PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever Hear "You Look Better As A Woman,Than As A Guy"???

Marlena_Sparkles
03-17-2009, 08:49 AM
I do. From everyone. My friends,co-workers and even my MOM!!! They all say I should have been born a female. They said I am more attractive than I am handsome. And that ia aaaaa okaaaay with me!:thumbup::yippee::yahoo:

JoAnne Wheeler
03-17-2009, 09:29 AM
No, but it would have been wonderful

JoAnne Wheeler

docrobbysherry
03-17-2009, 09:30 AM
If I add up all the, " U look great", compliments I received in my first 50 drab years of life, they wouldn't match those I received in the first WEEK, after I came out of my closet on line!:eek:

Lorileah
03-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Yep and I agree. I am a much prettier woman even with minimal make-up :)

SherriePall
03-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Several times. One of the most memorable was at David's Bridal several years ago. It was my first visit and I tried on maybe 10 gowns or so before deciding which one. I had taken my hair, and some makeup (not everything -- lipstick and eyeliner, I think). Anyway, after changing back to drab I was at the register and my consultant and the girl at the register were talking to me when the consultant said, "I hope you don't mind my saying this, but you look better as a woman than a man."
Could have knocked me over with a feather. Loved hearing that!

Lisa Golightly
03-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Quite often in the past... When I kind of did the boy thing :)

Kate Simmons
03-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Don't know about "better". They do tell me I look younger (makeup works wonders :)). I always get a "no way" when I show my guy pic on my license.;):)

Marshchild
03-17-2009, 09:48 AM
I don't, but that could be because people who know me have seldom seen me as a woman - my CDing rarely involves me "going the whole hog" and trying to pass. Still, I have received comments over the years that suggest I might get a response like that if I ever did take my CDing to the "next level". Some gay guys I knew during my Uni days, for example, reckoned I'd look good in drag (something I took as the compliment it was no doubt intended as, since I'd seen some hideous examples of guys in drag), while a girl I knew once drunkenly confessed to me that I was "classically beautiful" and "too beautiful to be a boy" (actually the latter remark irked me a bit - who says boys can't be beautiful?). To echo Docrobbysherry's comment, I do often get compliments when I'm wearing women's clothing, or simply very flamboyant men's stuff (there's nothing drab about my drab!), which is always nice.

Anyway, Marlena, I'm certainly glad to hear you haven't let those comely looks of yours go to waste. It's always disheartening to see a pretty guy squander his good looks by dressing drably*; it's even worse when he tries to "compensate" for those looks by dressing and acting like a macho douchebag!

*I should know, having had a very pretty, very effeminate gay best friend while at school who I tried, without much success, to get interested in CDing. He just never had much interest in that kind of thing, which was a great shame, because the few times I managed to coax him into women's attire, he looked amazing.

Christie ann
03-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Only while sound asleep

bobi jean
03-17-2009, 10:28 AM
I don't think I have ever actually had it said that way,, but,,, I have had several GG's tell me That I look good as a woman. As a matter of fact all of the girls that work here have said exactly that.

Phyliss
03-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Haven't gotten the "look better as a woman than a guy" comment but I've been told that I dress better than many of them and that for a guy I look quite good when dressed. Not sure if that's a good compliment or not.

I'll take anything as long as they're not throwing stones at me, and running in terror.

Kathi Lake
03-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Oh yeah, I've gotten those. The phrase usually starts or ends with a "I hope you don't mind me saying this, . . ." thinking they'll crush my fragile male ego. You know what? I agree. I smile more, life is happier, etc. Some have said "You need to get a sex change" or something like that. Some have told me I have nothing to worry about - appearance-wise - from either side of the gender divide.

Kathi

ArleneRaquel
03-17-2009, 10:57 AM
In eary January I had some contractors do remodeling on my house, in doing so they needed to take measurements of my bedroom closets, which needless to say, were overflowing with ladies apparrel. After they finished measuring, they come downstairs and went to their truck, I was outside at the time in drab, shoveling snow, the crew boss said to me " Do you dress as a woman " ?, to which I said " Dont, give me any ideas ", to which the boss responded " you would look good as a woman ", to which I just smiled.

Thanks To Tamera for her wonderful work in changing my name from Marilyn Novak to MsArlene !:battingeyelashes:

:hugs::love:

Sweet Jane
03-17-2009, 11:19 AM
I dunno if I have ever been told I look better as a woman, but I do have some friends who have never seen the guy version of me, and they have hinted that they wonder what I look like..........by the way, if thats you in your avatar Marlene, I can see why they tell you that!!

Leslie Mary S
03-17-2009, 11:33 AM
To new at going out in public to worry about flattery. I just want to make the grade as a woman. When decked out I resemble more of you old maid aunt. I don't mind it. It is what life and time delt me. I have learned to live with the male me and am now learning to live with the female me.

StaceyJane
03-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Well, not yet but I'm working on it.

Hali
03-17-2009, 11:48 AM
I received so many complements as a guy but they never mean dear to me like the ones i received wen en femme, the complements in guy mode include ......u r irrisistable, u r cute, i like ur voice, u r huggable, u r handsome etc they are nice in their own way, but nt as nice as the ones i get when en femme e.g u r beautiful, u r pretty and the one i got that really tripped me was one time i went out for a stroll in the night some guys wanted me to respond to their comments i didnt so they end up singing to me praising my beauty (am i that beautiful? i dont know. But i can walk very well i know that for sure cos my GF wanted my walk and i get whistles and "nice walk" comments) the complements i received that day really validated so many things those guys were actually singing about my beauty, my grace, my femme essence was worth singing for; that alone made my day and for months and years to come.

Yeah i almost forgot the whistles one gets on regular basis.

Vicky_Scot
03-17-2009, 01:17 PM
I have been told on several occassions, the last time was on Saturday in fact, that I make a better woman than a man.

I really do not know if that is a compliment or not!!!!

Xx Vicky xX

MissConstrued
03-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I get that a lot... and I'm never quite sure how to take it.

However... I do spend far more time on my appearance for "girl mode" so I guess it's to be expected. I'm normally the prototypical t-shirt/jeans kind of slob who can't be bothered with shaving every day. So, I figure, if I spend three hours getting ready to leave the house, it's more likely that compliments will be forthcoming. I just remember the grain of salt. :)

Nicole Erin
03-17-2009, 01:28 PM
I do get more compliments when in femme mode, whether they have seen my male side or not.

Last halloween when I went to work en femme, I had 2 female co-workers say they liked my femme side better.

I guess as CD or TS, we are happier in our femme personna and it shows. :D

Should not be any suprise that we get more compliments about our femininity.

Sally2005
03-17-2009, 01:33 PM
I hear that mostly from people who see me enfem for the first time. I think it is mostly the surprise or they can't think of anything else to say. My wife told me I look better as a guy...her biased opinion (reading between the lines, I think it means all this CDing is okay as fun sometimes, but I want the guy I married to stay).

Barbara Dugan
03-17-2009, 01:50 PM
A few times but mostly my subconscious when I see myself on a mirror

Teri Jean
03-17-2009, 02:49 PM
I have to agree with a comment by Phyliss, I've been told that I dress better than most women and the makeup is always right not rushed. A point was made last night when I dropped in on my sister-in-law dressed in white jeans and red top with a long blond wig. She knew I was coming over and has seen me in dresses, jeans and skirts but had not seen this outfit. So when I walked in she was like who are you?

It makes ones day and yet we know we need to work at it more.Huggs Keli

kristinacd55
03-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Wow, that's great. I wish, but alas it's not to be :(

suchacutie
03-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Well...ah-hem....

I clean up pretty well as a guy. I didn't start presenting as a woman so that one part of me could or would compete with the other. I don't think looking good as a woman is incompatible with looking good as a guy. If anything, I think one enhances the other.

Another thing...we all get dressed up as woman in some great-looking clothes. How many of us have a tux we use semi-regularly. Some hot-looking suit or tuxedo is what we'd need to stack up to a hot party dress with heels and hose, etc, not jeans and a T-shirt.

So, I wouldn't give anyone the chance to say I looked better in one gender or the other since I look great in both!!!! :)...

ROFL

tina

Sasha Anne Meadows
03-17-2009, 03:34 PM
My mom said I would have made a pretty girl. Now that I am living full time at home as Sasha Anne my wife says I look better as a girl and prefers Sasha Anne.

Jonianne
03-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Nope, not even close. Once someone did tell me "You look.........er.... nice?"

Sigrid Cutie
03-17-2009, 04:16 PM
well yes people that have seen me in full fem they have said that.
and well even when i go out as a man, every body always thinks i'm a woman, then when they see i'm a guy they say sorry but u look more like a prety girl than a guy.

kellycan27
03-17-2009, 04:16 PM
I used to get the.. you'ed make a pretty girl thing. I was actually mistaken for a girl a lot until about the age of 7

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-17-2009, 04:37 PM
A couple of times mostly in my younger days and only at halloween parties since I was never out publicly as a crossdresser only privately. I used to think that I looked pretty hot as a young girl in my 20's but the mind can play wonderous tricks on us. My wife always tells me i am too masculine to really pass as a woman and she is pretty smart so I defer to her wise statements.

Ashlyee Paige
03-17-2009, 04:55 PM
the girl in the mirror tells me that ALL the time! :> probably because I am more comfortable dresses, I feel like I am the whole picture as opposed to just 1/2. like I actually am myself. Not depressed like drab mode.

Marlena_Sparkles
03-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks EVERYONE for your responses. :hugs: It's refreshing to read about everyones memories & experiences on this subject. :) Sounds like alot of us have heard this before. I think that is SUPER!!! Alot of us must enjoy the hell out of what we are doing...obviously...'cause it shows!:love::GD:

TxKimberly
03-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Yes, in my head every single time I look in the mirror. . .

Marlena_Sparkles
03-17-2009, 06:28 PM
I do get more compliments when in femme mode, whether they have seen my male side or not.

Last halloween when I went to work en femme, I had 2 female co-workers say they liked my femme side better.

I guess as CD or TS, we are happier in our femme personna and it shows. :D

Should not be any suprise that we get more compliments about our femininity.ITA!!! 1000%!!! After seeing pics of me both ways one day,my bff told me of course the female pics of you are better. I can see it in your eyes. You are much more comfortable & happier as a woman.:battingeyelashes:

BTW...Sweet Jane...Hahahaaha. I wish that was me!!! It's a model for a Chanel advertisement.

Marlena_Sparkles
03-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Yes, in my head every single time I look in the mirror. . .I do that too!:) Hehehe.

Gabrielle Hermosa
03-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Only my wife knows what my man-side looks like. She finds my man-side very handsome and thinks Gabrielle is a hottie. :)

I can honestly say that my man-side doesn't seem to attract much attention from the ladies these days. :( It's been a good 10 years since I've turned any heads, or that I can tell.

I personally think that Gabrielle is a lot better looking than Gabe. Although not quite passable, she's a lot easier on my own eyes than my man-face is.

So I guess my answer to the initial question is that *I* find myself more attractive as a woman than as a man.

TGMarla
03-17-2009, 06:59 PM
I tell myself that all the time. :D

Sally24
03-17-2009, 09:13 PM
I don't usually allow many people to see me in both modes. The few that have (or have seen photos) usually prefer my Sally face to whats-his-name.

goofus
03-17-2009, 09:31 PM
I do. From everyone. My friends,co-workers and even my MOM!!! They all say I should have been born a female. They said I am more attractive than I am handsome. And that ia aaaaa okaaaay with me!:thumbup::yippee::yahoo:

Well jeez if you're gonna tell us that, at least provide us with a picture :)

Briana Blonde
03-19-2009, 12:47 AM
I sometimes think that I when I look in the mirror which is sort of sad in a way but on the other hand really hawt lol.

Mistybtm
03-19-2009, 12:52 AM
I wish but not to be for now any ways:D

julie t
03-19-2009, 02:09 AM
I always get told I look better as a woman. I don't dress en femme all the time, but I do feel a lot better when I am.

Joann0830
03-19-2009, 02:34 AM
I have to say that I have heard that from the woman I have dated and I just got engaged 12-25-08 and she said to me That I was very pretty as a woman. I also remember The first lady I dated after my wife had passed and it was going great and when I told her about me and she saw me and she said to me that I was a much beter looking woman then I am a man and wanted me to dress like that everyday. I have been told I look a lot younger and very fem. What an ego boost that is for me. Joann0830:battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

Empress Lainie
03-19-2009, 03:01 AM
As a guy I hated my appearance forever. Women disagreed with me, however.

I never thought I would make an even fair looking woman.
After my transition to 24/7 I was blown away by the many times strangers came up to me and said: "You are beautiful,"
and my old friends from before have said yes I look better as a woman, and they said they like me better as a woman.

As you can guess, it makes me very happy. Then I got this GD rosacea that screws up my face 3 months ago, so now I don't think I am beautiful any more, but I finally did accept it after a few months, and still get a thrill every time I see myself in a mirror like at the escalators in the Palace Station. I actually one time was thinking who is that woman, then realized it was me!

Mirani
03-19-2009, 03:02 AM
Now I am 24/7, I have been asked "so what do you look like as a man" :)

Jennifer Marie P.
03-19-2009, 07:50 AM
Yes all my GG friends and some guy friends say I look better as a woman than a man and thats why I'm dressed enfemme all the time now.

sami1952
03-19-2009, 07:57 AM
the first time i showed my SO my first picture,her reply was you look like woman,and that made my day.

Carroll
03-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Many times I have been out I have been told I make a good looking women, and look better than my male side

Leanne2
03-19-2009, 08:20 AM
I've been told many times that I am pretty and have even heard the word beautiful once or twice. But these compliments come from women that have never seen me dressed as a man. There are very few people that have seen me both ways.
Whenever I start believing that talk all I have to do is look in a mirror to see the truth. Then I can come back to reality. Leanne

ginacduk
03-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Had it said to me many times that I am better looking as woman tham a man and that I look yonger as a woman.

Gina

Leslie Mary S
03-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Still trying to get up the nerve to go out in daylight. I need to take some shoes back to Payless and am planing to go dressed out but I have to first get past the inspection by my live-in fashion/make-up critic, my daughter/model.:naughty
Do you know hard/wonderful it is to have your own fashion & make-up assistant/teacher living with you? :doll:
I am not allowed to leave the house unless I am at my best (either of me).:fairy3:

With a build where I stand at least a half head above most woman, and out weigh most woman by 100 pounds, it is not hard to feel like a cross between a Giraffe:g4: and a cow :cow:
Then add to that a face more like old money (wrinkled), I do not expect to hear many complements so when I do get called ma'am I'm very happy. Otherwise I'm just an old man who thinks he is or wants to be a woman.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
03-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Yep, all the time.

*hugs*

Zarabeth

Chloe Renee
03-20-2009, 01:05 AM
I have head shot pictures of both my wife and I in our drag finest on my Ipod. We were at bowling and I was showing a couple pictures from a recent party to some team members. When I set the Ipod down she picked up and stumbled across the drag photo's. I returned and was pounced on with "who's the hot red head?" When I said it was me, she didn't believe me. When the wife confirmed it was me her team mate told me I should transition, since I look good as a woman. Which caught me by surprise.

Chantellexxx
03-20-2009, 01:13 AM
I have been told by several women, five of who are absolutley drop dead sexy that I have great legs!! Made my day that did!:D

Jan W
03-20-2009, 04:03 AM
Just once or twice

Kathleen Grace
03-20-2009, 05:41 AM
I get "Miss"ed and "Mame"ed a lot in drab. So I must make a better looking women. :battingeyelashes:

iwearstockings
03-20-2009, 05:44 AM
My girlfriend at uni ( 15 years ago now), not my S/O) told me she wished it was socially acceptable because she though it really suited me to wear skirts! she was a bit of a goth though..

Lara Smith
03-21-2009, 03:27 AM
I had a girlfriend once who used to tell me I would have made a great girl when we were naked. She tried to dress me on several occasions but I never would let her do it except for her leotard and tights once. She tried a couple times on various pretenses to get me to wear her panties, but I wouldn't go for it. I knew what the result would be, and I didn't trust her enough to give myself away. As time would have it, I was right. Too bad. It could have been so much fun.

Marlena_Sparkles
03-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Love all your responses ladies.:) Thank you. :hugs: For those who do it 24/7...good for you. I know it must feel teriffic to get those compliments. I know I do!!!

Marlena_Sparkles
03-22-2009, 11:56 AM
I know sometimes even the smallest of compliments goes a long way. :)Sometimes it can turn a bad day into a good one. Some may get more comments and some may get less. Either way it's all good. And compliments go hand in hand with confidence. The more you get,the more confident & better you feel. It makes it so much easier for some.

BTW...I was at Macys the other day and this aa woman said I looked beautiful & gave me a big smile.:D Now women don't tell other women this,unless they are friends. Right? So this lady knew what I was and was basically saying I did a great job. I was so happy & had no problem with it.:)

Deborah Jane
03-22-2009, 02:05 PM
One of the GGs here just saw me in guy mode on webcam and said i was an ugly git, she much prefers Debs

BTW, it wasn't Sheila :heehee:

Sheila
03-22-2009, 02:12 PM
One of the GGs here just saw me in guy mode on webcam and said i was an ugly git, she much prefers Debs

Don't worry Love I slapped Sandra for you:heehee:

Sandra
03-22-2009, 03:05 PM

Don't worry Love I slapped Sandra for you:heehee:

Debs hun you know I'd never say you're an ugly git, but you do look better as Debs. :D

Sheila :bitchslap: for stiring it.

Patricia1
03-22-2009, 07:03 PM
When I was in my late teens, some friends and I were talking about looks and someone said I was handsome. Another friend broke in and interjected that I looked too pretty to be handsome and looked more like a woman. That was one great compliment and I've cherished it for years!

Karen564
03-22-2009, 08:32 PM
In drab now, No :sad:

Long ago as a teenager, Yes :)
Some people were confused what I was, even dressed as all boy

Ediosa
03-22-2009, 08:58 PM
First time I went out ever, I went out partially, skirt/heels/hose/makeup, but no forms or wig, clean shaven head, I went into gas station that didn't have to many people in there, just 2 girls working in. I went in to get a bottle of water. Scared as hell, almost shaking, I grab my water and walked to pay for it. Both girls looked at me and didn't say anything. She told me how much the water cost and then I said something to her about how expensive it cost. She almost blew her lid, couldn't believe it. She said "OMG, you are a guy!!". I said yes I am. She said she wouldn't of guess, she just thought I was a women who was going throu cancer treatment(baldness issue, no boobs). It felt great.

The first time I went out completely as a woman, I went to Walmart(the women there knew me as a guy who on occasion wears skirts and heels), I went in, and no one recognized me. I even walked up to one of them and nothing. Another one told me, I look so good that I should transition or get hormones. That felt good too.

tammigurl
03-22-2009, 09:06 PM
As a young gurl, i used to crave to hear this when en femme. Now as a middle aged preop Tg, i have better makeup, dress sense (ie i don't wear black lacey evening dresses or silk of taffeta all the time) skin and breasts (yes!!!!) etc. I also spend a lot more time on my appearnace than the average biological woman.

As I travel all the time, i spend a lot of time en femme in hotels & restaurants and get a few compliments. I can now wear low lacy tops which seem to grab attention. Given that I endured many years as an unattractive Tg, I'm now enjoying life!!!

:)