PDA

View Full Version : Where do you hide all your clothes

sexy_heels
03-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi

I was wondering where you girls hide your clothes, shoes etc from your other half and family.

I recently bought my own clothes and my first pair of heels I am paranoid about someone finding them but not sure where I could hide them.

Where do you all hide your clothes?

xAnne_Mariex
03-20-2009, 04:39 PM
I have my dresses/skirts hanging up in my wardrobe, i'm out to my mum so I don't have to worry about them being seen luckily.

My make up/bras/tights/shoes are in boxes in my wardrobe too.

Lorileah
03-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Usually in the dryer...why can't I remember to take them out when I they are finished?

Otherwise Lori has her half of the closet

Sarah...
In the closet I'm afraid :)

It's a great irony - a real hoot - I'm out of the closet so my clothes are in it! Now isn't that just a sensible kind of symmetry?

Sarah...

LadyMirabai
I keep everything in a tub under the bed (my bed sits pretty high up). My bed is in the corner so I can also kick the tub against the wall which all but ensures no one sees it. I don't live with anyone but I do have friends/family over every so often so that works for me.

Thalia
03-20-2009, 04:49 PM
I was on a buying frenzy last year and realized I had sooooo much clothing and 'stuff' that I could no longer keep them in the attic in my golf bag (for when I travel w/the clubs). I was sure my SO would find them as she's always in the attic putting things away or taking things downstairs. Anyway, I felt it best to tell her (after 15+ years of marriage). It didn't go as well as expected. Now I'm rethinking that perhaps I should have kept the stuff in the golf bag.

Debbie801
03-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Assuming that HIDE is the keyword here, the majority of my stuff is at a good friend's house who knows about me, he happens to be gay (not that there's anything wrong with it).

I also have a transgendered friend and she is my backup, she has kept my boxes from time to time.

For stuff I've just bought, I currently keep some in my golf bag travel bag in the garage, which zips shut and no way my wife would open it. My old druggie days made me creative.

Good luck...think outside the box (ha ha) :)

sexy_heels
03-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Interesting stories everyone...

I thought about hiding them under the floorboards, though I'm thinking its a bit extreme but I really don't want to be exposed but its the only place I'm sure they wouldn't look....

Jennifer Brooks
03-20-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't have to hide them anymore since I came out to the wife in January. My clothes are hanging up in my part of the closet and the other things (Intimates) are on the shelves of the closet, my half of course.:)

Carrie R
03-20-2009, 05:04 PM
I live alone, so I hide them in the closet along with my manly clothes.

Tora
03-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Rented storage locker, since there is quite a stash, and My great wife is not a full believer. We do keep nightgowns, panties, slip at home. She doesn't approve of the full package. Wigs, shoes, dresses, skirts, tops, ect,... off site.

Leslie Mary S
03-20-2009, 05:44 PM
I've got it made. I am single and more or less live alone. I keep all my stuff in my "model's wardrobe" closet.
I live more or less because I have a live in model/daughter and anothe male classmate. Both of which are OK with Leslie as well as the male me.

Leslie
Southern belle in a 'male by birth' body born in Pa and raised military. :grin:

diane51
03-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Let's just say I keep it well hidden, but I'm getting tired of playing this game.

Brielle_CD
03-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Well, since i still live with my parents.. :straightface:

i just hide it in this box where a bunch of posters and useless crap are inside..

Served me well thus far.. :)

Sarah...
03-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Well, since i still live with my parents.. :straightface:

i just hide it in this box where a bunch of posters and useless crap are inside..

Served me well thus far.. :)

That must be some size of box! So where do you keep the box? :heehee::heehee:

AllieSF
03-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Since my grown son currently lives with me, I keep most of my skirts and tops in the closet in garment bags. I always had a lot of suits and sport coats in garment bages before. So, that part should hopefully not arouse any suspicions to curious eyes. Then I have a couple of small nylon duffle bags, plus a carry on over the shoulder bag that I keep miscellaneous stuff in. Then, finally I have a very large suitcase that is over flowing with skirts, tops and misc stuff. Too much or is it, never too much? I really do need more room!

Leslie Mary S
03-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Excuse me posters are not useless crap. They ar mini gold mines.

Leslie a southern belle hidden in a yankie privates body.

Sherry-Stephanie
03-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Spare bedroom...I have that closet for my girl clothes and men's suits and the wife takes the other spare bedroom for her extra's...so my clothes are hiding in the closet because I'm not....

Gabrielle Hermosa
03-20-2009, 06:24 PM
I don't hide my clothes any more because I'm out to my wife... and she's the one who buys most of it for me. :)

Before I came out, I had a safe stash-place in the basement. I kept my things in a storage container that was located in a region that my wife would not bother to do anything with. We kind of established her areas and my areas, so we don't step on each other's toes.

The storage container was unassuming looking so as not to draw any attention to it. I also had a few layers of old man-clothes folded neatly on top (inside the container, on top of my femme clothes) should anyone open the container. Even if some of the items were removed, I had a couple layers, so they'd have to keep digging deeper to find anything. My wife knows to leave my old stuff alone though so if she stumbled on it (which she never did), she would have just thought she found some of my old clothes, and never bothered with it.

It's important to camouflage your secret stash somehow just in case. It's always best to come out to your SO, but if you have not yet, it's a good idea to make sure that they don't get discovered. Always a good idea to do an inventory every time you remove items from the stash (for wearing) too. I used to count items so that I always remembered to return as many items. This helps prevent you from accidentally leaving an item or two out somewhere to be found. The number system works - use it, and good luck. :)

Dannie Lefae
03-20-2009, 06:29 PM
I don't have to hide anything from my SO. All of my stuff is in the top drawer of my dresser. The only time we have any close calls is when I forget to fold the laundry myself and my kids fold'em. So, I do hide my stuff from my kids, but not my SO.

Dannie

AliceJaneInNewcastle
03-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Well, the stuff for the current season lives in the wardrobe jammed between my male stuff and my wife's stuff. The out-of-season stuff and formal wear lives in a locked full double wardrobe in my son's bedroom. He only gets to use the drawers of that wardrobe because they're not lockable. :happy:

My wig rack is screwed to the bedroom wall in full view. My inlaws have seen it and simply assume that the wigs are my wife's, even though they've never seen her wear one! :lol:

kellylynn_31
03-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Dresses, skirts blouses hang in the closet, underthings folded neatly in top drawer of dresser, more risque items hidden from prying little eyes :-)
SO knows and accepts.

Angie G
03-20-2009, 07:50 PM
I did hide them in the Basement. But now my wife knows So nomore hiding anything.:hugs:
Angie

kristinacd55
03-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi

I was wondering where you girls hide your clothes, shoes etc from your other half and family.

I recently bought my own clothes and my first pair of heels I am paranoid about someone finding them but not sure where I could hide them.

Where do you all hide your clothes?

I used to have em in the crawl space in the basement, until my wife found out 1/2 years ago

Elsa
03-20-2009, 08:05 PM
I hide them in the Basement. My wife knows about my collection but I never dress in front of her, so she closes her eyes and there is no issue.

tamarav
03-20-2009, 08:08 PM
I have almost forgotten what it is like to have to hide stuff, but, in a previous relationship...

We were going to move into a different home. The hosue needed some work and the seller had a carpenter working on the place. I went over and talked to him and told him what I wanted, "a hidden room or space". He was thrilled and relatively inexpensive. When we finally moved in, there were 4 large mirrors in a downstairs playroom. One of the mirrors had hidden hinges and with a quick pull of a hidden piece of molding the mirror swung open. He had gone through the wall and walled in an area about 10 by 16 under the house that was not accessible before. I had power and lights in before we moved in.

Worked great until I moved out...

Starling
03-20-2009, 08:18 PM
You'd make a great spy, Tami. I'm glad you're on our side.

Lallie

Kristen Marie
03-20-2009, 09:12 PM
I joined the Tiffany Club up here in Massachusetts and keep most of my stuff there....but I have several well disguised boxes at home hidden in plan sight, but out of the way in the barn.

Starling
03-20-2009, 09:22 PM
My wife knows and accepts, so my pretty clothes hang in my closet. At least until a contractor calls.

Lallie

JenniferR771
03-20-2009, 10:04 PM
My outdoor garden shed. Behind the seat of my pickup. However, also about 10 dresses in my spare bedroom closet. Some in zippered garment bags. A few not really hidden. My wife knows, but disapproves. She refuses to discuss or touch my stuff.

BLUE ORCHID
03-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Most of my things are hidden in plane sight in our walkin closet and
the three bottom drawers of my dresser my wife tolerates it
but it's a don't ask don't tell thinggie as long as I know my
boundrys everythings ok just keep ORCHID out of sight
..........................................thanks ORCHID

Berta82
03-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Hidden in two plastic totes in my basement. One for intimates, and the other for clothes. But, that one is getting full since I discovered what a thrill it is to go out shopping. Next trip out will include the purchase of a bigger box.

SherylynJade
03-20-2009, 10:33 PM
I hide my stuff in my closet mixed in with my other stuff. Underwear is hidden in the drawers with what's left of my manly stuff (not much, just some PJ bottoms and socks) and even have a whole drawer for bra's. Oh, and nothing is really hidden, I'm out at home, and to some of my neighbors

PretzelGirl
03-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Anything that could also be my wife's (ignoring size) is in plain sight in closets. Boy and does she have enough bras for several people! :D

Stuff that couldn't be her's goes into a lockbox. That thing is getting a little full. Time for another.

PanteeQueen
03-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Before I can out to my SO, I hid my things in the places I knew she would never look like my tool chest which I had the only keys and my golf bag.

JulieK1980
03-21-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm out to my wife so its no longer an issue for me.

But when I was young and lived with my parents I kept it all in my closet and when my mom asked I told her it belonged to my ex-girlfriend, who I just couldn't remember to return the stuff too... :heehee:

Christina Horton
03-21-2009, 12:59 AM
In my closet and my dressers and my makeup vanatie so where else would I put them LOL. I have not had to hide anything since I was 21. I am 39 now. HUGGS :hugs: :canada:

jolanda_trav
03-21-2009, 03:59 AM
Before I came out to my wife I had the clothes in a carton box under a pile of books and in a hidden space in a office furniture in my study.

Now after I came out I have a locked cabinet. She was OK with that, actualy it was hers idea. She knows but doesn't want to be confronted with my female stuff.

Lisa Golightly
03-21-2009, 04:18 AM
I used to have a Pilot's case in the old, old, old days... It was locakable :) Everything got crumpled though... Now I'm openly TS I just leave it all over the bedroom floor... lol... hmmmmm evrything gets crumpled though :)

joanncd
03-21-2009, 04:23 AM
I have my blouses, skirts and dresses hung up, shoes on my shoe rack, and the rest on their own shelf.
Love Joann

Samantha Kelsey
03-21-2009, 04:37 AM
I don't have to hide my femme clothes so I keep them in two double wardrobes however I do hide my male clothes is a small single one.

Sarah Rabbit
03-21-2009, 04:41 AM
In a wardrbe in the spare room.

With big flashing neon lights saying "Here is Sarah's Clothes":heehee:

That would be a hoot...:D

Actually, just about everyone I care about knows.

So this is not an issue.

Sarah R. :bunny:

Jenniferpl
03-21-2009, 05:04 AM
In plain sight. My wife doesn't care were I put it, as long as it is put away.

epsxyblkm
03-21-2009, 05:04 AM
I am lucky enough to not have to hide anything. If I am not wearing them I am able to leave my heels right by the computer.

JuAnn
03-21-2009, 07:28 AM
I use my closet and chest of drawers for panties, bras and forms. The heels, dresses, sweaters etc, are in the garage.
JuAnn

debbeelee1
03-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Nope, I don't have to hide anything. Besides, with my memory, I'd never find it again anyway! I forget where things are when they are in my own hand!

iwearstockings
03-21-2009, 08:54 AM
I have a wardrobe thats completely full of my fetish gear, undies and girlie clothes. My entire collection is in there. I don't lock it but i do sometimes wonder what my S/O's mum ( occasional babysitting) would think if she got a bit nosey one night!! Still she couldn't say much eh?! I was just snooping in your room and found these!!! etc! To be honest she would probably be alright about it, a bit of a hippy you see..
:^)

crossdrezzer1
03-21-2009, 09:51 AM
when I was younger I hid my stuff inside my stereo speaker box,, just 3 screws to remove the speaker and I had all that room for hiding,,now I just hide from my kid but wife knows,,, mix her clothes with mine and all is camoflaged..

Diane Douglas
03-21-2009, 10:15 AM
My wife knos about me, but it is definetly don't ask, don't tell. I have my skirts and tops covered by the plastic garment covers from different stores and my shoes, boots and intimates are in a plastic tub. All of this is in my closet.

Lainie
03-21-2009, 10:44 AM
I used to have a nail in the back of my dresser--take out a drawer or two, hang the clothes hangers on the nail, put the drawers back. That works for maybe 3-4 garments.

But eventually you'll need more space, and you'll struggle with wanting to hide and wanting to be discovered. After I came out to my wife--who prefers not to discuss this--she suggested getting my closet organized. She directed, and I re-arranged, and when we came to the drawer she didn't want to know about, I told her she didn't want to know about that one. Shortly thereafter she quit doing my laundry, and now my closet is approaching half & half. I manage that by donating a lot of clothes to charity pick-ups.:D

victoriamwilliams1
03-21-2009, 10:50 AM
In the tire of my car, that bad part is I have to take the tire off my car to get my stuff:)

In all seriousness, I keep my clothes under the stairs of my basement on a hanging rack. The basement is mine and the area is pretty much off limits.

Christina Horton
03-21-2009, 11:29 AM
I feel so bad for those of you girl whom have to hide them.

Leslie Mary S
03-21-2009, 11:40 AM
I find that the best place to hide them is in plane site but to have a strong alibi excess for them being there.
i.e.
1. part of the studio wardrobe
2. Keeping them for a friend
3. selling them on E bay (which we do)
- - - or the most daring
4. I'm a cross dresser
- - -If you don't like you can leave!
- - - a Gal has rights and can be allowed to be a pit bullish in her own home, specially when she lives alone.

Cool Stacy
03-21-2009, 11:42 AM
I hide my clothes in a black garbage bag. Well the clothes are folded neatly in a plastic box then put into a plastic bag. I hide it sometimes in my garage. But most of the time I have them hid in a large closet in the back, under my steps. Also look for opening in the ceiling. Some drop ceilings work well. Good Luck.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-21-2009, 12:30 PM
I am extremely fortunate to have my own closet which is as large as a good

sized room - I have a wash basin built in and numerous built in cabinets for

underwear, make-up, jewelry, wigs etc - I planned this at the time we built

our house some 25 years ago - And it has a lockable door !

JoAnne Wheeler

Brielle_CD
03-21-2009, 02:28 PM
That must be some size of box! So where do you keep the box? :heehee::heehee:

It's one of those computer boxes, so nobody looks inside of it.. :heehee:

I keep it in my closet.. so far so good :)

prom queen
03-21-2009, 04:58 PM
In my dresser with my manly clothes since I am the only one who uses that dresser

kellycan27
03-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Before I tell you where I keep my stash.....What size do you wear? lol
I don't have to hide my stuff,I live alone. Some good ideas here for when I need extra room to "store" extra stuff. Think I'll go shopping right now....

Kelsy
03-21-2009, 06:08 PM
My clothes are hung neatly in my closet next to my wife's and I have my own dresser with all of my panties, socks, leggings, tees, and whatever. I did have all kinds of hiding places back in the day!!

Kelsy

beez1717
04-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Lol, I usually hide my clothes in my room at my college apartment. that way my roommate won't find out about my panty wearing and stuff... but that's just me.

Slip Affinity
04-01-2009, 05:45 AM
I have my own bedroom and I keep my clothes in my closet and drawers. Wife knows and is ok with it as long as I confine it to the house.

Sheila
04-01-2009, 05:52 AM
Debs hides them in her wardrobe, dresser drawers, and her wigs are hidden really discreetly on top of her wardrobe ..... she is running out of room and has asked me to stop buying things for her .............. am trying this week so far have only bought her a dress , jumper & a handbag .... mind it is inly Wed :heehee:

Seriously when I get moved down there we are gonna have some serious wardrobe space problems .................. I can see me living out of suitcases till we buy our own place :eek::eek:

Mirel
04-01-2009, 06:19 AM
In a large suitcase that JUST fits between the foot of my bed and the wall. Although the suitcase is reasonably out in the open, it is locked at all times I don't need something from within it. It's an older style clamshell type thing - probably older than I am. Only downside is that any determined enough house-mate with a reasonably sturdy paperclip could probably open it...

Leanne2
04-01-2009, 08:45 AM
When I was young I had many hiding places. The most dangerous place was in my barracks room when I was in the military. Now that would have been embarrassing to be outed on base.
Now, my wife knows about my dressing but doesn't approve.
The kids are grown but one son is with us until he gets a better job. My clothes hang in the guest bedroom closet. I also have a lingerie drawer in the night stand next to our bed. Some out of season clothes hang in the basement out of sight. My daughters are married and out of the house. My sons don't have a clue. They think that any feminine clothes belong to my wife. Leanne

BonnieJG
04-01-2009, 09:10 AM
I don't have to hide anything from my SO. I keep my clothes in my closet and drawers. Wife knows and is ok with it as long as I confine it to the house she gose out buy some and and together buy alot.

TJ Tresa
04-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Don't have to hide anymore, my wife knows and is fine with it. She has bought me several dresses, shoes, etc. Any make-up she tries and doesn't like I get. We share clothes for the most part.
When I was a younger and still living at home with my parents I had a very very small assortment, (just a pair of panties and a bra, I once got an old majorette uniform,) any way I kept those things under my matress.
good luck hidding,Tresa.

Ralph
04-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Lol, I usually hide my clothes in my room at my college apartment. that way my roommate won't find out about my panty wearing and stuff

Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that. I came home from class once to have my roommate tell me "We needed a stapler and we knew you had one, so we had to search your room to find it. Your WHOLE room", he made a point of saying.

Of course I can't participate in a "where do you hide your clothes" thread (this makes, what, 42 of them this week?) without adding that you should never try to hide what you do from your spouse. But that said, I would have been much less stressed at college if my roommate (or anybody else) never found out.

ralph

phballet
04-02-2009, 11:17 AM
haha reading all these reploes just makes me smile cuz it seems i';ve tried to hide my stuff in pretty similar places! for now i'm stuffing them all into a box in my garage....the good thing is that its behind all the other boxes. a little troublesome to get to but at least i know its quite safe

Warbender
04-02-2009, 11:28 AM
But everything has a place. My "Yin" wear is in the left half of my closet, and my "Yang" wear is in the other side. :heehee:

I have a shelf for my t-shirts/socks, and a nice chest for my fem wear that won't hang up. Reminds me... I have to sort out all of my hosery. The ones that have runners are going to be made into other things. (one good leg on two pair of same color hose= thigh highs, and two teddies)

patricia marie
04-02-2009, 12:03 PM
I don't have to hide anything as my wife is the one that got me into this and is my supplier. I just love my birthday and Christmas...wow does she ever come through. I am 65 and she got me started about 15 years ago so I am one of the lucky ones.

Stockingstopgirl
04-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Initially I use to run a mobile disco and when I sold everything I used one of the equipment boxes to store Debbs clothes in the loft. As the amout of clother expanded I used an old briefcase and was left at the bottom of my wardrobe. But in recent years it cracked and opened where the plastic bent. So I had to dispose of some clothes I grew out of and moved to a small modern one which was not as large. The straw trhat broke that one was trying to close it and it split at the back. It is now stuffed between the foot of the spare bed and the wall until I can find somewhere else.

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-02-2009, 04:29 PM
I hide them in plain sight, my wife does all the laundry. The only problem we have is if one of our kids comes to visit then I have to stash my shoe collection and wigs.

susancheerleader
04-02-2009, 04:34 PM
I have two clothes chests. One is full of guy stuff. The other is full of girl stuff. :)

CandiceStivali
04-02-2009, 04:44 PM
In the closet I'm afraid :)

It's a great irony - a real hoot - I'm out of the closet so my clothes are in it! Now isn't that just a sensible kind of symmetry?

Sarah...

that's so cute sarah =)

Deb The Brunette
04-03-2009, 03:20 PM
I live alone so I'm ok but feel sorry for those that have to hide stuff, must make for a lot of ironing too ....I think though even with what you think is a great hiding place, will in the end enevitably be discovered by accident

I have a spare room if anyone wants it !!

KarenCDFL
04-03-2009, 03:27 PM
My wife knows so no issues there at all.

thegeneralpublic
04-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Ever since I came out to my parents, I've alternated putting my clothes in boxes in my closet and under my bed. Some other things I wear often I have in other safe places that are easier to access (i.e., drawers, under the pillows, etc.). The only reason I still hide them is because of my siblings (parents are uptight about them knowing :-\)

CDPAUL
04-04-2009, 08:16 AM
i have not had to hid anything for a while but i believe my wife has hidden some things for me because i cant find some things

SouthernBelle.GG
04-04-2009, 11:19 AM
i have not had to hid anything for a while but i believe my wife has hidden some things for me because i cant find some things

Yep FOR you, babe - not from. We do have some nosy kids. :heehee:

Seras
04-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Hanging freely in the closet! I live alone :)

Crysten
04-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Um.

Where do I start.

1. Talk to your wife.
2. Talk to your wife.
3. Talk to your wife.
4. Refer to numbers 1-3.

There is no place to hide your clothes. She will find them.
Best to be honest, because, when she DOES find them, what, exactly, do you plan on saying then? Don't you think it would be easier to explain beforehand than being caught red-handed, and having to explain yourself?

I could go on, but I think you see my point.

Crysten

Ujean1998
04-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Dad and I still live in the same house for financial security reasons, but I keep my things upstairs. I also rule the upstairs with an iron fist so anyone who goes snooping into my personal space already knows that there will be trouble. :devil:

Fuzzy4504
04-04-2009, 01:01 PM
No problem here my wife is fully aware of my CDing. Which is kinda funny when she does the laundry she does both of ours together.