PDA

View Full Version : CDing trigger

Sally2005
03-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Lately, I've been feeling manly and have had no desire to CD. This has lasted in some form for a month or two. I think it was because I felt the need to focus on higher priority activities in my life. but...

The other day, my wife fell down due to some medication she was taking, but she is okay. The scare really made me think about our relationship...what's working what's not...what if? kind of worries.

However,...almost immediately the night and day after I really started to have the urge to dress. I didn't feel like going out or anything, but I just needed to dress...like a mini vacation.

Anyone else get the sudden urge after a stressful event?

Kerrylee61
03-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Oh yes, stress will do that to me every time. Sort of an alter ego thing, a comfortable place to go and be away from life as it happens en drab.

Kerry

boardpuppy
03-18-2009, 10:46 AM
In my case it was major surgery with an extended stay in the hospital. However, on a daily basis, its when she uses the "voice" on me in a question or answering mode. That stress or the teens pushing my buttons start me thinking. Sometimes its only make up and undressing but once or twice I wanted the whole thing.

Alice

JoAnne Wheeler
03-18-2009, 11:09 AM
STRESS can be and is a trigger - when I get stressed and despondent, it

ususlly is because I NEED to dress, but cannot find the time - that makes

me irritable and depressed

JoAnne Wheeler

Mirani
03-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Waking up in the morning :)

Kathi Lake
03-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Stress is a trigger for me, of course. The latest Talbots catalog in the mail is a trigger. Seeing a beautiful woman is a trigger. Seeing a not-so-beautiful woman is a trigger. Breathing is a trigger. :)

You're right though. Stress is one of the largest triggers for us, it seems. Maybe dressing is an "escape" from being a male. Maybe it's the "arts and crafts" aspect of doing our makeup. Maybe it's the feeling of softness and "it's just right-ness" that comes over us when we dress. Unfortunately, what is a stress relief for us can sometimes be stressful for the ones we love. Like many things in life, it's all about balance.

Kathi

NikkiBeth
03-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Stress is what triggers me as well, and then add the fact that I have no time in my day or night to allow Nikki to visit, it just adds to the stress.
I had a breif time where Nikki could come to work :heehee:, but that has ended :sad: with the fact that my kitchen is open for unannounced visits to maintain my kosher certification, along with a part-time soon to be full time business partner popping in occasionlly as well.
I am counting the days until the week in April :D when the family leaves for a week!

JenniferAnn
03-18-2009, 11:57 AM
When am really stressed from work, and I haven't had the opportunity to dress I can feel my personality change were am tense and I am more short tempered. It's amazing how at peace I feel when am dressed. Maybe that's why I only have a couple of non-fem underwear. I think my wife notices the change also. Under those stressful time she would say "your acting like a men".

Julieanne
03-18-2009, 09:40 PM
I agree with JenniferAnn -- "It's amazing how at peace I feel when am dressed."

Dressing is a great stress reliever. In my "what if" world, all guys dress when stressed and the world becomes a more peaceful place.

Julieanne

LadyMirabai
03-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Sign me up as another of the 'stress reliever/calming influence' - although really it's just expressing "me" so sometimes it doesn't even need a trigger.

Rachel Morley
03-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Not in my case. Stressful "what if" moments in my life to do with my wife and family make me want to dress less. I dress most when everything is going well for me and I'm happy .... which fortunately for me, is how things usually are.

Berta82
03-18-2009, 09:59 PM
For me, stress is definately a trigger, but I just plain enjoy dressing. Stress or not I feel more relaxed.

Sweet Jane
03-18-2009, 10:32 PM
is getting up in the morning a stressful event? (laughs)

MaryAnn40c
03-18-2009, 10:36 PM
dressing up is a great for stress release.

MartineXdrs2
03-18-2009, 11:49 PM
As others have said, getting up?

My wife is a tease, she says she doesn't like me dressing, but she pushes buttons, like she'll open the latest Sears flyer and show me a nice model in something skimpy and ask if I like the undies, then if I'd like to wear them.... sometimes she puts her underwear in my drawer,, I don't think it's by accident.

Love
Martine

Jenniferpl
03-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Stress does it for me. Also getting up in the moring. Might as well add going to bed at night. Rainy days, snowy days, sunny days, cloudy days also have an affect.

jessica19cd
03-19-2009, 12:27 AM
I like to dress when I feel stressed or when I party, lol. But it seems to help with the stress.

Mistybtm
03-19-2009, 12:37 AM
coming home from work open the door and now i am in female mode:love:

Briana Blonde
03-19-2009, 12:42 AM
or when I party, lol.
That's my trigger. If I'm not intoxicated I don't dress as frequently.

allisonrn06
03-19-2009, 04:18 AM
Used to dress in response to stress occasionally, but with an accepting wife now, I dress just about anytime we're home with more than a couple of hours to ourselves. Makes it harder to say that I'm doing it as stress relief!! I remember reading before though, that crossdressing a lot of the time is a stress relief device, but that it's a vicious circle, especially for those who don't have someone who accepts them this way - because the dressing itself then causes stress, which leads to more dressing. Still I would say it does relieve stress for me, even though that's not the main reason I do it - I really just enjoy my time enfemme! Just my :2c:

diane51
03-19-2009, 04:58 AM
Getting into my Diane mode will help relieve the stress. Nothing works as well to help forget all the troubles as putting on my dress and forgetting all the other stuff.

MsSamanthaErica
03-19-2009, 05:11 AM
It can definitely release the feelings of stress... and it certainly is stress-relieving (unless someone knocks on the door!). I find it's a bit of 'separation' from what we have to deal with in day to day life and that separation helps reduce your stress level. I doubt you'd find any psychiatrists saying that you should "dress to relieve stress", (hey, that rhymes and could be made into a jingle :heehee:) but it sure doesn't mean it can't work.

I think some of us, myself included, have that alter ego that loves the soft, sexy, girly things. When they come out, our stressed out selves get a relaxing breather.

As for myself, I find occassionaly I won't want to dress, but most days I get joy out of picking out some panties and pantyhose just so some sensuality can go along with my day! :)

Hali
03-19-2009, 06:07 AM
As others have said, getting up?

My wife is a tease, she says she doesn't like me dressing, but she pushes buttons, like she'll open the latest Sears flyer and show me a nice model in something skimpy and ask if I like the undies, then if I'd like to wear them.... sometimes she puts her underwear in my drawer,, I don't think it's by accident.

Love
Martine

I dont know why GGs do that, as u pass a clothing article on display in a shop and ur SO or any GG friend knows u will like it, she'll always point at it even if u dont notice it and asks what u feel about it..........ahhhhh i dont know why they do that.

VERONICARH
03-19-2009, 06:26 AM
Stress makes me want to dress, which is most the time.

erickka
03-19-2009, 07:44 AM
Yes I do. Stress seems to be the hot button to set me off into a bad case of the pink fog.

Veronica Lacey
03-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Stress used to be a trigger but usually that very stress was due to wanting to dress but having to push for the opportunity. After 15 years with my wife we understand one another and dressing, while not wholy supported, is understood and has its place in our lives.

These days dressing is as much a hobby to me as one might enjoy photography, writing, working out, arts et cetera. Just knowing that dressing is a relaxing activity and that it feels good is a "trigger" if you will.

Today is a great example. My wife and I have the week off. She is going out for the afternoon and evening. It is pouring rain right now and the denizens of the neighbourhood are holed up at work or staying dry indoors.

Within a few hours I will be dressed and enjoying the solitude and peace of a rainy day. Dressed in my silks, satins and heels in an empty house enjoying a cup of tea while listening to the rain fall. No "trigger" required :daydreaming:

Sally2005
03-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Wow, interesting responses. I want to add that once the initial trigger is over, I get caught in the pink fog for months...like once the spark is ignited the fire burns for a long time. The stress can be gone but the dressing remains enjoyable. The other thing I noticed, it is not depression that triggers anything, it is a certain short term stress that seems to get me going. Also, once in the 'pink zone' the desire seems to be the strongest in the morning when I first wake up.

ChrissieM
03-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Stress is definately a trigger for me. However, I like wearing a dress just for the pleasure it brings.

lynnmcarthur
03-19-2009, 11:23 AM
I go for a while without but then it just builds and I need to express it big time. I liken it to a menstrual cycle. Every so often I need to express and sometimes include wearing a pad for a few of those days as well. This is my birthday week and I always seem to want it big time then. Hoping for a girly presnt and this year i got one

Lisa Catherine
03-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Due to a 12-day stint of military duty (I'm National Guard), I wasn't able to even think about dressing, and since getting home, I've been dressing up right and left, 3-4 times a day!! Maybe it's from testosterone overdose 24/7, or just a side effect after a period of denial, your thoughts? :hugs::daydreaming:

Sally2005
03-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Oh, ya... that's the other thing that does it. Try to deny it for any length of time and it comes back stronger than ever! My solution for that problem is to accept the feelings as being part of who I am and don't try to deny it to myself.