PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me....

John
03-12-2009, 05:29 PM
.... or do we have more dyslexics here than the average ratio?

It's something I've noticed time and time again; there seams to be more transmen here with dyslexia or other learning disabilities than I'd expect given the number of active members.

My mum (experienced teacher and dyslexic) once theorised that seeing as how a lot of dyslexia was related to disorientation, the added confusion and disorientation of gender dysphoria might exasperate it....

Thoughts?

(appologies if this is a little... garbled. I'm two parts to the wind on saki and I'm not convinced I'm making sence)

Kieron Andrew
03-12-2009, 06:23 PM
.... or do we have more dyslexics here than the average ratio?

It's something I've noticed time and time again; there seams to be more transmen here with dyslexia or other learning disabilities than I'd expect given the number of active members.

My mum (experienced teacher and dyslexic) once theorised that seeing as how a lot of dyslexia was related to disorientation, the added confusion and disorientation of gender dysphoria might exasperate it....

Thoughts?

(appologies if this is a little... garbled. I'm two parts to the wind on saki and I'm not convinced I'm making sence)i've noticed it too..there seems to be a range of ALOT of disabilities with in transguys but definitely dyslexia or learning problems

oh and you are making sense

VeronicaMoonlit
03-12-2009, 07:33 PM
I have read that PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrom) is common among FTM's as well, but I haven't seen much detailed info, other than some personal accounts, and that Japanese study of FTM's

There's been some anecdotal reports in the media associating dyslexia with testosterone. You all have probably seen them.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

John
03-13-2009, 04:47 AM
There's been some anecdotal reports in the media associating dyslexia with testosterone. You all have probably seen them.

Well dyslexia is far more commen in gm's than it is in gg's, that's indesputable, and I supost it's possable that high androgen levels during fetal development (often sighted as a contributor to ftm transgenderism) could bring on a predisposition twards ciratin learning dificaltes and dyslexia; even so, I'm sure we've get a higher proportion than even the gm population.

Punkster
03-14-2009, 05:32 AM
Its difficult to say if this is a trend amongst trans men unless we do the research but the indications are that there certainly is a correlation here.

I usually get by with my dyslexia but it is most definately there. I have noticed dyslexia amongst trans women too. Maybe this should be an area of research, perhaps it will lead us to understand dyslexia more, or perhaps it may only show that dyslexia can effect any one, who knows lol.