PDA

View Full Version : Shopper's Block? Couldn't get in the mode

DinaMature
03-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I had some time and a couple bucks in my pocket, so I dropped by a consignment shop. I've been there before and I expected I would feel enough at ease to browse through the racks.

Instead, I got in there and just locked up. All the clothes looked alien and I couldn't connect with any of them. It's not that she didn't have any inventory that suited me. Oh, contrare`. I know I could have nabbed any number of items with the right disposition, but I just couldn't get in the mode.

I was feeling a little edgy, having skipped breakfast and was then putting off lunch. I guess I need to regroup and try again with the right attitude and blood sugar.

Debbie801
03-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Still happens to me from time to time. I usually psyche myself into shopping mode before I go. Cold feet is happening less and less...thankfully.

DinaMature
03-18-2009, 01:55 PM
thanks for the affirmation that others have this lock up.

Kathi Lake
03-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Not every girl feels girly every day. Shopping is not only a sport (sometimes a contact sport around sale time), but a state of mind. Don't worry, you'll be back to helping the economy in no time!

Kathi

deja true
03-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Gosh! If this block of yours lasts any longer, I think you should seek some professional therapy!

It's either that or turn in your "Tranny License"!

:D

Ronni Seymour
03-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Been there! At times I want to get out, but going shopping is not what I really want to do.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-18-2009, 04:55 PM
You gotta get an attitude, confidence, to hell with the world and then JUST

DO IT - or get a good case of the PINK FOG - that seems to work everytime

JoAnne Wheeler

Angie G
03-18-2009, 08:24 PM
By all means regroup we need to shop Dina it just not right hun.:hugs:
Angie

Nicole Erin
03-18-2009, 09:59 PM
If it saves a buck or two, what's the harm?

CD Susan
03-19-2009, 01:19 AM
I have to admit that this has not ever happened to me. Sometimes I get a little ticked off when the thrift stores are having a big sale and the store is just packed with other shoppers. On one occassion I had someone take some items out of my shopping cart when I was not watching it close enough. I never figured out who took my things but someone did for sure. Another thing that I dislike is when other shoppers will "invade my space" and grab things that I am obviously looking at. I even had a SA come up to me and tell me that I was in the women's section and then point to the men's section as if to tell me to get out of where I didn't belong. I stopped shopping at that particular store for several months until I got over being treated so rudely.

tricia_uktv
03-19-2009, 04:29 AM
I think this has happened to us all. When I first started I'd psyche myself up for ages and when push came to shove just couldn't do it. I got really down. Now its the most natural thing to do (though I do it dressed which is a lot easier). All I'd say is take your time. The block will disappear.