PDA

View Full Version : I think certain people accept me more than I accept myself.

Nicole Erin
03-16-2009, 04:57 PM
So I just got off the phone with a male friend who is not TG, I told him I was coming over, and he said something about his brother stopping by.I said "Well in that case let me find a shirt, I am wearing a pretty top". He was like "why?" I said "...your brother..." And he told me he was not concerned about it and told ME to quit worrying. :heehee:

Then Saturday my sister and I were at the mall shopping for clothes and shoes, and of course she knows all about "Erin". I saw some shoes I was debating on buying and she said something about "...if you are nervous about trying them on in the store..." I decided against the shoes anyways...

So I told her as we walked out, "I just don't want you to feel weird about me shopping for clothes and stuff". She explained with a scoff, "it doesn't bother me, some people might think it is weird but I don't care..."
I thought she was saying it to be nice until we got to one store and she was pulling dresses off the rack holding them up against me and asking what I though of them :eek:

So - My two best friends - Ron and my big sister, are totally indifferent to the fact that I CD. AND one could truely call my big sis a supportive GG.
Here I am at the store with her and she is recommending femme things she thinks I should get!

Ladies I am telling you - while it is true that some lose friends or family over this, sometimes friends and family are supportive beyond anything you ever dreamed.

We all have our own blessings when it comes to being TG. Some pass real well, some started early enough to tansition and look excellent, I guess my personal blessing is an accepting circle of friends.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-16-2009, 05:16 PM
You have good relatives - those of mine who are not Transgendered (which

doesn't seem to be too many anymore) would not be accepting at all if I

were to come out - I guess I'm too old - If I looked as good as you, and

were as young as you, Maybe

JoAnne Wheeler

Rachel B
03-16-2009, 05:17 PM
In life we sometimes are our own worst enemies......

My life experiences have been full of insecurity leading to many missed opportunities, now I try and beat the insecurity into the background. that way I enjoy life a lot better than I did before.

Super Amanda
03-16-2009, 05:43 PM
That is so cool. It's neat to hear about others having a good time with this.My family is supportive so far, and my best friend is as well. My Mom and I had our first shopping trip, and things seem good. I just am taking things slow and it is working out good. Years of building up my expectations of what I thought others would think, made coming out seem impossible. I had to accept myself before I could even think about seriously coming out.

I wanted to see a therapist for a long time, but coming out has been the best therapy for me.

Nicki B
03-16-2009, 06:04 PM
I think certain people accept me more than I accept myself.

So.. Why should you be any different to most of the rest of us? ;)

Sallee
03-16-2009, 06:11 PM
I think your right we are are own worst enemy. Most people don't care they are to busy worrying about their own self doubts.
I know that CDing can be very hard to accept for us and it is difficult to tell others but when we do we usually find they don't really care after the first few minutes. They move on to something else
Just my 2 cents :battingeyelashes:

Ronni Seymour
03-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Good for you. It's great to have others, especially family, that allows you to be yourself. Enjoy the times with them.:hugs:

JoannaCaroline
03-16-2009, 07:09 PM
I know it's true for me. Almost all of my friends and definitely my wife are more accepting of me and that's saying something. I'm fairly accepting of myself.

I think it's most true with the newbies and some of those who, although may not be new to this, have never come to accept themselves. We are definitely our own worst enemy and our fear is almost always worse than the reality.

kellycan27
03-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Don't forget us.. We accept you

goofus
03-17-2009, 08:21 PM
So I just got off the phone with a male friend who is not TG, I told him I was coming over, and he said something about his brother stopping by.I said "Well in that case let me find a shirt, I am wearing a pretty top". He was like "why?" I said "...your brother..." And he told me he was not concerned about it and told ME to quit worrying. :heehee:

Then Saturday my sister and I were at the mall shopping for clothes and shoes, and of course she knows all about "Erin". I saw some shoes I was debating on buying and she said something about "...if you are nervous about trying them on in the store..." I decided against the shoes anyways...

So I told her as we walked out, "I just don't want you to feel weird about me shopping for clothes and stuff". She explained with a scoff, "it doesn't bother me, some people might think it is weird but I don't care..."
I thought she was saying it to be nice until we got to one store and she was pulling dresses off the rack holding them up against me and asking what I though of them :eek:

So - My two best friends - Ron and my big sister, are totally indifferent to the fact that I CD. AND one could truely call my big sis a supportive GG.
Here I am at the store with her and she is recommending femme things she thinks I should get!

Ladies I am telling you - while it is true that some lose friends or family over this, sometimes friends and family are supportive beyond anything you ever dreamed.

We all have our own blessings when it comes to being TG. Some pass real well, some started early enough to tansition and look excellent, I guess my personal blessing is an accepting circle of friends.

Thus far, I've had supportive friends. Supportive family, not so much...