PDA

View Full Version : do you carry a man-bag?

4serrus
03-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Read title.

Do you carry enough shit around to need a bag of some sort? Are you a student with a lot of books, or a buisinessperson or tech geek with a lot of electronics? Do you prefer a backpack or a side-bag?

I do cuz I'm a packrat. I carry all sorts of junk around with me "just in case". I'll do a seperate post on that later (what you carry around). I used to wear a backpack, but these days I have an over-the-shoulder messenger bag type of thing. I get paranoid about leaving the zipper on backpacks open or people stealing shit out of it. I know, I'm weird.

John
03-17-2009, 02:39 AM
my walit, my phone, my keyes, my mp3 player = pockets

Punkster
03-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Hmm hadn't really considered my backpack to be a man bag lol, but yeah, I need a bag to carry my laptop around and paperwork....you wouldn't believe just how much paper work lol. I put all my junk in their too, phone charger, headphones, medication etc.

mistunderstood
03-17-2009, 04:48 AM
Yes I carry around a back pack full of what if stuff. Back back and pants with lots of pockets are a must for me. More pockets the happier I be. I am super squirrel when it comes to pockets and things to put in them.

Ze
03-17-2009, 08:59 PM
You betcha. Between my army bag and my purse (on my feminine days), I have enough stuff for a nuclear holocaust. People make fun now, but we'll see who laughs last when it's just me and the cockroaches.

Wait a minute...

brylram
03-17-2009, 09:13 PM
When I have to carry more than I can fit under one arm, I use a messenger bag... but I'm trying to acquire a good briefcase.

Thornton
03-17-2009, 11:00 PM
once upon a time, before I got a hold of an mp3 player, I would walk around with my CD case in my backpack, filled with 120+ CDs, as well as a clunky, portable CD player, replacement batteries, and large, over-the-ear headphones.

I still have the headphones, but hooray for technology.

If you call that a man bag, I wore a man bag.

Ze
03-18-2009, 07:40 AM
once upon a time, before I got a hold of an mp3 player, I would walk around with my CD case in my backpack, filled with 120+ CDs, as well as a clunky, portable CD player, replacement batteries, and large, over-the-ear headphones.

I still have the headphones, but hooray for technology.

If you call that a man bag, I wore a man bag.

Not so much man bag as of a walking music store. :)

ZenFrost
03-18-2009, 09:50 AM
I try to stick with pockets as I generally don't have much more than phone and wallet. If I'm going to class or downtown for the day I may bring a backpack, does that count as a man-bag? Occasionally I carry a canvas shoulder bag (a tote, I suppose), either to carry groceries or because I don't feel like taking a backpack.

halfman_halfamazing
03-19-2009, 07:04 PM
yeah pockets are my bff. unless.. i'm going out where i know i'll need a bag of sorts. like a them park or shopping, i have a small messenger bag from target, a small wall-e backpack and a normal sized backpack from hot topic covered in dinosaurs. the dinosaur bag i use mainly for school. i usually stuff a binder, a book or two, and.. random things like candy, other food, water, medicine, a comb and floss lol

Leo Lane
03-22-2009, 07:55 PM
I use a backpack when I need one. Everything else I stuff in my pockets. When I explained this to a colleague she said, half-jokingly, "Why? You're not a man." :heehee:

Wren
03-22-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm not a fan of stuffing my pockets, also my pants are too tight to carry much because I'm an emo fag. So i carry around a really fruity messanger bag, that fits pretty much anything under the sun.

Does carrying a bag mean I'm less of a man? It's a tokidoki one too, does that make me even more feminine? probably.

Most of the men I know carry around some kind of bag.

sparro
03-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Man-bag?

I carry a bag. I've heard of Murses before (man purse) but I didn't know that the concept of a man with a bag was so foreign that a whole cateogory needed to be set up for them.

I carry a messenger bag like a typical urban bohemian/emo loser. It's got buttons.. pretty cool ones.