PDA

View Full Version : What was the best experience you had after outing yourself ?

JenJenNumber9
03-12-2009, 06:38 PM
To complement the worst experience thread.

For me, I told an old friend I went to acting school. 6 months later, her playwright husband had written a screenplay with me in one of the leads where I played a crossdresser. I crossdressed in one scene and was in drab or androgynous wear in the rest of the movie. We shot it in 15 days, it hit some film festivals but it never got distribution. But, it was a blast making it. Not for the crossdressing but for the creative collaborative process of making an indie film.

I live in a tolerant city (Los Angeles). I really should tell more people.

JenJenNumber9
03-12-2009, 06:58 PM
but I outed myself on a football fan BBS where the members live all over the country and world. No-one batted an eyelash. I regularly meet members when they are in town or I am in their town. Only a few people even mentioned it to me and they gave me positive comments.

And football fans are supposed to be macho. I bet there are a few closet cases on that BBS.

Teri Jean
03-12-2009, 10:38 PM
I have no case as exciting as yours but the one thing that made my day was when my sisters-in-law were over for coffee and muffins refered to me as one of the girls and meant it. Since then we try to have a weekly girls coffe clutch together. Sunday is the next one. Keli

JenJenNumber9
03-12-2009, 11:01 PM
I would have been thrilled if it happenned to me.

If it makes you feel better, there was no pay for making the film and it was shot on hi def video. The total cost including post production and fees to enter in film festivals was ~6k. At least I didn't have to pay to play !

kellycan27
03-13-2009, 01:33 AM
The best thing, and this just recently happened.. that a guy that am crazy about re-entered my life.

JoannaCaroline
03-13-2009, 03:19 AM
The best experience was my wife. I met her at a class, and was enthralled when I saw her. After the class I started talking to her and we decided to go for a drink. Probably 10 min after we ordered we were discussing our many eccentricities to include TG. She didn't bat an eye and seemed to enjoy every thing we talked about. 2 days later on our first date which lasted 16 hours, I brought along all the pictures and showed them to her as we had a little picnic in the park. The rest as they say "is history" We have our fights, we have our problems, being TG is not one of them.

The second best would probably be one of the many times when she has asked if she could out me to one of her friends.

The third through infinity best would probably be one of the several women I dated in my 20's and early 30s.

I don't regret any of them.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-13-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm still waiting for it !!!!!!!!!!!

JoAnne Wheeler

battybattybats
03-13-2009, 10:57 AM
I told my dad over the phone.
He shouted in response...

He shouted "Good On Ya!" in pleased cheerful and utterly instant support!

Sammy777
03-13-2009, 03:34 PM
The best so far was spending a long weekend with my sister and going on a 3 day shopping spree for clothes shoes jewerly make-up ect. everything. It ended up costing me bundle but worth every minute.

The close second was going out with my sister and getting a new haircut nails done and finally getting her to pierce her ears.
She was and still is very happy with her look.
Nothing for me this time, but I did go back to where we got her ears done and got a 3rd set of earrings myself soon after, lol.

Lorileah
03-13-2009, 03:46 PM
My first time to Coronation (a big deal in the CD/drag world here in Denver where they crown a new "queen" every year) and I went conservative compared to the 80 pound sequined dresses in a LBD and 4" heels. I had lots of compliments and even some sly feels :)

ChibiKaiju
03-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Don't know if really counts as outing myself; my gf and I went a fetish ball held in the Falls and I decided to crossdress (the store owner that ran the party even helped me pick a skirt lol). They were giving away gift certificates for the best dressed man, woman, and trans...well a pre-op woman won for trans (or was she just a drag queen? I never really found out), but all night people were telling me I should have won :D