PDA

View Full Version : Charity made me a cross-dresser!

Lainie
03-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Hadn't been feeling the pink fog lately, but a little more than a week ago I noticed an add in the paper for "SOS--Send One Suit". It's run by "Dress for Success", which collects women's suits for indigent job applicants. Not having something dignified and appropriate to wear to a job interview can block a deserving person from getting a chance at a better life. :straightface: Especially now, people need a little help. So I decided I would purge all my suits, which I never get a chance to wear, anyway!

Of course I could have dropped off the suits in drab, but what's the fun in that? Unfortunately, I could not be completely sure that I would be able to reach the designated dry cleaner and get back before my wife returned from her morning activities, so I wore mannish slacks, flats, & a plain blouse, so that I'd have a chance of sneaking past her if need be. (She knows, but doesn't want to see.) Wore a necklace and more open buttons at the collar than I would as a guy, and put my purse in a back pack. Pretty risky, still--I never have gone out dressed this close to home!

On the drive back, I was feeling pretty frisky, and took a chance on a fashion resale shop even closer to home. The proprietor was a very jolly old man, who greeted me heartily as I entered, directed me to the changing rooms when I asked, and thanked me profusely for the business when I left. Scary, but fun.

So I did a good deed, found a new place (still, crazy to go there) and made a net loss of 4 hangers. What can I do with the extra closet space, do you suppose?:heehee:

tamarav
03-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Sounds like time for a more prolonged shopping trip to me..

Can't let vacant closet space sit too long.

Angie G
03-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Good for you doing such a good deed Lainie. Now all I can say fot the space in you closet is Shopinnnng.:hugs:
Angie

Rachel Morley
03-08-2009, 09:58 PM
It's run by "Dress for Success", which collects women's suits for indigent job applicants. Not having something dignified and appropriate to wear to a job interview can block a deserving person from getting a chance at a better life.
Well done you! :) My wife has donated quite a lot of business casual clothes to this charity. Skirt suits are a perfect example of the sorts of things they are looking for, but anything that a business woman might wear to an interview is appropriate.

I bet you feel great right now, I know I would. You have potentially helped a well deserving GG (one of our role models) on her her way to corporate success :)

JoAnne Wheeler
03-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Whatever gets you out of the house into the real world of shopping - good

story about your experience

JoAnne Wheeler