PDA

View Full Version : Living the Crazy Life

Persephone
03-09-2009, 07:23 PM
What happens when two people share the same body?

O.K., I’m not suggesting that I have “Multiple Personality Disorder” (MPD), but, then again, who knows, maybe I do!

Here’s what went on this weekend . . .

Saturday morning – My spouse and I went to our “all women” exercise center for our morning workout. Naturally, I had to be completely en femme, wearing a long-sleeved green t-shirt with an abstract floral print and beige leggings. My current avitar was taken as we were leaving the house.

As soon as our workout was complete I had to get ready for my manicure appointment. My manicurist may know all about me, but “officially” I’ve never come out to her, so I removed my bra and forms and traded my leggings and gym shoes for a side-zip pair of dark brown pants and 3” heeled boots and lower-key lipstick, keeping my original eye makeup.

Since I usually show up at the salon with eye makeup and “femme androgenous” clothing there was nothing unusual and everyone greeted me normally. As a matter of fact, I made arrangements with several of the women to attend a Mary Kay party that I’m “hostessing.”

My manicurist and I engaged in our usual chit-chat as she filled and finished my acrylics. Then, while I was waiting for my nails to dry her next client arrived. Turned out it was someone I know from our religious congregation, so she pulled up a chair for me to stay in the conversation.

I complimented the lady on her earrings and, from there, we just sort of landed in “girl world.” We talked about the tops that my manicurist wears, almost always form fitting with a “U” shaped neckline because, as she said, “I’m kinda small on top and these work for me.”

She also said that she gets most of her clothes from New York & Co. and that they were having a great sale right now.

Here’s where it begins to get complicated! When I returned home my spouse and I had a quick salad lunch and I had to get ready for my next visit with one of my guy friends who is a “muggle” and doesn’t know I’m not “all guy.” He was coming over to do some work in my woodshop.

Quick change – off with the makeup, ponytail dropped to nape of neck, now wearing workpants and a guy t-shirt.

He and I worked together for a couple of hours and then he left since I needed to get ready for a dinner out with some other friends, again muggles.

So, into a polo shirt, dress pants, and a jacket and out for a very enjoyable dinner in which “us guys” talked about an issue I was having with how my lathe was mounted on its stand, how he was doing on a car repair he was working on, and, you know, “guy stuff.” Meanwhile, our spouses were presumably engaged in “girl talk.”

They are early diners, so after dinner my spouse and I decided to join some other friends at a club where an acquaintance of ours was performing.

Which caused the next “wrinkle.” That group only knows “Persephone” (but by my actual female name) so it was back to wardrobe for evening makeup, hair down, dressier top and skirt and stilettos.

We had a great time talking, listening to the music, and drinking white zinfandel.

Sunday morning – up early to attend a gun show with a muggle friend.

We spent a couple of hours at the show and I bought an old 20-gage single break-barrel. Perhaps a bit more feminine than a 12-gage. (And yes, I did fill out a bunch of forms, pay for my background check, and will have to drive 50-miles each way to pick it up after the “ten day waiting period”).

One interesting thing did happen during the show, making me wonder just how effective my “guy camo” really is. I stop to look at some books and the guy behind the table glanced up and said, “Can I help you, Ma’m?” Here I am, at a gun show, wearing faded men’s Dockers, a dark sweatshirt and a Smith & Wesson camo jacket, my hair in a nape-of-the-neck pony tail and I’m still “Ma’m!” Gotta love it!

We drive home and said our goodbyes. When I got in the house my spouse and I decided that we wanted to check out that New York & Co. sale, so . . . back to “girl world.”

Long-sleeved top, pants, and 3” heeled boots, makeup and hair back up in a high pony tail where it belongs.

The store is across town, right about where the Harbor Freight is, and I needed to check something out there. After a quick stop at Harbor Freight, we hit the mall and each of us scored a new pair of pants and she gots a new top. Then we wandered, shopping and trying on stuff as we went.

Afterwards, we had dinner at the local Red Lobster and then headed for home, just in time to watch Desperate Housewives.

Are you confused by now? I am!

Brina Halloween
03-09-2009, 07:50 PM
The poor washing machine.....

Definitely soap opera material.

Maybe you have been watching too much of "My Own Worst Enemy" :D

Lainie
03-09-2009, 07:58 PM
"muggles" :D

nicer than "drabs"... maybe the modern generic opposite of "cognoscenti"

kellycan27
03-09-2009, 08:50 PM
WOW! I am worn out just from reading your post. "muggles" That is soooo cute. I love that. maybe i'll start calling my boyfriend "Muggles" That's so adorable. I don't see you as having two different personalitites, just a very busy social life. And by the sound of it.. you handle it well.
Oh, just one more thing...Muggles isn't a bad thing right? LOL
thanks for a fun post.

Karen C
03-09-2009, 09:12 PM
love the term sorry im sick today and olny had one coffie . what is a muggle. please spell it out im having a bad day .and laughing makes my head hurt more.:doh::D omg its one of thoes harey potter things . im getting old agin .

Persephone
03-09-2009, 11:47 PM
love the term sorry im sick today and olny had one coffie . what is a muggle. please spell it out im having a bad day .and laughing makes my head hurt more.:doh::D omg its one of thoes harey potter things . im getting old agin .

The term "Muggle" became currently popular as a result of its use in the Harry Potter books, but J. K. Rowling did not invent it.

The term has been adopted by many specialized groups, including among geocachers where its use is very common.

According to a very through Wikipedia entry, "'Muggle' (or geomuggle) is used by geocachers to refer to those not involved in or aware of the sport of Geocaching. A cache that has been tampered with by non-participants is said to be 'muggled'."

The Wikipedia entry further reports that "'Muggle' was added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2003, where it is said to refer to a person who is lacking a skill."

Oh, just one more thing...Muggles isn't a bad thing right? LOL

Not bad, but muggles are typically outsiders who are unaware of the existence or activities of the in-group.

Glad you enjoyed my message. Life around here seems to sometimes get rather crazy, this weekend was one of those times.

Hugs,
Persephone

Sammy777
03-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Wow Persephone

I think you pack more in to two days then most of us do in a week, lol.

Your dry cleaning/laundry bills must be greater then the GNP of some small countries, lol.

RobynB
03-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Persephone, I enjoyed your adventure but is my head spinning.

boardpuppy
03-10-2009, 08:14 AM
My head is spinning also but what a wonderful time you had. Oh the time you had to spend on your make up, for that reasson alone, I couldn't keep up your schedule. However, I would love to try.

Hugs,
Alice

tamarav
03-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Sounds like you had a great time, but why limit yourself to just two personalities? Yes, I agree! Shush, Tami is writing. OK. Everybody back in the closet. OK, all right, whatever you say.

Kate Simmons
03-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Hmm as far as "alters" you might say I've potentially got a million of 'em. I've already been Heather, Victoria, Ericka, Salandra and now Arianna but then there is also Jocelyn, Darlene, Elizabeth, Andrea,Allison, Tanya, Marla and Wanda waiting in the wings to name a few but I digress. Half the fun is getting there and DID or MPD has nothing on me.;):battingeyelashes::)

Prissy Linda
03-10-2009, 11:46 AM
What happens when two people share the same body?

O.K., I’m not suggesting that I have “Multiple Personality Disorder” (MPD), but, then again, who knows, maybe I do!

Here’s what went on this weekend . . .

Saturday morning – My spouse and I went to our “all women” exercise center for our morning workout. Naturally, I had to be completely en femme, wearing a long-sleeved green t-shirt with an abstract floral print and beige leggings. My current avitar was taken as we were leaving the house.

As soon as our workout was complete I had to get ready for my manicure appointment. My manicurist may know all about me, but “officially” I’ve never come out to her, so I removed my bra and forms and traded my leggings and gym shoes for a side-zip pair of dark brown pants and 3” heeled boots and lower-key lipstick, keeping my original eye makeup.

Since I usually show up at the salon with eye makeup and “femme androgenous” clothing there was nothing unusual and everyone greeted me normally. As a matter of fact, I made arrangements with several of the women to attend a Mary Kay party that I’m “hostessing.”

My manicurist and I engaged in our usual chit-chat as she filled and finished my acrylics. Then, while I was waiting for my nails to dry her next client arrived. Turned out it was someone I know from our religious congregation, so she pulled up a chair for me to stay in the conversation.

I complimented the lady on her earrings and, from there, we just sort of landed in “girl world.” We talked about the tops that my manicurist wears, almost always form fitting with a “U” shaped neckline because, as she said, “I’m kinda small on top and these work for me.”

She also said that she gets most of her clothes from New York & Co. and that they were having a great sale right now.

Here’s where it begins to get complicated! When I returned home my spouse and I had a quick salad lunch and I had to get ready for my next visit with one of my guy friends who is a “muggle” and doesn’t know I’m not “all guy.” He was coming over to do some work in my woodshop.

Quick change – off with the makeup, ponytail dropped to nape of neck, now wearing workpants and a guy t-shirt.

He and I worked together for a couple of hours and then he left since I needed to get ready for a dinner out with some other friends, again muggles.

So, into a polo shirt, dress pants, and a jacket and out for a very enjoyable dinner in which “us guys” talked about an issue I was having with how my lathe was mounted on its stand, how he was doing on a car repair he was working on, and, you know, “guy stuff.” Meanwhile, our spouses were presumably engaged in “girl talk.”

They are early diners, so after dinner my spouse and I decided to join some other friends at a club where an acquaintance of ours was performing.

Which caused the next “wrinkle.” That group only knows “Persephone” (but by my actual female name) so it was back to wardrobe for evening makeup, hair down, dressier top and skirt and stilettos.

We had a great time talking, listening to the music, and drinking white zinfandel.

Sunday morning – up early to attend a gun show with a muggle friend.

We spent a couple of hours at the show and I bought an old 20-gage single break-barrel. Perhaps a bit more feminine than a 12-gage. (And yes, I did fill out a bunch of forms, pay for my background check, and will have to drive 50-miles each way to pick it up after the “ten day waiting period”).

One interesting thing did happen during the show, making me wonder just how effective my “guy camo” really is. I stop to look at some books and the guy behind the table glanced up and said, “Can I help you, Ma’m?” Here I am, at a gun show, wearing faded men’s Dockers, a dark sweatshirt and a Smith & Wesson camo jacket, my hair in a nape-of-the-neck pony tail and I’m still “Ma’m!” Gotta love it!

We drive home and said our goodbyes. When I got in the house my spouse and I decided that we wanted to check out that New York & Co. sale, so . . . back to “girl world.”

Long-sleeved top, pants, and 3” heeled boots, makeup and hair back up in a high pony tail where it belongs.

The store is across town, right about where the Harbor Freight is, and I needed to check something out there. After a quick stop at Harbor Freight, we hit the mall and each of us scored a new pair of pants and she gots a new top. Then we wandered, shopping and trying on stuff as we went.

Afterwards, we had dinner at the local Red Lobster and then headed for home, just in time to watch Desperate Housewives.

Are you confused by now? I am!

Were you still wearing your acrylic nails when you went to the gun show?
That would surely get you maam'd

ChibiKaiju
03-10-2009, 12:02 PM
I don't know about MPD, so much as organized beyond all reason! Sounds like a great time though :)

Persephone
03-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Were you still wearing your acrylic nails when you went to the gun show?
That would surely get you maam'd

Yes, my acrylics are permanent. I've had them for over 10 years, with one three month exception. They were very long, but over the past two weeks I've shortened them to about 3/8" (~8-9 mm) beyond my fingertips.

Oh well.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-10-2009, 12:47 PM
That is why I don't want to live full-time as a female right now - I always

hate going to the gun show in my heels and gown

JoAnne Wheeler

gretchen2
03-10-2009, 01:58 PM
What I want to know is which personality goes to the gun range.