PDA

View Full Version : M.o.t.

Mirani
03-09-2009, 06:32 AM
Having reached a certain age, I have just received a computer generated invitation from my Dr.'s surgery to come in for an "M.O.T." (UK annual test for motor vehicles to assure they are roadworthy) .... A Wellman clinic.
Offering Blood pressure check; height/weight and BMI readout with diet advice; diabetes and cholesterol and Prostrate Cancer screening.

Have to say, preventative medicine is a great idea.

As some may know, I have been happily living en femme with my partner for some months now. In fact, I am pretty sure I don't have any male clothes in my wardrobe!

I have informed many agencies (bank, insurance, etc) of my identity and my GP also is aware (not sure if it is noted on my medical records). Anyway, I called the surgery this morning and the clinic is an "all male" morning or afternoon.
I think I may look out of place . . . .

So, buy some male clothes? ... er no
Wear my least femme op and trousers, no make-up, no polish on my nails, hair in a ponytail? . . . er . . no (cant go out without mascara and lippy lol)

Turn up as "me" and get stared at for a while? .... well it wont be the first time getting stared at.

Call the surgery and explain my predicament and see what they suggest. ... Seems best.

deja true
03-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Didn't know you needed a checkup like that when you were only 29!

You sure that's a recent pic of you in your avatar?

:D

Mirani
03-09-2009, 09:02 AM
compliments always accepted :)

The camera likes me more than the mirror!

JoAnne Wheeler
03-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Well, you have a problem ! You have come to a fork in the road - either

you go enfemme or you borrow or buy some drab clothes to wear - and in the

words of Yougi Bearra, when you get to that fork, take it

JoAnne Wheeler

DonnaT
03-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Call the surgery and explain my predicament and see what they suggest. ... Seems best.
That would be best, unless you need the exam in a hurry. Getting another appointment could take a while.

linnea
03-09-2009, 04:36 PM
call and see what they suggest.