PDA

View Full Version : Totally Wild

JoAnnDallas
06-24-2005, 10:41 AM
The Versison guys that have been putting fiber optic cable in all up and down the street, took their morning break. This gave me a chance to go out for a ride around the subdivision. One the third leg of the trip, this car honks at me from behind and then pulls up beside me. I took a deep breath and looked over. He smiles and waves, I wave back and then he speed on up ahead. That is when I noticed his Texas Amateur Radio Call Plates. I am too a Amateur Radio operater and he must have noticed my West Virginia Call Plates. Not sure if he was expecting to see a women, since most Amateurs are men. LOL

Olivia
06-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Oh Joann, that is wild! I bet my heart would've been racing. Cool.
thanks for sharing that story,Olivia

Wendy me
06-24-2005, 11:23 AM
totatly cool .........he probly thought you were a wife or girlfreind ....

pantylover1
06-24-2005, 12:13 PM
another good story Joann thanks :)

Bernice P

jo_ann
06-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Ok, two things..
1. your a lucky bitch for living in an area that's installing verizon fiber optic lines (something like 20mbit down, 2mbit up for $60/month)
2. what IS with ham operators? I have ham plates too, and I either get people asking me what the hell it is, or some other ham guy going "what frequency you talk on? where's the ham clubs around here?".. strange bunch

JoAnnDallas
06-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Every held a conversation with another ham in his car by using your horn to send morse code. LOL you would not believe the looks we got from other drivers.