PDA

View Full Version : For the love of DAD....

PrettyFlowingGown
03-10-2009, 08:21 AM
I went out for first time a cuppla weeks ago, and loved it, and was looking forward to going out again on march 28th. It was all booked in, organised, and I could'nt wait. This CD was/is going places. Until Dad called me saturday night and said he was coming up. He cant get time off work through april, may or june, and he wanted to spend some time with me, plus I get a long weekend once a month, which is the best time for him to come. The trouble is he does'nt know I CD, and he does'nt know I'm involved in a support group, and I go out dressed.
I'm lucky to see him twice a year, so I'm looking forward to seeing him, even if I've had to cancel. The painful part is boxing up all my dresses and gowns, make-up kits, wigs, etc. I've always been told by mum not to tell Dad, cause he's as old school as they come, and its best not to "rock the boat".

Angie G
03-10-2009, 08:30 AM
It's a small price to pay to see your dad. mines been gone sense 1982. Do all you can with him hun.:hugs:
Angie

PrettyFlowingGown
03-10-2009, 08:36 AM
I am Angie. Thats why its not bothering me, as much as I love my CDing, and new lifestyle. Hes 66, and is interstate. Hes down near Melbourne. I love him to bits, so I'd prefer being with Dad over anything else.
I just wonder what he'll think when I'm in my shorts, and he see's my shaven legs, and chest. LOL.

kellycan27
03-10-2009, 10:46 AM
My dad passed in 99', and I would give anything to see him. I am sure there will be other events for you attend. Spend as much time with your dad as you can. He might not always be around.

PaulaSF
03-10-2009, 11:20 AM
I've been fully smooth for decades, and never a comment, or sideways glance, from my Dad- as folks age, they typically are less concerned about appearances, so doubt you'll have anything to worry about. Can always make up a story; cycling/swimming, should it come up, or work the metrosexual angel, some gal you're dating wanted you to be smooth for her, etc.

I got my ears pierced, and then found out that the family was coming over for a reunion, a few weeks later, so took out my studs, and in the course of the two days, the holes closed, so had to get re-pierced!

But as we age, we only have a limited number of visits with our parents, so certainly put the priority there (my Mom passed last April)!

cheers,
Paula

JoAnne Wheeler
03-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Just do it !!!! It is your father. He will not always be around to visit.

Mine died when I was 30 years old. My father would not have approved of

JoAnne. I never told him about JoAnne before he died. There will be other

times to dress - box things up and enjoy your visit with your father.

JoAnne Wheeler

Tina B.
03-10-2009, 02:59 PM
When I was small my Dad caught me dressed, gave me a look I still remember, and said "Don't let me see you like that again" He never did. I lost him when I was in my early twenties, I would give up dressing for a long time just to see him again! Enjoy your visit, with Dad, and go out and do something "Manly with him.
Tina

Phyliss
03-10-2009, 03:46 PM
There will always be more dresses and places to go.
There won't be another DAD.

Spend as much time with him as you can.
My MOM died when I was 9, so I never really knew her, my DAD died in '85. He was angry that he wouldn't be able to ride his motorcycle anymore.

Lisa Golightly
03-10-2009, 03:49 PM
My dad passed in 99', and I would give anything to see him. I am sure there will be other events for you attend. Spend as much time with your dad as you can. He might not always be around.

My Dad died in 2005 and I can only echo Kelly's sentiments *hug*