PDA

View Full Version : Finally unchained from the closet

Tasha McIntyre
03-14-2009, 01:23 AM
Now that the adrenaline dump is over and the nerves have settled - I can finally post this thread!

A couple of days ago I had several hours during the day to kill, so predictably out came the make up kit and wig and a half a dozen outfits. I was very happy with the result and settled down to watch a DVD when I was smacked by this sudden mad urge :eek: to get out and about. I've read a few threads recently about first time out, this must have been playing in my mind.

Now this is totally out of character for me, and I have no illusions of passing anytime, anywhere unless I am totally quiet in a very very dark room, but from a distance, behind tinted car windows.... hmmmm might just get away with it. Anyway I did it, went out for a drive.

There was lots of traffic and red light stoppages, but after 5 minutes of terror the world was still intact. Confidence booming the windows came down (beautiful post summers day here is Brisbane, or Brisvegas / Brisneyland as we sometimes call it). Loads of other drivers saw me full on, but not an eyebrow was raised. I guess it's like I have read so often here, people ore generally so wrapped up in their own lives they just don't notice....or give a toss!

I even got caught up in the moment to such an extent that I thought of getting out of the car and going for a wander around, but chickened out :doh: Maybe next time

Now I know this little adventure that ain't much compared to a lot of the girls on here, but holy %$#@, sure was an adrenaline filled thrill ride for moi.

Maybe I'll have to soon change my :chained: chained to the closet to slightly unchained!

Had a couple of :drink: that night to calm the racing ticker!

Cheers

Tash :)

kay_jessica
03-14-2009, 05:08 AM
Congratulations on breaking the chain. Don't you dare repair it!

Now that the adrenaline dump is over and the nerves have settled - I can finally post this thread!........................................... ............
There will always be moments even after years of going out where something will trigger that rush, but as time goes by it becomes less intense.

Now this is totally out of character for me, and I have no illusions of passing anytime, anywhere unless I am totally quiet in a very very dark room, but from a distance, behind tinted car windows.... hmmmm might just get away with it. Anyway I did it, went out for a drive.

Now I wish people on this forum would refrain from spouting such rediculous and unbeleivable jibberish. Tahsa from what I see of your profile pic and the pics in your album you don't need to hide in dark corners or rely on distance. You look remarkably passable to me.

There was lots of traffic and red light stoppages, but after 5 minutes of terror the world was still intact. Confidence booming the windows came down (beautiful post summers day here is Brisbane, or Brisvegas / Brisneyland as we sometimes call it). Loads of other drivers saw me full on, but not an eyebrow was raised. I guess it's like I have read so often here, people ore generally so wrapped up in their own lives they just don't notice....or give a toss!
But why would they think anything other. People see what they expect to see. You were an attractive young lady in a car. Nothing unusual about that.

I even got caught up in the moment to such an extent that I thought of getting out of the car and going for a wander around, but chickened out :doh: Maybe next time

You will

Now I know this little adventure that ain't much compared to a lot of the girls on here, but holy %$#@, sure was an adrenaline filled thrill ride for moi.
We all started on little adventures, but they soon grew to massive expiditions. Now sometimes its is not just days but weeks at a time. Eventually, you'll be going to your local shop as Tasha and nobody will care.

Maybe I'll have to soon change my :chained: chained to the closet to slightly unchained!
Once the chain is broke you can't easily replace the link. So you may as well send it away for scrap metal recylcling and don't bother geting a new one

Hugs

Kay

Shari
03-14-2009, 05:14 AM
I can relate to that going fully dressed and then driving to a halloween party years ago. My wife and I both went as streetwalkers.
It was thrilling and very exciting for me too.
A little tough driving a standard shift with high heels, but I managed.

She didn't have a clue how much fun it was for me until almost 30 years later when I finally came out to her.
Sadly, that was my only experience dressed and out to the world.

Good for you. I wish I had the crust to do it again.

Phyliss
03-14-2009, 05:28 AM
Good on ya Tasha.

Once "The Chain" has been broken and "The Bell" has been rung you can't fix it or UNring it.

Keep going out. A short drive only, shall soon become a longer drive and lead to getting out of the auto. Then it'll be wandering the shopping area. Finally it'll end up with actually shopping, buying, and even speaking to other people.

Freedom to be who you want to be is a wonderful thing.

Mollyanne
03-14-2009, 05:42 AM
Good for you girl, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!

Mollyanne

RobynB
03-14-2009, 06:06 AM
Congradulations Tasha.

Joy Carter
03-14-2009, 06:36 AM
Welcome to the club girlie. :D

Gabrielle Hermosa
03-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Good for you, Tasha! :)

I'm only out to my wife and never been outside my house en femme, so I live vicariously though you brave girls who get out and post about it.

I sometimes mentally put myself into the heels of the girl telling the story and pretend it was my own outing.

One of these days, it will be my turn to post about this. One of these days. :daydreaming:

JoAnne Wheeler
03-14-2009, 07:37 AM
Chains are made to be broken - especially if the chain is preventing you (us)

from experiencing our true inner selves.

JoAnne Wheeler

RobertaM
03-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Tasha,
I can totally relate your recent adventures, they sound very similiar to mine. Your look is awesome, I think cute. Go for it , have fun, find balance.
xoxo Roberta

Annie D
03-14-2009, 09:25 AM
You look terrific so now that you have experienced the joy and excitement that being out can bring why not try "baby steps"? If you have a gas credit card why not go and put some gas into your car? Why not get up early one morning and go buy yourself a donut? Environments that host few people at a time can work to give you the confidence to become braver. Don't worry about your voice, just soften it a bit and you'll be fine.

I am happy for you, don't wait too long to go out again; the longer you wait the harder it becomes again. Good job and good luck!

Di
03-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Wonderful !!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Happy for you and remember it only matters what you need or feel you want to do...it is not a race so do not compare yourself what others do. WTG :D

kellycan27
03-14-2009, 09:40 AM
You mean to say that you didn't turn to stone? Nothing bad happened to you? OMG...LOL it's like a drug....you do a little more each time and suddenly WHAM! you're addicted. Excellent story! Stand up and take a bow... you deserve it. Ok who's next?

Sara Jessica
03-14-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm very happy for you Tasha! I can totally picture you pulling off the out-and-about thing, you seem to have the right look and demeanor. Absolute confidence is surely not far behind...then lookout, the world will be your oyster!

StephanieT
03-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Way to go. With each new adventure, you will discover that most of your fears were for nothing. Keep us posted on your new adventures.

Ralph
03-14-2009, 11:28 AM
I guess it's like I have read so often here, people ore generally so wrapped up in their own lives they just don't notice....or give a toss!

Almost certainly the latter. *most* people are too polite to react, but unless you have exceptionally delicate features that could pass even without makeup, people know at a glance.

Which is fine if you're OK with it, but don't let the lack of obvious reaction lull you into believing people don't notice. When... not if... there is a harsh negative reaction, you need to be mentally and emotionally prepared to deal with it.

ralph

TxKimberly
03-14-2009, 11:56 AM
"Aint much"??!! I think your deeply confused. That very first step that you just took is by far the very hardest step you will ever take. Now here is the good news / bad news part of it. I guarantee you that now that you have been out in the world, it is going to draw you and call to you. Every time you get "dressed" your going to stare at that damn door with your heart pounding and you ARE going to go through that door again. :)
Oh, and that urge you have already had to get out of the car and interact with the world? That's going to get worse - LOTS worse. Eventally it will get so strong that it will over come your fear and you WILL do it.
Welcome to the fresh air!

Ih - one more thing. While it's a bit hard to tell from an itty bitty avatar, what I can see of you looks a good deal more passable than you think. You have to remember that even most GG's are not the flawless and perfect hollywood hotties. They come in all shapes and sizes, just like you and I.

Kathi Lake
03-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Congrats Tasha!

I hoped/knew this day would come. As others have said, you are young. You are pretty. You are passable. Now that the chain has been broken, take it slow. Add a little here, a little there, and before you know it, you'll wonder why you hesitated for so long.

Kathi

Teri Jean
03-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Tasha,
Beautiful, and as Kim said it only gets worse, the desire to get out. Have fun dear and keep safe. There are a lot of crazy drivers out there. Keli

Kelsy
03-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Tasha, don't underestimate yourself! if your avatar is any indication of what you look like I think you may be worried a lil to much! you're a brave girl and congrats sweety, well done!!

kelsy:hugs:

Tasha McIntyre
03-15-2009, 01:13 AM
Thank you very much to all those that read this thread, and a special thanks to those that posted replies :)

As a couple of you have predicted, the 'call of the wild' is getting stronger. I have no doubt that I will be mixing it properly out there pretty soon. In fact, after all of the positive comments (yeah I know they are sugar coated - to quote a recent thread) I can hardly wait.
I will post a follow up when I further break free from the shackles :daydreaming:

Cheers

Sally2005
03-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Congratulations! From your avitar I think you will do fine. It is a big step, but it gets easier and then you realize it is not a problem and it becomes more enjoyable.

GINA-CD
03-15-2009, 02:11 AM
Tasha, everyone is right here, it's addictive and you want more every time you dress. First step is the hardest and when you finally take it, you find out you were too worried about nothing. It's happened to all of us who took that step.

BUT BEWARE! I do reckon some comments are a little bit "out there", some girls say it's easier each time and the next thing you know, they will be telling you it's even easy to fly en femme !!!! :heehee:

AliceJaneInNewcastle
03-15-2009, 02:37 AM
Congrats Tasha.

Judging by your photos on your Tranny Radio profile, I'd say that you'll have no trouble going out in public. All that you need is confidence, and the only way to get that is to take gradually bigger and bigger trips out into the world.

Jess_cd32
03-17-2009, 12:26 AM
............ Ok who's next?

Don't look at me!:eek:
I'm in enough sh*t with my SO already:heehee:.....but we're working it out:)
Way to go Tasha! hope you can continue to get out more, its called freedom.....and sometimes its not an easy thing to first experience but once you do you'll only want more.
Just keep the pink fog under your control and you'll be fine.

That took alot of guts to do, glad you broke that chain, now you'll need a new signature smiley, hows this for starters:drink::thumbsup:

Sweet Jane
03-17-2009, 12:40 AM
hahaha...oh dear, it'll never be the same....the closet just got so much larger...well done!!..i get to brisbane alot,who knows, one day maybe our paths will cross....fortitude valley is really quite accepting!!

Suzy_French
04-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi Tash,

If your ever looking for some moral support maybe we could go together........I have never been in public before dressed, and perhaps I need to buy a new blouse for the job...nothing too racy now......but the desire is strong. I don't know if I'm all that convincing (square shoulders etc), but I think I make up pretty good.

Suzy

msginaadoll
04-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Isnt it great to get out and see the world. In some ways it does get addicting. And you definitely do look lovely. I always say who knows who passes, and maybe who cares. Its just nice to break the chains and be!!!!

Miranda09
04-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Way to go Tasha. We're all proud of you!