PDA

View Full Version : medical tests enfemme

Michelia
03-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Since I just lost my job, I thought about having all my medical test up to date, just in case I end up with some expensive insurance down the road.

And faced with no income, I cannot be going into stores and coffee shops anymore, so this morning I had my chest x-rays and blood tests. I did not have my requisite three hours to make up and all so I put on a pretty feminine tunic with a fuschia cami underneath to cover my "non-cleavage". I wore some pants and some pretty girly loafers. In the car, I put my ponytail over to one side. No make up.

I chose a women's center where all the ladies get their mammograms. I arrived and sat amongst 7 to 8 ladies and two couples. People looked but no one stared. The first lady to call me to fill out paperwork was very nice and we talked about earrings. She was older, but had like 10 piercings in each ear. Wow. Then I sat back down next to a lady and her daughter. A conversation ensued where they told me all about how they have been doing the mammogram thing together for years and they mix it up with lunch and shopping. They asked me if I was getting a mammogram and I told them I was not that lucky. They laughed. The tech was super nice and made me promise I would be back next year.

Then I went to the blood test place and when I walked in there were about 5 men waiting. My heart pounded. I got really nervous. To make things worse, I forgot my paperwork in the car and had to go retrieve it and had to walk between all of them again. But no one was mean or anything. The tech was a very sweet lady who treated me very sweetly.

All in all, a very good morning doing things I would not have dared not very long ago. And it was much funner than if I had done it all in drab mode. Awesome.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-18-2009, 05:00 PM
You are a brave courageous girl - I hope things start going better for you -

you deserve it

JoAnne Wheeler