PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

JennyS.
03-10-2009, 08:28 AM
For the great advice about the 106! I got all dressed and went there last night, met Robert the bartender and a few others. It was great!
When I walked in the door... It was just me being super nervous, but the whole place seemed to stop. Again, just my imagination. Robert came over and said "how are you tonight miss?" Made me feel really good. He eventually introduced me to several of the regulars. Nice people. I actually asked Robert what bathroom to use... He said "you're a pretty young lady, I would assume you would the lady's room". So I did.
Anyway, I needed some tobacco so I felt comfortable enough to go to the convience store. Talk about making me feel even better!!! I grabbed a Diet Coke and asked the clerk for my tobacco product. She says okay and tells me that I look very pretty tonight and asks where I got my shoes! Sheepishly, I told her the Goodwill.
Anyway... It was a good Monday night, thanks Kelli..... Can't wait to meet you and the others in person!

kellycan27
03-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Great story. I love it when one of us has a good outting. Gives the rest hope, and possibly the incentive to try it themselves.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Great post - great experience - sounds like you passed

JoAnne Wheeler

JennyS.
03-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Don't know if I passed or the people I met last night were just freindly. Either way, it felt great. Can't wait to do it again.... This can be adicting, you know!!!

Kelli Michelle
03-10-2009, 02:33 PM
I am glad (but not surprised) that you had a good time. Don't be surprised if you pass. I will say this, though; the bartenders, and regulars are VERY familiar with cders...I go there all the time as do others. So they probably can pick a cder out a mile away. On the other hand, you look pretty awesome, so not sure if they made you are not.

Pretty much when they hear the outer door squeak open, everybody looks up to see who it is----lol. Don't feel alone. Everybody gets the look! As far as bathrooms, there have been many threads here about that. The consensus is to use the bathroom of the gender you are portraying, or at least a unisex one if available. It's actually pretty awesome in a gay bar, usually very few females there, but at the 106, there are sometimes a lot---it's just too good of a bar.