PDA

View Full Version : You want to drop by When!

kellycan27
03-07-2009, 01:43 PM
A few years ago i inherited a house with a small guest house behind.In order to save money I rented the front house out and I lived in the guest. The guy who I rented the house to was a few years older than me, and str8 as an arrow and in my opinion.. a HUNK. ( sorry, about that,don't want to make anyone queasy lol) We did however become good friends and spent hours talking and hanging out together.We layed out by the pool together, ate some meals together, movies, running...totally as friends. He knew all about me and my desires, and never had a problem with any of it. i guess I had a crush on him, but never attempted anything overt, because I figured that he wasn't interested in me in that way. A couple of times he would do stuff like give me a hug if I was upset, or take my hand to help me up. Just before he moved out we went to see a movie and on the way out he took my hand to guide me around some people that were in the way, and he actually held my hand for a while as we walked. Anyway, after about a year he transferred jobs and moved to a different city.
This morning while I am sitting here messing around with you guys (girls I mean) and my phone rings.. it's him. he says he's in town and wants to know if he can stop by and see me. Sure I say when? He says.. how about 30 minutes. I am looking around, and the place and there's piles of laundry all over the floor, sheets are off the bed,dishes in the sink, and I look like crap. No make-up,hairs a mess, coffee breath. It's Saturday, It's house cleaning day,it's jeans and sweatshirt day! So i ask how long he's going to be in town and he says a week or more. I asked where he was staying and he said his parents. i put off seeing him until this evening, but before we hung up I told him that if he wanted to he could stay here....He said.. we can talk about that when I see you. Now I am wondering if I should have even offered?

Leelou
03-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Kelly,
I think it was completely appropriate for you to offer to stay at your place. He's in from out of town and needs to stay somewhere! It sounds like there's definitely some closeness already, with him having held your hand and all. I thought that was a sweet part of your story, thanks for sharing.

Probably a good idea to offer him the couch and see where it goes. Have fun!

kellycan27
03-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Actually his parents live here, I just thought that It would be nice to have him around. Oh and i do have a spare bedroom. LOL

Marissa
03-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Kelly, yes it was appropriate for you to invite him to stay over even if his parents live nearby. He may want to be in town but away from parents for an evening or two.

And of course spend time with a friend. Maybe his actions previously has him wondering where it may go.. hint the 'talk about it when he sees you"

Just to be sure i didn't miss something.. he has seen you dressed? did you go to the movies/out dressed, with him?

it was a cute story you told..thanks for sharing..

kellycan27
03-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Oh yes. he has seen me and everything we did we did while i was dressed. unfortunately LOL... just kiddin. I was totally out before I met him. He has never known me as anyone else but kelly.

Lisa Golightly
03-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww... You obviously like him... (I only go into panic mode about how I look and how bad the house is when it's someone I like). Appropriate? What you do and where you go is down to you... :)

Karen564
03-07-2009, 02:34 PM
I think it was a very nice thing to do Kelly, and quite appropriate, it seems he obviously hasn't forgotten about you, and he does sound like a hunky dream date if you ask me. If I was in your shoes, I would treat him Very well while he's back in town, but you'll have to play that by ear..:daydreaming:

Karen

kellycan27
03-07-2009, 02:40 PM
We have kept in touch, although not as much as I would have liked, and he always remembers my b-day and the holidays. I am thrilled at the prosepct of seeing him, but at the same time I am telling myself to calm down, that just because a couple of minor things happening in the past.. it might have just been wishful thinking on my part. I guess time will tell. I am soooooooooo happy i can hardly sit still. thanks all

Katie Moore
03-07-2009, 02:41 PM
And you'll be fine. Probably wouldn't be the first time he saw clutter in your home. Worst case, make him take you out to dinner. Then see what happens.

:love:

Katie

Lisa Golightly
03-07-2009, 02:43 PM
I am soooooooooo happy i can hardly sit still.

Awwwwwwww I know that feeling :) Good luck Angel ;)

MsJanessa
03-07-2009, 02:46 PM
The worst that could possibly happen is you will end up wanting to do and doing(and maybe should have done) what you wanted to do back when he was your renter---and you are right to think he's interested---If he wasn't he wouldn't have called you.

kellycan27
03-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have a zillion things to do to get ready.Just where to start LOL... Thanks again.

Lisa Golightly
03-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Just keep us updated ;)

Karen564
03-07-2009, 02:54 PM
I say , just be yourself, and let the girl in you shine, and then maybe another night take in a movie & candlelight dinner may be in order..:daydreaming:

Karen

Lora Olivia
03-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Go out, have a great time. Talk about things from there. Your offer of a place to stay was very nice and appropriate no matter how you look at it. You are and have been friends, just the fact that he still remembers you at b day and holidays, says that. Maybe the fact that he called says is maybe looking for more, or not. Just go with the flow and see where it takes you.

kellycan27
03-07-2009, 09:10 PM
OK, The place is staightened up, dishes done, beds made. Got my fingers and toes done, cute little tube type top with a cover up, cute little skirt . His favorite perfume, spritzed into the air and walked through. ( he likes subtle,doesn't want to smell it from a block away, just when it's up close and personal) 30 minutes to zero hour. I am going in! :heehee:

Tasha McIntyre
03-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Good luck Kelly.

I can't think of a single inappropriate thing you have posted at all. Put out the feelers and maintain your dignity, and you'll be fine.

Good luck

Tash :)

Daphne Renee
03-07-2009, 09:41 PM
I dont think it was inappropriate at all to ask him if he wanted to stay. You are freinds and he is from out of town.

Alana65
03-07-2009, 09:54 PM
The fact that he was so friendly to you in the past, he never forgets your birthdays, and he called to see you because he was coming to town, that tells me that he's interested in you.
As someone else already stated, just be yourself and let things move along naturally.........I'm sure you'll be fine.
Good luck, and please let us know how it goes. :hugs:

mykhelee
03-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Courage is a wonderful thing...wish you well.

Karen564
03-07-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't know why, but I'm so excited for you!!! does he have an older brother on the east coast??? he-he-he..
I'll keep my fingers crossed for yeah.. good luck!!!

:hugs:
Karen

Lisa Golightly
03-08-2009, 02:17 AM
Oooooooo 6 hours have gone by... Things must have gone well :)

Jess_cd32
03-08-2009, 04:40 AM
Oooooooo 6 hours have gone by... Things must have gone well :)

Would you say their having pillow talk possibly????
She seems really sweet, hope things work out for her:)

gabe
03-08-2009, 09:29 AM
While it is entirely normal for people to hook up (pun intended) with acquaintances while they are back in town. It is wonderful that he is looking you up, but do not become disappointed or obsessive if he wants to see others too. Have a wonder visit with your friend. Do let us know the ending once you have recovered and come up for air.

amy canada
03-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Okay, so he knows that you're a girl deep inside but a boy in the shallow end, or does he not? Maybe he's into that sort of thing. Or maybe he wants to dress up as well? Either way, hope you had some fun with him. Come back and let us know what happened.

kellycan27
03-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Ok....Deep breath. Here goes.
He showed up right on time, and he looked fantastic. I was sooo nervous, but as soon as we said hello it was like he had never been gone. I got a big hug and a kiss..on the forehead...waaaaa. LOL
We sat down,made some small talk, basically caught up. After which we went to dinner. We ate a nice dinner, drank some wine and talked about old times.
I always had a lot of fun with you kelly, considered you as one of my best friends, maybe even as my little sister. ( not a good sign). We talked about dating, and if we were seeing anyone yada,yada yada.
So I just said i don't really go out on dates often and if i do it's usually with one of the guys in our little circle of friends. You know, kind of like what we used to do... friends. Nobody i would think about having a relationship with. So what are you looking for in a relationship? i guess the same as most people. Someone to love me, and be loved. Someone honest and true,funny and well, someone to come home to and share my ups and downs. Someone who wants to be with me for whats on the inside.
( We talked about a lot of things, but I am trying to cut to the chase as to not bore everybody to tears.)
Yeah he says I could do that. Do what? live in a relationship like that . I am like well who wouldn't? And then he kind of laughed and said no Kel, I mean i could do that with you. He said that the reason he had gone away in the first place was because of me and the feelings he was starting to have about me. he said he was confused, and he didn't know how to deal with those feelings, and that the whole time he was away, was spent thinking about me.
I started to say somesomething, but he asked me to let him finish.
He said I know that there are some things that we would have to overcome, but that he was willing to to try, and that if I would have him he would do his best to make me happy, and he finished off with... and if I have totally misjudged this and am totally out of line.. I am going to feel really dumb.
I said you didn't and i could, I would, i want to.
We just kind of sat there for a second, and I finally said,,, are we going to shake on it. or are you going to kiss me... he did!
the rest of the evening is kind of a blur, but we're going to try and make a go of it. I want to thank you all for your support,advice, and encouragement.

Oh, and the reason I am a dork is that I did this earlier, and it was a whole lot longer, but I forgot to do the "remember me" thing at sign in so I got signed out and had to start all over.

MsJanessa
03-08-2009, 11:14 AM
well you're obviously too much of a lady to fill in the "blur" but I'm betting you had a great evening.

Lora Olivia
03-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Sounds like your dream is coming true. Good luck young lady. Oh and you dont have to completely redo if you get logged out...when the page comes up saying you have been logged out..just log in and it remembers.:doh: Don't forget to keep your sisters updated :hugs:

Lisa Golightly
03-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww *sniff* What a lovely story... So happy for you both :) *sniff* Awwwwwwwww *hug* :)

kellycan27
03-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks Lisa... thank you all. Kind of walking on air and finding it hard to think. there was a lot more said, but i just wanted to give the condensed version as i know everyone is busy.

Lisa Golightly
03-08-2009, 11:53 AM
... i just wanted to give the condensed version as i know everyone is busy.

Never too busy for romance :) xxx

Sophia de la luz
03-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Never too busy for the details of romance.

deja true
03-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Gee! If he's still there and you're wasting time with us, you better get back to brunch!

Say hi from all of us!

Jealous...jealous...jealous me!

*sigh*

(It's just like the movies!)

:<3:

kellycan27
03-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Never too busy for the details of romance.

As for the details of romance I think that there are only (according to some) about 15% of us than could stomach them. So let's just say passionate,gentle, and everything I'd hoped it would be.

amy canada
03-08-2009, 12:48 PM
So, is he going to move in, move closer to your house, or what?

And are you going to be spending more time with him this week or does he have to go away again?

Marissa
03-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Wait...this isn't Casablanca???? for those that remember it :)

anyway, funny how many of us were waiting in hopes to a good end (or beginning, if you may..) of the evening.. like it was our hearts on the line..our relationship we hoped would start on a good note.. or lost love/friend that we wanted to rekindle..

such a great feeling..especially if it takes a new step towards happiness for one of OUR girls..

we are all happy for you and hope you keep us informed as to how his visit goes.. and you may want to start making closet space for when he returns (fingers crossed) :)

Lucky you Kelly..enjoy..

Hugs,

Shelly Preston
03-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi Kelly

I hope this turns out to be everything you want :hugs:

Lisa Golightly
03-08-2009, 12:50 PM
I love Casablanca :) Sounds likes he's a good'un Kelly ... better keep him close ;)

DawnRodgers
03-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Congratulations Kelly. I do so hope things continue to progress as they have so far. I consider you a very lucky girl. Finding your ideal course in life. I hope that you have many happy years in front of you. We do have to try to follow where life leads us and you certainly have. It is not often easy and is wonderful when it happens. Be happy. Congrats again.
Dawn

Daintre
03-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks Kelly, and congratulations. I treasure feel good happenings like yours, kinda gives me hope that the world isn't as dark as we make it sometimes.

kellycan27
03-08-2009, 12:59 PM
He will be here for another week, and yes he's going to stay here. He has the option of transferring back here, which he wants to do, and he could be back in as little as 30 days. I am on vacation this week so yes, I am sure we will be spending a lot of time together. time to get ready! LOL catch ya all later.
Kelly

Lisa Golightly
03-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Oooooo jealous now... lol... :)

Kimberly Marie Kelly
03-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Hope all goes well. And as others said I'm jealous of you. And by the way your'e beautiful. :battingeyelashes:

deja true
03-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Gee!

*big sigh*

;)

Karen564
03-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Wow!!, This is So great Kelly, I'm so happy for you, My heart was pounding very hard as I read about your night, so maybe dreams do come true, it sounds like a cinderella story in real life, and I wish you only the best!!

But does he have an an older brother that's that nice too? LOL
:hugs:
Karen

JoAnne Wheeler
03-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Well, I don't know how far you want this to go and wheter or not you are

seeking a sexual relationship - maybe that is what you both are looking for

JoAnne Wheeler

AvaDawn
03-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I think you did the right thing and asked, thats really sweet of you =]

AGirls'BestFriend
03-08-2009, 03:39 PM
I know I'm new here, but I had to add my :2c:........

What a wonderful story!!! I truly hope it all works out well for both of you... I'm jealous!

Enjoy your time with him gorgeous...........I'm going to keep reading this storyline cause I want to know how it continues.......:hugs:

Lisa Golightly
03-08-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm going to keep reading this storyline cause I want to know how it continues.......:hugs:

So do I :)

windycissy
03-08-2009, 03:47 PM
You played it just right, girl...obviously he has feelings for you, he may be a little conflicted so just keep playing it cool and pretend that he's in charge

kellycan27
03-08-2009, 04:11 PM
We discussed a million things last night, some we were in agereement, and some , I won't say that we disagreed, but maybe have to modify,all and all I came away with the feeling that we are both on the same page. On the subject of sex.... pretty personal, but the issue was addressed and well lets just say that what we decided isn't going to be a deal breaker, or really even an issue. it's all so very brand new and I am sure there will be things that pop up, that we will have to deal with, but we both agreed to keep an open mind, and to always be honest and forthcoming. Not to mention my ace in the hole. A group of caring people that I can defer to should the need arise. LOL

JaytoJillian
03-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Great story, Kel. Easy to see why he came back for you!

Lisa Golightly
03-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Well I do hope things do pop up... lol ;)

kellycan27
03-08-2009, 06:32 PM
You naughty little girl you! LOL

Lisa Golightly
03-08-2009, 06:33 PM
I try :)

kellycan27
03-08-2009, 06:40 PM
A girl after my own heart.

TxKimberly
03-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Kelly, thank you SO much for sharing your story with us. It's a delight to hear a happy story for a change. Congrats tha things are working out as you hoped and dreamed. :)

kellycan27
03-08-2009, 07:14 PM
No Kimberly, Thank you I had to tell somebody or I think I woulded have exploded. LOL .What better place than here to share. When i saw your post I noticed the links to your myspace page so I took a look. (Hope that was ok)
Great page, and some really lovely photos of you. You are very pretty. Idon't have a lot of photos of myself. i am a bit camera shy. it's funny because I'll get out there and get right into the action without a problem, but camera's are like someone pointing a gun at me. lol . Anyway I am rambling. Just wanted to say that i think you are lovely.
Kelly.

Sophia de la luz
03-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Really glad you're having a heart opening. It seems like having a new relationship is wild enough, and then all the gender issues thrown in for good measure. The sex could be a pretty wide playing field if neither party is locked in on a specific role.
Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Golightly
03-08-2009, 07:25 PM
pm me... lol :)

kellycan27
03-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Kimberly

I don't think I'll have to worry about that. My profile pic was by surprise and probably my best. I may have to update it when i am older, just to keep it real LOL, But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Lisa

I kind of new here. How do i do that?

Crystal Alberta
03-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Kelly,

I just want to add my congratulations to the chorus. It's always encouraging to hear when things work out for one of the members here. Best of luck to the both of you!

Crystal

Shannon
03-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Kelly, I am so very happy for you. It sounds as if you have a very strong foundation for your relationship -- trust, honesty and open communications.

kellycan27
03-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Thank you. Everyone is so supportive. I feel so lucky.

Jess_cd32
03-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Oh, and the reason I am a dork is that I did this earlier, and it was a whole lot longer, but I forgot to do the "remember me" thing at sign in so I got signed out and had to start all over.

When you get signed out, go to the second lower larger sign in the center, sign in and it'll post, if you use the first one on the top right you just lost everything:doh:

Congrats, I had the feeling he was thinking just what you descibed about him being a straight guy, yours is a very rare story, good luck.

amy canada
03-08-2009, 11:36 PM
As much as I love what's going on with your relationship, I'm wishing the guy was a girl. Yeah, that's just my inner male lesbian talking, but hey, I gotta say it. Of course, a lot of the girls on here are already in the male lesbian-type relationship, and I'd like to be in the same situation, but sadly, I'm still a single CD.

But let's not turn this into a thread about me or male lesbians. It's about Kelly and her new-found love! I hope you two have a long and wonderful relationship. Get some pictures of you and your man on here! Maybe you can turn him into a CD as well. Of course, I shouldn't be asking you for pictures when I haven't posted any on here myself. But I will, soon.

txrobinm
03-09-2009, 12:57 AM
awwww, gooooo! what a great story! Kelly, I am soooo happy for you! One never knows where the heart takes us.

Chrissy be good
03-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Kelly, thanks for sharing. You always hear stories of situations going the other way, it is nice to hear one that starts well for a change. You are very beautiful, and he's a lucky guy. Congatulations.

erica31
03-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Ah yes a lovely story with a picture perfect ending. Congratulations Kelly please keep us posted.

boardpuppy
03-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Kelly,
Your story brought a smile to my face and gladness to my heart. I can see a romance novel type story here in the making. Please, please keep us updated. The continuing saga of "Kelly, Queen of Los Vagus". I do not intent to offent, but my literary talents (small as they are) just leap out. PM me please.
Hugs
Alice

MsJanessa
03-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Well, I don't know how far you want this to go and wheter or not you are

seeking a sexual relationship - maybe that is what you both are looking for

JoAnne Wheeler

gee yuh think??

Jess_cd32
03-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Since my last response was time contrained I just wanted to add abit more thought here.

Kelly, what happened to you is extremely rare for a cd/tg. From what I read, you met a straight guy that eventually fell in love with you because of who you are, not what you are (and what you have extra)

I'm sure he really grappled with and was very confused with his feelings being straight, that he came to know and love that girl "Kelly" he got to know.
He finally just decided to go for it with a relationship with you because he see's you way beyond your genetics, he seems to really love you for who you are inside.

I'm sure when it comes to anything sexual you both will work out whatever your both comfortable with, but I think thats the last reason he decided to hook up with you. That is why I say your relationship is a very rare one.
I think I see what he does, your a sweet person with a great personality and the like. I'm really happy for you and wish you both the best:)

SherylynJade
03-09-2009, 12:40 PM
That story is soooo sweet. You are so lucky.
It is nice to hear some good news and things on here every now and then. Really helps keep spirits high.

kellycan27
03-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Thank you... so sweet.
Yes he did struggle with his emotions for a few months, but he said almost exactly what you said.... I didn't fall in love with you for what was on the outside, but what was on the inside. he did add however that being drop dead georgous didn't hurt either.( iam sure he said that for my ego) LOL Awwww isn't he sweet. i still can't believe it myself.
So many positive replys, I just can't say thank you enough.
Kelly

Megan_Okana
03-09-2009, 07:28 PM
your story is so cute, I bet your leg lifted when he kissed you

kellycan27
03-09-2009, 07:43 PM
I thought my knees were going to buckle. lol

GINA-CD
03-09-2009, 11:50 PM
I agree with most comments, this is a dream come true and it includes the handsome Prince and... does he drive a Mustang by any chance? I'm smiling for you. Thanks for sharing.

Katelyn
03-10-2009, 12:18 AM
That was a very lovely story. Almost unbelievable. What I mean is it's like a fairytale coming true. :daydreaming: Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I'm so glad it had a happy ending. I will be looking for the sequels to come though. I wish you two the best. Keep us posted.

Angie G
03-10-2009, 12:49 AM
All I can say is have fun and be Careful hun.:hugs:
Angie

carolinoakland
03-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Well I'm reminded of being on the other side of this story, but well that''s what happens when your a lesbian trapped in a male body, it has it's plus' and it's minus'. I wish you well. Now I'm waiting for my turn to be on the girl side of the story. For real. Love you sweetie. Keep us in on what you feel about it all. Carol

kellycan27
03-11-2009, 01:19 AM
it's kind of strange for me too.We hung out for a whole year together, he lived on the same property as i did, and ( i know this might sound bad), but it wasn't like I was making myself unavailable to him. We saw eachother almost everyday.I knew he liked me, but I didn't think he LIKED me .lol I guess now that I look back there some little things. A look that lingered a bit long. him coming to look for me to hang out. Playing in the pool together. then after he moved away. The phone calls to see if i was doing ok. B-day cards Christmas cards.
I never told him how I felt about him back then, I just figured that it was what it was. There was one person who when I told her said... "I knew it,I knew it, i just friggin knew it" LOL . How many times did i tell you kelly? that dork has a thing for you! I do remember her saying it, but i didn't believe it.
today was my father's birthday, so as I usually do I drove over to the cemetary to wish him a happy birthday. I am sure that my dad would have liked Matthew.. well maybe not as my boyfriend, lol, but as a man.
Anyway things are going well. He's not working tomorrow so we get to spend the day together, and we'll see what developes.
Oh and he did ask me when I wanted to meet his parents. I am still thinking that one over.

Lisa Golightly
03-11-2009, 02:24 AM
Gosh... meeting his parents? He is very serious about you isn't he... :)

Alana65
03-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Oh and he did ask me when I wanted to meet his parents. I am still thinking that one over.

As Lisa mentioned, he must like you a lot to take that step........and I can imagine that you're excited to meet them, but if you're nervous about it too, that's understandable. Good luck, hun. :hugs:

kellycan27
03-11-2009, 08:24 AM
I did ask him about that.That I thought that it be a might soon. his reply was. thet he didn't just decide to jump on an airplane and come get me. He thought about it over several months, and in making his decision he thought that one of the first things he should do was to prepare his family. (he's an only child). he said that the first reaction was shock ( i'll bet) then the are gay question came up. some soul searching, one on one heart to hearts.
needless to say they are not thrilled with the idea,but he wasn't disowned, and they didn't say that they didn't want to meet me. I guess that's something.

Lisa Golightly
03-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Sounds positive to me... You've got a special one there Kelly... What a lucky girl you are :)

kellycan27
03-11-2009, 08:45 AM
I don't know about being excited to meet them, scared ^%$*(^$$ is more like it. To be honest I really didn't think about that. it was like just him and I.talk about a reality check! If we do stay together I'd feel much better if we didn't have to hide, but then again if they absolutely hate me i'd feel really guilty if i caused an irrevesible rift between him and his parents. And whos to say that sometime down the road it wouldn't cause him to resent me.

Lisa Golightly
03-11-2009, 08:54 AM
They love him... he loves you... you love him... It will be awkward... and they'll probably think it's a phase... but you just have to ignore the oddity of the situation and hope they learn to not just accept you but like you too... Only time will tell, but it's not something you can avoid, so tighten your bra straps and get the job done ;)

kellycan27
03-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks Lisa.
I am encouraged somewhat by the fact that they raised him. He has a lot of great quailities, and those quailities had to come from somewhere.

Mona
03-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Just be yourself, you are very likeable and sweet and they will see the good qualities in you that Mathew does.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful story!

JakobeMeredith
03-11-2009, 11:11 AM
That's Fablous!! You are getting every girls wish, a knight in shining armor to wisk her away. AAwww... I wish you all the best.

Sammy777
03-11-2009, 12:32 PM
He thought about it over several months, and in making his decision he thought that one of the first things he should do was to prepare his family.

That says a lot about him [all good !] that he was willing to do that and sorta put his neck out for you.

But wasn't doing that beforehand putting the cart in front of the mule?

he said that the first reaction was shock ( i'll bet) then the are gay question came up.

I think the whole "are you gay" thing will put to bed once they see you.

I don't think there are many [or any] people that would not see you as just the beautiful girl you are.

kellycan27
03-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Putting the horse before the cart... Hmmm I'll have to ask him about that. Pretty self confident huh? Or just maybe he did notice how deparetly I felt about him while we were together, and just wasn't sure about his true feelings. As I mentioned before i wasn't playing to hard to get. I didn't throw myself at his feet, but I am sure there were signs ..

Alana65
03-11-2009, 12:52 PM
They love him... he loves you... you love him... It will be awkward... and they'll probably think it's a phase... but you just have to ignore the oddity of the situation and hope they learn to not just accept you but like you too... Only time will tell, but it's not something you can avoid, so tighten your bra straps and get the job done ;)

Just be yourself, you are very likeable and sweet and they will see the good qualities in you that Mathew does.

That says a lot about him [all good !] that he was willing to do that and sorta put his neck out for you.

I think the whole "are you gay" thing will put to bed once they see you.

I don't think there are many [or any] people that would not see you as just the beautiful girl you are.

I agree with Lisa, Mona & Samantha..........just be yourself. :hugs:

kellycan27
03-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Thank you Alana

Lisa Golightly
03-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Putting the horse before the cart... Hmmm I'll have to ask him about that. Pretty self confident huh?

I like confident men :)

Sammy777
03-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Putting the horse before the cart... Hmmm I'll have to ask him about that.
Pretty self confident huh?

It may have taken him moving away and being gone for a year to come to terms with himself and realize he loves you [ya big time, lol] and you are what he wanted all along and he wasn't going to take no for answer. :D

But ya, maybe just a little self confident, :lol2:

Just remember one thing,
It took him time to figure this out and come to terms with it so even if things don't go great with the folks you have to at least give them time as well to accept this.

BUT I don't think that will even be an issue once they meet you.

deja true
03-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Yeah K! It sounded a little presumptive to tell the fam about you even before you knew, but...

...gosh! What a wonderful thing that he knows he can be open with them and that he's proud enough of you to let them know it!

Looks to me like a deserving girl got a worthwhile beau!

Good luck, darlin'!

:)

TxKimberly
03-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Awe, aint young love great?! (ANY love for that matter!)

Sheila
03-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Hun I am happy for you both :hugs:

Your story bought mayn a smile to my face as I was reading it :hugs:

Carin
03-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't know about being excited to meet them, scared ^%$*(^$$ is more like it. To be honest I really didn't think about that. it was like just him and I.talk about a reality check! If we do stay together I'd feel much better if we didn't have to hide, but then again if they absolutely hate me i'd feel really guilty if i caused an irrevesible rift between him and his parents. And whos to say that sometime down the road it wouldn't cause him to resent me.

The words that come to my mind reading this are:

God,
grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

He has done the groundwork, and I think he knows what he is doing. I am happy for you both.

kellycan27
03-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Amen sister.

Sammy777
03-11-2009, 06:07 PM
God,
grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

And if that [and all else ] fails...........

Plan B: Pass the Vodka! :drink:

So do you know when the big meet and greet is going to take place?

You realize you got us all hooked now,
so don't start skimping on the details now, lol.

Lisa Golightly
03-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Yeah, this has rapidly become the thread to read :)

TxKimberly
03-11-2009, 06:54 PM

Yes, because it offers a glimps of hope and happiness. :)

Alana65
03-11-2009, 07:35 PM

I wish it was a sticky titled.............The Life & Times of Kelly Can :D

Jess_cd32
03-12-2009, 12:50 AM
.......Oh and he did ask me when I wanted to meet his parents. I am still thinking that one over.

Well thats good that he already talked to them about the two of you as a couple. I can certainly understand your being nervous, hell meeting parents for anyone in any circumstance is nerve racking. I still remember meeting my SO's parents years ago and being very nervous (as she'd already moved in with me:o)

Just be yourself, dress appropriatly (duh, like you needed that advice huh Kelly).....and they'll see why he fell for you:)
Your worrying to much about future rifts ect... just relax, go and show them your charm and wit and have a great time:) Hope all goes well for you.

Lisa Golightly
03-12-2009, 02:26 AM
TBH Kelly I think you're reaching a point where you and he are going to have a lot of very private things to work through... I know these things... Just call me Mom... lol ;) I'll not be surprised if soon you feel this thread has served its purpose... and if you do decide to go private I think what you've said over recent days has given a lot of hope to people during a bout of quite depressing introspective threads...

Kudos Angel... Kudos.

Lisa x

Katelyn
03-12-2009, 03:04 AM
I've never been into romantic novels, but I cant wait to read the next chapter... er... post. It sounds like everything is going very well. I really hope his parents see you for the wonderful girl you are. Please let us know how it goes when you do finally meet them. :hugs:

kellycan27
03-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Thank you so much, your female intuition is amazing! Phil is indeed one lucky man. Not only beautiful,but smart as well. I would also like to thank the rest of you wonderful people who took the time to indulge me, to advise me, and offer me your heart felt best wishes. Your positive comments, and support have been a comfort and an inspiration. I do believe that this man,who unexpectedly, but happily came back into my life,by the look in his eyes and his very actions does truly love me and honestly would like to pursue a relationship. Your support has helped to give me the confidence to move ahead. That being said, and in order to do just that,I feel that this thread has indeed run it's course, or served it's purpose if you will, and now would be the right time for Matthew and I to hunker down, and as Lisa suggested, move into a more private setting where we can plan for what difficulties might lie ahead. Once again I want to thank you all. I was and contine to be overwhelmed by the love you have shown me and by your support.
Kelly and Matthew

Lisa Golightly
03-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Awwwwww what a lovely thing to say... Thank you Angel *hug* :) xxx

Oh, and good luck to the both of you :)

cindym5_04
03-12-2009, 12:09 PM
I just read this and wanted to wish the both of you lots of luck. Your story is really sweet and you sound like a loving, caring, and sweet girl. You two deserve the best!

carolinoakland
03-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Congradulations.Carol

Sammy777
03-12-2009, 09:40 PM
This feels like I'm watching the last episode of a good TV show canceled way to early yet again by the FOX network. lol

What am I going to do now? :D

Seriously, The best to both of you.

Starling
03-13-2009, 03:50 AM
Best of luck to you and Matthew, Kelly.

Your doe,

LAL

prene
03-14-2009, 03:21 AM
I hope it goes on and on.

I have never read 5 pages with such a smile on my face.

Keep us all informed and Good Luck.

kellycan27
03-14-2009, 03:23 AM
Awwww so sweet thank you.

flatlander_48
03-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Just catching up to this thread. Please add my Good Wishes to the collection!

Charolette time
03-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Thank you... so sweet.
Yes he did struggle with his emotions for a few months, but he said almost exactly what you said.... I didn't fall in love with you for what was on the outside, but what was on the inside. he did add however that being drop dead georgous didn't hurt either.( iam sure he said that for my ego) LOL Awwww isn't he sweet. i still can't believe it myself.
So many positive replys, I just can't say thank you enough.
Kelly

and if theres a wedding down the road just look at all the bridsmaids you could have , im sure theres enough off us who would love to be there to support you, :devil:Charolette

paulaN
03-14-2009, 08:01 PM
I just found this thread and now it is over. Just my luck. I read all five pages with great joy and hope for you. It was a great thread. I felt so happy for you. I am so happy for you (and Matt). What a great story.

Sheila
03-15-2009, 03:41 AM
I just found this thread and now it is over.

I don't think it's over but rather just the beginning, & we got lucky to be allowed to share in their journeys start :):)

Hali
03-15-2009, 08:55 PM
What a lucky girl to actually experience ur fantasies in real life, wow!
I have one rather silly question, can going out with guy make one more girly especially if one is a girly-girl that needs validation?

Tasha McIntyre
03-15-2009, 11:35 PM

You got that right Lisa. What a great story :)

Katelyn
03-18-2009, 09:04 AM

So, I have to know if you've met his parents yet. I Think you mentioned it in another thread that u went to dinner with them, but I'm not sure. If you have already met them, how did it go? If not, have you decided on a date to do so yet? I'm dying to know. Don't worry about answering if it's too personal though.

Linda Daniels
03-27-2009, 01:49 PM
You are experiencing all the absolute wonders of the Universe...Luck Girl! Wishing you all the Very Best...

Linda

karren
03-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Well.. as Rick put it, "here's lookin' at you kid

Andrea's Lynne
03-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Kelly

Was fortunate enough to stumble upon your thread and consider myself lucky to have been able to read it. Best wishes to you, sweet sister!!:daydreaming:

vivianann
03-28-2009, 01:37 AM
All I can say is WOW!, even though I cannot see myself falling for a man, I really enjoyed your story. Sounds like your friend really had to think long and hard about getting into a relationship with a tg, I wish you the best sister.