PDA

View Full Version : Confused, need advice. My Story.

hellsangel
03-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi everybody as you can probably tell im new here but not new to this confusion.

Let me tell you a bit more about myself.

Im in my mid 20s and iv been crossdressing since my mid teens. It all started when my girlfriend left her thong at mine by accident, i came home one night from a friends house and after a few drinks, and saw her thong by my bed, i picked it up and placed it in my bed side draw not thinking twice about it. I had a few more drinks to help me sleep got into bed and was just lying there. Out of knowhere i suddenly had an urge to try it on, just to see what it was like, after a fair while of trying to convince myself it was wrong i gave in and tried it on. Oh my......it was such a wierd sensation but a really pleasent one at that. The next morning i woke up slightly hungover, got up without thinking and went to the bathroom not realising i still had the thong on. As soon as i did i kind of freaked out (of course i didnt remember why i had them on etc) and took them off. For some reason instead of giving them back or leaving them where the GF left them i hid them behind a cupboard in my room.

Days went passed and for some reason i couldnt stop thinking about 'the thong', on a hot summers night i decided to try it on again, this time though i was sober. i locked my door, closed the curtains and took off my boxers and put it on, it took me a fair while to realise what i was doing, but i left them on, put my jeans back on and carried on as normal. Of course i could feel it, and i also felt kinda dirty, but i kept it on, for the rest of the night again. I woke up the next morning and just lay there, still wearing the thong. I got up to get dressed, went to get some boxers, but something was stopping me, i didnt want to take it off.

For the next few months i went through various stages of worry and confusion as to why i was drawn to a girls item of clothing, it got so bad that i had conviced myself what i was doing was wrong and that i should get rid of it and be 'normal', so i did.

Up until my early 20's i never wore any items again, i often thought about it but never did, mainly due to the fact i was 'one of the lads' always out drinking etc. When i was around 23 i moved in to my friends house with his girlfriend and her best mate. All was well and good. Over the christmas period everybody would go home as would i, however the house mates would be gone over the 2 week holiday where as i would be only gone over Xmas day and boxin day. I came back after boxing day, put my stuff away and sat down stairs in the lounge watching tv, i was bored nothing on tv so i thought i do some hoovering, got the hoover and started giving the house a go over, i went to do the hall way and accidently knocked my friends gf's mini skirt off the radiator, i picked it up and paused. It was the 'thong' moment all over again. i put it back on the rad and went and sat down again, for the life of me i couldnt get the skirt out of my head. Im not proud but i cracked and ended up putting it on, but not only that she had a jumper and bra also on the rad, so i put them on too. It felt soooo right and id never felt happier, the only thing missing was a thong. I noticed a laundry basket in the garage and ended up nosing through that, and guess what...i found a thong, i put it on and stayed dressed like that. For the whole xmas break id come home from work and put her clothes on, obviously i washed them to but id never felt so happy and comfortable.

For the rest of the time i was living there, if i was alone id always dress up, unfortunaly though it wasnt for much longer as they moved to france and i was homeless again, i managed to rent a house with a friend and his girlfriend but this caused me to stop cd'n due to them always being in the house. I didnt wear anyhing for almost 2 years but never stopped thinking about it.

Now though i have my own place and my own clothes. Now here is where i need advice.

Last month i ended up buying my own clothes for the first time, nothing major just a few pairs of breifs and bras, jeans and a skinny hoodie. I come home everyday and put them on, and i feel great. Thing is i think i want to push my 'look' further.

Im quite hairy and iv never thought about shaving my legs, arms etc mainly because i have a lot of close friends that would think this is 'weird' and also more importantly my family who would be dead against this. Im growing my hair and trying to lose weight so i can have a smooth tummy etc. I love mini skirts and short tight tops but it just feels wrong with me being hairy so im kinda put off this. Iv also been looking at buying some breast forms but again with my hairy chest this wont look right.

have you any advice for me?

sorry if my story was quite long awell

Thanks

Mrs. X (gg)
03-12-2009, 02:09 PM
First of all hun do your own thing, its your life....live it your own way, nobody can tell you otherwise.

Second, shaving nowadays is accepted in the most part because athletes are "rolemodels" and do it: basketball, football, baseball, wrestling, all sports...you don't see hairy athletes at all.

Did you know that some countries in Latinamerica "so called machos" shave their body and do their eyebrows because for them its hygienic.

For the whole look in your mind, you have to get rid of your body hair...why not? Your buddies might make fun of you, so what! they'll get use to it and you will be happier.

Remember you first...than a soulmate who accepts you ;)

:hugs:

Tal'Aura
03-12-2009, 02:12 PM
have you any advice for me?

Jolan Tru,

Pretend you are in some sport. Most athletes, cyclists, swimmers etc. shave their bodies...

Ashley Williams
03-12-2009, 02:25 PM
I would just like to say that I urge you most definitely to follow your heart on this one.

If you have the opportunity to develop your femme side, without the complications of close relationships etc. go for it. Try and find a support group near you - not sure how you would do that, and take as much advice as people on this forum can give.

Because it only gets more difficult, believe me. I denied for so long how I really felt about dressing in female stuff that I will always regret the opportunities I missed.

As far as shaving goes, perhaps you could do it gradually - or even try bleaching - I've read that this is more effective as however well you shave, the hair will always come back unless you pay for long treatments for permanent removal.

You can't change everything overnight - and probably need time yourself anyway to explore how best to express this part of you.

Enjoy it - and seize it with both hands!

Best of Luck to you!

hellsangel
03-12-2009, 02:43 PM
hi girls, thanks for the advice.

One problem with the sports suggestion, the only sport my friends know i do is aggressiv rollerblading which doesnt involve any shaving at all.

I really want to follow my heart, but im not 100% sure how far i want to go. Iv not even looked into make up or anything, wouldnt even know where i start.

ony thing i know is i really love the emo/skate girl look as i can relate to that with my skating/rollerblading x

JoAnne Wheeler
03-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Shaving is the way to go - UNLESS - you have a Spouse like I do who tells

me that if I shave my body hair off, then after 38 years of marriage, it will

be splitsville and then the big D word (DIVORCE), all over my body hair - if

you are not married to someone like my Spouse, then SHAVE IT OFF AS

QUICK AS YOU CAN

JoAnne Wheeler

anna kate
03-12-2009, 03:13 PM
My first recomendation, would be for you to find a support group in your area. Tri-ess (think that is how it's spelled) has chapters world wide. You can find a wealth of info on "crossdresser.com". All these things are at your finger tips, waiting for you to help yourself. Just remember, slow and easy does it, think before you leap.
I've been CD since age ten, just turned sixty-nine and I still don't have it down pat. So I really urge you to get the info before you go off on a tangient
Welcome to the world of transgenderism, Anna Kate

Super Amanda
03-12-2009, 03:49 PM
I was terrified when I first shaved my legs, but I was 16. It was so fantastic to have shaved legs! And the feel of everything from pants to bed sheets, to a breeze just felt, and still feels, wonderful! I shaved and re grew many times over the years, always hiding my legs when shaved under long pants as a guy. Finally about 2 years ago, I just stopped caring what others thought as much, and decided to show the bare legs when dressed as a guy, and to also keep my whole body clean shaven. At first going around in public as a guy with shaved legs and arms was scary, I thought everyone was looking at me, but I got over that and you know what, nobody really cares it seems. Body odor is dramatically reduced by having no body hair, and of course it feels wonderful.

Some tips if you do decide to shave. If you don't keep it up, the hair growing back itches like nothing you have ever felt. Also, use hair clippers or CAREFULLY use scissors before shaving, the full length hairs clog a razor after one stroke, and it takes forever to finish.Speaking of razors, it needs to be sharp, like new sharp, or you will get tons of razor bumps and ingrown hairs.I use disposable double edge ladies razors, I used to use my Gillette mach 5 or whatever, but that was too sharp I believe, with its 4 blades, I still use that for my face only. Once in the shower, wait a good 5 or so minutes before shaving, letting very warm water soften the hairs and skin. After shaving EXFOLIATE! This is crucial to minimize razor bumps, and the dreaded ingrown hairs. I use either a loofah or a stiff body brush. Be very careful around your ankles, knuckles and knees, or you will be seeing some crimson ribbons in the water!Try to be wary of the direction of hair growth, and go in the opposite direction for the closest shave. Moisturize asap after shaving. This is the second crucial step to avoid bumps and ingrowns. I use Olay Quench lotion, but its real girly, so you may choose whatever you like. Exfoliate every time you shower, especially right after shaving, moisturize every day, and you should be ok! Dang... sorry for the long post!!! I hope it helps.

iwearstockings
03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Your story struck a chord with me as I had a similar miniskirt experience as a teenager. Oh my god the rush of putting things on after thinking about it for so long.. nothing like it!I have shaved my legs a few times and you know it doesn't take that long to grow back and for a couple of weeks you will feel fantastic. Unless you wear shorts or go swimming, who's to know? It grows back in about 6weeks.
If you're not ready for that then how about buying some tights( pantyhose) that are opaque flesh tone and putting them on under your stockings. Unless you look super close it totally hides hairy legs and works especially well if you're taking photos of yourself.
I am glad you're now in a place where you can indulge yourself, It really is good for the soul!

Oh I forgot to add, if you do shave your legs, or any bit of your body, spray all areas with anti perspirint/deodorant immediately afterwards. It stops you getting shaving rash where you have shaved.

Linda Laman
03-12-2009, 04:16 PM
I shave my legs regularly. No one ever notices.
I used to have a beard. After shaving it off, everyone said I looked younger.
I now use the clippers I used to trim my beard to cut off arm hair and other unwanted body hair. Again no one ever notices or comments.
I live a lot in the tropics and body hair is a major source of body odour, believe me. What little hair I have left is on my head.
Go for it!

Chrissy be good
03-12-2009, 05:21 PM
hi girls, thanks for the advice.

One problem with the sports suggestion, the only sport my friends know i do is aggressiv rollerblading which doesnt involve any shaving at all.

I actually know a lot of rollerbladers/skaters and even bmx guys who shave thier legs. Have you ever tried scraping asphault out of road rash...not fun. Shave em...who cares. I shave mine in the summer and if anyone asks I say sarcasticly/jokingly....it looks better when I wear skirts. Little do they know I'm talling the truth.

StaceyJane
03-12-2009, 05:27 PM
I shave my arms and legs daily. I also wear shorts all the time. The only person it's a big deal to is me and I love it.
I've started laser on my arms and will probably do my legs next or maybe even my face. The key is it's my body and if I don't want hair then I should get rid of it.
Good luck to you.

Dannie Lefae
03-12-2009, 05:51 PM
When I first started shaving year round (I used to only in the winter) friends would ask me why I was shaving and I simply told them that I did not like body hair. I do not like the feeling of sweat dripping through my body hair and since I can not quit sweating, I decided to shave. That pretty much ended the discussion. Mrs. X is right, IF they do make fun of it, it will not be lasting. They may rib you abit but they will get used to your shaving and won't even notice the difference after awhile, unless you make a big deal of it when they rib you. They may enjoy raising your ire...

Good Luck,
Em

hellsangel
03-12-2009, 06:59 PM
thanks for all the kind advice and your right i should walk before i run, i think im just going to take my time and do it when im ready. Im knowhere near ready to go out in public so for the time being im just going to concentrate on being comfortable with myself :daydreaming:

x

Super Amanda
03-12-2009, 07:47 PM
thanks for all the kind advice and your right i should walk before i run, i think im just going to take my time and do it when im ready. Im knowhere near ready to go out in public so for the time being im just going to concentrate on being comfortable with myself :daydreaming:

x
Keep that attitude and you'll be good to go!

hellsangel
03-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Keep that attitude and you'll be good to go!

thanks amanda

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-13-2009, 01:27 PM
If only I had it to do over again!!! Your young and have decisions to make with who you are. Do you want to be in hiding your whole life or do you want to be open about your crossdressing. I will tell you that in my opinion there is nothing wrong with either approach and there is certainly nothing wrong with being a crossdresser.

beenherelongtime
03-13-2009, 08:33 PM
shave

hellsangel
03-14-2009, 01:13 PM
shave

lol straight to the point

DaphneGrey
03-18-2009, 03:26 AM
I shave all my body hair or have it waxed, This isn't a big deal other than I work in a hyper male environment and have to wear a company uniform, I change in the locker room. Once or twice I have been asked why and I just reply because I don't like hair.

Also I wear studs every day and keep my eyebrows closer to femm then butch. I also happen to be bald, I wear bandana tight and somewhat femm style.

My point is this nobody cares!

Having said that we were all new at this once and I understand the fears and doubts.

The life of a crossdresser is a life of wonderful firsts! That is the compensation for all the baggage. Shaving your legs for the first time is one of the better ones.

Do not waste your youth on worrying about what other people think (as many of us including myself have) Be discrete if you must absolutely. But be yourself.

And remember hair grows back, If it doesn't work out.

Satrana
03-18-2009, 05:49 AM
Hellsangel

One day when you are older you will have an inspirational thought. I will do you a favor and let you know the secret early.

You don't need to explain anything you do to anyone. You don't need to make up excuses. You don't need anyone's permission.

This is your life, your body, your decision. When you are older you will understand the saying "Life is too short" it really is shorter than you imagine it to be. There is no pause button, there is no rewind, there is no replay. It is just a single movie on play so stop wasting time.

This may sound silly but all you need is confidence to back up your own decisions. If someone asks you why you shaved your body the answer is "Because I want to" That's it. Say it with confidence, say it with style, say it with a big grin on your face, just do it.

And afterwards....you will wonder what a wally you have been for putting off the decision for so long. All you have done is waste a precious part of your life immobilized by fear of people who don't care what you do. They really don't care. Trust me, been there, done that.

jruiz
03-18-2009, 08:22 AM
Did you know that some countries in Latinamerica "so called machos" shave their body and do their eyebrows because for them its hygienic.

Really? Please tell me which one. Maybe it's time to move :D

I know lots of people from different countries in Latin America, and the macho image involves hairy EVERYTHING.

I'm not sure how is eyebrows plucking related to hygiene :idontknow:

Pretend you are in some sport. Most athletes, cyclists, swimmers etc. shave their bodies...

Didn't work as an excuse for me. I'm a runner, but my wife just freaked out during the few days that I loved my legs the most.

Actually I think that shaving my legs was kind of a "mistake" because it sunk me into the pink quicksands I am right now. I used to have it more "under control" before shaving legs..

boardpuppy
03-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Sence you don't have an SO, shave. I think you will enjoy yourself but if not the hair will always grow out again.

Alice

carolinoakland
03-18-2009, 11:56 AM
ok, welcome. Two, you are the only person who can give yourself permission to be happy. There's nothing wrong or sick about you. There are millions of us, and we're all normal sane people. If doing this makes you happy, then what's wrong with that? There's a world full of people living lives of misery of their own making. You have a choice to be happy. Be in your comfort zone yes, but don't live your life by what others might think about you. So shave, you'll wonder what took you so long. Carol

Sweet Jane
03-18-2009, 12:30 PM
oh dear...you're asking 'us' what you should do......hahahaha, we'll say get rid of the hair everytime!!!...I suspect you knew that though!!...anyway good luck, and like so many have said before me, you needn't explain yourself to anyone....

Karren H
03-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Go get completely waxed!! That's what I'd do.. Or buy a razor!! That's what I did..

Annie D
03-18-2009, 06:45 PM
I have shared this many times: I have shaved my legs for about 8 years now and am currently a high school coach. My legs are on display about 150 school days a year and the entire summer. I have had one question about shaving this school year and when I said "yes I do" the two girls said "that's so cool". Don't wait any longer, the warm weather is on the way, get ready for those summer breezes to caress those shaved legs.