PDA

View Full Version : In - Box

Intertwined
03-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Today, one of my co-workers (unknown) placed a news paper clipping from Dear Abby in my In-Box while I was out. :cool:

Title reads " Three cheer for different dress ". This is a short cut & paste to much larger article " DEAR ABBY: Allow me to offer kudos to 'Joe in Pennsylvania' (Dec. 31), who wrote that he prefers wearing skirts at home, on errands and at church. "

Most of my co-workers know I wear skirts, I am just not allowed to wear them while working. They obviously thought of me when the saw the article, but, curious why they gave me the clipping, to show support? interesting.:^5:

http://www.uexpress.com/dearabby/

Jess_cd32
03-13-2009, 12:45 AM
If you all get along good together at work and I'm assuming you do I think their just having alittle fun with ya.

Angie G
03-13-2009, 12:46 AM
I seen the and enjoyed reading it. I bet you would love to wear skirts to work. I know I would but that's never happening.:hugs:
Angie

kellycan27
03-13-2009, 01:38 AM
I agree, probably just playing. i get ribbed a little at work sometimes myself, but it's not meant to be harmful. it helps to be able to laugh at yourself sometimes.

Alana65
03-13-2009, 06:53 AM
I'm glad that you are just taking it "all in stride" and not letting it bother you........I can't say for myself if I'd react the same way. But, as Jess pointed out, if you get along with everybody it was probably just "poking fun" at ya.
btw.......I really liked this one response to Abby.....

DEAR ABBY: I had a good laugh after reading the letter from Joe. My husband dresses exclusively in kilts throughout the summer, much of the winter and whenever he works for my designing business. If someone calls his kilt a skirt, he smiles and tells them, "It's only a skirt if I'm wearing pumps with it." A good chuckle generally diffuses any discomfort of bystanders.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I read that a day or two ago - but I couldn't stop at just a skirt and

besides I would need panties and a slip underneath anyway !

JoAnne Wheeler

Intertwined
03-13-2009, 11:21 PM
My co-workers are cool with it, at least no one has said anything to me derogatory about it, I occationally wear a skirt to work, and change at work before clocking in.

There is one lady, Pam, she always says something like "Men don't wear that" or something similar, never mean, and with a smile, she is good people.

kellycan27
03-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Come to think of it i did have an incident early on in my job, ( i work mostly with men) anyway one day at lunchtime in a crowded breakroom I was getting something out of the refrigerator and one of the younger guys made a comment about my backside. The room went deadly silent, I turned and looked at him as did everyone else in the room. He looked around,turned to me and said Oh kelly I am really really sorry and almost ran from the room. I just shrugged my shoulders and said .. Whats wrong with him? it broke the tension and everyone got a good laugh at his expense..not mine.
I never mentioned it to any of my superiors, but the next day a memo was posted saying that ANY TYPE OF HARASSMENT WOULD NOT BE TOLERATED AND COULD BE GROUNDS FOR TERMINATION.
haven't had a problem since.