PDA

View Full Version : films with a crossdressing theme or subject

sophieuk
06-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Hi all, i was going over my DVD collection and saw that i had a few on or with cross dressing in. My favorate , well, there are two. First is a film called " just like a woman" starring Juile walters. Its is a brilliant film. There is a part in the film i can't watch with out feeling so much for the guy and that is when he is dressed up and is going to a transvestite club, but, he gets pulled over by the police. He is totally humielated. An amazing film, well worth watching. The other is personal service's, again, starring juile walters. This is a comedy about personla service. VERY VERY funny. Do any of you dears have any films with such a theme or know of any. Which are your favorates or not. love sophieuk :)

JoAnnDallas
06-23-2005, 04:56 PM
There's a old film with Tony Curtis and another actor, who are on the run from mobsters. They are Musicians and they dress up as women and join a all women band. Really funny and they looked real good too. IMHO they would pass any day.

pantylover1
06-23-2005, 05:02 PM
JACK LEMON is the other actor

Sigrid
06-23-2005, 05:08 PM
...and the name of the film is Some Like it Hot. Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis and Marilyn Monroe.

"Real diamonds! They must be worth their weight in gold!" - Sugar (Marilyn)

Natalie x
06-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Don't forget Dustin Hoffman's "Tootsie". Not strictly about crossdressing, as Dustin Hoffman's character only dresses to try to get an acting job, but a very good and very perceptive film.

Sara Kat
06-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Definatly can't forget "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" and "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar".

Amelie
06-23-2005, 05:58 PM
These are TS films that I like.

-Different for Girls-I love the TS's boyfriend in this film

-Boys from Brazil-A film about Brazilian Travesti's

-There's another Brazilian film about a TS that goes to Italy to work the streets, but I forgot the name.

Also WIGSTOCK-A drag film

-One more-Stonewall, about the queens who were at the forefront of the gay liberation movement.

I love all these films
Amelie

Maddie Knight
06-23-2005, 06:00 PM
The crying game.
Its a brilliant film.

Tristen Cox
06-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Mrs. Doubtfire :D

kysmet
06-23-2005, 06:21 PM
I have most of the films listed above. However, I have to say that hands down I like the Ranma 1/2 series of anime. And that means all the OAV's, series released in the US and the movies. Course, I like anime more than anything else anyway. There is also an anime calld Delinquent in Drag, however this series was never completed and the movie is merely the first installment and doesn't go into much detail about the plot, but I still like it.

Alexandra
06-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Bruno (aka: The Dress Code)

All the Queen's Men (starring Eddie Izzard and Matt Leblanc)

Sorority Boys

He's My Girl

JoAnnDallas
06-23-2005, 06:48 PM
lets not forget a real classic..... Victor Victoria.

jo_ann
06-23-2005, 06:55 PM
I actually liked sorority boys, especially the part where he's looking through discount dresses and he's like "please be a size 10, please be a size 10, YES!!" watching the DVD with the extras is pretty amazing too, they had to film like 16 hour days and shave like every hour to keep the stubble at bay.

A few other pretty good titles are:
dr jeckle and ms. hyde: play on the old film dr jeckle mr hyde.. scientist invents new scent that temporarily turns him into a woman with a completely different personality.. stars sean young (who also plays the transexual football player in ace venture, ironic eh?)

sexual chemistry: sorta like the one above, but a little cheesier and a little more R-rating.

Maria2004
06-23-2005, 07:17 PM
My favorite movie is "Stage Beauty"

http://www.stagebeautymovie.com/

jo_ann
06-23-2005, 07:30 PM
that looks cute

Drucilla
06-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Not a great movie from a critics standpoint ---but ---if I could master makeup like that in "White Chicks" were a couple of Black guys go undercover as White girls ---I would never dress in drab again !!! Movie has a few good laughs but overall only worth watching to see the "White Chicks ".

Stormgirl
06-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Mrs. Doubtfire :D

Thats the first thing that came to my mind.

Julie
06-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Better Than Chocolate has a pre-op TS in it. I'd classify the movie as a lesbian flick with several twists. Worth seeing.
All About My Mother has a TS hooker in it. This is a Spanish movie with subtitles. It's serious and sad at times but a very good movie.
Hedwig And The Angry Inch is about a TS who didn't get it all chopped off (that's the angry inch). This one is sort of a trans rock movie.
Bad Education has a gay CD and a TS in it who are siblings. It's by the same director as All About My Mother and is in Spanish too with subtitles. Pretty good movie, probably better than the first.

Sigrid
06-23-2005, 08:36 PM
Ed Wood - the self titled biography of the crossdressing B-movie film maker starring Johnny Depp.

Movies were his passion. Women were his inspiration. Angora sweaters were his weakness. tagline for the film Ed Wood

Alayna
06-23-2005, 09:01 PM
I have most of the films listed above. However, I have to say that hands down I like the Ranma 1/2 series of anime. And that means all the OAV's, series released in the US and the movies. Course, I like anime more than anything else anyway. There is also an anime calld Delinquent in Drag, however this series was never completed and the movie is merely the first installment and doesn't go into much detail about the plot, but I still like it.

Don't forget El Hazard and Strawberry Eggs:D

And high five to liking anime more than anything else!

jo_ann
06-23-2005, 09:10 PM
ahh.. hedwig and the angry inch, almost forgot about that.. didn't get to finish that movie, have to rent it again sometime. My favorite line:

"Ladies and gentlemen, do you like the pelt? Be honest, because some *bitch* stopped me on the way in. "What poor and unfortunate creature had to die for you to wear that?" [pause] My Aunt Trudy, I replied. Walked away ladies and gentlemen, walked away!"

Cissy Suzie
06-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Connie and Carla ... a Nia Vardalos film from last year, it is sort of a reverse "Some like it hot" with Nia and co star Toni Collette on the run after witnessing a murder scene to do with a drug czar.

It is fun, and meant to be, but it deals with some very sensitive issues in a very sympathetic way.

It was entertaining and a bit touching at the same time, at least for me.

I wish I could look like Nia Vardalos!!! :p

lorna2cute
06-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Juwanna Mann :D

Even though most people fear naming comedies such as Juwanna Mann, Sorrority Boys or White Chicks, (because folks fear that they may ridicule gals like us), let us all remember that in each of these movies, the characters who had to dress enfemme all learned a valuable lesson in terms of being more sensitive & compassionate, just as we real-life ladies do every day. ;)

jo_ann
06-23-2005, 09:49 PM
ladybugs (isn't that kid dead now?)
yep:
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0000970/

Sindy
06-24-2005, 12:07 AM
Here is one that takes us very seriously, Normal. It's an HBO movie with Jessica Lange and Tom Wilkinson. After 25 years of marriage, he decides that he wants to undergo SRS. The movie deals with how is wife and daughter deal with it as well as his co-workers and church. Great movie!

For the just for fun of it mood I get in, I would have to say Priscilla, Queen of the desert and Hedwig(love the music in hedwig!!)

Alayna
06-24-2005, 12:26 AM
Tom Wilkenson is that guy from the Full Monty right? The foreman named Gerald?

gender_blender
06-24-2005, 12:28 AM
"Ma Vie En Rose" (transgender issues)
"Just one of the Girls" (crossdressing comedy)
"Beautiful Boxer" (transgender documentary, based on an actual story,http://www.beautifulboxer-themovie.com/)

Charlie

Khriss
06-24-2005, 01:00 AM
yeah,, though some, like "Dressed to Kill" did'nt help "our cause"much -or other , cd'er as troubled psycho,roles of the past,,, ie: Norman Bates etc...

Deanna2
06-24-2005, 02:09 AM
I loved Just Like a Woman. I've got it on tape and play every now and again.

Tristen Cox
06-24-2005, 07:21 AM
Not totally about CDing but with CDing content: "What women want"(-Mel Gobson) That movie had me rolling! :D

mand
06-24-2005, 07:37 AM
The Triple Echo

a k a Soldier in Skirts
1973 - UK - War Drama

PLOT DESCRIPTION
Set in England during WWII, this drama, also known as Soldiers in Skirts, stars Glenda Jackson as Alice, a bitter woman whose husband is captured and held as a Japanese prisoner of war. When a wandering soldier, Barton (Brian Deacon), comes by her farm, she invites him in for tea. They fall in love. In order to remain in the town with Alice and escape the military police who are looking for deserters, Barton disguises himself as a woman. A sergeant (Oliver Reed), who commands a tank unit, comes to town and makes advances toward Barton, whom he thinks is a woman. ~ Michael Betzold, All Movie Guide

Any one remember this film, first saw it when I was a teenager :rolleyes:

love mand xxx

Petra Jane
06-24-2005, 07:48 AM
Let's not forget the old "classic" Nuns on the Run, with Robbie Coultrane and Eric Idle (as I recall).

A bit like sister act but without the singing. The twosome rob something and end up hiding in habit and wimpole in a nunnery for pretty much most of the film.

cdcheryl
06-24-2005, 08:32 AM
anyone remember a show on tv with Tom hanks and I cant remember his name they were living in an all girls hotel so they had to change every time they went in and out if I remember it was a pretty funny show

Tristen Cox
06-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Bosom Buddies

Fallen Angel
06-24-2005, 08:54 AM
i dont know if this counts. good by charle where his friend comes back as a woman it stared tony curtis

Emily Ann Brown
06-24-2005, 09:09 AM
This will reveal my age and that I have grandkids.......A Shark's Tale has a shark that dresses up like a dolphin. Funny cartoon.

Emily Ann

donnamatrix
06-24-2005, 11:22 AM
.............Priscilla Queen of the Desert......................

Amelie
06-24-2005, 12:31 PM
I just remembered the name of the film in my last post:

Princessa-About a Brazilian TS, who lives as a prostitute

Manage-A Gerad Depardieu film

Invitation Au Voyage-A French film about a guy who grieves over the death of his twin sister, and at the end becomes her. Just a little bit of CDing in this film, but I liked it.

Tamara Croft
06-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Thought this site might be of some interest :D

http://members.fortunecity.com/jayekayetv/tmovies/0.htm

My personal favourite is White Chicks :D

sarah
06-25-2005, 05:13 AM
Pricilla queen of the desert best australian cd movie ever ... :Power:

Khriss
06-25-2005, 03:29 PM
anyone remember the movie- "Critters" (I think) ,, where the alien hunter "guy" picks up a "Penthouse mag-or"? and then-morphs into the -centerfold babe,inside (assuming a more acceptable human appearance) like duh- hehe,,, that scene gives Me a RUSH-hmmmm "K"

celeste26
06-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Here's and old one for you one titled "I Want What I Want" 1971 a bit depressing but a real film. Anyone seen it?

Anna
06-25-2005, 04:11 PM
me me me! how engrossing was that movie!and how brutal was Ollie Reed!? not a fave but definatley worth a look for nostalgia value alone. cant remember it verbatum but im sure it had several very relevant themes not least of all intolerance within humanity.

The Triple Echo

a k a Soldier in Skirts
1973 - UK - War Drama

PLOT DESCRIPTION
Set in England during WWII, this drama, also known as Soldiers in Skirts, stars Glenda Jackson as Alice, a bitter woman whose husband is captured and held as a Japanese prisoner of war. When a wandering soldier, Barton (Brian Deacon), comes by her farm, she invites him in for tea. They fall in love. In order to remain in the town with Alice and escape the military police who are looking for deserters, Barton disguises himself as a woman. A sergeant (Oliver Reed), who commands a tank unit, comes to town and makes advances toward Barton, whom he thinks is a woman. ~ Michael Betzold, All Movie Guide

Any one remember this film, first saw it when I was a teenager :rolleyes:

love mand xxx

mariej
06-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Hi Sophie.
Just wanted to say that Julie Walters is the finest actress in th World today!!
I will not be argued with!!!
L&P
Mariej
xx

spaskinstyle
06-25-2005, 04:18 PM
This was extremely sad but it won her an academy award I think.

Theresa

Julie
06-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Ed Wood - the self titled biography of the crossdressing B-movie film maker starring Johnny Depp.

Movies were his passion. Women were his inspiration. Angora sweaters were his weakness. tagline for the film Ed Wood

Ed Wood starred in, directed and wrote Glen or Glenda (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045826/) which was sort of an autobiography for him. It was just as bad as most of his movies though but you get to see the real EdWood in an angora sweater. :eek:

Julie
06-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Bosom Buddies

I got my first girl name from that show. My wife called me Buffy until I decided I needed a different identity. :rolleyes:

heathr1
06-26-2005, 03:16 PM
she played a woman who had a crossdressing lodger?

Tristen Cox
06-26-2005, 03:21 PM
I got my first girl name from that show. My wife called me Buffy until I decided I needed a different identity. :rolleyes:
Ok Buffy:p

Laura Jane
06-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot has Jeff Bridges looking good dressed as a woman to distract the guard monitoring the telephone alarm.

Twin Peaks TV Series has David Duchovny playing Special Agent 'Dennis/Denise Bryson' who shocks Dale Gordon by turning up as Denise!

Sigrid
06-26-2005, 03:26 PM
You didn't care for Hildegarde, huh?

Pip
06-26-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm not sure if this fits better in this thread or the reincarnation one but...

Remember the movie Switch?

If you're going to be sent back to earth to work out some issues before you can go to heaven, you may as well look as good as Ellen Barkin.

Tristen Cox
06-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Hell yeah!!

emmicd
06-26-2005, 11:06 PM
I remember a TV movie with the late Robert Reed in the lead role but I think it was about transsexuality.

And yes the young actor from Ladybugs did pass away, unfortunately. Years before his time. Jonathan Brandis.

Emmi

mariej
06-27-2005, 01:39 AM
How about..
" Apairoftights Now!"

L&P
Mariej
xx

Khriss
06-27-2005, 06:03 AM
thimking-- "Thank You Julie Newmar" --? where even Patrick Swayzee,looked kinda- or anyone mention "the Bird Cage " yet?

Rachel Ann
06-27-2005, 10:00 AM
Let's not forget the 1959 classic "Some Like It Hot" with Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon. Not really about CDing but a rollicking good farce nevertheless.

Remember the movie Switch?

If you're going to be sent back to earth to work out some issues before you can go to heaven, you may as well look as good as Ellen Barkin.
There was a dismally stupid 1964 movie with a similar plot called "Goodbye Charlie" - Tony Curtis, Debbie Reynolds, Pat Boone, Walter Matthau.

Wendy me
06-27-2005, 11:12 AM
sherk the bartender was a cd ,.............

Katie Ashe
06-27-2005, 11:40 AM
Some may be repeated sorry...
Shrek, Michele & Romey "In the Beginning", Sorority Boys, Bird Cage, Just One of the Guys, Boys Don't Cry, What Women Want, Tootsie, Mrs. Doubtfire, The World According to Garp, Crying Game, Different for Girls, The Adventures of Priscilla, To Wong Foo, Good Will Hunting, Major Pain, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Bachelor Party, "CROCODILE" Dundee, The Legend of Billie Jean

Here is link for older movies: http://www.cdspub.com/tvmovie.html
My brain hurts now, Where's my heels :rolleyes:

Katie

Rachel42
06-27-2005, 11:49 AM
There's a movie called "Britney Baby, One More Time" about a young tg that wins a Britney Spears look-alike contest, but isn't admitted to the concert where she would get to meet Britney, ends up meeting a guy trying to make a movie and the antics that ensue upon learning she is a tg. I highly recommend it as it doesn't use cding as comic relief.

Billie Jean
09-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Thank you Katie Ashe, I was wondering if anyone had seen The World According to Garp with John Lithglow as a post-op ts. With all the crossdressing movies tha Robin Williams has appeared in I wonder if he is one of us?

Lisa Maren
09-22-2005, 02:33 AM
Hi everyone

My favs are Too Wong Foo and The Crying Game.

Hugs,
Lisa

Amelia Moxon
09-22-2005, 01:38 PM
I'm quite surprised, no one mentioned the 1995 film Dr. Jekill and Mrs. Hyde
Staring Timothy Daly as Dr Jacks and Sean Young as Helen Hyde.

The plot is as follows: Dr Jacks inherits his grandfathers science notes and finds the Dr Jekill Mr Hyde formula he finds out that he can counter act the Mr Hyde male aggressiveness by using a large dose of estrogen, More I wont tell you, you'll just have to rent it. It is a very funny film, I just wish I could invent a potion like that, but still have control over the woman’s body.

Hugs
Michelle xxx

Lauren_T
09-22-2005, 01:59 PM
What's the deal? You mean to say nobody even remembers The Drew Carey Show, and Drew's CD brother Steve? :confused: :mad:

Carey2bcd
09-22-2005, 02:05 PM
How about "Garden of Good and Evil"? Has a TS in it down in the French Qtr, MS.

Bless them all!!

Hugggss
Carey

Puer
09-22-2005, 02:16 PM
How about Yentl?

Lauren_T
09-22-2005, 02:40 PM
How about "Garden of Good and Evil"? Has a TS in it down in the French Qtr, MS.

Bless them all!!

Hugggss
CareyClose but no cigar... :eek: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil features Lady Chablis, a local TS celeb, playing herself - not in the French Quarter, but Savannah, Georgia... :D

Rainbow6562005
09-22-2005, 06:03 PM
I just scanned this thread and didn't see "Glen or Glenda?" mentioned. If someone else already listed it, forgive my oversight.

Rainbow

Talon DeRojo
09-23-2005, 09:09 AM
Sophie - I, too, really enjoyed Just Like A Woman. Thanks for the tip on the other one with Julie Walters, Personal Services.
Talon

rachellegsep
09-25-2005, 06:41 AM
The Bird Cage a remake of Le Cage aux Folles