PDA

View Full Version : CD out shopping at Mid-Rivers Mall in St. Louis

Katie_
03-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi All-

Just thought we would pass along what we observed today while at a mall in STL.

First, I realize the person I am talking about might read this, and I mean her no dis-respect. Just my point of view.

My GF and I had stopped to get me a new waist cincher at Fredericks. As we were getting ready to walk into Frederick we spotted a gurl walking in front of us. She was wearing a very short skirt, leather jacket, light tan hose and very high heels, the kind like strippers wear, not heel straps and open toes. There is a point to me describing them like this.

Anyway, she was probably in her early fifties. She was pretty easy to spot for 2 reasons. She had nice legs, but big calves. Second was the broad shoulders.

Her makeup and face were passable. Had she had on slacks or jeans and lower heels I dont think we or anyone else would have noticed. We ended up in a couple of the same stores and everyone read her. No one caused her any trouble or said anything that I think she could hear, but there were snickers and a couple of the young boys in Spencers said hey, i think that is a man...

Point is...

1) I am sure she was aware that some read her, and she obviously didn't care.

2) Had she dressed more like the average woman, no one would have noticed.

3) People might snicker or laugh, but no one caused her a problem. She was enjoying herself and that is all that matters....

Kudo's to her!

Katie-

PS, about to get dolled up for a night out on the town with my lovely lil girl friend....and oh yeah, no one noticed me trying the waist cinchers on in the store...but the clerk did question why we had an XS garter belt and a XL waist cincher..she was just making sure it wasnt a mistake...she didnt care otherwise. It was obvious who they were for.

Billijo49504
03-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Must be you both had a good day....BJ

Marissa Mae
03-21-2009, 12:37 AM
I will be in St. Louis on Sunday night :) Mid Rivers Mall.. I will keep that in mind.

Princess29
03-21-2009, 01:31 AM
yeah I reckon that some people might do a few double takes or smile but that would likely be as bad as it gets

JoAnne Wheeler
03-21-2009, 01:02 PM
She must not be a member on this Forum - otherwise she would have read

about all of the advice given here about blending in and not drawing attention

to yourself - but if as you say, she didn't seem to care whether anyone was

reading her - or maybe she wanted to be read - to each her own

JoAnne Wheeler

vikki2020
03-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure she knew that outfit would get a lot of attention, and maybe that's exactly what the intent was! I like to turn a few heads when I go out, maybe not quite at that level, but still sexy in a little bit more conservative dress. Sometimes girls just want to have fun!:devil:

Danielle/Mo
03-22-2009, 02:45 PM
I have never been to Mid Rivers as Danielle. I have been to West County and Fairview Heights and had no trouble at all.

I made several cosmetcs and clothes purchases at Nordstroms and Torid.

Katie_
03-23-2009, 06:58 PM
She had not trouble from anyone that I saw, but did draw alot of unneeded attention to herself. Obviously I am not a mind reader and have no idea what her intentions/thougths were, nor do I care. To each there own. I was simply trying to remind people to think about what you are wearing before you go out if you want to really pass and not draw attention or risk embarassement or harm to yourself. I little different outfit and no one would have noticed.

My GF and I went out both Friday and Sat night in St. Louis, no problems at all. Korners bar on South Broadway is definately the place to go to meet cool people. It was one of the most awesome bars we have been to. So many nice people, alot of cd's, very friendly atmosphere, and down to earth. Not a loud, crowded place, just a place to be yourself and relax. Met some really nice new friends, especially Kelli and Kaylie...you know who you are! Thanks for the welcome!

zeroled
03-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Cool to see you can all go about your businesses. I have to ask, did you hear/see any "attention gaining"? I have to consider how perceptive we might be as "team players"...as in, we're more open to public perception of a fellow CD-er by virtue of personal knowledge. That idea is only founded on the basis of actually seeing 1st-hand that she drew (unwanted or otherwise) attention.
Regardless, all is well, and everyone went with what felt good. Woot-woot to youse!
;)

Kathy2U
03-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Sounds like she was enjoying herself. Good for her. I have to admit St Louis is open more than other cities. Not too bad for our Midwest town. I will have to keep my eyes open I go to MidRivers now and then.
Take Care Gurls.
Kathy