PDA

View Full Version : Coming out

AshleyCox
03-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi Girls!!,
I have been thinking about coming out to my mother as she is the only one in my family who would be ok with meeting ashley..when I was 14 she let me wear a night gown to bed and said I made a cute lil girl..since I was just a kid then I do believe she thought it was just a one time thing...7 yrs has passed and im ready to introduce her to ashley as I'm hoping it will bring us closer and perhaps we could have girls weekends and all..I was wondering what would be the best way to come out?...and what your expierences have been?
Thanks so much
Ashley

scherylnmke
03-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Ashley,
As someone who is only been out to my SO, I can tell you that the best way is to do this not(RE:NOT!!) dressed. Chances are your mom may have an idea, But if she doesn't, you don't want to freak her out!! I never got the chance to tell my mom, but I have a pretty good idea that she knew. You know your mom the best, so you should already have a good idea what to do. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Scheryl

Edyta_C
03-17-2009, 09:10 PM
I would take some time and arm myself with a lot of knowledge that you can pick up here on the forum. Read about some of the other trial with coming out to family. Then you can judge if its a good idea.

I was started on this path by my Mom and I don't think she knew what she had created. I know she would have been understanding but my Dad whew!! he was the one that put a stop to my Mom's little girl.

Only you will know when and if its right. But you can only let the genie out of the bottle once, so be careful and take your time.

Hugs Edy

MissConstrued
03-17-2009, 09:54 PM
when I was 14 she let me wear a night gown to bed and said I made a cute lil girl..

It's not going to come as a shock to her. I don't think she'll go into conniptions if you show up looking pretty, with a hug and a "hi Mom!"

tricia_uktv
03-18-2009, 06:28 AM
I was 'outed' to my Mother who initially took it very badly. She even phoned up the Samaritans. She has gradually however come round and we now talk openly and honestly about it. One important thing though. I am her son so she never wishes to see me dressed; she accepting of my doing it though.

TSchapes
03-18-2009, 06:52 AM
I encourage people to come out about their CDing. However, I do want you to consider their temperament. You know what I am talking about. Some people will take it a lot better than others.

For example, I'm out to many people, but certain ones I am not. I have relatives whose religion would force them to shun my family. I also have a nephew that is very much into the whole macho trip. So even though I don't hide the fact anymore that I'm a CD, I don't go out of my way to tell everyone.

My mom knew and it was because I told her. I would not show up at her door dressed and say, "Guess Who?". This is not affective, plus you may risk your poor mother having a heart attack! :eek:

But be patient and be prepared for all the questions! You know the ones we're talking about. Are you gay? Do you want to transition? Do you need to be cured? Plus a hundred other ones.

I wish you all the best! :love:

Love, Tracy

JoAnne Wheeler
03-18-2009, 09:07 AM
I don't think that a "one-time" statement by your mother does NOT mean

that she would be accepting of you now that you are grown - do what you

want to, but why do you want to come out in the first place ??? Once you

are OUT, you are out to everyone

JoAnne Wheeler

Christina Horton
03-18-2009, 09:37 AM
I was 21 (I am 39 now) when I told my mom and dad, I was still liveing at home. I knew she would be fine with it but , I also knew my dad would hate it. I did not know how to say,(mom dad I am a crossdresser) so I left my night gown on my bed where she could see it as if I went to put it under the covers but not all the way. Well the 3rd or 4th day she found it. I got home and was watching tv when she came up to me with night gown in hand and says with a huge smile on her face and said "( who's night gown is this)" I looked at her and said "oh thats mine" well her smile was gone in .60 seconds. Her face went white and she said "( well talk later)" . later that night dad mom and I talked dad took the news well He was Just scared for my safty, But mom holy SHIT hated it fully right from the start. She never want's to see Christina she Never want to talk about it and never want to have a Girls weekend like I wanted to so bad. She is still the one person I want to be ok with and would love to show her Christina. But I don't think that will ever happen. A small ray of hope is her Girl friend who knows , there going to try to talk about it and I hope it works. SO the people I thought would be ok with it was not and the people I thought wound not were. In all the friends I told each one surprized my , The only two that have a prob with it are mom and dad, Dad to does not want to see Chris but he will talk to me about her. But I know with dad if i tell him that I need to show him her , that he would , alltouhgt he would be very uncofortable with it he would none the less do it.But mom won't as of right now. SO be carfull of the way you tell her. If you have a sister tell her frist and ask her if she will be there to help you tell her. OK good luck amd keep us posted.

Oh P.S. when I was a kid I to dressed up as a girl twice and she was fine with it and I tought I should tell her then but did not . so that does not meen she will be fine with you dressing all the way now. As a kid it's cuite, as a man not cuite. SO be ready for a mass of dissapointment. I hope like hell I am wrong. but just be ready hun kk lots of luck.

HUGGS :hugs: :canada:

AshleyCox
03-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Thank you all for the advice..I wish I had a sister as it would prob be a lil easier...im an only child..I will let you girls know what happens when I come out to her

Shelly Preston
03-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi Ashley

Please read the link in my signature

Its about telling your partner but the advice can apply equally well to anyone

Picklebob
03-18-2009, 03:52 PM
I have three pieces of advice: One, Definitely read the link in Shelly's signature, it contains oodles of useful information.Two, be prepared for a reaction you might not expect.Three don't do what I did when I told my girlfriend and overstate anything, even if you're trying to prepare your mother for the worst. While your dressing is most certainly not something small, don't scare your mother by telling her that its something big that she might not like. I did that when I told my girlfriend, and she was afraid that I was a martian! She ended up being ok with it, but I had her really scared.

Moral of the story is to be prepared and not scare whoever it is you come out to