PDA

View Full Version : Flying en Femme

mskilmer
03-20-2009, 03:33 AM
I will be flying out of Baltimore on AA soon and am planning to go en Femme, but my drivers license shows me as a male. I know several of you fly often and I was hoping you can tell me if this might present a problem at security. Let me just say I am very comfortable and secure about dressing and I'm not really too concerned about strange looks and questions ... just don't want to be prohibited from checking in or passing through security. Thank you in advance!

tricia_uktv
03-20-2009, 06:00 AM
Its one of the things I want to do this year. I have a friend who regularly flies dressed as a schoolgirl - and a none too convincing one at that. As long as your flying to a place that accepts us you should have no trouble.

Michelle_Tokyo
03-20-2009, 07:51 AM
Zero problem. I just got back about two hours ago from a week long trip to the U.S. (I live in Tokyo) and I flew NRT-ORD-DFW. Checked into a hotel.
Flew DFW-PHX-SFO and checked into a hotel.
And just flew home SFO-NRT.

No problems with TSA, no problemns with immigration in US or JApan. Lots of looks, but lots of friendly smiles too. I am stil smiling from ear to ear and will be writing a full report in the 48 hours.

Go for it,

Michelle

JoAnne Wheeler
03-20-2009, 09:33 AM
There have been numerous prior threads and posts on this topic - I suggest

that you research them - they have a LOT of good information

JoAnne Wheeler

mskilmer
03-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks everybody! I have read many of the previous posts but some were kinda old and things change so fast these days with the TSA! There seem to be new rules and rumors of new rules all the time.

I leave in less than a week ... this is my birthday present from my wife. We're gonna have a blast!

joann07
03-21-2009, 12:46 PM
I've used my male ID to fly in femme, before I got my ID card, and had no problems using it. Treat the experience just like the many many times you've flown before. Just smile and be courteous and friendly with the airport staff and TSA and you'll be fine.

Hugs!

CharleneT
03-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks everybody! I have read many of the previous posts but some were kinda old and things change so fast these days with the TSA! There seem to be new rules and rumors of new rules all the time.

I leave in less than a week ... this is my birthday present from my wife. We're gonna have a blast!

Well, go to TSA's web site for rule changes. Although there are some subtle changes, the gist is still that their job is to try and spot terrorists. Not CD's. As long as you act normal and produce the correct documentation, there isn't much chance of trouble. You are not trying to hide who you are, you are just dresssing strangely (their view point). As long as they can correctly ID you as you and "safe", that is the end of their job really. There is a brand new thread from KimberelyTX about a rule change that is coming up. It will not make it harder, just more obvious (enfemme that is).

Sarah...
03-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Zero problem. I just got back about two hours ago from a week long trip to the U.S. (I live in Tokyo) and I flew NRT-ORD-DFW. Checked into a hotel.
Flew DFW-PHX-SFO and checked into a hotel.
And just flew home SFO-NRT.

No problems with TSA, no problemns with immigration in US or JApan. Lots of looks, but lots of friendly smiles too. I am stil smiling from ear to ear and will be writing a full report in the 48 hours.

Go for it,

Michelle

Oh my! What do all these TLAs mean?

Sarah...

Michelle_Tokyo
03-21-2009, 09:40 PM
:)

Tokyo (NRT) to Chicago (ORD) to Dallas/Ft.Worth (DFW)

then

Dallas/Ft.Worth (DFW) to Phoenix (PHX) to San Francisco (SFO)

then

San Francisco (SFO) to Tokyo (NRT)

Still working on the report, soon I hope. I will post it to a new thread when it is done.

Oh my! What do all these TLAs mean?

Sarah...

NancyTO
03-21-2009, 10:16 PM
We here near YYZ (Toronto) wish you well.

Sarah...
03-22-2009, 02:55 AM
:)

Tokyo (NRT) to Chicago (ORD) to Dallas/Ft.Worth (DFW)

then

Dallas/Ft.Worth (DFW) to Phoenix (PHX) to San Francisco (SFO)

then

San Francisco (SFO) to Tokyo (NRT)

Still working on the report, soon I hope. I will post it to a new thread when it is done.

Cool! Thanks for explaining that :)