PDA

View Full Version : Hotel check-in en femme???

Sara Jessica
03-14-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi everyone! I'm taking an out of town trip soon and would like to hear about experiences anyone has had checking into their hotels while presenting as female. Good or bad, please share. Thanks so much!!! :)

kay_jessica
03-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Well I seem to just get treated like a normal guest - hey I am normal. My money is as good as any one elses regardless of what I'm wearing. Though I do tend to dress as one would expect one to dress whilst traveling.

Besides, given todays financial climate I recckon you could check in to most hotels wearing what you want so long as it was appropriate and decent.

Hugs

Kay

JoAnne Wheeler
03-14-2009, 10:42 AM
I haven't YET, but I plan to

JoAnne Wheeler

Kathleengurl
03-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Hotels are in the hospitality business. The employees are graded on their ability to be courteous, polite, and discrete.

You'll be fine... if you are the same.

V/R --k

Sarah...
03-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi Sara. I've checked in en femme before. It seemed quite easy:

1) Be your usual confident self.
2) Tell the receptionist you'd like to book in.
3) Let her / him do the work they need to do.
4) Say, "thank you" and head up to your room.
5) Get yer glad rags on.
6) Go out :)

Sarah...

TxKimberly
03-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Sara, no exaggeration - I've done it at least two dozen times (I travel a lot for my job).
Not a single bad experience or even dirty look. Go for it. ;-)

Holly
03-14-2009, 12:41 PM
I defer to the advice offered by our resident travel queen, KimberlyTx. But my experience is the same as hers... it's no big deal.

Marlena_Sparkles
03-14-2009, 12:52 PM
I plan to do the same in a week or two. I don't anticipate any issues. I have learned to act like you've done it before & it usually works out fine.

Sara Jessica
03-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Sara, no exaggeration - I've done it at least two dozen times (I travel a lot for my job).

And I was hoping you'd respond, thank you!!! I knew you'd have nothing but positive to report.

sue ellan
03-14-2009, 02:30 PM
i have only done it once and did not have any problems. the desk clerk
(a guy)
didnt give me any indication that i was a crossdresser. i think that the whole
secert is go into any place like you own the palce. hold your head high with a
lots of confidence. you will be ok. have fun and enjoy yourself.

sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

TxKimberly
03-14-2009, 03:02 PM
i have only done it once and did not have any problems. the desk clerk
(a guy)
didnt give me any indication that i was a crossdresser. i think that the whole
secert is go into any place like you own the palce. hold your head high with a
lots of confidence. you will be ok. have fun and enjoy yourself.

sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

That pretty much IS the deal. If you act like it's no big deal, so will they.

Sam-antha
03-14-2009, 03:26 PM
In a nutshell, it is just like buying anything else. This time you are hiring a room. That is the only difference to a shop in the mall.
Mind the first time seems rather different.

~Samm

Carin
03-14-2009, 06:17 PM
If you are nervous about it, book ahead of time and tell them that you are transgendered and will be checking in as Miss Sara .... It gives them am opportunity to make you feel welcome and not caught off guard.

The response I got after checking in was, Thank you ma'am. Enjoy your stay.

Jennifer Marie P.
03-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Go for it Ive done it a few times just give them your femmine name when you make reservations and nobody cares.

rebeccacd
03-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Hey! I say go for it!! :) I have had nothing but positive experiences! It's always such a rush going out en femme in public! hehe..let me know how it goes:)
Good Luck,
Rebecca

linnea
03-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Although I have done this only a few times, I have had no problems. I agree with the others who have commented that it is partly a matter of the hotels/motels being in the hospitality business and partly a matter of CDs to go about it in a confident way, expecting what anyone else expects--hospitality.
On my first few times, I did call ahead just to check the waters. It probably helped, but I don't think that it's necessary any more.

kymberlyjean
03-14-2009, 10:35 PM
I've checked into and out of several hotels, boarded planes and ships, rented cars and a whole host of shopping and never had any "real" problems. Now I say real problems because i've been called "sir" a couple times and the only problem with that is it crushes your ego a bit, and shows the true caliber of person you are dealing with. Take these times as an opportunity to educate them that those of us who go out presenting as women often prefer to be addressed as women. This is especially true with service personnel who make money from tips. Sometimes a little education will either dispell their ignorance or let it shine on through!!
However, in all my travels I've noticed an easy way to spot TG friendly businesses: They have a little sign out front that says "Visa and Mastercard Accepted Here" :-) Sometimes it's just the little logos, but it all means the same, they want your money.

amy canada
03-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Since we're still men, do we have to have to take our bags to our rooms ourselves, or let the porter/bellboy do it, since we're presenting as women?

AlysonCD
03-14-2009, 11:28 PM
I've checked into and out of several hotels, boarded planes and ships, rented cars and a whole host of shopping and never had any "real" problems. Now I say real problems because i've been called "sir" a couple times and the only problem with that is it crushes your ego a bit, and shows the true caliber of person you are dealing with. Take these times as an opportunity to educate them that those of us who go out presenting as women often prefer to be addressed as women. This is especially true with service personnel who make money from tips. Sometimes a little education will either dispell their ignorance or let it shine on through!!
However, in all my travels I've noticed an easy way to spot TG friendly businesses: They have a little sign out front that says "Visa and Mastercard Accepted Here" :-) Sometimes it's just the little logos, but it all means the same, they want your money.

Hey Kym, come stay at my hotel, I won't make the mistake of calling you sir. Actually, that goes for all the ladies here, I need the business...lol

Michelle_Tokyo
03-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Sara,
It s soooooo much easier than you can believe. I am in the US this week and next week when I gt back to Tokyo will make a longer post about flying internationally from Tokyo via Chicago into DFW "Flying Pretty" as Kimberley so elegantly calls it. :) After that the check-in at the hotel here was a piece of cake. Honestly the thing that freaked me out the most about the hotel by he time I got here was how bedraggled I was looking and wanting to present as pretty a face as could.

Go for it and enjoy being pretty,

Michelle

JOJO44
03-14-2009, 11:51 PM
It would be easy if we looked as good as you do Kim.
But for the rest of us . . .
Love,
Jo

Sarah...
03-15-2009, 06:11 AM
Since we're still men, do we have to have to take our bags to our rooms ourselves, or let the porter/bellboy do it, since we're presenting as women?

:heehee:

Not this girl! I let the porter do it - whatever I'm wearing.

Sarah...

ArleneRaquel
03-15-2009, 09:55 PM
I have checked into hotels/motels enfemme maybe a dozen times in the last few years, no problems. But being called sir a couple a times, as I have been, was most ego deflating :sad: :hugs::love:

MsJanessa
03-16-2009, 06:10 AM
done it more than once--as long as your credit card takes the charge for the room you are fine.

mskilmer
03-20-2009, 04:07 AM
I have checked in en Femme on several occasions and I must say I have NEVER had any negative experience. In fast, there's one place I have returned to a few times and I find they remember me and treat me extra nice!

tricia_uktv
03-20-2009, 05:45 AM
Absolutely no problems whatsoever and I have done this numerous times at different hotels. The staff actually tend to think it brilliant having a t-girl checking in and we have had some great chats and laughs.Go for it girl its fun!!

María José
03-20-2009, 12:00 PM
I have done it and I never had a problem.

linnea
03-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Though I have done this only a few times, on those occasions I have had no problems.

Denise01
03-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Other than went attending a TG function have not checked into a hotel / motel enfemme, but I have checked into a Campground many times while enfemme.

Just be yourself like it is the thing that you do every day

I have not had any problems at all when i have been checking in, after all our $$$ is as good as any one elses.

By the time i get home will have had a full month as Denise 24/7 and never had as much as an adverse reaction

Denise

:):):)

Carin
03-20-2009, 04:24 PM
I have checked in en Femme on several occasions and I must say I have NEVER had any negative experience. In fast, there's one place I have returned to a few times and I find they remember me and treat me extra nice!

So True.

Maybe we do tend to stand out a bit and hense become more "memorable". I find that people (SA's etc) do remembe me by name and are extra nice too.

julie w
03-21-2009, 12:29 AM
I checked into a hotel in Austin this week drab my SO was in the car she
had made the booking in her name ,just for fun I said to the check in girl reservation for
( her name ) and waited for a reaction there was none she just asked for
my credit card which doesnt have my first name on . hotels are only interested
in you business , The point I am trying to make is as long as you pay they
are not going to say anything to you about how you are dressed ,( they wouldnt dare) there
might be a comment to a colleague after you leave but who cares
I have been in hotels dressed including London England and know problems

Sam-antha
03-23-2009, 12:06 PM
:heehee:

Not this girl! I let the porter do it - whatever I'm wearing.

Sarah...

I cannot afford that kind of an hotel anymore

~S~

serinalynn
03-24-2009, 03:36 AM
I'm going to Las Vegas friday I'll check in mostly femme also.

Leanne2
03-24-2009, 05:06 AM
I have done it without any problems but then I am not you. What I am saying is we are not all equal in this situation. I happen to pass without much trouble. Many of my sisters do not. I happen to have a unisex first name. Most of my sisters do not. I have a drivers license with my fem picture on it. Again, most of my sisters do not.
Yes, we can check in as a woman but when I do it they think that I am a woman. I don't know if I would have the courage to do that if I didn't pass. My sisters that do that are very brave.
We are not equal but we are still sisters. Just because she can't pass doesn't make me better than her. We still feel the same way about our fem selves. Thanks to all of you for being such good sisters. Leanne