PDA

View Full Version : courage to tell

Stephenie
06-24-2005, 12:35 PM
How many of you gals have found that the support and understanding that you have found here has given you the courage to come out to your SO and how did it turn out?

For me finding this site has shown me that I'm not alone and just before joining as a member I told my wife. We are still in the working things out stage but she ha sjoked about it a bit which shows some hope. At least she has stopped talking about leaving and started talking about the future again.

Love

eileen1969
06-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Tunnel for the both of yous! right on girls! how sweet as for mio I had a bad outcome with my former partner! The only light I saw was the train that hit me! ouch that hurt at first about her own stuff. She does not accept my female spirit and thats ok with me! NOT all peeps are going to and to be honest I strongly stood up for myself at a meeting about this last night!
I clearly stated that I am here to stay and nothing or no one person can say or do anything about me or my life ty very much! just an example of how my freind! ;) :evilbegon here yeee here yeeeeee Eileen has spoken! :bow: you shall bow to her comands kings n queens step aside! ;)

Julie York
06-24-2005, 12:52 PM
Hi Stephenie.
I haven't got anyone close enough to come out to, but I have learned from this site that honesty is the best policy with someone you regard as your partner. Otherwise, when you do get found out, you end up with a great Homer Simpson line......."Honestly Marge.....I swear I would have never done it....if I'd known you'd find out."

Not a good position.

I can't comment on Eileen's situation as it seems to be written in a foreign dialect. :confused:

Fallen Angel
06-24-2005, 12:53 PM
this forum has givin me a lot of friend here.i go out quite often as well as some of the other ladies and we are in hopes that it as well gives some others the courage and support to venture out and feel good about them selfs. lots of us here open our hearts to all here we are all sisters a family this is what this place has done for me and others xx

Rachel_740
06-24-2005, 12:57 PM
How many of you gals have found that the support and understanding that you have found here has given you the courage to come out to your SO and how did it turn out?

For me finding this site has shown me that I'm not alone and just before joining as a member I told my wife. We are still in the working things out stage but she ha sjoked about it a bit which shows some hope. At least she has stopped talking about leaving and started talking about the future again.

Love

I don't have a SO, but the support I got from this site gave me the courage to do what I always wanted to do but thought I'd never manage - to transition. This obviously included tell my friends, family, work, banks and anyone else who needed to know.

Anne

TV_Allie
06-24-2005, 06:26 PM
I consider myself one of the furtunate ones who has a supportive wife. She knowa because I couldn't bear to decieve her. I felt like I was cheating befor I came out to her. I don't think she is totally into it yet, but I'm taking it slowly with her. I tryed to consider how I would feel if she had been a FTM CD, and I know it would have been a little tough, but hey, we only live once. We can't be timid about opening ourselves up to new experiences.

jo_ann
06-24-2005, 06:30 PM
I (like many on here) told my girlfriend (now my wife) early on that I crossdressed (about a month after we met).. but this site is helpful in other ways (encourages me to dress more, gives me ideas, lets me vent, informs me of stuff I never knew about)

Stephenie
06-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Thanks girls for the replies. I think that without this site I would be more of a mess than I am now. You girls are a wonderful bunch of coconuts.

Priscilla1018
06-27-2005, 09:49 AM
After being on this site for a month and reading threads about coming out,I found the courage to come out to my wife.I am one of the lucky ones,my wife was very understanding,she even did the makeup for my avatar.The support we all recieve from our sisters here is so wonderful.We really are not alone at any time,no matter what,we can all come here and find love and understanding.We are family.

jaz
07-12-2005, 12:36 PM
I whish I had that much courage

jaz
07-12-2005, 12:48 PM
I am all of a sudden realizing that I am not the only person in the world. I would have liked this computor and sitethirty years ago but I am not gripping I have always enjoyed myself but I do feel a lot more comfortable now I am older . My wife knows and occasionally entertains my feelings as our love is very deep but I have always felt she would rather not. This is all strange talking about this.

Krystal Lee
07-12-2005, 01:52 PM
When my wife found out the big thing was the question of trust. She came to realise I had not told her because I was afraid I would loose her. Now I have lost her (to cancer). As enough time had passed and I started to date again I went out with a woman I had known from before. I told her early in the game and ended up being told we would not work out as I did a better job on my mascara than she did with hers! Sometimes you can't win for loosing. I have not given up on finding an SO and know she will be informed early on. Don't want the pressure of hidding again. Hugs Krystal.

Adele
07-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Krystal Lee hit the nail on the head.

When I told my wife she took time to trust me again and wondered if I had any other secrets.

She is somewhat accepting and we are working through things slowly and sureley.

The fact that she hasn't left me speaks volumes.

I know I should have been honest from the beginning, if anything I realise now that in the first instance I was kidding myself let alone anyone else.

Wendy me
07-12-2005, 02:17 PM
although my wife has know for a long time abought my dressing before i found this place . we use to have fights abought it.. now after being here for a while she still dosen't like it but now we can come to understandings abought things ...and i have learned small steps work....talking not yelling....and thinking abought hre feelings goes a long way.....small stepps we will get there....

ebony
07-12-2005, 03:40 PM
I needed a rush after having a long day as my girl steped out for a job enterview thiking these things take forever I got time but unfourtunatley she had her days mixed up and caught me in her dress looking better better in it
than she did (her own words) She wanted an explination And I had to tell her this is a habbit sice I had since I was a little boy and it gets worse as I get older she dosn't mine she just dosn't want our little girl to find out. At first she didn't want me to do it outside the house but since we been to vegas and I went out in femme I guess that dosn't matter any more.

Tiffy
07-12-2005, 04:00 PM
My wife has known since about three months after we met. So, with her it did not help. But, I have found that it has helped me in being open and honest with certain other people. Thanks ladies.

Kisses, April

Adrianne
07-12-2005, 04:08 PM

Hello Stephenie

This site has help me too as i told my gr=irlfriend that i am a crossdresser and she supports me, I hope everything will turn out good for you and i wish you well for the future.

Love Adrianne.

prettyflower
07-13-2005, 08:05 PM
It was in me all along. My mom knew it from a really early age. So I never really had to come out. I have been doing it since I can remember.I am now 18 and evryone I meet thinks I am a girl. :love:

Julie
07-13-2005, 08:41 PM
I told mine before we were engaged and she seemed to take it pretty well. Heck, she lived with it for over 23 years. She joked about it too and called me Buffy from Tom Hanks character on Bosom Buddies.

http://www.driko.org/smallpics/bosom.jpg

That's when I realized I should probably have a femme name. Buffy just didn't do it for me. Of course, Buffy the Vampire Slayer hadn't been created yet.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005LIRA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Cindy K
07-14-2005, 07:41 AM
Honesty has always been the best policy for me, my wife and my mother both know about my fem side. Ok neither shouted whoopee he’s a tranny, especially my mum who was a little upset at first, but both have come to terms with it to the point they even buy me girlie presents for birthdays and Christmas.