PDA

View Full Version : Charring cross canceled my apointment

John
03-19-2009, 07:53 AM
I am so angre it's untrue. I think I broke the phone when I through it down the stairs. They've given me one in september. ****ing september! Four months after the apointment I had (which was two months after they 'recomended'). Last doctor said they'd sort hrt this visit, and now they want me to wate six ****ing moths for it.

Punkster
03-19-2009, 09:04 AM
That doesn't sound good at all. I am currently involved in chasing this kind of thing up and many of the GIC's are in breach of several laws. Also that your waiting times should not be any where near as long as they suggest.

Do you have a sympathetic doctor? If so go and talk to him/her about prescribing you hormones. Explain your situation and perhaps you may be able to start soon. Look at the GIRES websites and Gender Trust sites for patient and GP information booklets. These will give guidelines on how you and your doctor can proceed. (I would recommend arming yourself with these as most GP's don't have the first clue). Be strong, be assertive (not aggressive though).

Find out all you can about what the NHS can offer, or cant offer and what treatment pathways there are. At first I was dubious about this myself but now I fully use them to MY advantage. Being Trans does not mean you have no choices, but it does mean they will not help you discover them.

ZenFrost
03-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Can you keep calling and complaining? I'm not really familiar with the system but six months is ridiculous. :Angry3:

Nicki B
03-19-2009, 01:44 PM
This sort of crap is certainly not unheard of, from CXH... :sad:

John, they do fairly often have short notice cancellations - talk to them and see if you can get on the list?

:hugs:

John
03-19-2009, 01:54 PM
If it dose that untill september (the new apointment they gave me), it'll have been nine months since my last apointment. :Angry3:

I gave them a call and they said they had apserlutly nothing (when I booked that apointment they said it was the first thing they had available this year). I suspect they're massivly understaffed, and underfunded.

Still, my mum said if I can get an earlier apointment going private she's prepaired to pay for it. Gota call them tomoro and investigate.

It really got to me though, I had totle histerics, and then threatoned to batter my stepdad when he started having a go about his presios smuged pain (I was enraged and terofied, who cairs that I kicked the ****ing wall! Aparently four squair inches of dirty paint is more important than my fear that I wasn't going to be able to cope anymore). Not that I havn't wanted to for years, but I think today I'd have actually done it if he hasn't backed off.

Edit: so aparently my stepdad anounced he was going to call social survaces and the police last night. Well that's a joke for a start. I'll just tell them all about his cronic drink problem and how he's been verbally abusive tward the rest of us and emotionaly detrimental to me and my brother for the last eight years, and he can tell them.... that I kicked the wall and give him a shove which knocked him an inch or so backwards and prompted him to threaton to throw a knife at me.

Nicki B
03-23-2009, 08:20 PM
John, they keep a list of people who can fill cancelled appointments at short notice (like a day or two). Appointments are changed all the time?

You don't have to sit back and just accept Sept, but you do have to keep (politely) harrying them, unfortunately.

:hugs:

gendernonconformist
04-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Im rather shocked at how long between your appointments specially if you havnt been given any blood test shots ect or even a prescription,did they actually say why this was?
you could go back to your GP and complain and explain that waititng another 9 months unsure of what will happen isnt the best thing for you