PDA

View Full Version : Love to read, but getting depressed

erica12b
03-16-2009, 10:55 PM
I have just loved some of the threads I have read in the last three weeks , but im finding that im getting depressed and feeling alone, do any of you find you hit this site (this wonderful site) then don’t for a while then come back then go (so on and so on)
Almost like dressing go in spurts then stop for a while then dress then stop (lol) any one else? Or is it just me (again)

kellycan27
03-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Yes sometimes it gets me down. The doom and gloom particularly. I know everyone has problems ..valid and real problems, but sometimes it's just makes me want to scream. Other times I just sit here and cry. Like when someone is putting it all out there and some people just tear them down under the guise of "just being honest" it really gets to my heart sometimes. I don't see the need to hurt people.
But luckily those are the minority. I have also had times when I see the way people react and reach out to help one another. It's kind of like riding a roller coaster. ups and downs left turns and right turns,loops and spirals. Yup sometimes I hate it and sometimes I love it.

O2B Barbara
03-17-2009, 04:39 AM
I did the ups and downs for years long before this forum. I think it is only natural as society at this time, and historically, does not openly accept the crossdresser. WIth that kind of pressure it is hard to come to terms with yourself and just not care what others are thinking or saying. This forum has helped with the acceptance.

Angie G
03-17-2009, 04:47 AM
I've pretty much signed on every day from the time I joined this site. And have had something girly on every dat for almost years. And loveing every bit of it.:hugs:
Angie

Lisa O
03-17-2009, 05:00 AM
I come and go too, sometimes for months. This usually coincides with summer when I have fewer opportunities to put nice things on (and I let the fur return). I make sure the dressing never stops though, and I have something cute on every day whether I come here or not.

Karren H
03-17-2009, 06:03 AM
It's you... I don't get down hardly ever!! :)

Kelsy
03-17-2009, 07:00 AM
Like Karren, I am fairly even tempered and find someting every day to be happy about. I understand the down times and I try to be understanding when other girls are experiencing them. I love to laugh when some one here is being funny!!:) I visit everyday because it's like being at home, up or down!

Kelsy:hugs:

DaphneGrey
03-17-2009, 07:28 AM
I know what you mean!

JoAnne Wheeler
03-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Crossdressing has its ups and downs - I seem to really get down if I cannot

dress as much as I need or want to - dressing brings me back up - conflicts

with my spouse bring me down - this Forum brings me back up

JoAnne Wheeler

alexmusic
03-17-2009, 08:46 AM
I feel you girl, it happens to me often and I wish I could tell give you a simple solution but I can’t. It is like a rollercoaster sometimes up sometime down but that is life in general I would say put on something pretty and smile at least we know we are all in this together and you are not alone.

Kerrie Sifton
03-17-2009, 05:06 PM
It all depends on why you visit..
If i come here because I am in introspection mode, looking for ideas on family relationships, I sift through the information and move along.
It it is because I want a laugh or make up tip, I look up Karren Huttons blogs.
If the posts are dreary, I go to the pictures.
Each one does something different

And if this site is pokey i launch off to the chat site to pick myself up.

And if its really bad, I will go buy a skirt.. there are plenty for spring!! :)

When I read the number of articles in the paper or see items in the media about the transgendered world, I realize that it is growing and there are more of us popping up.

:2c:

tamarav
03-17-2009, 05:35 PM
I come onto the site pretty much daily to see what Kasrren is doing..or where TXKimberly is traveling to.

Gabrielle Hermosa
03-17-2009, 06:12 PM
I have just loved some of the threads I have read in the last three weeks , but im finding that im getting depressed and feeling alone...

What causes your depression? I understand that you enjoy or "loved" some of the threads you have read, but do other threads bring you down? Is that what makes you feel alone? Is this site helping you with depression or causing it or both?

When I first ventured here, I rather enjoy interacting with other cd's. I felt very alone before, even though my wife knows and enjoys my cding. The loneliness was more because as much as my wife accepts me, she'll never truly understand what it is like to exist like this.

Shortly after coming to this site (early this year), I found myself having trouble sleeping and dwelling on the pain I saw in so many of the members here. I didn't understand how truly lucky I was for having an accepting wife until coming here and seeing so many cd's who's wives or SO's do not accept them as they are. My heart went out to each of them as I read post after post of their sad stories... and it truly did (and still does) affect how I feel and I do sometimes loose sleep over it.

I never expected these emotions when I came here, but there they are. Is this close or even remotely similar to what you're feeling?

I wish I could just make everyone happy somehow. I know I can't, but it hurts to see others in pain. It hurts even more when I can really relate to their pain. As different as we all are, coming here together as cd's gives us all a common ground and puts us all in the same social ridicule pool. Only a cd can truly understand how another cd may feel when their pain in life is directly related to being a cd in a society that is very unaccepting and often just as unforgiving of who we are.

What would make you feel better, Erica? If you could make someone else smile, would that make you feel a little better? If someone else made you smile, is that what you need? I don't ask for me, so much as I ask for you - in order for you to understand what you need. Once you put the target on the wall, you've got something to work toward. :)

Out of curiosity - did I say anything that maybe made you feel a little less depressed?