PDA

View Full Version : When did you start?

Linda Laman
03-13-2009, 06:18 PM
I started crossdressing at the age of 50. And then it took me 10 years to work up to where I am now, actually passing quite well for a female. Before 50, I was always interested in female clothes and shoes, often shopping on my own to buy clothes and shoes for my wife. She did not like a lot of what I bought her, especially the miniskirts and super high heel shoes, but it took me 50 years to figure out that maybe I should be wearing these things myself. Since then I have not looked back and love being a CD. My wife thinks my hormones are changing!

I am curious to know. When did others start CDing? Some say from the time they started to walk. But is this true for everyone?

froggyspad
03-13-2009, 06:22 PM
I can remember putting on girl clothes myself as far back as 6 years old. I did not know or accept what I was doing until I was around 20 or 21. I am 27 now.

Leelou
03-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Well Linda, I'd say you're a bit of a late-bloomer. I think most of us started before we were teenagers. I'm so glad you discovered this side of yourself later in life. Enjoy!

I started in my pre-teen years.

KandisTX
03-13-2009, 09:24 PM
A Long Time Ago.....
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away...

Okay, sometimes it feels like it. ;) My earliest recollection of wearing womens clothing is probably around 5. (was not a real good day in my life, but I remember the pink panties with a red sequin heart on the front. I may elaborate more on the reason for it at a later time, but not today).

Kandis:love::rose2:

Edyta_C
03-13-2009, 09:29 PM
I have a few pictures of me as a baby and youngster dressed as a girl. It was starting school when my dad forced me and my co-conspirator Mom to switch. Unfortunately, the boy side never really stuck very well. So now its half and half.

JuAnn
03-13-2009, 09:31 PM
I was christened in a dress so c'est la vie.
JuAnn

Karren H
03-13-2009, 10:22 PM
What a coincience.... I started crossdressing 50 years ago!! lol When I was 7... Still trying to master it... misterss it... get it.... right...

Cassiecd
03-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Linda, I think you will find that you (and I) are in the tiny minority. I too was a late bloomer...but that is the great thing about the 50s....you break through the "give a s**t" factor.

Enjoy!

Dalece
03-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Well started young then was not dressing. I'm 58 and have gone full time, except for work and i love the life i lead now being a woman still getting better.

Samantha43
03-14-2009, 12:01 AM
I was 12 or 13 when I discovered makeup, although my feelings of wanting to be feminine go back as far as I can remember. Been in love with everything feminine ever since!

linnea
03-14-2009, 12:20 AM
I began when I was seven. My mother had me in girls' panties before that but I'm not sure just how early.

Tasha McIntyre
03-14-2009, 12:21 AM
I began at age 11 or 12, but (rather sadly) only discovered the magic of make up and hair last year.

Tash :)

Angie G
03-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Me about 50 years ago give or take.:hugs:
Angie

MssHyde
03-14-2009, 01:11 AM
I know I was very young.
I wanted to be a girl several years before I dressed like one and I put on my 1st dress when I was about 12

Meghan
03-14-2009, 01:24 AM
I started around age 6 or 7, imagining my pulled up socks were boots. In the 3rd or 4th grade I started using the color coming off of candy easter eggs as eye shadow and lip stick. No later than the 5th grade I was coloring my nails with water color markers in the bathroom...then frantically rubbing the color off before facing the family.

Oh and when I remembered I had a pillow filled with stockings that I had made at schoold in the second grade...oooh that became my secret hiding place. I had at least three pairs in there that matched!

Meghan

karinag
03-14-2009, 02:09 AM
I dont really remember when I saryed. All the way back as I remember, I liked to wear my sister's clothes. Now I get my own. lol

Shari
03-14-2009, 04:43 AM
I was pre pubescent, but oddly enough it didn't seem significant enough to me to attach an age or a year to it.
I honestly don't know how old I was.

I just know that it felt good and the urges became more pronounced as I matured and then turned into a vehicle for self gratification.

That's still there, but sometimes I can just enjoy sitting here, reading about you girls and simply being Shari.

Jenniferpl
03-14-2009, 04:48 AM
I started somewhere around 8 or 9.

Elaine Lynn
03-14-2009, 05:04 AM
I can remember trying on my moms stockings when I guess I was around 6. Can remember wearing her and my sisters clothes and shoes but never got into makeup and wigs until age 18 when I got married and came out to my wife.:)

Mollyanne
03-14-2009, 05:52 AM
I started when I was 12(in my 60's now) I put on my mom's stockings, garter belt and panties; WHAT A RUSH!!!!! Oh yeah got busted by her, we had "the talk" and she helped me buy the correct sizes of everything. She confided to me that she always wanted a daughter and I took that to mean that I was the best possible substitute This was our secret and she took that to her grave.

Mollyanne

Alisa
03-14-2009, 06:36 AM
Like most, I started dressing at a young age. My best friend's mother and sister would often dress him and compliment him on how pretty he was, etc. At around ten years old, made me curious enough, to try on some of my mothers clothing and you all know how the story goes from there.

Meg East
03-14-2009, 08:14 AM
I started very young maybe eight or so.

crossdrezzer1
03-14-2009, 08:41 AM
I started at 5,, stole my sisters panties and wore them all day,,, progressed every year with new stuff and by my teens I wore every thing my sister had at one time or another,,never got caught..

Georgia Rose
03-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Hi Linda, there are a few late bloomers like you. I started at 59 (a bit over 1 year ago. I have no memory of trying on female clothing as a kid but it could have happened (lots of sisters). I keep wondering why it took me so long to find the joy I get out of dressing. :drink:

kristinacd55
03-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Wow, you started late. 6 or 7 for me so about 50 years ago!

jolanda_trav
03-14-2009, 09:28 AM
When I was 5 years once I wore a coat from a girl next door. Later at age of 12 I realy started to dress im my mom's and sisters clothes more frequently.

tamarav
03-14-2009, 10:01 AM
September 11, 1960

At least some date fairly close to then as I was in High School and really starting to practice. I am still practicing..

matti
03-14-2009, 10:16 AM
I started when my cousin and I switched clothes one day at age 10. She still smiles at me when we are together at a reunion.

Hermina
03-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Tried my mom's lipstick and stockings at around age 10.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-14-2009, 10:41 AM
I can remember back as far as 7 or 8 - but never started creating a

wardrobe until I was 22 - purged several times - went into exile at request

of spouse who hated my CDing - I'm back out to stay now and will continue

as long as I live and I want to be buried in full Feminine clothing.

JoAnne Wheeler

Ralph
03-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Like most of us, I started before I was a teenager... some time between 8 and 12 (sorry, memory is a little foggy). I do remember what I wore, though - I stumbled across a box of my late sister's clothes that my mother had stored away, and felt an irresistable urge to try them on. I didn't know I was crossdressing, but somehow I knew that it was wrong, or at least socially unacceptable, so I kept my new hobby hidden. Somewhere in there I also found my mother's girdles and sometimes enjoyed the feel of those against my body, too.

Had to stop for some years when we moved and everything got packed away to the attic and I had less privacy, then in college I put on my girlfriend's swimsuits and nightgowns as a "joke", heh, still not realizing the crossdressing for what it was but I started to worry I might be gay. My girlfriend put an end to those doubts real fast :D

I wish I could go back in time and tell myself what was going on, so I wouldn't stress so much about it.

ralph

Kelsy
03-14-2009, 05:33 PM
9yrs:)

Kelsy

LadyMirabai
03-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Used to play dress up with my younger GG cousins until about age 6...didn't start again until recently although I'd occasionally wear some of my cousin's (different cousin) clothes when I'd stay with her and her parents when I was in middle and high school.

Margaret
03-14-2009, 05:44 PM
My earliest recollections are at 4 years old trying on a girls slip. However it wasn't until I was 12 or 13 that I discovered my mother's open bottomed corselet and stockings. I still love them today!

RWillow
03-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Somewhere between 6 & 7 found a pair of my mother's old panties in the rag bag, tried them on and haven't stopped since. Slowed down a few times over the years but have never stopped even though for many years it seemed very wrong to me.

Renyta

Jennifer Marie P.
03-14-2009, 07:46 PM
When I was 10 years old I started crossdressing when I put on my first dress and makeup when I was with my girlfriend and she loved it.

Tracy46
03-14-2009, 07:49 PM
At 10 Years old I was looking thru the Sears catalog and found the lingerie section and that afternoon I was in my moms room watching her getting dressed for the evening with my dad and was amazed at how she looked just like the models in the catalogs (Just a note I was not attracted to my mom it was the lingerie that caught my eye) and once they left I started playing with her lingerie the soft and silky feelings against my body was all it took..

I dressed up in-front of the mirror just like her and wow I looked great and felt so relaxed as well excited at that point I was stealing well borrowing my moms lingerie and dressing in my room at night.

From that point I have not stopped.

At 46 I'm still dressing and have a draw full of different color panties as well slips and camisoles that I wear under my man cloths. Then on those special days where no one is home get fully dressed in special outfits that I have bought.. Sorry I tend to ramble.. :)

inquisitiv
03-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Had to be about 6 or 7. I was fascinated with my mother's makeup vanity, and tried her lipstick and powder. My attention quickly progressed to the stiletto pumps and stockings and foundation wear.

Linda Laman
03-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Oh dear! I do feel like the odd one out. Most people seem to have got the urge before they could even spell "skirt"!

When I was about 5, my cousin, who was a little older than me and a bit of a bully, made me put on one of her dresses. I hated it at the time - so what changed?

Must have been me.

Lisa O
03-15-2009, 12:07 AM
I was 4 and tried on my older sister's top. Got it all buttoned up then had a wee panic attack and couldn't get them undone!

Next episode I remember is aged 7 wearing tights in a school play and loving it!

40 years later still cding and still do not know why!

mjryo
03-15-2009, 12:40 AM
Can't remember the exact age, but I know it had to be before 9-10 because I went visited my Dad around that age and was upset my stepsister's clothes were too big for me to try on! She was a year younger but a few sizes too big and I tried sneaking a couple skirts...unfortunately I'm still sneaking around!

Trinity K
03-15-2009, 12:47 AM
hello i started dressing around 6-7 and now i am 37. and loven it ever sence

CD Susan
03-15-2009, 01:22 AM
My earliest recollection of crossdressing was at the age of 5. I am 61 now so that was 56 years ago. I think it is safe to assume I am not going to ever stop doing this.

ArleneRaquel
03-16-2009, 02:21 AM
I started in around 1954 - 55 - there is NO going back !:eek:

JamieToo
03-16-2009, 05:54 AM
I started at the age of twelve with a single pair of my sister's pantyhose. Soon after that I was dressing in complete outfits. Surprisingly, when I was finally out on my own, I dressed very little; mostly because I had been pursuing one GG or another. I really regret not having explored crossdressing more when I was single. I trully believe that my life would have taken a much different path had I had the knowledge that there were many other girls out there like me.

Slip Affinity
03-16-2009, 06:14 AM
For me, I guess it was somewhere around the age of 5. A neighbor girl and I switched underpants. Of course we got busted but I was hooked from that moment on. After that, I discovered things in mom's "rag bag" and that's where my collection started. All that was over 55 yrs ago and I still enjoy my dressing time.

shannonFL
03-16-2009, 06:27 AM
In my mind, I began in my early teens, began experimenting in my twenties,
career, courtship, marriage etc., all consumed most of me, purged, purged again, swore it off , then incremental acceptance, with lots of help from the web, resources such as this, and special people like you, I can finally co-exist with my male side. A little envious of girls with a life outside of the closet, or with participating S.O.'s.

Teri Jean
03-16-2009, 06:28 AM
Linda it is good to hear from a sister from down under. I started at 58 with my wifes passing, not totally related, and have been pretty much able to really dress when I want. I have always checked the women's sections of catalogs and advertisements. I experimented for years with panties and nylons and early in life I had a little red dress that I fell in love with. Now 60, I have finally figured out I love dressing and do so with each day.

Keli

ladyinblack
03-20-2009, 11:45 AM
I started when iwas about 10 or 12.I kept on dressing from time to time when ever iwas able to ilove the way i fell when iam dressed iwish i was able to do it all the time

immike
03-20-2009, 11:50 AM
I started when iwas about 10 or 12.I kept on dressing from time to time when ever iwas able to ilove the way i fell when iam dressed iwish i was able to do it all the time
I started at age 13,after walking into mothers closet&trying on one of her dresses&a pair
of heels.I got bold&took a fresh,unopened pkg of pantyhose out of mothers drawer,put
them on&continued to try on all her dresses,soon I was wearing her skirts,blouses,tops,
shoes,heels,all of her business suits,including her short skirtsuits&pantsuits

Jess_cd32
03-20-2009, 01:39 PM
At 7-8 y/o for me

EricaDoll
03-20-2009, 02:22 PM
I was about 12, I think. Basically it started as a desire to be someone else, and it morphed and twisted to where I am today.:daydreaming:

-Erica

Tomara
03-20-2009, 03:44 PM
I was about 6 years old when I tried on my older sisters bra for the first time , wow 48 years ago !
:heehee: Tomara