PDA

View Full Version : What would be the ideal crossdresser?

battybattybats
03-09-2009, 03:54 AM
We don't usually get role-models as CDs. Society is filled with idealised portrayels of all manner of people of almost every catagory.

So what would be an ideal crossdresser? Not an average one but one whose at the pinnacle of best behaviour, competancy etc. An idea we could look up to and strive to be like.

What traits would you think idealistic and idealised portrayels of crossdressers would be like?

JoAnne Wheeler
03-09-2009, 01:16 PM
You asked what would be an ideal crossdresser and not who would be an

ideal crossdresser. It ought to be someone who doesn't have to prove his

manhood. It ought to be someone who is well known and admired for his

achievements. It ought to be someone who is both knowledgable about

Crossdressing and someone who is an orator and can speak with ease about

this subject. It ought to be someone who can garner support for all of us

JoAnne Wheeler

Kate Simmons
03-09-2009, 01:38 PM
When I first came out, JoAnn Roberts, Angela Gardner and Amanda Richards were my role models. I eventually realized, however, that all these folks wanted was to enjoy being themselves and, while being encouraging, never really intended to be role models. Therefore, my own quest became to just be myself. I guess a lot of it depends on the person, their intentions and their goals. My personal opinion is that the ideal crossdresser is one who encourages others to be their own person.:)

Deborah Jane
03-09-2009, 01:43 PM
You asked what would be an ideal crossdresser and not who would be an

ideal crossdresser. It ought to be someone who doesn't have to prove his

manhood. It ought to be someone who is well known and admired for his

achievements. It ought to be someone who is both knowledgable about

Crossdressing and someone who is an orator and can speak with ease about

this subject. It ought to be someone who can garner support for all of us

JoAnne Wheeler

I'm guessing here.....

Barack Obama in a frock perhaps :D

Patrice
03-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Hmmm, before we can select an 'ideal' crossdresser we would first need to agree on what a crossdresser is. And as anyone who has spent any time on these forums knows, thats far from an easy question.

VeronicaMoonlit
03-09-2009, 04:16 PM
There's quite a few people who I think might qualify as "ideal crossdressers" or "good transgender role models" at minimum, who post here on these boards. Those who are open and willing to be out there dealing with people, have my respect and kudos. Those who deal with their partners and SO's with respect and fairness, have it too. And yes, those who have what I consider to be "style" have it too. So sue me, I'm a fashionista. :-)

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

StaceyJane
03-09-2009, 04:59 PM
I think an idael crossdresser would be someone who is truly comfortable with himself as a crossdresser. I imagine there are some people here who would fit that definition.

PaulaSF
03-09-2009, 11:37 PM
A bit trite, perhaps, but let me suggest that most active, out, CDs might well consider themselves to be ideal crossdressers.

Relishing in our personal enjoyment of "a foot in both camps," yet desiring to return to the community, some of the joy its brought us, by stepping up and handholding/mentoring the newbies, as well as doing our part in helping create/keep alive an active gender community, where ever we find ourselves.

Being something of both an "ambassador" in showing the "vanilla" world that we all aren't sex-crazed, faux**** pedophiles (or whatever other negative stereotypes come to mind), as well as being a role model for others in terms of our appearence, attitudes, and deportment.

By looking inside ourselves, acknowledging our shortcomings, and making an honest, concerted effort re. continual, albeit likely incremental, further improvement.

I know I might be considered a catty, vain, full of herself beoyatch, but I also feel that I do go a long towards that, fairly general goal, of "being the best woman we can be."

Inner direction/introspection trumping superficial outside images??? Tho sneaking a peek at quarterly Sunday NY Times fashion supplements can't be that bad, eehh???

Fully embracing the femme trait of a complex network of interwoven social contacts, vs. the caveman "gotta win" male mindset...

Off my phioshophical soapbox,
Paula

Nicki B
03-10-2009, 06:57 PM
I'd feel a bit short changed if there was only one 'ideal'?

But as for role models - Eddie Izzard absolutely has to be one and, personally, I like Grayson (Claire) Perry, although I'm sad at the way he seems to understand so little about those at the TS end of the spectrum..