PDA

View Full Version : Is she or isn't he

Leanne2
03-15-2009, 05:52 AM
My wife and I share a checking account. Our names and drivers licenses are printed on the checks. Often checkout clerks will circle the license number of the person that wrote the check. They don't have any problem with the young customers but sometimes have a time figuring out the gender of us older folks.
Yesterday after work I ordered a take out pizza. When the clerk looked at my check I could just see him trying to figure out my gender. Clothing works sometimes; I was in plain ladies jeans with a pullover top. Facial features give it away sometimes; my hair is cut in a wedge style, my brows are waxed thin, and no sideburns. It didn't help the situation that I have small man boobs and I carry a zip wallet.
Finally the clerk turned the check toward me and asked me to point to my license number. I did; he circled it and then that awkward moment was over; for him. As for me, I enjoyed every minute of it. Leanne

Terrihoney
03-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Hooray for confusion! That's way better than being carded for alchohol well after 21.

Hugs Terri

JoAnne Wheeler
03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Great story

JoAnne Wheeler

linnea
03-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Yes, sometimes it's not the CD who feels awkward but the party of the other part.

Tracii G
03-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Its so much fun to wear obviously womens jeans and tops and remain in drab face wise.It really confuses some people.I get a big kick out of diong that.

sissystephanie
03-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Hooray for confusion! That's way better than being carded for alchohol well after 21.

Hugs Terri

I am 76 and get carded every time I go to any local bar. It is the law here!!
I would rather have my gender challenged!

robyn1114
03-16-2009, 11:15 PM
After seeing pics of your beautiful hairstyle I can see how the would be confused