PDA

View Full Version : stories of emergency responder encounters...

txrobinm
03-09-2009, 12:45 AM
Hello, everyone! I could use your assistance. I'd like to compile several stories/quotes from y'all that have had encounters with emergency responders while dressed (police, fire, EMT). My SO is very uncomfortable with the idea of me driving dressed, and I'd like to have something solid to back me up if (assuming) that y'all's stories will demonstrate positive (or at least the lack of negative) encounters. If you had a negative encounter, please post that, too, because I would like better understand the risks and that can't happen if each story is rosy.

Please include the nature of the encounter, how long ago it happened, what part of the country you were in, and, of course, their reactions and any public fallout from the event that you can share.

Looking forward,
Robin

kellycan27
03-09-2009, 01:30 AM
I have been stopped by the police both in California and Nevada. Other than the speeding tickets I got, nothing adverse happened. It isn't against the law to dress, as long as you are not engaged in some type of criminal enterprise while doing so. I mean you will get charged with the crime you commited, but no added charges for dressing up LOL. Actually in both states the police officers very polite and very professional. i did get off with a warning after asking one young officer if I might get a spanking instead of a ticket.....:heehee:
To be on the safe side I would check the laws in your state.
Oh and you might get some negitive attention if you are say walking down the street while dressed in a way that might suggest that you're a hooker. LOL

sterling12
03-09-2009, 01:40 AM
About a year ago a good friend fell outside a Restaurant and broke her Tibia. At the Hospital they removed all femme clothing, bagged it, and said nothing!

Babs had warned them that she was concerned that her wife would soon be arriving, and she didn't want to be seen dressed en femme. I worked in an E.R. for many years. It's pretty standard to honor all requests from a patient, especially in matters like this. The usual would be for a Nurse to do all of the previously mentioned things without a request. What, you thought we had no compassion?

Peace and Love, Joanie

lisalove
03-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Well this happened in 1989 in California. I was going to a halloween party with my 4x4 club. I was dressed as an assassin (sp). All in black with my sholder holster etc. but underneath I was wearing all black aswell black garter belt stockings bra, panties. Anyways, I ended up rolling my Jeep on the road thanks to a stupid woman who couldn't be bothered to look for on coming traffic and turned left right in front of me. I drove over the back of her car and ended up sliding for over 50 feet upside down on my roll bar. gas poring all over us. The emts came and hauled off in the ambulance. They started to cut my clothes off, then stopped when they saw what I had on underneath.
When we got to the ER, they finished stripping me down. never once did they say anything about what I was wearing. They just put all my clothes in a plastic bag, because of the gas, then into a paper bag to hide it, I assume. beause they didn't put my friends clothes into a paper bag.
Nobody ever said anything about what I was wearing, they (the cops) were more concerned about the gun, which I had given to another friend to hold for me.
Another time, here in Missouri, I hurt my back at work, I couldn't move with out shooting pains. I had to be carried out to the truck and driven to the Hospital. As always I was wearing panties and a sports bra. The nurse came in and helped me undress. She saw my under garments, but didn't even look suprised or anything. She just helped me slip into a gown, turned me over a bit and tied it up. The doctor finally came in, checked me out, sent me to X-ray. The tech asked me if my bra had underwires, if so I had to take it off. But it didn't, so we got all the pics taken. Had nothing but soft tissue damage. I was taken back to the room, talked to the doctor somemore, then the nurse came in, and helped me get dressed. Again nothing was ever said.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Never any contact with them - but I really don't worry about it - just tell the

truth - Just admit that you are a well adjusted, happy Crossdresser.

JoAnne Wheeler

Phyliss
03-09-2009, 03:40 PM
This past October when I had my heart attack and the EMTs came to my house to get me and take me to the hospital, the only question asked was where do I get my toes done. Without any embarrassment I told them where I went and somebody said "cool"
Don't really remember too much of the conversation, I was kinda preoccupied at the time.

DonnaT
03-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Several years ago a transwoman in DC was injured. The EMTs saw that she was really a he, and stood back and made derogatory remarks.

She died. Not long after DC made discrimination based on gender illegal.

Billijo49504
03-09-2009, 10:52 PM
2years a go, I fell and broke my knee cap. I had on a bra and panties. When I got to the ER, at 2:30 am, the nurse was helping me undress. When she saw my bra straps, she asked if it was alright for my wife to be in there, or would I rather her not in there. I said it's ok, she does my laundry. She laughed and as my shirt came off, she told me my bra was pretty. ...BJ

Lorileah
03-09-2009, 11:13 PM
I have worn panties for years and few years back I was bitten pretty bad by a dog and ended up in the clinic. I didn't worry because I was bitten on the hand but then they noted I needed a tetanus shot. That was to go in my butt. I told the nurse I was wearing blue lace panties ahead of time and it wasn't a problem, well except for some reason three other women had to be there to help for some reason :)

txrobinm
03-09-2009, 11:26 PM
This is good stuff, ladies, exactly what I need! Keep 'em coming, please!

Hopefully the incident in DC was a LOOOOONG time ago (80's? early 90's? More details if you can remember, Donna, would be great).

I'm fine with it, and trust that they act professionally with us as with anyone else they help/ticket/etc. Again, these are to help my spouse. I guess she's afraid of abuse first, then public ridicule, something like "weekender gender-bender has fender-bender on I-35".

valenstein
03-10-2009, 08:48 AM
My second night out, I went out with a bunch of girls to a club and to make a long story short, our driver had locked her keys in her car and had to call the police to come open the car at 2 a.m. Six of us standing around and the police officer just did his job like it was any other day, even when one of the girls tried to hit on him a bit. I've known cding police and know there are a few EMTs on this site as well. I have a relative who is a firefighter, and considering some of the awful, gruesome stories he's told me, I doubt crossdressing would even be a blip of an event in their daily life.

Niya W
03-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Had a guy follow me 49 miles home .I had to call the cops .

Cinco De Mayo . DUi stop not fun. Yes I was under , but I still spent the night in county not fun.

Had an asthma attack in my parents house . When they asked what med you are taking I stopped at sprio until l got in the ambulance . She did say I had nice nails .

DonnaT
03-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Hopefully the incident in DC was a LOOOOONG time ago (80's? early 90's? More details if you can remember, Donna, would be great).

http://www.indopedia.org/Tyra_Hunter.html

http://fems.dc.gov/fems/cwp/view,a,3,q,645179.asp