PDA

View Full Version : Major news for Kimberly

Kimberly Marie Kelly
03-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Had my first gender therapy session this evening and I was put on Cloud Nine. What was so comforting was tonite I felt so at ease with myself, like I knew deep inside this is the right path for me. This evening the direction of my life has been decided. Now the hard part begins.

Anyway, my first session went well, found out that another TS person on this site goes to the same counselor, she say's Dr. Osborne is the best counselor she's ever had. Decided to go dressed as me, Kimberly. After talking about many things for an hour she say's that I seem very comfortable in my skin and that she see's no problem at this point with writing a recommendation for HRT, but would like to see me for another 3 or 4 visits before giving the letter. She was surprised that I'm already wearing womens clothes at work, of course without the forms or wig.

And on the way home I was "deared" by an older Toll Collector, "Dear, drive safely" Which was the first time that happened to me.

For me my personal time frame for transitioning is, to start HRT by June, and possibly present as a women fully 24/7 by Jan 2010 at work. Hopefully my breast's will develop well as I have small breast's now, probably from being heavier. That will determine when I go 24/7 at work, for me when I need to wear a bra at work would be the deciding point. Been on cloud Nine since 7:00 PM tonite. You were right Michelle, Dr. Osborne is fantastic.

Kimberly :battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes:

GypsyKaren
03-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Kimberly, I am so happy for you, it always does my heart good to see anyone in our little group here do well and be happy!

Karen :g2:

Sharon
03-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Very cool, Kimberly, it seems you are well on your way to achieving your goals. :)

cd_britney_426
03-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Congratulations. I am greatful to hear about your successful visit there. Good luck in your transition and it is great that you are so happy with yourself. :) Britney

Carole Cross
03-12-2009, 01:24 AM
Congrats Kimberly, good luck in your transition.

Lisa Golightly
03-12-2009, 02:20 AM
Awwwwwwww *hug* :) xxx

Joan Merrie
03-12-2009, 05:30 AM
Yea Kimmy, doesn't it feel great to talk to someone, that isn't partial, one way or another.:hugs:

Jenna1561
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Kim,

CONGRATULATIONS! You're well on your way. I'm at the very start of transitioning at work and may I say that in my experience so far, the fears in my mind are much, much worse than the reality. I have some close friends who really support me at and away from work, and that is a huge help for me. I hope you have someone like that who will support you daily, doesn't have to work with you, just be willing to hear you vent, help wipe away the tears, and share in the joys!

I'm excited for you and proud of you - the first steps are the hardest. Good Luck!

Jen

Kimberly Marie Kelly
03-12-2009, 08:44 PM
I will say one thing, leading up to this first visit I was anxious and excited, not sure what to say etc. One thing I decided beforehand was that since it was gender therapist I was going to see, that it would be best to go as Kimberly. I figured going as a man would be wrong, as I feel that I am more a women. Tho I don't fully present as a woman at work with forms, wigs or dresses. My attire is 100% womens clothes. When I went to my counseling session I presented 100% woman. Forms, wigs, pantyhose and heels.

This was to some degree the first time I would bare my thoughts, fears feelings about being "Me" to another human being face to face. I wasn't sure what I would feel like, if I'd chicken out or something, but driving there I felt so at ease and comfortable with myself that when I arrived at her office and met her, I felt no shame, no fear about being me, I was at ease and comfortable with myself. In fact, towards the end of the session, she commented to me, "You seem to be very comfortable in your skin" and "I would see no problem writing a recommendation letter after a few more visits"

Once I am on Hormones my full time presentation at work will be decided by how my body responds, simply put, when I start to develop noticeable breast's and would need to start wearing a brassiere that's when I would notify HR that I will be transitioning. Till then I stay as me, at work dressing the way I'm comfortable.

In fact another milestone occurred today. My direct manager actually works in another division about 2 hrs away. Up to now when he visits I dress more conservatively, because I not sure how my direct managers would handle my feminine styled clothes and makeup. Today he came in a unexpected visit and saw me with wide legged pants, black and pink v-neck sweater with my jewelry and now normal makeup. He looked and you can see him look me up and down, but he did not mention anything (not yet anyway). I stayed confident and felt more at ease than I thought I could. I have decided to tell him about my transgendered status and desire to transition if he brings up the subject of my attire or appearance in future meetings. I'll probably ask my HR manager to be with me at that meeting. If I'm going thru this journey to transition, I need to decide when to tell people to avoid problems. Any advice from those who are transitioning at work, would be gratefully accepted.

Again, I thank you all for the warm wishes and thoughts and guidance that all of you have provided. I love you all as my sisters. Kimberly :battingeyelashes: