PDA

View Full Version : What is it about the clothes?

Dannie Lefae
03-07-2009, 09:17 AM
This thread is not a generalization about everyone.

I have been pondering abit lately. The question that has been boggling me is, what is it about the clothes and make-up that makes some of us feel and act more feminine? I certainly feel and act alot more feminine when I am dressed than I do when in drab, but I cannot figure out why I cannot continue to channel the same level of femininity when I am in drab. I have a hard time beleiving that it is just the clothes or make-up. Does anyone else think this or am I alone on this?

Em

Nicki B
03-07-2009, 09:27 AM
What is it? Clothing sends very powerful visible, audible, tactile signals, both to ourselves and onlookers..

O2B Barbara
03-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Not sure but it seems like the more I dress, the more the feminine side comes out no matter what I am wearing.

gwen cd
03-07-2009, 10:19 AM
I agree.
When I an dressed I do a 360 mood and behaviour change..

Fiona K
03-07-2009, 10:34 AM
What is it? Clothing sends very powerful visible, audible, tactile signals, both to ourselves and onlookers..

What she said.....

Kate Simmons
03-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Perception means a lot, it seems.

TGMarla
03-07-2009, 11:00 AM
What is it about the clothes? I dunno, I've always been very attracted to ladies' apparrel, even before I started wearing it myself. We are programmed from birth to equate certain styles as either feminine or masculine. I was always drawn to the feminine, and it was probably a logical progression for me to begin wearing dresses and things. But I feel better when I present as a woman, and to this day, I just love wearing the girl stuff.

Sallee
03-07-2009, 11:03 AM
that is an age old question. I wish I knew I think all of us have wrestled with it a lot. Why should it matter if we are wearing men's underwear or women's, who can see it? I sure know what I like more.

AvaDawn
03-07-2009, 11:04 AM
I myself am not sure, but whos to complain? =]

Jess_cd32
03-07-2009, 12:30 PM
As said the visible for one, and walking in heels, how can you not feel feminine once you master them and hear their sound across a floor:) I love that sound as much as a great song, it just makes me feel good.

The transformation in general, its just so night and day it still makes me think is that really me:eek: Can't beat the overall feeling with a stick:)

Jennifer Silverstone
03-07-2009, 12:34 PM
I agree.
When I an dressed I do a 360 mood and behaviour change..

That would bring you full circle and back to where you started! Do you mean 180 degrees perhaps? If so then I am in full agreement. When I dress, I become the 'other me', and she is much happier than I am normally. The feel of the clothes, as much as how they look makes the difference from male attire to me, and in some cases the smell of some fabrics (hard to explain).

victoriamwilliams1
03-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Not sure but it seems like the more I dress, the more the feminine side comes out no matter what I am wearing.

Same here:)

JoAnne Wheeler
03-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Because it is our outward expression of our internal feelings - we need to let

our femininity OUT and this is one of the main ways. While I feel feminine

in drab, it is nothing like being dressed enfemme - we've got to let the girl

out - and the girl wants to be dressed as a girl !

JoAnne Wheeler

Christie ann
03-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Because it feels good inside to be girly

valenstein
03-11-2009, 08:43 AM
It's such a tough question, but I compare wearing male clothes to having to wear a uniform. I can do it if it's really expected of me, but it's not my personality and I'd like a day off now and then. To use another analogy, some people who really appreciate art have no desire to become a painter, it is enough to enjoy the result. I don't like the smell of most men's cologne on other people, so why would I want to wear it myself?

You could ask the same question about GGs. Why do some women dress very girly, and why are some more the tomboy type? Neither is right or wrong, some of it is learned, some of it is what's expected to wear in a given situation, some personal preference.

There is an occasional piece of men's clothing that "feels like me" and I'll mix and match it with women's clothes, but why wear something that makes you feel like you're not you?

jthegymnast
03-11-2009, 09:34 AM
I know for me it's about the idea of wearing female clothes, the image it creates in your mind, and the thought you are wearing something designed for women.
I can get a kick just from picking a new outfit from the internet,or my wife describing what I would look like if I was dressed up.

Stephanie Stephens
03-11-2009, 09:42 AM
There is an old saying "the clothes make the man".

Joy Carter
03-11-2009, 09:52 AM
In short. It's not about the clothes. It's about being who I should have been.

PanteeQueen
03-11-2009, 10:32 AM
I think it is the cuts, colors and fabric choices that are available!!:daydreaming:

Carly D.
03-11-2009, 11:19 AM
I had a task a couple years ago.. we got a tiller thing in the mail and I had to do "some assembly required" type of thing.. I dressed up in my Carly garb, and wasn't really planning to do that while dressed up but then I walked by the box and thought why not try to work on it.. so I got out the old handy tool box and started to work on the tiller.. it's funny how I went from Carly the cross dresser to Carly the cross dresser with a job to do.. I seem to forget that I'm dressed all dainty... although I was more careful not to snag my tights.. I got the job done and so far as I know the thing still works fine.. (my brother has it)...

Kelsy
03-11-2009, 11:21 AM
In short. It's not about the clothes. It's about being who I should have been.

That sums it up for me Joy!
Kelsy

Samantha Kelsey
03-11-2009, 11:27 AM
what is it about the clothes and make-up that makes some of us feel and act more feminine? Em

Perhaps it's not the clothes etc that make us feel feminine. Maybe it's the other way around, we just feel feminine and this makes us want the clothing etc?

tricia_uktv
03-11-2009, 11:30 AM
I think by turning it round, Samantha has likely got it spot on!

shaunamac
03-11-2009, 11:42 AM
about the clothes??? WOW! soft, sexy and naughty!!

Babette
03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
It's not just the clothes or just the makeup. For me, donning everything (i.e. clothes, makeup, hair, forms, shoes, etc.) seems to uncage my inner spirit. That's my chance to be free without any feelings of repression.

Babette

Steveo
03-11-2009, 12:55 PM
for me it's receaving brand new stuff in the post, and the smell, and unstreched, uncreased, that slightly tight feel to a new top, it's so ooh when you put it on. bfn.

RylieCD
03-11-2009, 04:21 PM
The person I am on the inside never changes, is it male or female, Doesnt matter it is me. What I do know the male cloths never felt right. It is not about appearance but feeling right with who you are. Yes I know that females can wear male clothing and that is socialble acceptable, so why cant I accept that, again I dont know, just doesnt feel right. Why do things have to be assigned a gender?, (why do females wear skirts, shorts, pants/capris and men wear pants/shorts) now I am getting into options ( I wont go there). What is it about the clothes?, the material, the variety, The overal apperance, or inner correctness.

Rachel B
03-11-2009, 07:07 PM
I dont believe it has anything to do with THE clothes, and more to do with TYPE of clothing.......A very big difference I think you would all agree.

I would'nt be seen dead in a GG trouser suit, or a flowery patterned anything (unless I was actually dead when I was dressed :eek:) but throw me something akin to my black leather boots, skirts, tops, underwear, etc and I become the girl known as Rachel in almost every way......(Yes Rachel is a Malesbian! :heehee:)

I believe it is to do with feelings. Comfort, stress relief, general well-being, call it what you will. You are what you wear, oh my, what does that make me? :dom::OMG:

Terry V
03-12-2009, 01:04 AM
For me it is becase when I dressed I am no longer me I am Terry in all her finery.My mode changes my outlook on life changes and I am free to be me for as long as I like the day to day drag on being in drab is so disheartnee but once I get to be Terry I just enjoy life more fully. Nothing fancy just wearing the clothes I love.