PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have a voice training script?

trever_zander
03-14-2009, 03:53 AM
So, I've been digging through all of the old posts and there is a lot of very helpful information about voice training. There are quite a few links to videos (which have helped quite a bit) and tips and advice from many of you. I want to say thanks for all of the great information but there seems to be a blind spot left in all of the sources I have seen.

Tangent; I have a 2 hour round-trip commute every day, and have quite a bit of free time to myself while driving to and from work every day. This gives me substantial time to do my voice training, seeing as how nobody can hear me while the windows are rolled up and I'm driving. This is especially true since I'm usually wearing my hands-free headset while I'm talking, which just looks like I'm having a regular old conversation.

My problem is, however, that I am just not a very great conversationalist, and I have quite a hard time developing things to talk about on my drive. It's not that I'm focused on work, I just don't really have anything to talk to myself about. So, finally, the question I'm trying to ask is, where can I find a “script” that would help me with my voice training. Something like the classic “The rain in spain...” dialog from My Fair Lady, but a little longer, and one which would exercise a little broader voice control. I think it would be easier to develop a proper voice I have the same set of dialog to practice on for a while. Rinse, repeat.

If anybody can recommend a “script”, or can dig one up they may have, or have used that would be super fantastic.

Joy Carter
03-14-2009, 06:50 AM
Check You Tube. There are some really good TS sisters who speak unbelievably feminine. Just do a search on "Transsexual Voice", that might get you there. Keep us posted as to how your doing.