PDA

View Full Version : It's been a year now....

Sherry-Stephanie
03-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Yup time sure does fly when your having fun....and this venture into CDing has been a blast....

First of all a big thanks to all the girls here that have givem me their advise, wisdom, comments and support....it wouldn't have happen without you all....

a bigger thanks to my wife for going along with me on this journey and although at times it's been somewhat confusing and maybe unsettling you've stayed with me and helped me...

I started off not knowing what to expect as far as how I'd look....since I hadn't done anyhting like this before....so the first time I put on a wig I looked terrible....but it also was sans make up so that had something to do with it....

But time passed I learned and I practiced ...a lot, but not as nearly as most GG's have done in a month let along a years time....but I'm at a point where it's not great, but good enough that I can out in public and not look like a freak...

My collections of femme clothing is now where I can go in and select this or that and feel that I'll look good going out shopping....presentable if not passable....I'm now where I can reasonable make the right choice in selecting
a new wig to buy or getting the right size clothing over the Net and not be way off....

I can also chose the right size and style shoe and have it fit or now go out and try them on for size and make sure I'm getting the right ones. I can go out and talk to a SA w/o freakin out....but still need to work on the comfort zone here as well....but at least I'm now out....and look forward to going out without hesitation...

I now have my ears pierced and looking forward to buying and wearing regular earrings....and say good bye to clip ons with their discomfort after a few hours not to mention the limited selections that are out there....

I can now put on my nails and paint them as well and not have it look like I simply dipped my fingers into a bottle of nail polish....

I can have my picture taken and not be embarressed at putting it up on this forum for all the world to see....

I am now comfortable in my own skin being a CDer....

I have simply in the past year made great strides in my Cding journey....to where I now not only feel like I belong but also know it as well...

So to those who have come here before me I say thank you for welcoming in ...and to those of you who are coming into this Forum for the first time I say welcome...just as I was welcomed a year ago...and I also say to you let my comments I have just shared with you here be a source of understanding...a source of the fact that I have been where you are now and in that being the case a source of insiration that you in time, just as I have gone through in the past year will also be the path that you will follow as well...

Do not be affraid for you are just like the rest of us here...and you'll learn just as all of us have learned....we'll just be here for you as those who have been here for me will assist you along your journy and help you achieve whatever it is that you are seeking....

Jenniferpl
03-15-2009, 10:42 AM
It is all about the journey. Sounds like yours has been fun and made all the better by an accepting spouse. Make sure you thank her as well. Without her support, you would not be where you are today.

CDPAUL
03-16-2009, 06:42 AM
It still amazes me that you have done this all in one year. A supportive spouse is a definate plus for us who are blessed.

Angie G
03-16-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm glad you so relaxed in you life of dressing andsay good for you Sherry. You go girl.:hugs:
Angie

JoAnne Wheeler
03-16-2009, 05:46 PM
You learned in a year what it took me a lifetime to obtain

JoAnne Wheeler

Sherry-Stephanie
03-16-2009, 07:36 PM
I have to do the "accelerated" experience here....I don't have all that much time left to play around with this "concept"..afterall time is limited....