PDA

View Full Version : Binding Dangers?

Starvart
03-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Hey this is Starvart's friend Rai, using hir account.
I have a question to ask about binding. Recently I found out that I have a fractured sternum(chest bone), and since I haven't been injured, I was wondering if it could possibly be from binding? I know that using certain things can affect your lungs, but I have never heard or read anything about it breaking bones.
Does anyone know more about this? Have you ever heard of this happening to someone?
To bind I have used tensor bandages, fabric strips and duct tape.
Please help?

mistunderstood
03-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Yes I have heared all of those can cause injury to you. Please take money to buy a real binder. That is best way to bind safely.

NiCo
03-16-2009, 12:09 AM
Offt!

Duct tape.

That's hardcore.

Take care of yourself man, i know the need to bind is strong, i have that too, but i have only ever said i would use duct tape in a joke, and aye i have seriously thought about it, but the comfort levels don't seem very high to be honest.

Stick to bandages or get a binder they aren't that expensive, i couldn't afford one until i hit 19, and went with second hand ones until then. Ask about, maybe someone can spare you one? I'm sure they would rather you not have broken bones man.

mistunderstood
03-16-2009, 04:58 AM
Do not want to sound like pappa bear of the list but do not use any of those things please and do not ever sleep with those things on either.
Check on-line there are tons of things you can use instead of those and the stuff is real cheap and you can find in stores that any one can buy.
Bind carefully and safely.
There is a binder program I think it is called Big brother binder program for those who do not have a lot of $ to spend on binders. Matter of fact here is link for you http://www.thetransitionalmale.com/BBUB.html .
Good luck. If you are big guy like me then you might have to pay more for binder.
Oh I forgot about place called "Underworks" they are reasonable too on the pocket book.

ZenFrost
03-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Hudson's (http://www.ftmguide.org/binding.html) also has some info on binding, including dangers.

Improper binding can lead to a number of serious health risks, ace bandages and duct tape are some of the worst methods because they just aren't made for binding breasts and using them that way can be very dangerous.

The best thing to do is get a binder because they're made for it. Like Aaron said, Underworks (http://ftm.underworks.com/) has good binders (I recommend the Tri-top) which are pretty cheap, good quality, and there are coupon codes to get 10% off.

Starvart
03-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks guys, for all of your concern!
I do not bind all the time, only on certain occasions. I guess no one else has heard of bones breaking because of it either.
Starvart and I are working on making our own binders out of fabric, so soon bandages and tape won't be needed.
Thanks again for all your help : )

Nicki B
03-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Starvart and I

Rai - why don't you join as yourself, rather than use Starvart's login? :)

Punkster
03-17-2009, 04:10 AM
My only advice is to make sure you read the binding tips...think of your health at all times!