.

Maybe this person was a kook, who knows. I doubt any of us would get dressed and go volunteer at a hospital or anywhere else because we know the potential for something like this happening. But maybe this person lives full time and this is who she is. She wanted to volunteer, not seek a paying job. Whatever the case, the bottom line is the police were called in because she was crossdressed. And I doubt she fit any terrorist profile. Let's face it, we are still a very long way from acceptance.

girlintouch
06-22-2005, 05:44 PM
thank you julie you notice is cops were call because some look suspicious. why, because he was croosdreing. It is sad that was whay the cops were called. he was arrested the right way. what would happen if he gave them his right ID.