PDA

View Full Version : Went out last night and.......

Rachel B
03-10-2009, 06:24 PM
I havent CD'ed for ages, had lost interest being all dressed up with nowhere to go :eek:

But last night I had the urge to get dressed. So I got all girlified, did my make up to the best I could, IMO I looked reasonably okay, maybe even passable, but that might just have been the lighting :heehee:

The clothes I had on were a thigh length black skirt, opaque tights, boots (3in heel but sensible and oh so comfy), black cowl neck jumper (under which I had on forms and bra), wig and black mac with scarf. As I like to describe my style as Rachel - Sassy not ****ty, professional not prostitute!

Out of nowhere I got the urge to go out.......Nothing new for me, I've been out at night before, driving etc, but never dared go anywhere public.......Until last night. I just got this strange feeling to go shopping en-femme.

I know night-shopping is not the same as daytime with loads of people about etc, but if it had been daytime when I got the feeling I would've went then.

So out I went, got in the car and headed to the late night store. Well, the experience was, shall we say interesting.....

I needed fuel so I went to the 24hr station. I was a bit miffed that it was a pay at the pump thing, no real people to gauge reactions. And yes I realised that that was what I was after. How strange is that?

So I went to the store, parked up (had the entire car park to park in so I chose a spot somewhere in the middle, which btw had nothing to do with the fact I just love walking in my boots :heehee:)

So in I strolled. With it being wet last night I almost slipped on my first step........Gawds dammit, managed to steady myself, and composed I walked straight to the womens clothing section. I walked past at least three workers who all sort of gave me the double-take......Okay so I guess the make-up WAS down to the lighting :doh:

You know what, I wasnt freaked at all. It somehow felt, maybe not normal, but not as abnormal as I thought it might be. I used to think that to go out I would need to be passable, now I know that is not part of my agenda. I just need to be comfortable in being who I am.

I do need to work on my look a touch more to blend in better, possible better make-up techniques etc, but in all honesty it wasnt anywhere near as bad as I had it figured.

As they didnt have anything worth buying, apart form a natty little black skirt (not in my size) I decided to head back home. On the way out I noticed the girl I had passed earlier heading in my direction with a colleague and when I passed they made it pretty obvious they were coming for a look. I just smiled at them and headed out the store.

At least I gave them something interesting to talk about.....

Just thought I would share my exploits......

Rach :hugs:

Shelly Preston
03-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks for sharing your story

You seem to have enjoyed the time out and have assessed how people reacted to you very well

I guess you are already planning your next trip :D

dilane
03-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Hi Rachel,

Looks like you had a good and interesting experience.

When you're a beginner at out and about, you can be visually perfect, and still get read immediately, usually because of the way newbies move and their facial expressions and how they make eye-contact.

Also, dressed in a thigh-length skirt and boots is not particularly professional (unless you mean the Oldest Profession :-).

That outfit will be guaranteed to draw attention, making it even more important to be almost perfect in thought, action, and appearance if you want to be taken as a woman.

Fortunately, it appears that you aren't bothered at all being seen as a T-girl, that takes a lot of pressure off, I imagine.

Anyway, going out and about, whatever your aspirations, is addicting. Nowadays, I wouldn't even think of getting dressed up and staying inside.

-- Diane

tricia_uktv
03-11-2009, 05:56 AM
What a great start Rachel. If you don't worry overmuch about passing its so much easier. Remember to watch out for danger signals though!

JoAnne Wheeler
03-11-2009, 06:39 AM
Welcome back to the world of dressing - enjoyed your story

JoAnne Wheeler

chrystie
03-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Since I decided to dress 24/7,and even before,I noticed that a lot of the time people see what they expect to see.They look,see a skirt and assume they are looking at a
genetic girl.Give yourself the benefit of doubt that you pass enough to require a second ,or third,look.
Life is to short not to enjoy it so get dressed and have fun.
Lol,Chrystie

Rachel B
03-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Also, dressed in a thigh-length skirt and boots is not particularly professional (unless you mean the Oldest Profession :-).

Hehe, it actually didnt look lady o'the nite.......

Here's a pic of the kind of length, although the denim mini is a bit shorter

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=83943&stc=1&d=1236817193

Plus I was covered up by a knee length coat......And those boots arent my comfy ones, god I need to get more pics done...

Rach

CD Susan
03-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Way to go Rachel!!! Having the right attitude and level of confidence is just as important as your appearance. I do not consider myself all that passable but when I go out I try to blend in and not draw attention to myself. I also try to dress age appropriate and this combined with a high level of confidence enables me to be out and not draw any unwanted looks or comments. I enjoy doing this but I am also very careful in where I will go late at night. It sounds like you enjoyed your outing and that is all that matters.

Nicki B
03-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Where'd you go, Rach? :)

Amy Hepker
03-12-2009, 10:19 PM
It's no different than learning to do anything else, them more you do it the more relaxed you will be. Just make sure you enjoy every second of it. You will be back for more.

Linda Laman
03-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Great adventure. Why bother with sky-diving or bungie jumping for an adrenalin rush? This is much more fun.