PDA

View Full Version : A brush with death

Christine1953
03-10-2009, 03:50 PM
On this past Friday, I was on my way to my cabin in northern Wisconsin. I was only 2 miles from it, when on ice and snow covered road and was melting and slushy.3 snowmobiles approached me on a curve int the road nad just before a bridge. I'm dressed in a strawberry satin short dress, suntan nylons and 5" white pumps. When I came around the corner, they flew past and I started to hydro plane and was going for the left guard rail over a frozen river and I cut the wheel to the right and the back end came around and i end going into the right guard rail with my left fender. As I approached the guard rail I was looking down 10 feet into melting river. I was scared to death that I might go thru the guard rail, but I bounced off. I waqs sdo scared somebody would see me dressed. I was able to turn around and drive to the cabin and drove down the drive way and saw that the electrcian was stiil there. He should of left on Thrursday, but wasn't finshed and stayed overnight. so when I saw there van, I stoped up the drive way and changed my clothes into jeans and a shirt and tennis shoes. Talking about 2 shocks in a matter of minutes. When they left, I got back into my black satin dress and heels and had a cigarette. What a birthday!

Persephone
03-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Talking about 2 shocks in a matter of minutes. When they left, I got back into my black satin dress and heels and had a cigarette. What a birthday!

Yipes!!! I was scared just reading your post! Glad you're O.K.

Happy Birthday!!!

ChibiKaiju
03-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Happy B-day, glad you made it there safe to enjoy it

jennifer easton
03-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Geeeeeeez Louise, amen to the what a birthday!!! did the car seat have a big bite out of it where your tushie grabbed a hold, whew!!!, and see there all that quick change practice came in handy, so happy to here your safe, after all that did you enjoy the rest of your weekend ? Jennifer

JoAnne Wheeler
03-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck - 5" pumps in the snow and a short satin

dress - now that is bad news in a snow

So glad you survived - take care - remember Murphy's Law - the worst thing

that could happen usually does

JoAnne Wheeler

Kayla Shadows
03-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Wow.Glad your ok though

Teri Jean
03-10-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm glad to hear you made it pretty much unscathed but the question I have, did you have to change the panties? HeeHee. I know I would have. Really though I hope you are fine and Happy Birthday. Be careful as the weather here in Minnesota turned wicked this Tuesday and being our neighbor what we get you do also. Huggs Keli

Mirani
03-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Driving in 5" heels ? ? ? ....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/3245287/Women-in-high-heels-risk-driving-accidents.html

and:

A former model may have killed a cyclist because she was wearing stiletto heels while test driving a sports car, a court has heard.Judge Anthony Goldstaub QC told her she was responsible for a "short burst of dangerous activity" - not 'wicked recklessness". "The defendant, for all her errors, didn't mean to do harm," he said.

"She was guilty of fault, not deliberate wickedness - the fault of serious negligence with terrible and disproportionate results."

A crash investigator confirmed there had been no mechanical faults with the car or bicycle but he added that Hunter's "very high" heels "may have inhibited the defendant's ability to drive".He added: "Apart from the dangers of speed itself, there was the added peril that the driver was not familiar with this car's particular handling characteristics, or what the bite of its controls were and she wore high heel shoes unsuitable for the operation of the pedals."

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
:)

kristinacd55
03-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Wow, what a story! Glad to hear you were OK. There's a birthday you'll never forget

Ðarissa
03-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Wowzers... what a scary birthday... :eek: Glad you ended up ok in the end. By the way Happy Birthday and stuff. :hugs:

Christine1953
03-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey: Thanks a bunch for the kind words. It's a birthday I won't for get!