PDA

View Full Version : FTM Outings?

Ava Mouse
06-23-2005, 10:13 PM
OK Guys, I'm sure you've read our threads about us MTF's getting all dolled up and buying makeup, bras, wigs, etc. Not easy...

Maybe I missed it, but have any of you FTM's gone and bought tools at a hardware or automotive store as a guy? Do you challenge yourselves like we MTF's do and do 'MANLY' things?

Just curious...

Abraxas
06-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Yeah, of course.
I mean, we (I realise this is a generalisation, but ya know) go into mens bathrooms, buy tools and guitars and play hockey and basketball with the guys... I've bought jockstraps, mens underwear and clothes, gone to loud rock concerts, clubs, etc. Everything I do is as a guy.
The harder thing for me to do is buy anything remotely girlie, because I present myself as a guy.
I mean, a bloke buying tampons, bras, or mascara? It just doesn't work. I pass it off like I'm buying for a sister or girlfriend, or my mum or something.
So of course we go do manly things. We don't just sit at home in our Jockey shorts or anything lol

Ava Mouse
06-24-2005, 01:08 AM
Wow, hadn't thought about having to buy femme stuff in 'guy mode' since you're really a gal... That's an interesting twist. Thanks for sharing...

I just thought with all the hype in the MTF arena, why wasn't there as much hype in the FTM forums about steps people took... Why is it different? Hmmm...

BTW, I'm noticing a LOT of women in the Seattle area trying to look like guys. And I don't mean women wearing pants, but boy haircuts with sideburns, men's suits & shirts with neckties, flattened chests, etc. (Reminds me of the waiteresses that wear men's shirts and neckties at restaurants.) My mind thinks it's a guy at first, but then they talk and gesture and it's clear it's a woman. I don't mind at all, but wish it wasn't such a double standard...

Katie Ashe
06-27-2005, 12:03 PM
...it's a woman. I don't mind at all, but wish it wasn't such a double standard...

You and the rest of us!!!

Group handshake... Katie

P.S. Almost put 'group hug'... Peace dudes