PDA

View Full Version : TSA Changing Their Rules/Requirements?

TxKimberly
03-20-2009, 05:01 PM
New TSA Rules (http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-25686330;_ylc=X3oDMTFxZjdyMzR0BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEX3MD MjcxOTQ4MQRzZWMDZnAtdG9kYXltb2QEc2xrA3RzYXR3aXN0LT MtMjAtMDk-)

This link was posted in another group I belong to, along with her comments expressing concern that it will make things harder for TG's to travel. Considering how often I fly femme I hope she is mistaken.

I've read the article and don't think it really changes anything significant for us. As I will never be transitioning, the ID I've always presented when traveling femme is my male drivers license, so the TSA was already well aware I was male. I think the article just implies that now they will be storing my gender somewhere in the reservation and ticket data.

Noxvictum
03-20-2009, 05:06 PM
So long as they don't slash my forms, I'm good. I almost always get picked to have my bags rifled through, and have gotten to the point where I think it's pretty funny when I see the TSA go through all my femme stuff. At least it keeps things interesting for them, right?:heehee:

JoAnne Wheeler
03-21-2009, 01:09 PM
All of you frequent flying sisters keep us once in a great while siters advised

JoAnne Wheeler

Starling
03-21-2009, 02:37 PM
So long as they don't slash my forms, I'm good....

Good luck, Tracy. Are your breasts under three ounces?

(I can't tell you how ashamed I am for posting that.)

Lallie

PS: Seriously, the best way to keep them from rifling through your femme stuff is to wear it! And maybe I will sometime...in my dreams.

Noxvictum
03-21-2009, 02:46 PM
honestly I don't know... Size 4. But I imagine it is.

CharleneT
03-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Kim, thank you for sharing this with us. After reading it I do not think it will change how they interact with a CD enfemme. It does sound like they will have to have a "declared gender" in the original ticketing. As long as you declare what your ID papers have on them, I do not see it as a problem.

I do find this interesting, as fairly soon I will be off to visit family in CA and if I can work out the details, I was planning to go dressed ( and your stories have gone a long way to giving me the courage for that by the way).

divamissz
03-22-2009, 10:57 PM
From what I read, your date of birth and gender marker must match what is on the ID you present upon check-in. So, it should not make a difference as long as you answer their questions the way they want...

Glenda
03-22-2009, 11:44 PM
It sounds like it would be preferable for CD's travelling enfemme to have a state ID with their femme picture. We'll be doing our part to help move the lines along.

Kelsy
03-23-2009, 04:19 AM
If they asked me what my sex is I would say one thing, If they asked me what my gender is then I would have to say something else!!:)

Kelsy

JulieC
03-23-2009, 11:29 AM
If they asked me what my sex is I would say one thing, If they asked me what my gender is then I would have to say something else!!:)

Kelsy

Indeed. Many organizations (usually non-commercial entities) have been revising their policies with regards to forms in that many have stopped asking for gender, and have instead been asking for sex.

Of course, sex isn't a A/B answer anymore than gender is.